Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
HiKaizer
Feb 2, 2012

Yes!
I finally understand everything there is to know about axes!

AradoBalanga posted:

It might just be the artwork on that page, but Allan is starting to transform into Bullet from SRW a little.

That would make Tatsuya into Kusuha which is...well, a thing.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

BlitzBlast
Jul 30, 2011

some people just wanna watch the world burn
If there's one thing I'm kind of sad about Try, oddly enough it's that it's not as shamelessly merchandise driven. I mean at this point in S1 Sei gushed about the Brand New HGAC Wing Gundam (in stores now!), Reiji blew up a HGUC Gerbera Tetra, and Fellini tried to get a date with a HGUC Victory. Meanwhile in Try, the only thing we've gotten is a HGAW Airmaster in a flashback.

I guess part of the problem is that there actually aren't any non-BF/G-Reco HGs coming out until Crossbone X1, but I was hoping they'd pick off where the last series left off and throw in Turn A or Wing Zero. Maybe even ZII.

W.T. Fits
Apr 21, 2010

Ready to Poyozo Dance all over your face.

BlitzBlast posted:

If there's one thing I'm kind of sad about Try, oddly enough it's that it's not as shamelessly merchandise driven. I mean at this point in S1 Sei gushed about the Brand New HGAC Wing Gundam (in stores now!), Reiji blew up a HGUC Gerbera Tetra, and Fellini tried to get a date with a HGUC Victory. Meanwhile in Try, the only thing we've gotten is a HGAW Airmaster in a flashback.

I guess part of the problem is that there actually aren't any non-BF/G-Reco HGs coming out until Crossbone X1, but I was hoping they'd pick off where the last series left off and throw in Turn A or Wing Zero. Maybe even ZII.

Hell, at the very least you'd think we'd have seen an HG Grimoire or a G-Self or something else from G-Reco.

Ethiser
Dec 31, 2011

I thought I read somewhere that they just got the okay to use G-Reco around the time the show was starting so stuff from it probably won't show up till later.

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

I will say that I kind of miss Sei's shameless Gundam fanboying. Nobody on the team really seems to like Gundam-the-franchise very much. Fumina seems the cloest but her interets seems more Gunpla-related.

chumbler
Mar 28, 2010

Ethiser posted:

I thought I read somewhere that they just got the okay to use G-Reco around the time the show was starting so stuff from it probably won't show up till later.

I assume the G-Reco will be used in a cameo by an older Greco Logan. But then that would mean he wouldn't be using a custom Tallgeese, and I am conflicted.

Pureauthor
Jul 8, 2010

ASK ME ABOUT KISSING A GHOST
I doubt any G-Reco suits will do anything more than be displayed in a case. That or flying around and generically shooting a beam rifle, because I don't think they know much about what the suit's unique capabilities are supposed to be.

John Carstairs
Nov 18, 2007
Space Detective
Well, to quote myself from the Gunpla thread:

John Carstairs posted:

Here's one that's decidedly less turtle-like:

Haunting your nightmares.

Irisize
Sep 30, 2014

ImpAtom posted:

I will say that I kind of miss Sei's shameless Gundam fanboying. Nobody on the team really seems to like Gundam-the-franchise very much. Fumina seems the cloest but her interets seems more Gunpla-related.

I haven't been feeling as much love for Gundam as a whole from Try that I really did from the original. Maybe it's just me.

Ka0
Sep 16, 2002

:siren: :siren: :siren:
AS A PROUD GAMERGATER THE ONLY THING I HATE MORE THAN WOMEN ARE GAYS AND TRANS PEOPLE
:siren: :siren: :siren:
If the show were heavier on the gunpla ad aspect, we would be hearing the opposite complaints I reckon.

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

Irisize posted:

I haven't been feeling as much love for Gundam as a whole from Try that I really did from the original. Maybe it's just me.

I really don't think you're wrong, at least so far. There hasn't really been as much in the way of "man, Gundam is cool!" stuff. The Gunpla fighting in general feels more... generic, I guess? Like you could replace the current team with Danball Senkei characters and I don't think much of the episode writing would change.

I think the SD Gundam episode stood out because it was the one that felt most like the original show. I think the writers are kind of uncomfortable with the new format but hopefully they'll get back into the groove of things.

Ka0 posted:

If the show were heavier on the gunpla ad aspect, we would be hearing the opposite complaints I reckon.

