Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
JaddaCaddra
Oct 3, 2013

DrProsek posted:

They busted into a motel room looking for... I don't even think Sutter knows, and then they find him, two other pastors and a prostitute all having sex. The prostitute pulls a gun so she and two of the pastors are killed outright. The last one, the one that owns the church Marks wants (maybe that's why they broke in, to confront the dude selling his church to Marks?), said he wanted to show them his ID and quickly went to grab his pants so the Sons killed him before he could draw his ID on them.

Also that preacher was a pedophile or something so it's all good.

They busted in looking for some guys that killed a few members of the Grim Bastards before the season started. Alright, this is good, I think that we've filled in all the gaps we could possibly fill in. And this still doesn't really make a lot of sense. God, the writers really phoned it in here, didn't they?

Edit: Also, I think that those guys they killed in the Greensleeves episode were the ones they were really looking for. I think it turned out they were just some independent gang that hasn't been mentioned before for whatever reason.

JaddaCaddra fucked around with this message at 18:27 on Nov 7, 2014

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Grittykitty
Aug 10, 2004
Sand makes it scratchy
Soiled Meat

JaddaCaddra posted:

They busted in looking for some guys that killed a few members of the Grim Bastards before the season started. Alright, this is good, I think that we've filled in all the gaps we could possibly fill in. And this still doesn't really make a lot of sense. God, the writers really phoned it in here, didn't they?

Edit: Also, I think that those guys they killed in the Greensleeves episode were the ones they were really looking for. I think it turned out they were just some independent gang that hasn't been mentioned before for whatever reason.

Greensleeves was a device used so that Bobby would be driving the lovely car that got run off the road when Bobby is taken hostage. By having Greensleeves run over Jax's bike, Bobby has to offer up his for Jax to ride.

nooneofconsequence
Oct 30, 2012

she had tiny Italian boobs.
Well that's my story.

Greensleeves was a device used to put a terrible Katy Sagal cover over a montage.

bobkatt013
Oct 8, 2006

You’re telling me Peter Parker is ...... Spider-man!?

nooneofconsequence posted:

Greensleeves was a device used to put a terrible Katy Sagal cover over a montage.

This show is a device used to put a terrible Katy Sagal cover over a montage.

LLJKSiLk
Jul 7, 2005

by Athanatos
Everybody complaining about the Jax glasses, he has been wearing them the entire show during/after motorcycle ride scenes.

If you ever tried riding a motorcycle without eyewear you'd understand why it would be dumb not to, with wind and poo poo blowing into your eyes.

Kekekela
Oct 28, 2004

LLJKSiLk posted:

Everybody complaining about the Jax glasses, he has been wearing them the entire show during/after motorcycle ride scenes.

If you ever tried riding a motorcycle without eyewear you'd understand why it would be dumb not to, with wind and poo poo blowing into your eyes.
By everyone, you mean the one guy five pages ago that already had this explained to him?

JaddaCaddra
Oct 3, 2013

Grittykitty posted:

Greensleeves was a device used so that Bobby would be driving the lovely car that got run off the road when Bobby is taken hostage. By having Greensleeves run over Jax's bike, Bobby has to offer up his for Jax to ride.

Yeah, pretty much. Just like those dudes who killed some of the Bastards, who the Sons and Mayans killed in that ridiculous shootout scene later in the episode, were nothing but a device to get the Sons to accidentally kill that preacher dude in the first episode, so that they could end up in this contrived and twisted up plot. Somehow the worst part about all of this is that some people seem to think that it's actually clever storytelling. But I'm pretty sure a story ceases to be "clever" when nobody can tell what the hell is going on half the time, or why.

Finndo
Dec 27, 2005

Title Text goes here.
During the last scene, was anyone else reminded of when Maggie has a stare-down with the unibrow baby?

chesh
Apr 19, 2004

That was terrible.
HAHAHAHA this show is so terrible. I left the room briefly after the crow flew, and came back in to Happy being run off the road, and for the briefest of moments thought “Oh, I should rewind and find out what happened.” And then my logic board snapped on and laughed that idea right out of my silly head. At this point, I only care enough to follow GhostPilot’s recaps and because Charlie Hunnam is so very, very pretty.

I love the scene where Althea slaps Gemma and Gemma just pushes her down like a rag doll, and it IMMEDIATELY cuts to Jimmy Smits, on the other side of the glass, all “Seriously, WTF bullshit show am I on????”

935 posted:

Edit - and the award for the most awkwardly placed sex scene in the history of ever anything goes to SOA

SERIOUSLY.

Mr Interweb posted:

Sorry, one question: um...glasses? What possible loving reason did he need to be wearing those?

He wore them earlier in the season, when they all paused to put on their helmets and goggles before riding off to find the massacre as Diosa.

