Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
nine-gear crow
Aug 10, 2013
The question of course being how many levels do they need to go up till they hit Literally Satan? And when they get there does HE has a "no, gently caress YOU dad!" master plan like everyone else does, only with God?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Gonz
Dec 22, 2009

"Jesus, did I say that? Or just think it? Was I talking? Did they hear me?"

nine-gear crow posted:

The question of course being how many levels do they need to go up till they hit Literally Satan? And when they get there does HE has a "no, gently caress YOU dad!" master plan like everyone else does, only with God?

Satan, played by 1960's Michael Caine.

Azhais
Feb 5, 2007
Switchblade Switcharoo

Gonz posted:

Gonz
Dec 22, 2009

"Jesus, did I say that? Or just think it? Was I talking? Did they hear me?"

Touché, salesman. Touché.

Tupperwarez
Apr 4, 2004

"phphphphphphpht"? this is what you're going with?

you sure?

mr.capps posted:

I just really want Hell's chain of command to all hate each other for being bad at their job and grow even larger.
This is Sleepy Hollow, not The Venture Brothers.

Gonz posted:

Satan is clearly Bricktop. No special effects, no voice filtering, no demonic pseudo-Greek, just Bricktop. Giving Moloch the death-eyes while insulting all his plans and enumerating precisely what a complete cock-up of a demon general he is.

I will also accept Peter Stormare's sleazy rear end in a top hat version from Constantine.

Argue
Sep 29, 2005

I represent the Philippines
Starting next week we had better regularly see Katrina and Ichabod tag-teaming the obligatory commentary on modern culture.

Radio!
Mar 15, 2008

Look at that post.

nine-gear crow posted:

I'm lazy, someone look up where Satan falls in that list about the Horrid King from Paradise Lost.

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

nine-gear crow posted:

I think Abe's getting hosed over something fierce, because Orci and Kurtzman suck at handling gray characters.

I seriously doubt those two have anything to do with the show other than the absolute broadest terms seeing as they're both running around separately working on their movie careers. Orci is directing Star Trek 3 and I believe Kurtzman is over at Universal doing their monster shared universe stuff.

bobkatt013
Oct 8, 2006

You’re telling me Peter Parker is ...... Spider-man!?

nine-gear crow posted:

I think Abe's getting hosed over something fierce, because Orci and Kurtzman suck at handling gray characters.

They handled all the alternate versions on Fringe. Waltarnate was completely horrible, but also sympathetic. I can also see Headless sort of going against Henry, since his prize was going to be killed. I wonder if he was try to ally with Abbie and Ichabod and how they deal with that.

Humbug Scoolbus
Apr 25, 2008

The scarlet letter was her passport into regions where other women dared not tread. Shame, Despair, Solitude! These had been her teachers, stern and wild ones, and they had made her strong, but taught her much amiss.
Clapping Larry

he will always be the Prince of Darkness to me.

johntfs
Jun 7, 2013

by Cowcaster
Soiled Meat
Even when Ray Wise isn't the Devil, he's the devil.

johntfs
Jun 7, 2013

by Cowcaster
Soiled Meat

Gonz posted:

That's effectively Horns.

bobkatt013
Oct 8, 2006

johntfs posted:

Even when Ray Wise isn't the Devil, he's the devil.

He can also be a loving father to his daughter who loves to dance!

Random Stranger
Nov 27, 2009

The MSJ posted:

I also expect next week to have Ichabod mention that Ben Franklin totally seduced a succubus once, because that is just how Benjamin rolls.

Once? I think you underestimate him.

Maxwell Lord
Dec 12, 2008

I am drowning.
There is no sign of land.
You are coming down with me, hand in unlovable hand.

And I hope you die.

I hope we both die.

:smith:

Grimey Drawer
I think it's inevitable this season moves a little slower because it's a bigger episode order. Full seasons are a blessing and a curse for dramas like this- it means you're successful and not about to be cancelled but it also means filler episodes.

The Lord Bude
May 23, 2007

ASK ME ABOUT MY SHITTY, BOUGIE INTERIOR DECORATING ADVICE

Maxwell Lord posted:

I think it's inevitable this season moves a little slower because it's a bigger episode order. Full seasons are a blessing and a curse for dramas like this- it means you're successful and not about to be cancelled but it also means filler episodes.