Eh. The Gunpla ad stuff was silly but in a fun way in the original show. Without it, there isn't really a lot separating BFT from the other similar shows on the market.

Ethiser
Dec 31, 2011

Honestly Sekai's whole back story basically being one big G Gundam reference is all the Gundam love the show needs to keep me entertained.

Warmachine
Jan 30, 2012

Ethiser posted:

Honestly Sekai's whole back story basically being one big G Gundam reference is all the Gundam love the show needs to keep me entertained.

I'm on board at least until we meet Sekai's master, Not-Domon. Not that I'm in any danger of quitting, I'm enjoying both this and G-reco.

Condiv
May 7, 2008

Sorry to undo the effort of paying a domestic abuser $10 to own this poster, but I am going to lose my dang mind if I keep seeing multiple posters who appear to be Baloogan.

With love,
a mod

John Carstairs posted:

Well, to quote myself from the Gunpla thread:

Haunting your nightmares.

i just finished the ridiculous clown episode of g gundam. i'd forgotten that chibodee's mom was killed by machine gun toting psycho clowns.

Diabetes Forecast
Aug 13, 2008

Droopy Only

Cao Ni Ma posted:

Also next fight is going to own bones. Apparently the team is made up science department members all with a particular focus. The leader is versed in maritime training, the builder knows electrical engineering and outfitted the other suits with things like electromagnetic claws and active camouflages and the other guy is an expert in information tech and his robot is all about gathering info with sensors and radars and poo poo. Apparently their motto is to dispose of the enemy as efficiently as possible with flawless teamwork.

is it the Dragonar Team, cuz that really sounds like it and I hope it is.

Pureauthor
Jul 8, 2010

Colon Semicolon posted:

is it the Dragonar Team, cuz that really sounds like it and I hope it is.

The Ez-8 team, yes.

Of course they're going to all get punched to death

Kanos
Sep 6, 2006

was there a time when speedwagon didn't get trolled

Pureauthor posted:

The Ez-8 team, yes.

Come on, now. It's like you have no pattern recognition skills.

One will get sniped, one will get opened up by Sekai or Yuuma and then shot to death by Fumina while he's distracted, and one will get punched to death with an elaborate martial arts maneuver.

BlitzBlast
Jul 30, 2011

Hey now, he might get kicked to death.

Gerty
Jun 11, 2013

by XyloJW

MJP
Jun 17, 2007

Are you looking at me Senpai?

Grimey Drawer
This guy seems to be in every ADTRW thread I follow. Apologies if I brought the pox somehow ;_;

TARDISman
Oct 28, 2011

MJP posted:

This guy seems to be in every ADTRW thread I follow. Apologies if I brought the pox somehow ;_;

Nah, he was just posting spoilers to the next episode where Yuuma distracts the other team by hacking their comms and displaying goatse in all their cockpits.

Pureauthor
Jul 8, 2010

What I'd like to see happen is that in the upcoming episode Sekai gets the BB Gundam damaged by charging ahead or acting reckless. They still pull off a win, but with a damaged machine that Sekai can't really fix.

Then the episode after featuring Simon and snapbuild-Destiny also involves Sekai and the audience learning more about the building aspects of the hobby.

BlitzBlast
Jul 30, 2011

They've been pretty obviously taming down the battles so that the Build Burning doesn't get severely injured presumably so they could hit the usual "now the team is ready" scene safely. Now that they've made it, and that there's a big fight coming, I honestly wouldn't be surprised if the Build Burning finally gets wrecked.

MJP
Jun 17, 2007

Are you looking at me Senpai?

Grimey Drawer

TARDISman posted:

Nah, he was just posting spoilers to the next episode where Yuuma distracts the other team by hacking their comms and displaying goatse in all their cockpits.

"RISE, GOONY GUNDAM!"

Warmachine
Jan 30, 2012

Pureauthor posted:

What I'd like to see happen is that in the upcoming episode Sekai gets the BB Gundam damaged by charging ahead or acting reckless. They still pull off a win, but with a damaged machine that Sekai can't really fix.

Then the episode after featuring Simon and snapbuild-Destiny also involves Sekai and the audience learning more about the building aspects of the hobby.

I'm pretty sure this is drat near guaranteed, at least before the World Tournament starts. The question is how do they solve it: Make Sekai learn how to build, or have Yuuma become the team mechanic? I kinda feel like there's a corner paint going on, because Sekai has a super prototype that literally one person in the world could ever hope to match, and Sei Iori is traveling the world doing world traveler things. Ok, Mao could probably do a good job.

