Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
balistafreak
Oct 30, 2012
Made over 100g worth of charcoal in less than 30 minutes with only 200 labor and some 10g of mats, so at least 90g profit. All you fishers are missing out the coolest source of income ever. Do you catch 45g fish every single time? If no, consider joining Goon Squad again.

Also, there was the funniest goddamn moment where we were only halfway into loading our merchant ship, this huge rear end fishing fleet of a minimum of 3 fishing boats+clipper swarm launches off the beach right next to us and pass by in front of us like a regal pod of whales. I just started panickedly whispering "ssssssssshhhhhhhhh be very quiet they're fishermen they'll look straight past this merchant boat just beached here they're only interested in fish" and it loving actually happened. If even one of them had clicked our ship and realized it was a Western one, we'd have been dead, no question.

Fishermen are really the silliest of folk.

Umbreon posted:

I talked to jerkjerk today when he went on trial. My retard-slow reaction time just made me realize him being there means that there's possibly an east goon guild again.

If this is true, who do I sign up with because I'm still guildless.

Jerkjerk/werkwerk is busy leading Western goons now. Easterners are useful to us but only to a very limited extent - we may have employment for you in "assisting" Easterners with getting their packs around a CDC-sanctioned Ebola blockade of Ynystere.

And by "assisting" we mean "robbing blind".

balistafreak fucked around with this message at 11:40 on Nov 9, 2014

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ape brain analyzer
Aug 21, 2013

balistafreak posted:

Made over 100g worth of charcoal in less than 30 minutes with only 200 labor and some 10g of mats, so at least 90g profit. All you fishers are missing out the coolest source of income ever. Do you catch 45g fish every single time? If no, consider joining Goon Squad again.

Also, there was the funniest goddamn moment where we were only halfway into loading our huge rear end fishing fleet, and then at least 3 fishing boats launch off the beach right next to us and pass by in front of us like a regal pod of whales. I just started panickedly whispering "ssssssssshhhhhhhhh be very quiet they're fishermen they'll look straight past this merchant boat just beached here they're only interested in fish" and it loving actually happened. If even one of them had clicked our ship and realized it was a Western one, we'd have been dead, no question.

Fishermen are really the silliest of folk.

Jerkjerk/werkwerk is busy leading Western goons now. Easterners are useful to us but only to a very limited extent - we may have employment for you in "assisting" Easterners with getting their packs around a CDC-sanctioned Ebola blockade of Ynystere.

And by "assisting" we mean "robbing blind".

Yeah its great, now its actually worth doing charcoal/crystal runs, having fishing as one of the best money makers after AH flipping was pretty bad considering the fishing zergs are getting bigger everyday and the lag is unreal, it blows fishing/fighting at 1 fps. Now more people will be on the seas doing merch runs which we have been doing, splitting merchs 2/3 ways is great money and more fun.

ohsosad
Feb 11, 2012

Why is every game i play unbalanced in the other guys favour?
Hey Umbreon you should do pack trading switches with some west goons and get super rich.

If you don't have a merchant ship you need to make friends with a guy that does and if you don't have land near the coast of solis get land there ( or a friend that has it) and you can be super rich like the rest of us.

East goons are actually super useful for making a poo poo tonne of gold since charcoal is the best commodity around now.

Internet Nobody
May 17, 2009

warriv13 posted:

Yeah its great, now its actually worth doing charcoal/crystal runs, having fishing as one of the best money makers after AH flipping was pretty bad considering the fishing zergs are getting bigger everyday and the lag is unreal, it blows fishing/fighting at 1 fps. Now more people will be on the seas doing merch runs which we have been doing, splitting merchs 2/3 ways is great money and more fun.

What changed to make these worthwhile now?

Arcade
Sep 10, 2007

balistafreak posted:

Yeah, been doing both today.

Buffer
May 6, 2007
I sometimes turn down sex and blowjobs from my girlfriend because I'm too busy posting in D&D. PS: She used my credit card to pay for this.
This game really is years of the eve experience condensed into months.

Tom Steele posted:

What changed to make these worthwhile now?

Archeum flooding in from the rumbling trees means people are actually crafting poo poo.