Ghostpilot posted:

Once upon a time, I had a cat named Juggernaut. I live in a suburb, and a couple of times a day I'd let him out to run around. One day, he didn't come back. I went out looking for him well into the evening, left food out, left my front door ajar as I slept on the couch that night. The next day I printed 'lost' fliers and posted them around with a reward to anyone that found him. Later on that day or early into the following day, I came to find him on some nearby railroad tracks -- he had decided to pick a fight with a train. A fitting end, considering his name.

I bring this up because I put more effort and urgency into finding my missing cat that Jax has to one of his close personal friends who's taken bullets for him. And my cat wasn't being dissected and sent back to me in pieces! However bad your friend is, they're almost certainly better than Jax.

I am infinitely more interested in the story of Juggernaut than that of Jax. We should make this thread about pet stories, and I will tell you about the time my dog, Mister Finnegan, was hit by a car, saved by a random stranger, and restored my faith in humanity - until SoA started up again and I lost it all.

haljordan posted:

I was drat sure Wendy was gonna accidentally rub that heroin on her fingertips into Abel's bloodstream somehow.

I was, too! And they stripped the moment of her looking at the dope on her finger of ANY poignancy the moment they had her wipe it on her chest and grab Abel's hand without so much as a squirt of Purell.

catspleen
Sep 12, 2003

I orphaned his children. I widowed his wife.

chesh posted:

He wore them earlier in the season, when they all paused to put on their helmets and goggles before riding off to find the massacre as Diosa.

The best part about the chase you missed where happy was knocked down is that they all BOLT out of the house to chase after this guy taking off in a car! Hurry up guys! Cut to next scene and everybody is on bikes with helmets and glasses.

Also everyone is forgetting that they busted into the hotel room and shot up the preacher orgy only after being lied to by the wheelchair gansta that they dragged through a terrible CGI production.

Honestly how long have they been doing the awful CGI gunfire and blood spatter. It is really distracting, almost to the point that I have to look up from my phone during the show for a gun battle or buttrock chase to see the truly awful effects work.

timeandtide
Nov 29, 2007

This space is reserved for future considerations.
I'm watching The Shield for the first time and only now do I realize that SoA is just Bad Shield. Montages to music, Sutter as a reoccurring character, gray issues, a darkly comedic tone underlying the drama - the shows have the same "feel" but SoA post-season 2 is poor at conveying it.

The show always does shock-a-minute things in the most banal ways: how many sudden outbursts of murder are there? By comparison, Vic Mackey has killed very few people (and every one except two are in-the-line-of-duty kills) by season three whereas Jax has probably killed hundreds if not thousands by the time of this final season. How many important characters die in the final season so far? Bobby and a bunch of randoms. That's not pushing the envelope, that's playing it safe.

Junkenstein
Oct 22, 2003

Yeah, there's very few murders in The Shield, comparatively, and pretty much every one has a weight that carries through to the finale.

Murders used to mean something in SoA at the start too, but now Jax is throwing people out of windows (or trying to) just for the sake of it, and the murder of a Sheriff means nothing.

Last Buffalo
Nov 7, 2011
At the beginning of the show, they were also very concerned about getting g away with the murders and not getting caught. At this point, they're completely above the law.

Did Jax to to high school with everyone in the police department?

Also, what happened to Chibbs wife and daughter. I missed a lot of the Ireland stuff.

haljordan
Oct 22, 2004

the corpse of god is love.

Last Buffalo posted:

At the beginning of the show, they were also very concerned about getting g away with the murders and not getting caught. At this point, they're completely above the law.

Did Jax to to high school with everyone in the police department?

Also, what happened to Chibbs wife and daughter. I missed a lot of the Ireland stuff.

Consider yourself lucky.

edit: Man I completely forgot how Stahl murdered her lesbian lover or fling or whatever to back up the bullshit testimony she used to clear Gemma of the actual crime. What a show.

haljordan fucked around with this message at 18:38 on Nov 8, 2014

Junkenstein
Oct 22, 2003

Last Buffalo posted:

Seriously. There's been dozens of deaths this season. loving massacres, even. Yet the only death law enforcement seem to care about is some doctor. Even though a loving sheriff was killed at the same time.

Agent Burt Macklin
Jul 3, 2003

Macklin, you son of a bitch
Maybe Jarry is some kind of high level plant from the ATF or something who's trying to suss out the criminal element in Charming because why else would someone take that job? It hasn't ended well for the last couple people in it.

Plus she isn't at all worried about loving Chibbs in broad daylight like that and doesn't seem panicked people know about them. Her reaction to Gemma knowing wasn't to freak out and cut ties but to seek Chibbs out.

Who am I kidding? There's no end game here.

haljordan
Oct 22, 2004

I was flipping through random episodes on Netflix and I came across the first one with Chuckie. My fiancee was sitting on the couch next to me and she goes "What is he doing?!" when Chuckie started rubbing one out all of a sudden. I said "He's whackin it" to which she replied "Why?!" I was going to explain but all I could think to say was "Exactly."

