Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

BizarroAzrael posted:

I'd be really interested in seeing the pencils for that.

Dare we entertain the possibility they will do weird goofy crossover stuff with Star Wars?

Of course they will. They did Star Trek/X-Men.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Selachian
Oct 9, 2012

Gavok posted:

Thank you Bendis for somehow entering the recesses of my mind and making my "Never Happening Ever Exiles" comic cover idea a reality.

It's still missing Charcoal, but he isn't licensed. He's just a legal issue.

Really needs to have Dr. Fu Manchu involved as well.

A Strange Aeon
Mar 26, 2010

You are now a slimy little toad
The Great Twist
From Culture Corner, a collection of a Basil Wolverton strip:

TwoPair
Mar 28, 2010

Pandamn It Feels Good To Be A Gangsta
Grimey Drawer
Axis Revolution #1 Red Skull is bathing the world in psychic waves of hatred. It's up to Dr. Strange to save the day. If he can stop being so pissed off first.

So his first candidate for someone without hate is a kind scientist... who flips his poo poo when Strange says that magic (not science) will save the day. (But I left that out because it wasn't as funny)

FoneBone
Oct 24, 2004
stupid, stupid rat creatures

Rhyno posted:

Different licensors, and Disney's been very reticent about crossing over Disney and Marvel characters as is.

Dacap
Jul 8, 2008

I've been involved in a number of cults, both as a leader and a follower.

You have more fun as a follower. But you make more money as a leader.

Rhyno posted:

But there's no Dr. McCoy joke to make in Star Wars, so what's the point?

Son Conan
Sep 25, 2007

TwoPair posted:

Axis Revolution #1 Red Skull is bathing the world in psychic waves of hatred. It's up to Dr. Strange to save the day. If he can stop being so pissed off first.

So his first candidate for someone without hate is a kind scientist... who flips his poo poo when Strange says that magic (not science) will save the day. (But I left that out because it wasn't as funny)

Is there a reason why he's not using Wong? The guy seems to be keeping it together pretty well.

Nahxela
Oct 11, 2008

Execution

TwoPair posted:

ELABORATE CLOAKS ARE JUST A THEORY.

Good panels.

Ensign_Ricky
Jan 4, 2008

Daddy Warlord
of the
Children of the Corn

or something...

Dacap posted:

But there's no Dr. McCoy joke to make in Star Wars, so what's the point?

Luke Cage, Luke Skywalker.

MONEY PLEASE!

Kramjacks
Jul 5, 2007

Son Conan posted:

Is there a reason why he's not using Wong? The guy seems to be keeping it together pretty well.

Wong is using the Serenity Now method.

Dolash
Oct 23, 2008

aNYWAY,
tHAT'S REALLY ALL THERE IS,
tO REPORT ON THE SUBJECT,
oF ME GETTING HURT,

That's my secret, Doc. I'm always angry.

SilverSupernova
Feb 1, 2013

TwoPair posted:

Throughout that whole post I kept giggling like an idiot at the "Stink eye of Agomotto" line

Dr. Hurt
Oct 23, 2010

Strange didn't want anyone telling him he sent the Wong man for the job.

TwoPair
Mar 28, 2010

Grimey Drawer

Son Conan posted:

That's the conclusion Strange comes to at the end as well.

Saoshyant
Oct 26, 2010

:hmmorks: :orks:

SIXIS or whatever it's called has entirely validated itself. Don't even care if none of it makes any sense and is just Onslaught v2.

PJOmega
May 5, 2009
Unfortunately or fortunately I cannot read Doctor Strange in anything but Doctor Orpheus' voice.

404GoonNotFound
Aug 6, 2006

The McRib is back!?!?

PJOmega posted:

Unfortunately or fortunately I cannot read Doctor Strange in anything but Doctor Orpheus' voice.

And Wong as a world-weary young George Takei.

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

404GoonNotFound posted:

And Wong as a world-weary young George Takei.

poo poo, so I'm not the only one doing that.

MorningMoon
Dec 29, 2013

He's been tapping into Aunt May's bank account!
Didn't I kill him with a HELICOPTER?

TwoPair posted:

That's the conclusion Strange comes to at the end as well.

Oh Wong, you fiend :allears:

Ghostlight
Sep 25, 2009

maybe for one second you can pause; try to step into another person's perspective, and understand that a watermelon is cursing me

PJOmega posted:

That is the only correct way, apart from pre-Venture Brothers where it was Vincent Price.

Name Change
Oct 9, 2005

Ghostlight posted:

That is the only correct way, apart from pre-Venture Brothers where it was Vincent Price.

Yeah they seem to leaning directly into Dr. Orpheus and the humor works in the exact same way. Somehow the recent Dr. Strange animated movie still managed to be boring as hell.

Section Z
Oct 1, 2008

Wait, this is the Moon.
How did I even get here?

Pillbug

Ghostlight posted:

So, what is Doctor Strange's relation to Vincent Van Ghoul?

mind the walrus
Sep 22, 2006

All this good stuff about Dr. Strange makes me very sad that the front-runner for the MCU version (as of writing to my knowledge) is still Bendytoots :smith:

Synthbuttrange
May 6, 2007

Saoshyant posted:

SIXIS or whatever it's called has entirely validated itself. Don't even care if none of it makes any sense and is just Onslaught v2.

