Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Xenomrph
Dec 9, 2005

AvP Nerd/Fanboy/Shill

Big Bad Voodoo Lou posted:

That Sentry, Hawkeye, and Iron Fist were sculpted and shown a long time ago, but Hasbro wasn't able to fit them into any waves or even confirm they would be released
Does that mean there still might be hope that we'll see releases of some of the other unreleased figures, like Lyra (the Red She Hulk alternate from a few waves back)?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CelticPredator
Oct 11, 2013
🍀👽🆚🪖🏋

Rirse posted:

Man I haven't really bought figures in a long time, but I never knew Hasbro finally made a Sarlacc Pit...and it part of a expensive Target exclusive. Any idea if anyone ever sells it separate from the rest of the set?
This is pretty cheap.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/STAR-WARS-S...=item3f4067dacf

and the whole thing for a hundred.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Star-Wars-T...=item20effbfb76

Havoc904
Jul 29, 2006

A school festival is a festival that takes place at our school!
Does anyone have any suggestions for a good custom 1/6 scale website that I can buy from? My wife is a big Norman Osborn fan and I was wanting to see if I could find a custom 1/6 scale Osborn head to match up with the Hot Toys Iron Patriot that we have.

Louisgod
Sep 25, 2003

Always Watching
Bread Liar

Xenomrph posted:

Does that mean there still might be hope that we'll see releases of some of the other unreleased figures, like Lyra (the Red She Hulk alternate from a few waves back)?

Maybe, though you'd more than likely see more topical (ie Avengers) characters or fan-favorites, like Blade or Bulldozer before somebody like Lyra.

Timby
Dec 23, 2006

Your mother!

Davros1 posted:

I never understood how in the 89 Batman they could have gotten the Bat insignia wrong.

There was actually a legal reason behind that -- when they were making the batsuits in preparation for filming, WB hadn't yet acquired the rights to use the actual Batman oval logo, so they made the version with the extra "feet" to avoid a potential lawsuit. Something like that, I remember hearing about it ages ago.

Duke Igthorn
Oct 11, 2012

by FactsAreUseless
They should just change Sentinel's name to "No One Cares Lad" because no one loving cares.

Red
Apr 15, 2003

Yeah, great at getting us into Wawa.

Duke Igthorn posted:

They should just change Sentinel's name to "No One Cares Lad" because no one loving cares.

Do you mean Sentry?

Rirse
May 7, 2006

by R. Guyovich

Ended up buying this because all the previous sold ones were even more then this. Shame it missing the little plastic desert thing, but I can probably just easily make something similar.

Rirse fucked around with this message at 01:05 on Nov 11, 2014

Blackchamber
Jan 25, 2005

Was anyone still looking for the Prototype Boba Fett black series figure? I found one today at walgreens but I wasn't sure anyone still cared...

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

Blackchamber posted:

Was anyone still looking for the Prototype Boba Fett black series figure? I found one today at walgreens but I wasn't sure anyone still cared...

I've seen 3 or 4 now, I think the hype has died down. Makes my buddy who paid $100 for his look like a chump.

Dr. Platypus
Oct 25, 2007
Yeah, every Walgreens I've been to in Chicago has had 2-3 of them on the shelf.

Can't find a RotJ Luke to save my life, though.

Duke Igthorn
Oct 11, 2012

by FactsAreUseless

Red posted:

Do you mean Sentry?

My point exactly

Bushifox
Dec 10, 2003

Je suis une tappette pour les jouets cheap et casse. Je suis dieu des nulles!

Duke Igthorn posted:

My point exactly

Is he still in the comics? I read some of the civil war collections and just thought this was the stupidest addition to the marvel universe ever.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

Bushifox posted:

Is he still in the comics? I read some of the civil war collections and just thought this was the stupidest addition to the marvel universe ever.

He was dead but Remender resurrected him in Uncanny Avengers because gently caress you that's why.

Mr. Yuk
Apr 1, 2005

In case of accidental ingestion, please consult a mortician.

