Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Krispy Kremepie
Mar 23, 2005

Inside......Me....
Injustice is the best fighting game I have ever played. The story in single player was awesome. Wish I didn't own it already on PS3 and PS4 so I could get it free and be happy about it. Played KI at a party, was p fun but IMO no where close to Injustice.

E: Also, this is the best thread. The last 3 days in hospital waiting for surgery you guys keep me entertained. Even the Xboners. Might have been the meds though.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Seedge
Jun 15, 2009
Hey, buddy. :glomp:

Bobtista posted:

Hey guys PS4 is getting injustice ultimate edition (metacritic 80) for free and i was wondering how that compares to killer Instinct (metacritic 73) on the bone since they are both the only real fighters on the market?? Except fighter within (metacritic 23) I guess how does that one stack up?!?

Watch out for Crafty reminding us reviews don't matter (unless xbone is higher)

Well if you add KI and Fighters Within together that's a 96 metacritical so that's clearly better.

Crafty
Dec 9, 2003

I CAN'T SEE SHIT.

xbox one is the best

Floridiot posted:

Injustice is the best fighting game I have ever played. The story in single player was awesome. Wish I didn't own it already on PS3 and PS4 so I could get it free and be happy about it. Played KI at a party, was p fun but IMO no where close to Injustice.

E: Also, this is the best thread. The last 3 days in hospital waiting for surgery you guys keep me entertained. Even the Xboners. Might have been the meds though.

Get well goon

Herr Direktor
Mar 19, 2006
Somehow getting the game free a year ago and getting a different free game now is somehow worse than just getting the first game free next month instead? :laugh:

7 RING SHRIMP
Oct 3, 2012

How long did it take you guys to download Halo MCC? I won't be able to start my download until about 6 EST and I'm hoping I'll be able to get a few games in before bed

Wiggly Wayne DDS
Sep 11, 2010

EATIN SHRIMP posted:

How long did it take you guys to download Halo MCC? I won't be able to start my download until about 6 EST and I'm hoping I'll be able to get a few games in before bed
Well how fast is your internet connection...?

Empress Brosephine
Mar 31, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
This thing sounds like a computer, got the scratchy hard drive access sound and everything. It's loving stupid they dont give Sunset Overdrive as a physical game. Cheap fuckers

mysterious frankie
Jan 11, 2009

This displeases Dev- ..van. Shut up.
The xbox one is good and fun and I can't wait to play gta5 on it. I hope that Jeff Keighley has enough lifeforce left in him that the xbone can drain for sustenance, so that I can get a couple more years of gaming delight out of my awesome console.

peter gabriel
Nov 8, 2011

Hello Commandos

Floridiot posted:

Get well soon man, hope you're ok :)

RonMexicosPitbull
Feb 28, 2012

by Ralp

Abu Dave posted:

This thing sounds like a computer, got the scratchy hard drive access sound and everything. It's loving stupid they dont give Sunset Overdrive as a physical game. Cheap fuckers

uh thats not normal. Mine doesnt make any sound let alone a scratchy loud one

ethanol
Jul 13, 2007

gta v is going to own and i can't wait to defend its framerate itt

HampHamp
Oct 30, 2006
What did you Xbox guys think of the evil within? Been playing it this week, technically it's a piece of poo poo but I'm having a ton of fun with it. Really reminds me of late ps2 era games for some reason.

Got to play sunset overdrive finally, it's not bad!

RonMexicosPitbull
Feb 28, 2012

by Ralp

ethanol posted:

gta v is going to own and i can't wait to defend its framerate itt

I saw they were adding an fps mode do they have any dlc coming with it? I havent decided whether to get it.

Herr Direktor
Mar 19, 2006

HampHamp posted:

What did you Xbox guys think of the evil within? Been playing it this week, technically it's a piece of poo poo but I'm having a ton of fun with it. Really reminds me of late ps2 era games for some reason.

I'm gonna pick up this one when it goes on sale, but it looks pretty good.

ethanol
Jul 13, 2007

RonMexicosPitbull posted:

I saw they were adding an fps mode do they have any dlc coming with it? I havent decided whether to get it.

I don't know anything about it really, and didn't even buy it last year. It's going to be a completely new game for me, should be a really fun week

RonMexicosPitbull
Feb 28, 2012

by Ralp

ethanol posted:

I don't know anything about it really, and didn't even buy it last year. It's going to be a completely new game for me, should be a really fun week

Oh then yea you should definitely get it its awesome.

mysterious frankie
Jan 11, 2009

HampHamp posted:

One section aside, I really loved my time with The Evil Within. It was a batshit weird, unapologetic love letter to the horror genre. I'm a weird gamer from Bizarro world who thought Alien: Isolation was bland as hell, to the point of being obnoxious, so my opinions about what's cool may be of the bad & untrustworthy variety.

