Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

kastein
Aug 31, 2011

Moderator at http://www.ridgelineownersclub.com/forums/and soon to be mod of AI. MAKE AI GREAT AGAIN. Motronic for VP.
I'm not sure which came first, the banjo playing or the sister loving, but this is the result.

quote:

3500 obo or trades 2000 blazer sas 8.8rear posi 410 d30 410 front 12 inch lift no body lift adjustable air shocks in front all leather an power custom steering with hiems dual steering stabilizers just did full tune up 231 hd maunul shift swap recent custom exuahst good wheeler or daily goes down highway at 80mph no problem

Allow me to translate:
solid axle swapped 2000 blazer
12 inch lift
janky hillrod-built steering and suspension systems, dual steering stabilizers because more is better
NP231HD transfer case swap with manual shift linkage (this is actually better)
35" boggers, completely bald of course

... and this idiot drives it at 80mph on highways. Highways near me.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

cursedshitbox
May 20, 2012

Your rear-end wont survive my hammering.

Fun Shoe
How does poo poo like that pass inspection there but toiletjeep isn't allowed.

CommieGIR
Aug 22, 2006

The blue glow is a feature, not a bug

Pillbug

kastein posted:

janky hillrod-built steering and suspension systems, dual steering stabilizers because more is better

Probably because the damned thing is so uncontrollable otherwise.

kastein
Aug 31, 2011

Moderator at http://www.ridgelineownersclub.com/forums/and soon to be mod of AI. MAKE AI GREAT AGAIN. Motronic for VP.

CommieGIR posted:

Probably because the damned thing is so uncontrollable otherwise.

I am guessing that's also why the front tires have like 1/4" less tread depth, his alignment is probably hosed to hell and back. "custom" steering indeed.

And that thing didn't pass inspection - the sticker is green, which means it's (at best) a 2012 sticker. Could also be from 2007 or 2002.

F1DriverQuidenBerg
Jan 19, 2014

kastein posted:

I'm not sure which came first, the banjo playing or the sister loving, but this is the result.

Allow me to translate:
solid axle swapped 2000 blazer
12 inch lift
NP231HD transfer case swap with manual shift linkage (this is actually better)
35" boggers, completely bald of course

... and this idiot drives it at 80mph on highways. Highways near me.

I've never touched or even read up on leaf spring suspension in my life so somebody please correct me if I'm wrong here...

I'm almost entirely certain that isn't the type of clamps you need for leafs and at some point is probably going to sheer through the threads.

kastein
Aug 31, 2011

I think, but am not sure, that you are looking at a little ubolt used to keep the leafs from fanning out, not the one that holds it to the axle. Which indicates he may not have torqued the axle ubolts fully...

F1DriverQuidenBerg
Jan 19, 2014

kastein posted:

I think, but am not sure, that you are looking at a little ubolt used to keep the leafs from fanning out, not the one that holds it to the axle. Which indicates he may not have torqued the axle ubolts fully...

yeah definitely the the U bolts. Don't leaf springs usually have a Ubolt where the bolt intersects the top of the U?

Motronic
Nov 6, 2009

1500quidporsche posted:

yeah definitely the the U bolts. Don't leaf springs usually have a Ubolt where the bolt intersects the top of the U?

Are you talking about this?

Because that's what Kastein is talking about. And it's so far down the triage list of problems on that truck it's hardly worth mentioning.

It's also the only shiny thing on the truck, so it's probably been recently broken and replaced or he just realized he needed it. But still really, really far down the list of things wrong here.

F1DriverQuidenBerg
Jan 19, 2014

Motronic posted:

Are you talking about this?

Yup that's the one, its relatively minor but still bugged me.

spookykid
Apr 28, 2006

I am an awkward fellow
after all
I love that the front leafs are essentially flat too.

murphle
Mar 4, 2004

Dannywilson posted:

I love that the front leafs are essentially flat too.

That's perfectly acceptable. Lots of 4x4's came from the factory with nearly flat, or even reversed-arch front springs (see 70's Blazers for the latter).

toplitzin
Jun 13, 2003

West SAAB Story
Mar 13, 2014

by Athanatos

(and can't post for 222 days!)

Imma guess that was a ford from the grill.

toplitzin posted:

The headlights/mirrors say dodge to me.

I don't recognize those. poo poo. Something domestic (and plastic).

West SAAB Story fucked around with this message at 21:16 on Nov 7, 2014

toplitzin
Jun 13, 2003

Viggen posted:

Imma guess that was a ford from the grill.