What I'm saying is I have no idea how they could repair the BBG in a way that doesn't shatter suspension of disbelief, or not involve bringing Mao or Sei back. Except for Chief Mechanic Yuuma. And that, at this point, would be pretty jarring.

TARDISman
Oct 28, 2011

I just noticed that the main Ez8 in the Dragonar squad also has a little bit of Layzner in it with the electric knuckles.

ZenMasterBullshit
Nov 2, 2011

Restaurant de Nouvelles "À Table" Proudly Presents:
A Climactic Encounter Ending on 1 Negate and a Dream

Pureauthor posted:

The Ez-8 team, yes.

BlitzBlast posted:

Hey now, he might get kicked to death.

Thank god. I was worried they might do something incredibly boring and lame like eery other gundam show and shoot them to death, or cut them with those lame beam swords that Tomino stole from Star Wars.

chumbler
Mar 28, 2010

If Fumina doesn't buzzsaw someone with her shield I will be very disappointed.

Make the Winning a horrifying monster beyond even tears-of-blood Destiny or that kitbash that terrified Yuuma, Build Fighters. You know you want to.

Monaghan
Dec 29, 2006

ZenMasterBullshit posted:

Thank god. I was worried they might do something incredibly boring and lame like eery other gundam show and shoot them to death, or cut them with those lame beam swords that Tomino stole from Star Wars.

Sekai cheats and just fires a sekiha tenyoken at the opposing players.

W.T. Fits
Apr 21, 2010

Ready to Poyozo Dance all over your face.

ZenMasterBullshit posted:

Or philosophize them to death.

Enemy team: *long, meandering speech about the futility and pointlessness of existence*

Sekai and/or Fumina: "BUT EVEN SO!"

*enemy team's Gunpla crumble to nothingness for no discernible reason*

Yuuma: "... Seriously?"

Diabetes Forecast
Aug 13, 2008

Droopy Only
honestly, isn't the Dragonar team supposed to be the first serious challenger they gotta face? they might actually put effort into this fight. they've been hinting at it for 2-3 episodes now for christ's sake.

Cao Ni Ma
May 25, 2010

Winning gundam confirmed to own bones.

It can keep the gundam knuckle, launcher, and still fight as a core fighter while both modes are on providing support to the other suites

John Carstairs
Nov 18, 2007
Space Detective
Not Winning Gundam related, but I believe the most important thing to take away from this episode is that Psycho-Mocks are a thing.

And, hey, more Gyanko.

Cao Ni Ma
May 25, 2010

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WxBV65pAzts

Here it is!

Bloody Pom
Jun 5, 2011

A good episode. Fumina is getting the recognition she deserves, and Gyanko is further cementing herself as the best character.

Kanos
Sep 6, 2006

was there a time when speedwagon didn't get trolled
Holy gently caress, angry SD eyes core fighter Winning cold mowing that dude down chicago typewriter style had me loving busting up laughing my rear end off.

The Missing Link
Aug 13, 2008

Should do fine against cats.
A Memedorza appearance!

The Winning is a Cool and Good Gunpla and Fumina rules for building it.

Straight-Build Shimon looks like a neat guy.

Cao Ni Ma
May 25, 2010

Sakai is also showing off some more depth to him. He's tsundere and just wants people to make cool robots because it would be boring if he easily won design contest. He was totally stoked to see the winning gundam separate and function as parts for the other suits. He's also a stand in for directorial intent, correcting the G-Master leader (which he himself is sort of the regular viewer).

Also nice informative video Fumina, now we know how we'll eventually get one on one fights :v:

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"

Kanos posted:

Holy gently caress, angry SD eyes core fighter Winning cold mowing that dude down chicago typewriter style had me loving busting up laughing my rear end off.

Yeah, that was pretty boss. Though now I'm going to be very disappointed if the mid-season upgrade for them isn't an evolution into a complete combining robot. Also, you all know drat-well there's going to be at least one fight with them beating their opponent to standstill at the fifteen minute mark.

Also SHIELD! SHIELD! SHIELD! :allears:.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

John Carstairs
Nov 18, 2007
Space Detective

Kanos posted:

I think I laughed just as hard at Team Vase's goddamn jazz hands.

• Locked thread