Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
will I later regret not putting effort into this poll?
Yes
No
View Results

• Locked thread
Xenaero
Sep 26, 2006

Slippery Tilde
Never gonna prestige. Welcome to shotgun showdown.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Alteisen
Jun 4, 2007

by FactsAreUseless
Just did a 100 rounds of exo survival with pubbies.

Got the zombie helmet, pants, gloves, exo and helmet and an elite HRBa3 called the Lead Launcher.

Nostalgia4Dogges
Jun 18, 2004

Only emojis can express my pure, simple stupidity.

Heh how many patches are they going to release that address "connectivity issues." I guess enough to keep our hopes up until next November so the cycle can repeat itself

dreffen
Dec 3, 2005

MEDIOCRE, MORSOV!

Christoff posted:

Heh how many patches are they going to release that address "connectivity issues." I guess enough to keep our hopes up until next November so the cycle can repeat itself

None?

Is the answer none?

Nostalgia4Dogges
Jun 18, 2004

Nah I mean every patch they release for every COD always has some bit about fixing netcode lag or spawns w/e but never actually does

Mister Facetious
Apr 21, 2007

I think I died and woke up in L.A.,
I don't know how I wound up in this place...

:canada:

dreffen posted:

None?

Is the answer none?

Blops 2's netcode was made (mostly) playable in the July/August patch.

At least for people playing in Canada...

a_gelatinous_cube
Feb 13, 2005

Welp, spent two hours making an emblem that poofed after I prestiged. Wish I had read about that before I did it.

a_gelatinous_cube fucked around with this message at 11:23 on Nov 10, 2014

whip
Apr 9, 2007

by Lowtax

Alteisen posted:

Got the zombie helmet, pants, gloves, exo and helmet and an elite HRBa3 called the Lead Launcher.

I got shafted on this. Round 75ish and the host lagged out. I got the helmet, pads, and gun but it doesn't even recognize any of us played past round 12. :(

BaronVanAwesome
Sep 11, 2001

I will never learn the secrets of "Increased fake female boar sp..."

Never say never, buddy.
Now you know.
Now we all know.
What do weapon stats do?

I dunno. But an (obnoxious) guy on YouTube went and tested a bunch of weapons (in an informal setting) to see what those little mods do. His video is here:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aCUdAjFpk1g

It's super annoying to watch a 10 minute video for 30 seconds of explanation, so the tl;dr by me is:

Damage

Damage adds damage to the weapon at both the minimum and maximum. This guy seems to think -1 shot to kill at longer ranges.

He also seems to think that it'll actually affect the range falloffs as well.

Range

Range changes where the damage falloffs occur - this is supposedly a very subtle difference per point (around a meter per point).

Accuracy

Accuracy changes the recoil - he figures that a point will give "about 1/4 of the foregrip mod".

Fire Rate

This seems to be a 15-20% increase per point in rate of fire for the weapon. It curves off - 2 points seems to add about 30%.

Note that an increased fire rate means more recoil just because of more kicks.

Handling

A weird one, this one ONLY seems to affect your HIP FIRE SPREAD. This guy says it didn't affect ADS time, swap time, sprint warmup/cooldown times, or flinch. It's apparently fairly minor as well.

Mobility

Nothing? Not reload, run speed, sprint speed, warmups/cooldowns, boost or jumps, boost times, knee slides, strafe speeds, ADS times (or incredibly minor), weapon swap times. More testing needed, I guess.

So, what's important? Fire Rate, Damage, Accuracy, probably in that order.

Please note that this poo poo isn't mine, I just wanted to transcribe this video briefly as it's the closest thing to useful info we've got so far about weapon stats.

Knifegrab
Jul 30, 2014

Gadzooks! I'm terrified of this little child who is going to stab me with a knife. I must wrest the knife away from his control and therefore gain the upperhand.
People bragging about doing well using the XIM on consoles is like non-tards bragging about doing well in the special olympics.

Anyway, is there any way to make the recon drone do damage?

zcrow
May 6, 2014

Ah.. yeah... um... tup tup tup tup tup.. this is something we'll add down the line
I have all my textures cranked up to the highest setting. Is it supposed to still look like utter poo poo?

Fateo McMurray
Mar 22, 2003

Knifegrab posted:

People bragging about doing well using the XIM on consoles is like non-tards bragging about doing well in the special olympics.

Anyway, is there any way to make the recon drone do damage?

There's a video of a guy direct impacting a dude 3 times in a short span with the threat grenades and that killed him.

pretty soft girl
Oct 1, 2004

my dead grandfather fights better than you

Fateo McMurray posted:

There's a video of a guy direct impacting a dude 3 times in a short span with the threat grenades and that killed him.

