Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
CrashCat
Jan 10, 2003

another shit post

It's still okay background noise to me. Not high praise, I know, but these days whenever I leave O&J in the background it's usually Jim being intentionally obnoxious that gets my attention again and I'm just weary of it. Yeah, it's gotten to me enough that I choose Racist McRaciston's Racism Hour of Racism instead, pretty hosed up :shrug:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rev. Bleech_
Oct 19, 2004

~OKAY, WE'LL DRINK TO OUR LEGS!~

Today's the first time I remember hearing "SO, ISN'T THIS GREAT" or "OKAY human being, WHAT'S NEXT" since Ant got fired and they both left me giggling like an idiot because mentally I'm a child.

eightysixed
Sep 23, 2004

I always tell the truth. Even when I lie.

CrashCat posted:

it's usually Jim being intentionally obnoxious that gets my attention again and I'm just weary of it.

Yea, this is getting out of control. Is he purposely trolling Opie?

BigPoot
Jan 16, 2013

Not to pile on to the Opie bashing, but he "knows music" and didnt know how much Steely Dan loved cocaine?

spudsbuckley
Aug 29, 2008

by FactsAreUseless

(and can't post for 5 years!)

That "PUT THEM IN THE CAMEL CLUTCH" song was so loving bad and they ripped on it perfectly.

everyone wear hats now
Jul 29, 2010

I got into O+A through the Lazlow show, which is still my favourite of the sirius/xm shows. Sadly Big Wayne passed away over the weekend.

http://lazlow.com/

I guess he's stealing boxes of apple jacks and making GBS threads on newspaper in heaven now.

Space Bat
Apr 17, 2009

hold it now hold it now hold it right there
you wouldn't drop, couldn't drop diddy, you wouldn't dare

The Heckler posted:

I got into O+A through the Lazlow show, which is still my favourite of the sirius/xm shows. Sadly Big Wayne passed away over the weekend.

I guess he's stealing boxes of apple jacks and making GBS threads on newspaper in heaven now.

Oh no! That's horrible! :smith: That's exactly how I got into O&A too. Poor Wayne, he was a funny guy and while I haven't followed Laz in a while I always appreciated the dynamic those three had. I guess I need to relisten to some of their stuff again. I even own the DVD.

FarmerHank
Jan 6, 2011

farming techniques vary
Feeling really sad for Shelbs and Molly's exchange rate issues

OldTennisCourt
Sep 11, 2011

by VideoGames
Going back through old clips on youtube while I work, I forgot how much Jimmy loving HATED Bobo at times. People poo poo on Opie, deservedly so a lot of times, but him putting Bobo calls through just to make Jimmy blindingly angry was wonderful. Jimmy's Bobo impression was loving hilarious as well.

spudsbuckley
Aug 29, 2008

by FactsAreUseless

Of course Troy got legit pissy with Jim laughing at his terrible Iron Sheik song.

loving hipster manchild who thinks he's an "artist".

How Much Art
Oct 29, 2003
Trampoline Destroys Bear

spudsbuckley posted:

Of course Troy got legit pissy with Jim laughing at his terrible Iron Sheik song.

loving hipster manchild who thinks he's an "artist".

I'm still thrilled that Troy isn't allowed on air. I hope the ban isn't lifted.

Sankis
Mar 8, 2004

But I remember the fella who told me. Big lad. Arms as thick as oak trees, a stunning collection of scars, nice eye patch. A REAL therapist he was. Er wait. Maybe it was rapist?

Troy was radio poison so I hope so too. The only time he's funny is when they're making fun of him and he's doing his hipster bullshit to deflect.

F1DriverQuidenBerg
Jan 19, 2014

The Heckler posted:

Sucks so much. Got into O&A to fill time in between Lazlow shows. Big Wayne was one of those guys that were bigger then life. Still remember my friend listening to this thing called The Lazlow show, first heard the Jimmy Jimmy episode and thought it was pretty funny. Then Lazlow brought in Big Wayne.

Stealing Apple Jacks cereal from train cars, robbing shoe stores, knocking a chick up again after just getting back from the abortion clinic, banging a homeless girl. The guy did it all and told you about it with the greatest laugh at the end of every story.

My favorite moment though is when he saved that asian girl from drowning but then got depressed because he didn't know if she lived or not. Sure enough a week later he found out she lived with some mild retardation from the lack of oxygen :downs:

F1DriverQuidenBerg fucked around with this message at 02:49 on Nov 6, 2014

Barreft
Jul 21, 2014

Just watching Ant's show. Holy poo poo Mike Bocchetti looks like a functioning Gary the Retard.

Barreft fucked around with this message at 03:30 on Nov 6, 2014

Apoplexy
Mar 9, 2003

by Shine
Kevyn, A dumb question, but where does the quote in your avatar come from? I'm sure it's Jimmy's and all, but it is something I feel, as a life-long depressive failure oval office, I could appropriate for my own use. Jimmy's life and mine are remarkably similar, only with Monster Rain being replaced with peenie-sucking between a few friends at the age of 6-8. And I wonder why my sexuality is so broad and disjointed.

onemillionzombies
Apr 27, 2014

Shelby has a worse voice than Sam. I don't know how, but he does.

Kevyn
Mar 5, 2003

I just want to smile. Just once. I'd like to just, one time, go to Disney World and smile like the other boys and girls.

Apoplexy posted:

Kevyn, A dumb question, but where does the quote in your avatar come from? I'm sure it's Jimmy's and all, but it is something I feel, as a life-long depressive failure oval office, I could appropriate for my own use. Jimmy's life and mine are remarkably similar, only with Monster Rain being replaced with peenie-sucking between a few friends at the age of 6-8. And I wonder why my sexuality is so broad and disjointed.