Sons of Anarchy: Why?!

The show definitely does have it's moments though. Like when Jax is about to whomp the poo poo out of Kohn in the barbershop and he actually smiles at him first. Also, getting a pair of scissors jammed into his leg during that little fracas only seems to enrage him further.

haljordan fucked around with this message at 21:10 on Nov 8, 2014

Rupert Buttermilk
Apr 15, 2007

🚣RowboatMan: ❄️Freezing time🕰️ is an old P.I. 🥧trick...

I've never seen Annabeth Gish on anything else, but holy mother gently caress, does she do a horrible job acting on this show. Everyone's ridiculous, but I can still get behind their acting. Not her, though.

She overspeaks, or over-enunciates, or something that makes every single word that comes out of her mouth sound completely forced and unbelievable.

vyst
Aug 25, 2009

Rupert Buttermilk posted:

I've never seen Annabeth Gish on anything else, but holy mother gently caress, does she do a horrible job acting on this show. Everyone's ridiculous, but I can still get behind their acting. Not her, though.

She overspeaks, or over-enunciates, or something that makes every single word that comes out of her mouth sound completely forced and unbelievable.

I remember her most from The West Wing

Weaponized Autism
Mar 26, 2006

All aboard the Gravy train!
Hair Elf

I haven't noticed any problems with her acting, maybe it's because I originally know her from Mystic Pizza and The X-Files which I actually enjoyed her in.

Solid Poopsnake
Mar 27, 2010

by Nyc_Tattoo
Nap Ghost
She's alright in The Bridge.

Agent Burt Macklin
Jul 3, 2003

She was great on Brotherhood, which was an amazingly underrated show on Showtime a few years back. She was good on The West Wing, too. This show is just total poo poo.

(Seriously, Brotherhood is a great show and you should watch it.)

Ghostpilot
Jun 22, 2007

"As a rule, I never touch anything more sophisticated and delicate than myself."
Yeah, I'm much more inclined to blame the writing / direction on this show than the actors. I've said it before, but Sutter should thank his lucky stars that he's managed to pull the calibre of actors that he has (for the most part, anyway). Though the flipside of that is that it does make the show harder to watch in some ways because you know that they're capable of so much better.

Last Buffalo
Nov 7, 2011

I think she's not good either, but I blame that on the writing. Imagine an actress trying to think about and then give depth and meaning to the words her character is saying in this show?

"Um Kurt, a little confused. So my character is a seasoned authority figure, and has a deep sense of justice. So, why am I cool with banging with a member of the motorcycle gang whose house the murdered body of my predecessor was found at? Like we've barely spoken, and when we have, for them to buy me off for roughly the cost of an expensive dentist bill. Also, why do I care about keeping this town, which I obviously am not from and don't know much about, 'whole?' Like, what does that mean, Kurt? Also, Why am I hiring a guy who's been dying of cancer for like 2 years? Just wondering, for, you know, the scene."

Doktor Avalanche
Dec 30, 2008

Last Buffalo posted:

I think she's not good either, but I blame that on the writing. Imagine an actress trying to think about and then give depth and meaning to the words her character is saying in this show?

"Um Kurt, a little confused. So my character is a seasoned authority figure, and has a deep sense of justice. So, why am I cool with banging with a member of the motorcycle gang whose house the murdered body of my predecessor was found at? Like we've barely spoken, and when we have, for them to buy me off for roughly the cost of an expensive dentist bill. Also, why do I care about keeping this town, which I obviously am not from and don't know much about, 'whole?' Like, what does that mean, Kurt? Also, Why am I hiring a guy who's been dying of cancer for like 2 years? Just wondering, for, you know, the scene."

And then she gets the script for the next episode, where her character is loving Chibs in a parking garage while some creep watches from the sidelines.

catspleen
Sep 12, 2003

I just signed up for ProjectFOX which allows you to give your view on lovely Kurt Sutter shows directly to FOX. I just did a SOA survey. Here is the link I got from facebook. I wasn't going to do it because :effort:but then I did while taking a poo poo, because I was reminded of Kurt Sutter.

http://project.fox.com

EDIT: got rid of recruitment referral code in link.

catspleen fucked around with this message at 17:40 on Nov 9, 2014

Stranger Danger Ranger
Jul 21, 2007
There are lizards coming out of my tv.

catspleen posted:

I just signed up for ProjectFOX which allows you to give your view on lovely Kurt Sutter shows directly to FOX. I just did a SOA survey. Here is the link I got from facebook. I wasn't going to do it because :effort:but then I did while taking a poo poo, because I was reminded of Kurt Sutter.

http://project.fox.com

EDIT: got rid of recruitment referral code in link.