Internet Nobody
May 17, 2009

Buffer posted:

This game really is years of the eve experience condensed into months.

Archeum flooding in from the rumbling trees means people are actually crafting poo poo.

What trade pack are you running for charcoal? trying to figure out if this is doable in calleil too

Internet Nobody fucked around with this message at 15:45 on Nov 9, 2014

Atown
Aug 10, 2011

Arcade posted:

Yeah, been doing both today.

In before the charcoal pact. No killing greens with east packs.

Kimsemus
Dec 4, 2013

by Reene
Toilet Rascal

Atown posted:

Not on our watch, friend.

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

Kimsemus posted:

Not on our watch, friend.

goonfucker

Umbreon
May 21, 2011

ohsosad posted:

Hey Umbreon you should do pack trading switches with some west goons and get super rich.

If you don't have a merchant ship you need to make friends with a guy that does and if you don't have land near the coast of solis get land there ( or a friend that has it) and you can be super rich like the rest of us.

East goons are actually super useful for making a poo poo tonne of gold since charcoal is the best commodity around now.

I unfortunately have no friends, no guild, and no (non-clipper)ship. Should I be saving up for my gilda stars for a merch ship at least instead of a fishing boat? I would absolutely love to help West goons in anyway I can.

Also, to the 1 random goon who I stole the trade pack from at Friedrich, I am really sorry, I didn't even know you weren't even level 50 yet. I promise I will do my best to pay goons back with the gilda stars I made from that pack. :unsmith:

Umbreon fucked around with this message at 18:22 on Nov 9, 2014

Ridinspinnaz
Jan 29, 2009

Umbreon posted:

I unfortunately have no friends, no guild, and no (non-clipper)ship. Should I be saving up for my gilda stars for a merch ship at least instead of a fishing boat? I would absolutely love to help West goons in anyway I can.

Also, to the 1 random goon who I stole the trade pack from at Friedrich, I am really sorry, I didn't even know you weren't even level 50 yet. I promise I will do my best to pay goons back with the gilda stars I made from that pack. :unsmith:

I'm almost 50 on East, and if I find a good group of people to play with I'll let you know.

Hy_C
Apr 1, 2010

Ridinspinnaz posted:

I'm almost 50 on East, and if I find a good group of people to play with I'll let you know.

AussieAge, TrapHouse, and BWTC have seemed liked a fun group of people from my interaction with them. Also I don't know if Feely is still playing but you could ask him.

gwrtheyrn
Oct 21, 2010

AYYYE DEEEEE DUBBALYOO DA-NYAAAAAH!

Hy_C posted:

AussieAge, TrapHouse, and BWTC have seemed liked a fun group of people from my interaction with them. Also I don't know if Feely is still playing but you could ask him.

Feely and some other people from TETF went to aussieage, but I'm not sure if he's still playing

Internet Nobody
May 17, 2009
Are you guys just running packs from solis to two crowns or is there some secret to getting more charcoal? Confused how it only uses 200 labor for 100g

Ridinspinnaz
Jan 29, 2009

Hy_C posted:

Yeah, I've done instances with both Aussieage and Traphouse and both seemed pretty chill. I'll probably try to go with Aussieage because I tend to play late (9pm-3am pacific standard time) which means not a lot of people are on in most guilds :)

super sweet best pal
Nov 18, 2009

Tom Steele posted:

What trade pack are you running for charcoal? trying to figure out if this is doable in calleil too

I'd recommend running a caravan of Windscour packs when it's in peace. There's a path in the southwest corner that leads to the Harani starting zone, after that it's all safe zones until you hit the ocean, all you need to worry about is the level 40 mobs in the forest.

Arcade
Sep 10, 2007

Atown posted:

Not carebear enough. Going to blockade bridges instead.

Facebook Aunt
Oct 4, 2008

wiggle wiggle

Tom Steele posted:

Are you guys just running packs from solis to two crowns or is there some secret to getting more charcoal? Confused how it only uses 200 labor for 100g

He provides the mats and has a hoard of goons each make 2 packs. Goons provide labor and the quality certificate. Each goon gets to turn in one pack, and he turns in the other half the packs. Everybody makes money, so there are lots of volunteers.