This. I'm begging to prefer the fewer, but higher quality/higher budget episode model that cable channels and the British do.

Fox should just give sleepy hollow 13 episode seasons and create a second show for the second half of the season.

Arkeus
Jul 21, 2013

The Lord Bude posted:

This. I'm begging to prefer the fewer, but higher quality/higher budget episode model that cable channels and the British do.

Fox should just give sleepy hollow 13 episode seasons and create a second show for the second half of the season.

You are amusing, as the ocmplaints are that /there are less filler episodes/.

Like the complaints that Abbigail has less plot importance...when she actually has more.

I mean, in the first six episodes:
*In the first episode, 'Abbigail's rescue', she does as much to rescue herself as Ichabod does to rescue her.
*In the third episode, with the coin, it explores Abbi and Jenny's mom, her past acquaintances, and it ends with Abbi and his sister doing the climax while a superfluous Ichabod looks on.
In the fourth episode with the Pied Piper, we have once again Abbi reconnecting with someone who helped her, make a plan in order to help her back, Ichabod failing because of his arrogance, and Abbi rescuing him.
*In the sixth episode, we have once once again Abbi reconnecting with a part of her foster father's past, try to save his life, have Ichabod declare him dead, and her just showing Ichabod he was too hasty.

All of those are not 'filler episodes', as they all tie directly to the backstory and directly advance the plot of the Ichabod/Henry/Katrina situation.

Now, if there is an issue, it's that Abbi herself is not truly part of the Henry/Katrina plot, and she is there more as someone who must makes sure Ichabod doesn't fall. However, we can already see the pieces falling into places for the next part of the plot which will be about Abbi's mom, and where in that part it will be Ichabod who doesn't have a "direct" contact and will need to support her.

So, no- the problems aren't the filler. In fact, the problems might be the /lack/ of filler, as it's plot-heavy every episodes and there is barely room for breathing.

Lycus
Aug 5, 2008

Half the posters in this forum have been made up. This website is a goddamn ghost town.
I don't know about the complaints regarding Abbie's plot importance, but I find myself agreeing with complaints regarding Jenny and Irving. Jenny's frequent absence is kinda buggin' me, it's like she's spending every minute of the day in community service. Meanwhile, Hawley's in drat near every episode, even when he doesn't do anything. I'm used to this show's subplots moving much faster than Irving's, it's staring to feel relatively glacial.

wormil
Sep 12, 2002

Hulk will smoke you!
I need more Franklinstein and headless Headless Horseman (preferably strapped with machine guns). This season is starting to bore me.

Croisquessein
Feb 25, 2005

invisible or nonexistent, and should be treated as such

wormil posted:

I need more Franklinstein and headless Headless Horseman (preferably strapped with machine guns). This season is starting to bore me.

I wonder if there's a breaking point for Abraham, I mean he kinda has to do what Moloch says because it's Moloch's power that animates him, but he agreed on the promise of gaining Katrina and revenge on Crane. Now that it seems that Moloch intended to kill Katrina all along and Henry can put Abraham down with a wave of his hand, is he going to go rogue like Zombie Cho (come back, Zombie Cho!) or just submit to his role and hope he at least gets to kill Crane eventually? Does he have any power of his own? And will Moloch swap him out for another Death because of his disobedience?

Radio!
Mar 15, 2008

Look at that post.

That reminds me- when they do introduce a new horseman, I really hope it's not another person from 250 years ago who conveniently knew/is connected to Ichabod. Seems weird that Moloch would only pick Revolutionary dudes when he could choose like anyone.

Snooze Cruise
Feb 16, 2013

hey look,
a post
Zombie Cho might end up coming back now Selfie was canceled.

Croisquessein
Feb 25, 2005

invisible or nonexistent, and should be treated as such

Radio! posted:

That reminds me- when they do introduce a new horseman, I really hope it's not another person from 250 years ago who conveniently knew/is connected to Ichabod. Seems weird that Moloch would only pick Revolutionary dudes when he could choose like anyone.

mr.capps posted:

Zombie Cho might end up coming back now Selfie was canceled.