Only in hardcore. I tried in regular playlists and it takes at least over 8 direct hits

Moochewmoo
May 13, 2009
Does scavenger reload tube grenades?

For my last game of the night I went exo sprint, faster movment, and a bulldog with a built-in grip and threw a shield on my back. I got like 7 rage mics of people just going "aauughh :stonk:". As soon as you round the corner just loving mash the trigger as fast as you can. Stavanger helps assuming you somehow don't die every 20 seconds.

Knifegrab
Jul 30, 2014

Gadzooks! I'm terrified of this little child who is going to stab me with a knife. I must wrest the knife away from his control and therefore gain the upperhand.

Moochewmoo posted:

Does scavenger reload tube grenades?

For my last game of the night I went exo sprint, faster movment, and a bulldog with a built-in grip and threw a shield on my back. I got like 7 rage mics of people just going "aauughh :stonk:". As soon as you round the corner just loving mash the trigger as fast as you can. Stavanger helps assuming you somehow don't die every 20 seconds.

No it does not.

pop fly to McGillicutty
Feb 2, 2004

A peckish little mouse!
Did you guys know the stinger will lock on people? Oh, you did? Why didn't you tell me?

I got a professional launcher and an elite launcher and I guess it just has special camo but nothing else? I want borderlands style bouncing rockets come on, son.

Goodchild
Jan 3, 2010
For whatever reason, having a download going or streaming Netflix while I play keeps me from being hosed by the net code while I'm stuck half a second behind everyone else. Maybe it thinks I'm a poor and gives me some of that sweet sweet compensation.

TotalHell
Feb 22, 2005

Roman Reigns fights CM Punk in fantasy warld. Lotsa violins, so littl kids cant red it.

The Beer and Pretzels XMG is the stupidest, goofiest weapon. If you like pretending you're a giant robot with guns for hands, stomp around with that on; you'll probably die a lot, but who cares? You're a giant robot with akimbo LMGs now!

NuckmasterJ
Aug 9, 2008
Grimey Drawer

Alteisen posted:

I made it 43 rounds with me and one other pubbie last night and got the zombie Helmet, Gloves and Knee Pads. Lasers for life!

SubponticatePoster
Aug 9, 2004

Every day takes figurin' out all over again how to fuckin' live.
Slippery Tilde

Mill Village posted:

Make sure you don't Prestige until the patch comes out or you will lose that emblem.
Actually I found that my emblems were still there in the app. It's all hosed up and doesn't load, but if you click on the + sign it will load the emblem, then go in, make no changes and save it and it will be there when you back out. Then you can set it to appear on your playercard. :iiam:

Zsinjeh
Jun 11, 2007

:shoboobs:

Mister Macys posted:

I see campers all the loving time, but it's CoD; I expect it.
Camping in AW seems pointless when you can fly around the map in half a second and flank them

Philthy
Jan 28, 2003

Pillbug

Zsinjeh posted:

Camping in AW seems pointless when you can fly around the map in half a second and flank them

And the fact there is a kill cam.

Old Doggy Bastard
Dec 18, 2008

Philthy posted:

This is a big factor in me not staying in the same area after a kill in Domination. Even if I have a nice corner to get kills in and that I would camp the gently caress out of without a kill cam I won't stay there for more than a single kill.

Zsinjeh
Jun 11, 2007

Philthy posted:

Killcam I'm not too bothered by. Most of the time when I was killed by campers in Blops 1/2 I'd know where they were but it was just that they had all memorized the places that only had one or two entrances that they could easily see from their point. Now with the exo suit I can just jump around to any point on the map in a snap and surprise them before they can react.

loving love exo suit jumping with laser, on the PC it's quite literally like Quake with a railgun. I ain't got time for campers, they vanish in a puff of smoke burning with the smell of ionized air.

Mister Facetious
Apr 21, 2007

Zsinjeh posted:

Hasn't stopped people from trying.

Philthy posted:

The Killcam has existed since Call of Duty's inception. It doesn't change anything.
People still hide in corners and behind barrels and windows, and lie down covering sniping lanes.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

Most people probably skip it to spawn faster.

eleven extra elephants
Feb 16, 2007

Menschliches! Allzumenschliches!!
Any COD bros getting the Halo Master Chef cook off challenge?

Philthy
Jan 28, 2003

Pillbug

Mister Macys posted:

Hasn't stopped people from trying.

The Killcam has existed since Call of Duty's inception. It doesn't change anything.
People still hide in corners and behind barrels and windows, and lie down covering sniping lanes.

That's fine, but camping is generally someone who never moves through most of the match. I dont know about everyone else, but if I see someone who might be doing this after they get me, Ill go clean them out because of the cam.

Moving from one choke point to another, or cycling firing lanes is different.