Stanley Pain
Jun 16, 2001

by Fluffdaddy

Ridinspinnaz posted:

I heard Forest Crow are pretty cool dudes :derp:

balistafreak
Oct 30, 2012

Angela Christine posted:

He provides the mats and has a hoard of goons each make 2 packs. Goons provide labor and the quality certificate. Each goon gets to turn in one pack, and he turns in the other half the packs. Everybody makes money, so there are lots of volunteers.

You're mixing my personal runs and the Fun Run.

My personal runs, the packs are premade by yours truly and staged. I take 11-13 goons to load up my boat safely in non-peace when the rates are high, so 31-33 get delivered to TC, and of those packs I turn in 20 - the others are on people's backs and are their payment. All they have to do is spend their time and the labor for the turnin.

The Fun Run has all the materials except for the Quality Certificates bankrolled either by me or, occasionally, other generous goons. We all make packs, load up a merchant boat, and then hightail it to TC to turn in the packs we made ourselves. I actually lose money on Fun Runs because I usually bankroll the materials and the fuel for the boat - I rely on goon goodwill to help me with the former to keep me in the black.

As for "200 labor to 100g", charcoal is going for some 2.5g each, and the packs we were turning in were worth 10 charcoal each, or 25 gold. I flubbed the math completely on labor and forgot to factor in turn-in labor costs (oops), so it's actually 400 labor to 100g... which, truth be told, is still drat good. That's 25g per 100 labor.

Oh, I have commerce to 50k, so it's only 48 (rounded to 50) labor per pack-action, 100 for construction and turn-in combined. For non-commerce lords, it'll be 60 per pack-action, 120 for construction and turn-in combined.

balistafreak fucked around with this message at 23:30 on Nov 9, 2014

Internet Nobody
May 17, 2009

balistafreak posted:

You're mixing my personal runs and the Fun Run.

My personal runs, the packs are premade by yours truly and staged. I take 11-13 goons to load up my boat safely in non-peace when the rates are high, so 31-33 get delivered to TC, and of those packs I turn in 20 - the others are on people's backs and are their payment. All they have to do is spend their time and the labor for the turnin.

The Fun Run has all the materials except for the Quality Certificates bankrolled either by me or, occasionally, other generous goons. We all make packs, load up a merchant boat, and then hightail it to TC to turn in the packs we made ourselves. I actually lose money on Fun Runs because I usually bankroll the materials and the fuel for the boat - I rely on goon goodwill to help me with the former to keep me in the black.

As for "200 labor to 100g", charcoal is going for some 2.5g each, and the packs we were turning in were worth 10 charcoal each, or 25 gold. I flubbed the math completely on labor and forgot to factor in turn-in labor costs (oops), so it's actually 400 labor to 100g... which, truth be told, is still drat good. That's 25g per 100 labor.

Oh, I have commerce to 50k, so it's only 48 (rounded to 50) labor per pack-action, 100 for construction and turn-in combined. For non-commerce lords, it'll be 60 per pack-action, 120 for construction and turn-in combined.

Do you have a house in solis, or where do you leave from on the east?

balistafreak
Oct 30, 2012

Tom Steele posted:

sssssssshhhhhh opsec

Last Fun Run we had what just might have been the entirety of Spice and Wolf sally out in an attempt to catch our boat right before we zoomed out of there like a bat out of hell. According to some goon, these Fun Runs have "more collateral damage than Iwo Jima" - 1 of the 18 people on the run fell behind and got whacked before getting even his first pack in, and another fell off the boat (seaaaaaaaaaabuuuuuuugs) while still in dangerous waters and got intercepted while clippering to TC alone.

We sacrifice the few so that the many might yet live. :smith:

Deutsch Nozzle
Mar 29, 2008

#1 Macklemore fan

Tom Steele posted:

:siren: :siren: ~WEEE WOOO WEEE WOOO~ OPSEC BREACH DETECTED ~WEEE WOOO WEEE WOOO~ :siren: :siren:

Deutsch Nozzle
Mar 29, 2008

#1 Macklemore fan
goon squad director of keeping things behind closed doors and sweeping everything else under the rug Malakesh will be along shortly to interrogate you

ThndrShk2k
Nov 3, 2009

by Nyc_Tattoo
Bread Liar
Funruns are great, got at least 150g+ from them in the past 2 days
Gave Balista some of my profits cus he needs to do this more.