It's a quote from Frank the Frowner, a silly character Jimmy used to do back in the K-Rock days.

https://oapedia.com/oa/Frank_the_Frowner

feigning interest
Jun 22, 2007

I just hate seeing anything go to waste.
I see someone was voted "boy most likely to overshare on a internet comedy forum"

Under the vegetable
Nov 2, 2004

by Smythe
*YouTube link to "YOU CAN ACT LIKE A MAN! WHATS THE MATTER WITH YOU?" *

Kevyn
Mar 5, 2003

I just want to smile. Just once. I'd like to just, one time, go to Disney World and smile like the other boys and girls.
You know, it takes more muscles to frown than it does to smile, a childhood friend once told me as I was blowing him.

Daikatana Ritsu
Aug 1, 2008

Does anyone have that clip of Patrice humming the tune of that Cranberries song, Dreams? He was trying to explain what song it was but couldn't remember the name. It was posted in here a while back but search doesn't work in this forum.

beep by grandpa
May 5, 2004

I'm at work and can't really search for it but I definitely remember the video being called something like Patrice rips start white people music, so start there.

Buffalo squeeze
Dec 19, 2010

Oh noble brogy. Overflowing with meaty wisdom and secret sauce.
Here ya go
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JygFZHq5A_w

Kevyn
Mar 5, 2003

Daikatana Ritsu posted:

Does anyone have that clip of Patrice humming the tune of that Cranberries song, Dreams? He was trying to explain what song it was but couldn't remember the name. It was posted in here a while back but search doesn't work in this forum.

http://youtu.be/Hrd4WyDYO6g Starts right around the 2 hour mark

efb

Stokes
Jun 13, 2003

Maybe Kris can come in, and we can throw M-80s at his asshole.

Under the vegetable posted:

*YouTube link to "YOU CAN ACT LIKE A MAN! WHATS THE MATTER WITH YOU?" *

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7nqcgUDoV_M

Daikatana Ritsu
Aug 1, 2008

:tipshat: everyone

Stokes
Jun 13, 2003

Maybe Kris can come in, and we can throw M-80s at his asshole.
Months later and people still call into The Anthony Cumia Show and ask to speak to Anthony. (He is answering the phones.)

Barreft
Jul 21, 2014

Stokes posted:

Months later and people still call into The Anthony Cumia Show and ask to speak to Anthony. (He is answering the phones.)

http://i.imgur.com/OJsLNYs.jpg

Barreft
Jul 21, 2014

Just noticed the coffee creamer behind him. Is Artie's show in the storage cabinet?

Ganon
May 24, 2003
The show was cancelled earlier this year, but they had actually built him this really nice NYC studio with a kitchen in it.

It's what O&A always wanted

Tevryr
Dec 5, 2009

The Heckler posted:

Man, that was a little hard to swallow. He had always had health problems, and I thought Lazlow managed his funds for the raiser. Guess it just happened. In his van though, that's awful. Like another poster said, he was one of those larger than life guys, sorta like patrice. Rest in Peace

One Legged Cat
Aug 31, 2004

DAY I GOT COOKIE
I've taken to listening to O&A while I'm working in the mornings, and I actually think the part I look forward to the most is when the Twitter ad comes on where Opie says, "IF YOU HATE TWITTER SO MUCH WWWWWWHY ARE YOU ONNN IT THENNNN? EUUUUUUUGH!"

I seriously stop whatever I'm doing whenever that comes on.

Call Me Charlie
Dec 3, 2005

by Smythe
This turned out way better than I thought it would.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zdKbJ4QujDM

Morter
Jul 1, 2006

:ninja:
Gift for the grind, criminal mind shifty

Swift with the 9 through a 59FIFTY
That had me look up why Ron would keep saying "Too much tyuuna" when Jeff was mentioned on occasion, only to find out that there was some Kroll (web?)show where Gurian starred in where he was given too much tuna. Is this why he shouts out to Nick Kroll?

This is too much lore, I just woke up 10 minutes ago.

Ransom
Jan 8, 2001

JOLLY RAPIST

Morter posted:

That had me look up why Ron would keep saying "Too much tyuuna" when Jeff was mentioned on occasion, only to find out that there was some Kroll (web?)show where Gurian starred in where he was given too much tuna. Is this why he shouts out to Nick Kroll?

Yup.

Jeffery please for the sake oh her mother tell us where her body is!

Frost Uncle
Nov 2, 2012
I just realized that Opie claimed he never gave away radio contest prizes to friends and then following Ronnie B telling him stories about doing that he started wink-wink nudge-nudge suggesting that he did that all the time.

godface zillah
Nov 18, 2012

Frost Uncle posted:

I just realized that Opie claimed he never gave away radio contest prizes to friends and then following Ronnie B telling him stories about doing that he started wink-wink nudge-nudge suggesting that he did that all the time.

Opie is also the king of "me too" so he might be making that poo poo up to fit in.

StrugglingHoneybun
Jan 2, 2005

Aint no thing like me, 'cept me.
This might border on :filez:, but the normal place seems to be down and has been since Thursday. Is there another place for that sort of thing?

I don't have plat, but you can reddit msg me at u/kirb

edit: I've been guided to the right place. Thanks!

StrugglingHoneybun fucked around with this message at 03:35 on Nov 10, 2014

spudsbuckley
Aug 29, 2008

by FactsAreUseless

Op and Jim were talking about massage, acupuncture and fire cupping and other weird alternative poo poo this morning and someone tweeted Jimmy telling him that Jeffery Gurian claimed to have healing hands.

Jim responded by saying that people only tell him that because they want to get the gently caress away from that loving weirdo.

Fantastic.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Dave
Sep 9, 2003

Bobby put up the episode of YKWD that Ant was on:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1a0Sz5autoM

• Locked thread