Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Luigi Thirty
Apr 30, 2006

Emergency confection port.

i should pick up art of war even if i don't play eu4 as much since i played hundreds and hundreds of hours of eu3 years ago

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Knuc U Kinte
Aug 17, 2004

Luigi Thirty posted:

i should pick up art of war even if i don't play eu4 as much since i played hundreds and hundreds of hours of eu3 years ago

It's probably the best paradox expansion of all time.

DICKHEAD
Jul 29, 2003

I swear the only time Europe ends up interesting is when I'm not there.

DICKHEAD
Jul 29, 2003

The King of Poland, in addition to encircling Bohemia, is also the King of Brandenburg and Lithuania.

Knuc U Kinte
Aug 17, 2004

DICKHEAD posted:

I swear the only time Europe ends up interesting is when I'm not there.

Lol, awesome.

Knuc U Kinte
Aug 17, 2004

Did you turn lucky nations off?

DICKHEAD
Jul 29, 2003

Knuc U Kinte posted:

Did you turn lucky nations off?

It's on historical which is what's crazy.

Knuc U Kinte
Aug 17, 2004

DICKHEAD posted:

It's on historical which is what's crazy.

I think France is fairly weak now, cf Austria who got buffer.

Knuc U Kinte
Aug 17, 2004

Austria is a massive pain in the rear end now because they will defend HRE territory to the death, and always have a france-esque giant army with their new morale bonus. I used them to beat the poo poo out of Ottomans in my byz game.

DICKHEAD
Jul 29, 2003

Knuc U Kinte posted:

I think France is fairly weak now, cf Austria who got buffer.

Spain and Austria both got (needed) morale buffs that let them compete with France is the main thing so they can totally overwhelm them in the early game. Right before the first partition of France, Spain was occupying about half of the country.

Also Burgundy is strong as gently caress (at least in my GB game) so they might have been softened a bit by whatever war the King of Burgundy died in. Couldn't see the map at the time of the succession though.

DICKHEAD
Jul 29, 2003

Ottomans feel weaker somehow.

DICKHEAD
Jul 29, 2003

Oh can't you form Arabia and maybe Egypt now? I should try that. I also wanna do the thing where you become Jerusalem if you take it as Cyprus / the Knights.

demons.
Apr 20, 2012

bump

DICKHEAD
Jul 29, 2003

cool

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

Sweet God. I'll have to finally get into Hoi.

Average Bear
Apr 4, 2010
Best part of the eu4 expansion is that conquering aleppo as byz still renames it to antioch, matching the antioch next door.

Stairmaster
Jun 8, 2012

im so hype for hoi4 you dont even know

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

DICKHEAD
Jul 29, 2003

DICKHEAD
Jul 29, 2003

I got too big and now I have no viable rivals and the power projection button disappears.

DICKHEAD
Jul 29, 2003

Oh cool. When the Evangelical Union wins the religious war keeps going? Does it keep going until the end date of the religious war mechanic (whatever that is?) or until they win their own war? Or until Westphalia?

Larry Parrish
Jul 9, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
In my game the Leagues formed and then because only the Republics and Theocracies were Protestant nothing ever happened.

DICKHEAD
Jul 29, 2003

Larry Parrish posted:

In my game the Leagues formed and then because only the Republics and Theocracies were Protestant nothing ever happened.

apparently the HRE will dismantle if there are no viable imperial candidates so that would be a good opportunity for a wily outsider to join the protestant league.

Knuc U Kinte
Aug 17, 2004

Every time I do an England game freaking Henry 6 lives to a ripe old age. I bet he dies at 79 so I miss the chievo for having an old lovely ruler.

Larry Parrish
Jul 9, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
My first OPM -> Netherlands game, I had an epic ruler and I re-elected him three times and he ended up with 7/7/7. I only found out when AoW came out that if I had been playing Ironman I'd have gotten a sweet cheevo for that.

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

Knuc U Kinte posted:

Every time I do an England game freaking Henry 6 lives to a ripe old age. I bet he dies at 79 so I miss the chievo for having an old lovely ruler.

This is my life as a Crimean Nomad Khan except I also have to go to war once a year or 1000 rebels come out.

DICKHEAD
Jul 29, 2003

i dunno what to do with mughals once i take india... i guess i could try to outdo Genghis Khan? I guess that wouldn't be too hard. As a bonus my ruling dynasty became Borjigin after I was left with an underage Timurid

Knuc U Kinte
Aug 17, 2004

Man French manpower so insane. I'm pummeling their asses with Castile, Austria, Aragon and Portugal at my side, sieged half their poo poo, kill armies as they appear and they still have 30k manpower, which is almost as much as they started with. Not that it matters, but lol trying to beat them down alone.

Knuc U Kinte
Aug 17, 2004

This is supposed to be a war to vassalise Scotland, but I'm gonna gently caress them up/.

Fister Roboto
Feb 21, 2008

I like that Venice is still an enormous island.

Knuc U Kinte
Aug 17, 2004

Fister Roboto posted:

I like that Venice is still an enormous island.

Hurrr. durrr hurrr durhur.

Knuc U Kinte
Aug 17, 2004

I went to France and the ground wasn't actually blue .What gives? :iamafag:

Larry Parrish
Jul 9, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
I will probably buy HoI4 even though I can see myself hating the combat style. Then again I get into trouble trying to play my Napoleonic wars with modern sweeping fronts so I am an idiot.

Knuc U Kinte
Aug 17, 2004

English Channel Trade node makes surrendering in the HYW a no go. Gotta dominate the best trade node in the game.

Knuc U Kinte
Aug 17, 2004

I've done the PU France thing and it's so dumb to just have France beat everyone up for you, but keeping the nice provinces and smashing everyone with epic trade is kewl.

Stairmaster
Jun 8, 2012

Larry Parrish posted:

I will probably buy HoI4 even though I can see myself hating the combat style. Then again I get into trouble trying to play my Napoleonic wars with modern sweeping fronts so I am an idiot.

they should just have an expansion that moves hoi4s timeline back to 1910 so you can use it as the final boss for your vicky 2 campaigns.

Knuc U Kinte
Aug 17, 2004

I dunno how new this is, but you can convert to protestantism w/o even having any protestant provinces. Useful if there is still that malus for converting when you have so many cardinals in the curia since it's random whether you get them now. I have like 5 and the only time I opened the curia menu was to give myself a single point of mercantilism.

Knuc U Kinte
Aug 17, 2004

I'm perfectly set to slide into the new world. Got Castiel, Portugal and Austria as allies, own most of the English channel node and burgundy never died so I can beat them up at my leisure. France has one coastal province because I came back and took my stuff. Now I'm gonna convert to protestantism for -10% idea cost and watch it all turn to poo poo.

DICKHEAD
Jul 29, 2003

Knuc U Kinte posted:

English Channel Trade node makes surrendering in the HYW a no go. Gotta dominate the best trade node in the game.

I just ate up the Netherlands and surrendered the rest of that crap except Calais (stapleport win)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DICKHEAD
Jul 29, 2003

Knuc U Kinte posted:

I'm perfectly set to slide into the new world. Got Castiel, Portugal and Austria as allies, own most of the English channel node and burgundy never died so I can beat them up at my leisure. France has one coastal province because I came back and took my stuff. Now I'm gonna convert to protestantism for -10% idea cost and watch it all turn to poo poo.

Hold out for reformed and get religious ideas. Congrats now you are bad rear end as hell and will never run out of fervor.