Spent all my labor crafting my Wagon and doing tradepack turnins. Actually bought 1 labor comp at 20g and another with my funbuck cashpoints. Then did a bunch of packs and it's empty again.
Farm Wagons you can burn 1000 labor in 60-70 minutes no problem with 2 runs :getin:

Umbreon
May 21, 2011

Hy_C posted:

Reporting my personal experience with the above mentioned east guilds:

AussieAge: after i went unpirate, i joined up with them. They seem very condensed in terms of how pubbielike they are, they can go from joking around in gchat to at each others throats because they literally keep killing each other in hasla. :stare:

They also did not like the fact that me and a friend stole a fishing boat from BWTC. BWTC went crying to a guild officer after me and a (unguilded and fresh 50) buddy managed to kill the crew of a BWTC fishing boat and steal it. Said officer whispered me sometime later wondering wtf i was thinking, and after he started explaining things about "FISHING PACTS" and "respect fishing", I saw the life of this thread flashing before my eyes and gquit. (I did say to tell BWTC that i was kicked for my heinous crimes)

Tl; dr: dont join aussieage if you plan on not respecting fishing. :v:

Traphouse: I saw a group of 6 traphouse dudes farming in hasla, so i tried to chat them up and see if they were recruiting. No responses from any of them. I figured they must be on mental autopilot from hasla grinding, so I ran into them middle of them, and spoke to the closest member by name and asked again. And was promptly ignored again.

I was later doing some arena matches and one of them (Pope, iirc) was on my team. I chatted him up and we were talking for a bit after the match. The moment I asked if traphouse had any recruiting policies, he promptly stopped responding to me and hasnt answered a whisper ever since. :smith:

Tl; dr: Im guessing they all intentionally ignored me for a reason unknown to me. Maybe theyll care about you enough to respond to you if youre geared or something?

BWTC: The crew we killed started making death threats to me and my friend when they spotted us on the villanelle docks after we ran off from the fishing boat. Forestcrow dudes, BWTC and like 2 other guilds all showed up in clippers and a loving galleon to swarm us (yes, all that for 2 ungeared scrubs on a clipper) after we killed another one of the people who were angrily chasing us into ynystere. i desummoned my boat as a harpoon was midair to catch us, and we made it on to land and sped away.

Tl; dr: do not join BWTC unless you dont mind FISHING PACTS and "please respect fishing". Also make sure you dont mind your guildmates being so mad about fishing that they will literally call in 4 guilds, a fleet of clippers and a galleon to try and kill 2 ungeared 50s on a clipper. (And still gently caress it up and let them escape)

LunaDeus
Jul 5, 2014

Umbreon posted:

Reporting my personal experience with the above mentioned east guilds:

AussieAge: after i went unpirate, i joined up with them. They seem very condensed in terms of how pubbielike they are, they can go from joking around in gchat to at each others throats because they literally keep killing each other in hasla. :stare:

They also did not like the fact that me and a friend stole a fishing boat from BWTC. BWTC went crying to a guild officer after me and a (unguilded and fresh 50) buddy managed to kill the crew of a BWTC fishing boat and steal it. Said officer whispered me sometime later wondering wtf i was thinking, and after he started explaining things about "FISHING PACTS" and "respect fishing", I saw the life of this thread flashing before my eyes and gquit. (I did say to tell BWTC that i was kicked for my heinous crimes)

Tl; dr: dont join aussieage if you plan on not respecting fishing. :v:

Traphouse: I saw a group of 6 traphouse dudes farming in hasla, so i tried to chat them up and see if they were recruiting. No responses from any of them. I figured they must be on mental autopilot from hasla grinding, so I ran into them middle of them, and spoke to the closest member by name and asked again. And was promptly ignored again.

I was later doing some arena matches and one of them (Pope, iirc) was on my team. I chatted him up and we were talking for a bit after the match. The moment I asked if traphouse had any recruiting policies, he promptly stopped responding to me and hasnt answered a whisper ever since. :smith:

Tl; dr: Im guessing they all intentionally ignored me for a reason unknown to me. Maybe theyll care about you enough to respond to you if youre geared or something?