How much did Fox pay you to make this post, and how can I get in on this racket?

Seriously though, I've pretty much given up on this stupid show. I knew when I watched last season's finale they'd drag the whole Gemma killed Tara thing out til the bitter end, so I guess I'll watch the episode where that happens, but probably just stick with Ghostpilot's recaps.

Pikehead
Dec 3, 2006

Looking for WMDs, PM if you have A+ grade stuff
Fun Shoe
I've enjoyed the series (didn't see any of the ireland stuff, thankfully) but I'm glad it's ending. I've waited a long time for the Sons to get their poo poo pushed in, and it looks like it's finally happening.

Assepoester
Jul 18, 2004
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
Melman v2
Tig was on the cheesy SyFy channel movie Mutant World for all of 10 minutes, and it was better than this entire season of SoA

http://tvbythenumbers.zap2it.com/20...ember-8/320289/

http://i.imgur.com/lGKb6zm.mp4

Assepoester fucked around with this message at 16:03 on Nov 11, 2014

Junior G-man
Sep 15, 2004

Wrapped in a mystery, inside an enigma

westyx posted:

I've enjoyed the series (didn't see any of the ireland stuff, thankfully) but I'm glad it's ending. I've waited a long time for the Sons to get their poo poo pushed in, and it looks like it's finally happening.

Somehow I have a terrible feeling that Sutter will find some way for the Sons to come out on top. With Jax still as President and finally at the bottom of this.

catspleen
Sep 12, 2003

Jaaam posted:

How much did Fox pay you to make this post, and how can I get in on this racket?

Seriously though, I've pretty much given up on this stupid show. I knew when I watched last season's finale they'd drag the whole Gemma killed Tara thing out til the bitter end, so I guess I'll watch the episode where that happens, but probably just stick with Ghostpilot's recaps.

Oh god, I do sound like a corporate referral bot. Ignore the poo poo post. All I want is to poo poo up the surveys with links to the gently caress Kurt Sutter gif.

Last Buffalo
Nov 7, 2011
What's the closing montage song going be?

Has Katy Sagal covered "Desperado" yet?

Doktor Avalanche
Dec 30, 2008

Last Buffalo posted:

"You'll never leave Charming Town alive".

Suck it, Justified.

burnishedfume
Mar 8, 2011

You really are a louse...

Cardboard Box A posted:

Tig was on the cheesy SyFy channel movie Mutant World for all of 10 minutes, and it was better than this entire season of SoA

http://tvbythenumbers.zap2it.com/20...ember-8/320289/

He was also in Resident Evil Afterlife, which I'd say at this point is also better than SoA. I'm at work right now and can't youtube, but I'd be very grateful if someone could find a video of that ridiculous fight scene with his character, Milla Jovovich's character and I believe Albert Wesker.

Reince Penis
Nov 15, 2007

by R. Guyovich

DrProsek posted:

He was also in Resident Evil Afterlife, which I'd say at this point is also better than SoA. I'm at work right now and can't youtube, but I'd be very grateful if someone could find a video of that ridiculous fight scene with his character, Milla Jovovich's character and I believe Albert Wesker.

This episode of CSI has Kim Coates, Theo Rossi AND Walton Goggins.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=86WmCbcnJBU

BOOM

e: No, I haven't seen it.

OptimusWang
Jul 9, 2007

PK loving SUBBAN posted:

BOOM

gently caress your CSI, he and Jamie Lannister were gun-toting badasses in Black Hawk Down :colbert:

e: Though I think SoA's body count is higher at this point :smith:

OptimusWang fucked around with this message at 17:20 on Nov 10, 2014

Agent Burt Macklin
Jul 3, 2003

Last Buffalo posted:

lol

I can't wait to come check out this thread when the show ends with Jax "winning" and coming out unscathed. Gemma might get hers, but SOA is a story about a bunch of bikers that Kurt Sutter is in love with. There's no way it ends tragically for Jax - he's the hero in this fairytale.

mewse
May 2, 2006

Kelly posted:

lol

I can't wait to come check out this thread when the show ends with Jax "winning" and coming out unscathed. Gemma might get hers, but SOA is a story about a bunch of bikers that Kurt Sutter is in love with. There's no way it ends tragically for Jax - he's the hero in this fairytale.

The show used to make a big deal about how it was based on hamlet where everyone dies. In the promos for this season they kept using a skull motif which made me presume every character was going to die.

Anyway one reason Bobby probably got a lovely funeral is that they're winding up for bigger, better deaths.

geeves
Sep 16, 2004

Kelly posted:

lol

No, this season will end on a cliffhanger for the Sons of Anarchy movie next summer. 7 seasons and a movie.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

haljordan
Oct 22, 2004

PK loving SUBBAN posted:

BOOM

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BKc8m0apNh4

• Locked thread