I vote for Zombie Cho as Conquest.

hangedman1984
Jul 25, 2012

Croisquessein posted:

They already mentioned Pestilence as a horseman, and since in literature Pestilence was a replacement for Conquest I'm guessing they aren't including Conquest (using Pestilence, Famine, War, and Death instead of the biblical Conquest, Famine, War, and Death)

ShakeZula
Jun 17, 2003

Nobody move and nobody gets hurt.

Radio! posted:

It makes a little more sense when you consider that Moloch got his plan rolling in earnest 250 years ago, things just got put on pause when Death went off-script and disappeared. And the connection to Ichabod can be justified by his predestined role as a witness, as well as his proximity to Sleepy Hollow (a nexus of supernatural power).

bobkatt013
Oct 8, 2006

ShakeZula posted:

It makes a little more sense when you consider that Moloch got his plan rolling in earnest 250 years ago, things just got put on pause when Death went off-script and disappeared. And the connection to Ichabod can be justified by his predestined role as a witness, as well as his proximity to Sleepy Hollow (a nexus of supernatural power).

Two will have a connection with witness 1 and the other two with witness 2. Irving and Jenny are the others.

Compendium
Jun 18, 2013

M-E-J-E-D
http://foxsleepyhollow.tumblr.com/post/102252922579/what-a-guy

Orlando Jones. What a guy.

wormil
Sep 12, 2002

Hulk will smoke you!
I wish War would do something befitting his title rather than poisonings and cons. Start a riot, cause some strife, turn New York against Connecticut, at least get into an argument with someone.

johntfs
Jun 7, 2013

by Cowcaster
Soiled Meat

Croisquessein posted:

I second that and vote for Karen Gillan as Famine.

bobkatt013
Oct 8, 2006

wormil posted:

I wish War would do something befitting his title rather than poisonings and cons. Start a riot, cause some strife, turn New York against Connecticut, at least get into an argument with someone.

He would if he wasn't just a kid with a huge amount of mommy and daddy issues.

jscolon2.0
Jul 9, 2001

With great payroll, comes great disappointment.

wormil posted:

Judas Coins

nine-gear crow
Aug 10, 2013
Last week's episode was set on Election Day, so I'm betting Henry did his part to foster madness and chaos by voting a straight Republican ballot before stopping by Terrytown Psych. :v:

Robot Hobo
May 18, 2002

robothobo.com

wormil posted:

It feels like the horsemen are all mixed up so far.

Jeremy Crane is supposed to be War, but so far his plots have involved poisoning people's bodies, corrupting their souls, cursing them with horrible afflictions, and infecting their minds. He says he's the horseman of War, but his schemes mostly feel like they fit a Pestilence theme a lot better. Also, that slot on the horsemen roster is sometimes called Pestilence and sometimes called Conquest, and the Conquest title just seems to fit Jeremy's apparent role as the Earthly ringleader of Moloch's whole "Lets take over the world" operation.

The Headless Horseman is supposed to be Death, but he's a soldier brought into Moloch's service on the battlefield, still wearing a soldier's uniform and using mortal weapons of man-on-man combat. Aside from his weapons sometimes getting a bit more demonic kick (like red-hot axe edges) all of his fighting is very straightforward. He's also the only one who really just goes straight into battle, guns blazing and axe swinging. That seems like a pretty perfect anthropomorphic personification of war.

Famine hasn't shown up yet, as far as we know. The actual Horseman of Pestilence got one episode, but due to weird time-travel that would have been long before the other events of Sleepy Hollow, so what happened with Pestilence since then is anyone's guess.

Robot Hobo fucked around with this message at 23:33 on Nov 10, 2014

wormil
Sep 12, 2002

Hulk will smoke you!
Thanks, that was far more articulate than my quickie phone post but essentially is what I was thinking.

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

Haha, they're watching knockoff Bachelor.

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna!!!

Holy gently caress Katrina likes The Bachelor.

This is amazing.

Maxwell Lord
Dec 12, 2008

I am drowning.
There is no sign of land.
You are coming down with me, hand in unlovable hand.

And I hope you die.

I hope we both die.

:smith:

Grimey Drawer
Television of reality

Zero One
Dec 30, 2004

HAIL TO THE VICTORS!
Ok, that's freaking creepy.

Kwyndig
Sep 23, 2006

Heeeeeey

Oh great, another plan to bring Moloch into the mortal realm. This time with more 'macking'.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

Moloch apparently manifests through pure boner energy.

• Locked thread