BWTC: The crew we killed started making death threats to me and my friend when they spotted us on the villanelle docks after we ran off from the fishing boat. Forestcrow dudes, BWTC and like 2 other guilds all showed up in clippers and a loving galleon to swarm us (yes, all that for 2 ungeared scrubs on a clipper) after we killed another one of the people who were angrily chasing us into ynystere. i desummoned my boat as a harpoon was midair to catch us, and we made it on to land and sped away.

Tl; dr: do not join BWTC unless you dont mind FISHING PACTS and "please respect fishing". Also make sure you dont mind your guildmates being so mad about fishing that they will literally call in 4 guilds, a fleet of clippers and a galleon to try and kill 2 ungeared 50s on a clipper. (And still gently caress it up and let them escape)

Having been in quite a few pubbie guilds on East they all have the same rule over fishing.

Spartan Legion had the exact same drama as Goon Squad, a few of the officers were attacking and stealing fish from greens, which let to spartan fishermen being KOS at any fishing area.

Sick of being killed and denied their precious fish, half of the guild's biggest poopsockers left to create Trigger Happy (to which I was invited to despite contributing gently caress-all to the guild because gently caress spending 2 hours helping transport trade packs for nothing in return) and the other half left when they realised the guild was basically poo poo now.

Axel Serenity
Sep 27, 2002

Umbreon posted:

respect fishing

Arcade
Sep 10, 2007

LunaDeus posted:

Sick of being killed and denied their precious fish, half of the guild's biggest poopsockers left to create Trigger Happy (to which I was invited to despite contributing gently caress-all to the guild because gently caress spending 2 hours helping transport trade packs for nothing in return) and the other half left when they realised the guild was basically poo poo now.

Yep, sounds familiar.

Third World Reagan
May 19, 2008

Imagine four 'mechs waiting in a queue. Time works the same way.
Anyone remember that age of conan alliance map where it was one giant circle of non agression pacts except for goons.

Hy_C
Apr 1, 2010

Third World Reggin posted:

Anyone remember that age of conan alliance map where it was one giant circle of non agression pacts except for goons.

No but I remember the Age of Wushu one.

Dirk the Average
Feb 7, 2012

"This may have been a mistake."
I will always get a chuckle out of SanguineGoon.

Umbreon
May 21, 2011
I currently see long liners available for like only 400 gold under the cost of a merchant ship. Considering the price difference is 250 Gilda Stars vs 400 shouldn't i like just save up only 250, buy the long liner plans, and then use the money from selling them to be only 400-500ish gold away from a merchant ship while only having had to save up 250 Gilda?

Flavor Truck
Nov 5, 2007

My Love for You is like a Truck

Hy_C posted:

No but I remember the Age of Wushu one.

Looks like someone's having fun with a dated version of Analyst Notebook.

If you have unspent labor and are like me (only interested in getting free stuff, stealing unprotected crops, and questing your way to 50) get in contact with a fellow goon who need materials processed. I gained two levels last night pounding little rocks into big rocks. It's a win/win, and you should probably be reading more books anyway.

Sizup
Nov 25, 2008

So here's why eco fuel is plummeting in price

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WKBGRzR-ZsE

tatersyum
Feb 12, 2006

Sizup posted:

Eco fuel is in the new cash shop box

Morglon
Jan 13, 2010

Safe and sound, detached from reality.
Just like your posting.

Sizup posted:

Video is gone, please elaborate.

Eminai
Apr 29, 2013

I agree with Dante, that the hottest places in hell are reserved for those who in a period of moral crisis maintain their neutrality.

Morglon posted:

It was somebody using teleport hacks on a level 1 character to do a quest chain that gives 12 eco-fuel, took about 2 minutes.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Facebook Aunt
Oct 4, 2008

wiggle wiggle

Morglon posted:

In Rookborne there is a timed quest to carry a pack to a guy that rewards you with fuel. Apparently you are supposed to use a racecar to do it in time. Teleport hackers can do it at level 1, and since they are teleporting the time limit isn't an issue.

Hackers hacking. Not really news.

• Locked thread