Empress Brosephine
Mar 31, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Holy poo poo the xbone has a horrendous UI. How the gently caress do you operate this thing?

mysterious frankie
Jan 11, 2009

RonMexicosPitbull posted:

Oh then yea you should definitely get it its awesome.

I didn't have a console the first time it was released, and I'm really glad of that now that's I'm seeing everything they've crammed into the next gen version. I've more or less kept myself in the dark about it since it first dropped, so I'll be going into what looks like the definitive edition of the game fresh. I've actually put off buying Sunset Overdrive, because I sort of doubt I'll be playing anything else until well into summer 2015.

Abu Dave posted:

Holy poo poo the xbone has a horrendous UI. How the gently caress do you operate this thing?

I seriously don't get this complaint. It's laid out pretty logically.

mysterious frankie fucked around with this message at 20:30 on Nov 10, 2014

7 RING SHRIMP
Oct 3, 2012

Wiggly Wayne DDS posted:

Well how fast is your internet connection...?

It's whatever the Comcast Xfinity Double Play starter one is. So yeah I have no idea

RonMexicosPitbull
Feb 28, 2012

by Ralp
I downloaded all the halo stuff while i was asleep so thats all set. But yea it depends on your connection.

Haquer
Nov 15, 2009

That windswept look...

mysterious frankie posted:

I didn't have a console the first time it was released, and I'm really glad of that now that's I'm seeing everything they've crammed into the next gen version. I've more or less kept myself in the dark about it since it first dropped, so I'll be going into what looks like the definitive edition of the game fresh. I've actually put off buying Sunset Overdrive, because I sort of doubt I'll be playing anything else until well into summer 2015.

I seriously don't get this complaint. It's laid out pretty logically.

ad ad ad ad game ad ad ad ad ad what's new ad ad ad ad ad settings ad ad ad ad ad ? ?? ? ?????

ethanol
Jul 13, 2007

actually they've done a pretty good job relegating the ads to just a few sections, I think the final xbox 360 update was worse. It's certainly not as jarring as the wii u waking up in the middle of the night with a huge bayonetta 2 ad or displaying mario kart dlc on the entire gamepad when I wake it up

Empress Brosephine
Mar 31, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
I couldn't find the Settings option at all; they make no explanation of how the gently caress you use snap or what you can use it with, it's just all laid out real dumb. On first boot up you have millions of ads and no wheres to see where the game you put in the drive is. I'm sure it'll be fine once you get used to it, but the PS4 has a better UI which is asinine.

mysterious frankie
Jan 11, 2009

Haquer posted:

ad ad ad ad game ad ad ad ad ad what's new ad ad ad ad ad settings ad ad ad ad ad ? ?? ? ?????

Are you talking about all the stuff to the far right in the store section? I don't have any ads in my home and pins sections. It doesn't really blow my mind that a system with a deeply integrated marketplace would advertise things it sells in the marketplace... just in the space designated for the marketplace.

RonMexicosPitbull
Feb 28, 2012

by Ralp

Abu Dave posted:

I couldn't find the Settings option at all; they make no explanation of how the gently caress you use snap or what you can use it with, it's just all laid out real dumb. On first boot up you have millions of ads and no wheres to see where the game you put in the drive is. I'm sure it'll be fine once you get used to it, but the PS4 has a better UI which is asinine.

its literally always in the same spot what are you talking about. I get the snap stuff that took getting used to but the stuff i need is almost always on the firt page and worst case scenario you just say" Xbox go to w/e"

Crafty
Dec 9, 2003

I CAN'T SEE SHIT.

xbox one is the best

EATIN SHRIMP posted:

It's whatever the Comcast Xfinity Double Play starter one is. So yeah I have no idea

Are you downloading the whole thing or just the 15gb content update? In my experience it goes a lot quicker when it's a wired connection for what it's worth.

Haquer posted:

There's literally one ad and it says buy MCC with a link to the store. Maybe you're thinking of the PS4?

YUMMMY

Empress Brosephine
Mar 31, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Does the voice command stuff work without a Kinect?

Also i had to go into the Apps to find Settings...because that makes sense...and there's 3 gigantic banner ads on the front page. "Ad free" my butt.

univbee
Jun 3, 2004

I'm still not entirely sure what the deal is with that pic because I couldn't find anything like that even when actively looking for ads, maybe it's a U.S. accounts-only thing.