The headlights/mirrors say dodge to me.

SD-455
May 15, 2009

by Lowtax
Dodge Ram

The MUMPSorceress
Jan 6, 2012

^SHTPSTS

Gary’s Answer

Wrong thread in my opinion.

JukeboxHerostratus
Nov 25, 2009

A car is terrible when someone half-asses it. This took dedication. Someone pushed it through all the way through the darkness and into the light. You don't have to like it, but you have to admire the dedication it takes to complete a job like that.

BobHoward
Feb 13, 2012

The only thing white people deserve is a bullet to their empty skull

Horse Divorce posted:

You don't have to like it, but you have to admire the dedication it takes to complete a job like that.

Nah. You really don't have to admire it at all.

SD-455
May 15, 2009

by Lowtax
Some serious effort was put into it which I respect. But those responsible have pretty bad taste

enojy
Sep 11, 2001

bass rattle
stars out
the sky

LeftistMuslimObama posted:

Wrong thread in my opinion.

I'm with you. I feel like I'd have a ton of fun at some convention like this. But, if I saw this on the road (do people who do this even drive these cars?) I'd get irrationally upset.

Somewhat Heroic
Oct 11, 2007

(Insert Mad Max related text)

SD-455 posted:

Dodge Ram

fox bodied :v: Dodge Ram truck. It is every way terrible. There were more photos/details on the top gear website.

SD-455
May 15, 2009

by Lowtax
HEADLIGHT FIRE CAUSED BY BAD HIDZZZZ

She's try to sell this thing with a salvage title for 19,500. But guys it has a one of a kind custom turbo set up from some shop in Phoenix!

Slavvy
Dec 11, 2012

That's a peculiar place for the turbo isn't it?

T1g4h
Aug 6, 2008

I AM THE SCALES OF JUSTICE, CONDUCTOR OF THE CHOIR OF DEATH!

Blue paint, but neon yellow green valve cover? :wtc:

Cage
Jul 17, 2003
www.revivethedrive.org
Are we still doing front end mods?

A SN-95 new edge (99-04) mustang with a S197 (05-09) front end. There were no other pics unfortunately.

Queen_Combat
Jan 15, 2011

Turbo Fondant
Oct 25, 2010

Man, those new Traxxas trucks have some crazy intricate detail.

Terrible Robot
Jul 2, 2010

FRIED CHICKEN
Slippery Tilde

Tommychu posted:

Man, those new Traxxas trucks have some crazy intricate detail.

Hahahahaha

spookykid
Apr 28, 2006

I am an awkward fellow
after all

This makes me so goddamn angry, and it's because I can see everything wrong with it. It's the synthol dude of the car world.

ComfyPants
Mar 20, 2002

There was a news article online about a 10-car accident on the freeway, and I just happened to notice one of the photos on the site:

Please don't let that be a real Cord.

Queen_Combat
Jan 15, 2011
Is it that you can see my ambulance in the background? :haw:

IPCRESS
May 27, 2012

JaysonAych posted:

There was a news article online about a 10-car accident on the freeway, and I just happened to notice one of the photos on the site:

Please don't let that be a real Cord.

If it is an actual 812, it will be fixed.

I hope.

BlackMK4
Aug 23, 2006

wat.
Megamarm

Slavvy posted:

That's a peculiar place for the turbo isn't it?

That is what is known as a sidewinder setup in the Evo world.

Lain Iwakura
Aug 5, 2004

The body exists only to verify one's own existence.

Taco Defender

Night Danger Moose
Jan 5, 2004

YO SOY FIESTA

drat, that ugly-rear end Tron Lambo is in BC? Maybe I'll see it in person when I go back to Vancouver for Christmas.

Not Wolverine
Jul 1, 2007
I kinda like the idea of the Lambo, the colors are wrong but if it was gray with light blue highlights it would actually look pretty cool.

T1g4h
Aug 6, 2008

I AM THE SCALES OF JUSTICE, CONDUCTOR OF THE CHOIR OF DEATH!

Hell, I love that shade of purple, just change the lines to silver or something and it'd look fine.

TehRedWheelbarrow
Mar 16, 2011

Fan of Britches

T1g4h posted:

Hell, I love that shade of purple, just change the lines to silver or something and it'd look fine.

loving agreed. Love that shade

PCOS Bill
May 12, 2013

by FactsAreUseless

THIRD STREET

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

mattfl
Aug 27, 2004

So, how do you even get in/out/open the doors in this thing, it doesn't make any sense!