Philthy fucked around with this message at 17:52 on Nov 10, 2014

Mister Facetious
Apr 21, 2007

Philthy posted:

That's fine, but camping is generally someone who never moves through most of the match. I dont know about everyone else, but if I see someone who might be doing this after they get me, Ill go clean them out because of the cam.

Moving from one choke point to another, or cycling firing lanes is different.

I'm not saying it's a good strategy, I'm saying they're more prevalent than one thinks. Especially on Solar. People want to hold the same three spots around all the time.

Zsinjeh
Jun 11, 2007

This is the first CoD I've been looking at a majority of killcams, just too see how loving laggy the match is and see me just standing casually not seeing anything apparently.

Mister Facetious
Apr 21, 2007

MW3's was even worse. I never saw the killing shot in a match.

Ever.

Killcams always showed the enemy with a full second of killing my rear end.
How I went 1.8 I'll never know.

sba
Jul 9, 2001

bae

FAT WORM OF ERROR posted:

Any COD bros getting the Halo Master Chef cook off challenge?

yeah, definitely going to pick it up this week sometime

Knifegrab
Jul 30, 2014

Don't worry guys their using they're new "hybrid system" ~The sound of a wet fart~

WattsvilleBlues
Jan 25, 2005

Every demon wants his pound of flesh
http://m.uk.ign.com/articles/2014/11/10/call-of-duty-advanced-warfare-update-coming-soon

Patch incoming at some stage.

" Fix for weapon reloads counting as speed reloads in certain circumstances." All my reloads count as quick reloads. What do dual mags do then if there's going to be a quick reload mechanic? You reload faster and keep the ammo?

Pheel
Jul 23, 2007
Not sure what it is about this game, but I am pretty drat awful compared to the last few iterations. I did get the game a week late so I have to account for map knowledge but I have a hard time finishing kills mostly due to the boost evasion and double jumping. The ability to boost over walls and obstacles is getting my killed too, since you not only have to watch your flank but above/below you.

chemosh6969
Jul 3, 2004

code:
cat /dev/null > /etc/professionalism

I am in fact a massive asswagon.
Do not let me touch computer.
Is there local split screen? I searched around but couldn't find anything.

teknetik
Jan 13, 2010

SO
JEWISH

WattsvilleBlues posted:

http://m.uk.ign.com/articles/2014/11/10/call-of-duty-advanced-warfare-update-coming-soon

Patch incoming at some stage.

" Fix for weapon reloads counting as speed reloads in certain circumstances." All my reloads count as quick reloads. What do dual mags do then if there's going to be a quick reload mechanic? You reload faster and keep the ammo?

Yes, right now reloading with ammo in the mag drops the ammo completely.

RedneckwithGuns
Mar 28, 2007

Up Next:
Fifteen Inches of
SHEER DYNAMITE

I'm really wondering how much my doing better in AW's multiplayer is because I'm on PC this time rather than Xbox, and how much is just the game being better. The short time I played Ghosts/BO2 I got poo poo on until I got frustrated and stopped playing, but here I'm holding my own and don't feel like I'm getting constantly matched up against 13 year olds on amphetamines.

Pheel
Jul 23, 2007

chemosh6969 posted:

Is there local split screen? I searched around but couldn't find anything.

I'm pretty sure you can use the 'Local Play' option in multiplayer to play split screen against bots.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nostalgia4Dogges
Jun 18, 2004

Knifegrab posted:

It's mostly because it makes goons really mad for some reason hth

Zombie Boat posted:

Did you guys know the stinger will lock on people? Oh, you did? Why didn't you tell me?

I got a professional launcher and an elite launcher and I guess it just has special camo but nothing else? I want borderlands style bouncing rockets come on, son.

Yeah I forgot about that but no one bothers with that poo poo or shooting down anything that flies. Takes way too long to use and lock on and this poo poo is so fast paced you're dead twice by the time you do

Goodchild posted:

For whatever reason, having a download going or streaming Netflix while I play keeps me from being hosed by the net code while I'm stuck half a second behind everyone else. Maybe it thinks I'm a poor and gives me some of that sweet sweet compensation.

Yeah I never bothered but people did this in previous CODs. Literally gimping your connection gives you a better connection because of lag comp I guess? Idk

Pheel posted:

Not sure what it is about this game, but I am pretty drat awful compared to the last few iterations. I did get the game a week late so I have to account for map knowledge but I have a hard time finishing kills mostly due to the boost evasion and double jumping. The ability to boost over walls and obstacles is getting my killed too, since you not only have to watch your flank but above/below you.

Yeah of the last 3 aside from ghosts I'm pretty bad. I also run around like a loon zipping around like an idiot. It's mostly that some maps have so many elevated points you can get killed from and especially over B on every domination match

• Locked thread