That taco does look good, though.

Empress Brosephine
Mar 31, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
You have to actively press buttons and seek out the ads on PS4; on Xbone they're right there on the front loving page. This system UI is slow and clunky as poo poo. Everything being a app is ridiculous. Even worse is the fact that you have to wait for a game to install even if you have the disc; :wtc: Forza Horizon has been installing for like 20 minutes and it's only at 33%.

ethanol
Jul 13, 2007

Abu Dave posted:

Does the voice command stuff work without a Kinect?

No

Also i had to go into the Apps to find Settings...because that makes sense...and there's 3 gigantic banner ads on the front page. "Ad free" my butt.

yeah those three "gigantic banner ads", god so intrusive

fyi the 'featured' column and the store front are the only places with ads afaik

mysterious frankie
Jan 11, 2009

Abu Dave posted:

You can pin the settings button if you don't have kinect and want easy access to it. When you use it it'll pop up in the home section, then you can pin it from there. I looked up all the kinect gestures and voice commands before I purchased, so I didn't really pay attention to the help sections, but if you go to your apps list there are built in help videos that get you started. I'm not certain, but I think some of those videos play the first time you power up the console.

I'm not being a dick here because me and Windows UIs have been best friends most of my career, so I'm willing to accept that maybe Microsoft just drove me crazy in a way that lets me understand them.

opulent fountain
Aug 13, 2007

univbee posted:

I'm still not entirely sure what the deal is with that pic because I couldn't find anything like that even when actively looking for ads, maybe it's a U.S. accounts-only thing.

That taco does look good, though.

Yeah I've literally never seen that screen on my PS4. Is that some kind of "what's new?" screen? That's the only thing I can think judging from the icon on the left side.

Empress Brosephine
Mar 31, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

mysterious frankie posted:

You can pin the settings button if you don't have kinect and want easy access to it. When you use it it'll pop up in the home section, then you can pin it from there. I looked up all the kinect gestures and voice commands before I purchased, so I didn't really pay attention to the help sections, but if you go to your apps list there are built in help videos that get you started. I'm not certain, but I think some of those videos play the first time you power up the console.

I'm not being a dick here because me and Windows UIs have been best friends most of my career, so I'm willing to accept that maybe Microsoft just drove me crazy in a way that lets me understand them.

Thank you for the help. I understand the concept behind it I just am baffled at how un-friendly it is at first glance. Even Windows 8 had a stupid "here's what to do" first pop up, this didn't at first pop up and I was baffled. The only video this had was "Buy our games".

univbee
Jun 3, 2004

a harpy posted:

Yeah I've literally never seen that screen on my PS4. Is that some kind of "what's new?" screen? That's the only thing I can think judging from the icon on the left side.

You go left on startup and you have a section of updates, I think it's called What's New, but I've seriously never seen an ad for delicious tacos or Chevies on it.

ethanol
Jul 13, 2007

you can also press start anywhere on the home screen to access settings among other options

Jerkface
May 21, 2001

HOW DOES IT FEEL TO BE DEAD, MOTHERFUCKER?

a harpy posted:

Its the 'Whats New on Playstation' screen, which you actually have to go and click to activate. You'll see status updates from your friends and stuff like new games on the store, new pre-order availability, and new free games from +. Its actually good and useful because you dont have to see it unless you want to, unlike the xbone which is physically too large to hide from sight and replaces all your tiles with ads whenever the McRib comes back.

Krispy Kremepie
Mar 23, 2005

Inside......Me....
Meant to post this before I got the kidney stone from hell.

gently caress you wires. Including the one now hanging out of my dick hole.

spudsbuckley
Aug 29, 2008

by FactsAreUseless

(and can't post for 5 years!)

ethanol posted:

yeah those three "gigantic banner ads", god so intrusive

fyi the 'featured' column and the store front are the only places with ads afaik

A bunch of little tiles that you have to flick through to do stuff, what a loving mess of poo poo.

You haven't got a mouse pointer or touchscreen to use it properly by just going directly to what you want. Suppose you could use they Kinect but even MS gave up on that idea after 6 months of dismal sales.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Empress Brosephine
Mar 31, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

ethanol posted:

you can also press start anywhere on the home screen to access settings among other options

That makes it way easier, thanks.

How do you change between your snaps? Like I have the Queue up on one and Messages on the snap, but I cna't for the life of me figure out how to change the active Snap. Also i'm dumb.

• Locked thread