Yeah the side events are much more entertaining than the main event, which has just managed to be a gigantic waste of time, paper and money so far.

Lars Blitzer
Aug 17, 2004

He drinks a Whiskey drink, he drinks a Vodka drink
He drinks a Lager drink, he drinks a Cider drink...

Dick Tracy's number one fan.

TwoPair posted:

Is Warren Ellis ghost-writing this? I'm reading some flashes of Spider Jerusalem in there when he's got a good rant on.

Synthbuttrange
May 6, 2007

Where the hell do you even find a robed asian manservant these days anyway?

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

I believe in a universe that doesn't care, and people that do.

SynthOrange posted:

Yeah the side events are much more entertaining than the main event, which has just managed to be a gigantic waste of time, paper and money so far.

It's really becoming the norm for events, isn't it?

prefect
Sep 11, 2001

No one, Woodhouse.
No one.

Dead Man’s Band

Lars Blitzer posted:

Is Warren Ellis ghost-writing this? I'm reading some flashes of Spider Jerusalem in there when he's got a good rant on.

There's also a strong Doctor Nemesis element. (Not that that's so different a thing.)

PJOmega
May 5, 2009

Lars Blitzer posted:

It's definitely channeling the Ellis stream of piss-thought gonzo hatred.

Ghostlight
Sep 25, 2009

maybe for one second you can pause; try to step into another person's perspective, and understand that a watermelon is cursing me

Section Z posted:

So, what is Doctor Strange's relation to Vincent Van Ghoul?
Same same. Captain America is Fred.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

FoneBone posted:

Different licensors, and Disney's been very reticent about crossing over Disney and Marvel characters as is.

But now everything is under one roof. And everything is getting tossed into the sandbox with the Infinity video games.

Ensign_Ricky
Jan 4, 2008

Daddy Warlord
of the
Children of the Corn

or something...

mind the walrus posted:

All this good stuff about Dr. Strange makes me very sad that the front-runner for the MCU version (as of writing to my knowledge) is still Bendytoots :smith:

Dude, if he gets to be as hammy as he wants in the role, it could be amazing.

mind the walrus
Sep 22, 2006

Ensign_Ricky posted:

Dude, if he gets to be as hammy as he wants in the role, it could be amazing.

I should clarify; it's not that I think Bendytoots would be bad in the role, I'd just personally rather see someone who isn't so unfalteringly British in the role. To me Dr. Strange would be better with more of a Latin flavor.

Ghostlight
Sep 25, 2009

I mostly dislike Slumberbatch because of his age. Dr Strange's entire origin is that he has a well-established but ultimately hollow work-oriented life that is torn away from him and he loses his entire sense of person because he has nothing else in life. It's not quite as big a deal changing careers or not having established a family in your late 30s as it is in your late 50s/60s. On top of that, his greying sides are iconic parts of his image and all I can imagine is 90s Reed Richards.

Which is fine if you're going full camp, actually.

Taerkar
Dec 7, 2002

kind of into it, really

OneThousandMonkeys posted:

Yeah they seem to leaning directly into Dr. Orpheus and the humor works in the exact same way. Somehow the recent Dr. Strange animated movie still managed to be boring as hell.

There is no other way to read that "The Google" line.

Say Nothing
Mar 5, 2013

by FactsAreUseless
Justice League dark #20.
Super-speed is useful for fetching people.

BIG HEADLINE
Jun 13, 2006

"Stand back, Ottawan ruffian, or face my lumens!"

Taerkar posted:

There is no other way to read that "The Google" line.

Only way it would've been better is if the Stinkeye of Agomotto had had room to 'say' something so you could've read it in H. Jon Benjamin's "The Master" voice.

The MSJ
May 17, 2010

Ghostlight posted:

I mostly dislike Slumberbatch because of his age. Dr Strange's entire origin is that he has a well-established but ultimately hollow work-oriented life that is torn away from him and he loses his entire sense of person because he has nothing else in life. It's not quite as big a deal changing careers or not having established a family in your late 30s as it is in your late 50s/60s. On top of that, his greying sides are iconic parts of his image and all I can imagine is 90s Reed Richards.

Which is fine if you're going full camp, actually.

Then you are probably not going to like anyone they cast as Strange. Marvel doesn't want someone too old to be the star of their movies. The most senior actor rumored for the role that I know of is Keanu Reeves who is 50.

Ensign_Ricky
Jan 4, 2008

Daddy Warlord
of the
Children of the Corn

or something...

The MSJ posted:

Then you are probably not going to like anyone they cast as Strange. Marvel doesn't want someone too old to be the star of their movies. The most senior actor rumored for the role that I know of is Keanu Reeves who is 50.

Which is when you sit down and realize "Holy poo poo Keanu is 50?!"

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

TwoPair
Mar 28, 2010

Grimey Drawer

Ensign_Ricky posted:

Which is when you sit down and realize "Holy poo poo Keanu is 50?!"

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WFNEgdwjEhs

TwoPair fucked around with this message at 01:21 on Nov 10, 2014

• Locked thread