Dr. Platypus posted:

Yeah, every Walgreens I've been to in Chicago has had 2-3 of them on the shelf.

Can't find a RotJ Luke to save my life, though.

Check your local Target. I snagged him and Vader in mine the other day.

The Goon
Sep 11, 2001

Duke Igthorn posted:

You shut your mouth!

Xenomrph
Dec 9, 2005

AvP Nerd/Fanboy/Shill

Have we gotten a ML Jessica Drew Spider-Woman? I can't even remember if there was a Toybiz one. I've got the Marvel Select one from a few years back.

Djarum
Apr 1, 2004

by vyelkin

Xenomrph posted:

Have we gotten a ML Jessica Drew Spider-Woman? I can't even remember if there was a Toybiz one. I've got the Marvel Select one from a few years back.

Yup. It has man hands.

Bushifox
Dec 10, 2003

Je suis une tappette pour les jouets cheap et casse. Je suis dieu des nulles!

Djarum posted:

Yup. It has man hands.

You guys are making me much too critical. I had to go look at mine and see the man hands, now I can't unsee it.

Djarum
Apr 1, 2004

by vyelkin

Bushifox posted:

You guys are making me much too critical. I had to go look at mine and see the man hands, now I can't unsee it.

I have no idea how you never saw it!

Alas it shall be replaced with a non-lovely version in a few months.

Cricken_Nigfops
Oct 25, 2011

CROM!

Bushifox posted:

and a weird diaper pelvis to boot.

Xenomrph
Dec 9, 2005

AvP Nerd/Fanboy/Shill

Djarum posted:

I have no idea how you never saw it!

Alas it shall be replaced with a non-lovely version in a few months.

Wait really? I didn't realize an updated version was in the pipeline.

Donde Esta
Sep 6, 2006

:getin:

Djarum posted:

Yup. It has man hands.

I was digging through my arm fodder bin today and I came across a Spider-Woman torso with arms/head attached. I said my self, "Goddamn, those are some bigass hands," before throwing it back into the pile and resuming whatever it was that I was doing.

Red
Apr 15, 2003

Cricken_Nigfops posted:

and a weird diaper pelvis to boot.

Well, I have to get rid of my Adora figure now

boom boom boom
Jun 28, 2012

by Shine
This year's Snow Miku Nendoroid is pretty weird. Never seen a Miku without the pigtails

Louisgod
Sep 25, 2003

Always Watching
Bread Liar
that thing makes me uncomfortable.

Djarum
Apr 1, 2004

by vyelkin

Xenomrph posted:

Wait really? I didn't realize an updated version was in the pipeline.

Yup they showed it off at SDCC. I'd post a picture but I am at work.

Joe Fisto
Dec 6, 2002

And I looked, and behold a pale horse: and his name that sat on him was Death, and Hell followed with him.
The Winter Soldier has arrived

DJ Fuckboy Supreme
Feb 10, 2011

And when you stare long into the abyss, you become aggressively, terminally chill

Louisgod posted:

that thing makes me uncomfortable.

I tilt my phone

And those vacant eyes follow me

The Taint Reaper
Sep 4, 2012

by Shine

boom boom boom posted:

This year's Snow Miku Nendoroid is pretty weird. Never seen a Miku without the pigtails

That's amazing...those....eyes.

CelticPredator
Oct 11, 2013
🍀👽🆚🪖🏋

Joe Fisto posted:

The Winter Soldier has arrived

This rules. Winter Soldier owns.

Vaporware
May 22, 2004

Still not here yet.

The Taint Reaper posted:

That's amazing...those....eyes.

They have mastered eye technology, we now know what must be done.

[IMG] hat in hands puss in boots.jpg [\img]

gregday
May 23, 2003

I've decided to keep both emblems and use them for different things. The shiny metal one is going to be my hero piece that I use in the display. The matte plastic one I texture painted so it looks a little like cave rock, and I'll be incorporating it into the same textured structure I make for the rest of the pieces to fit into. I really like the way this turned out. Somewhat reminds me of the 89 opening credits.

And my metal milled belt pods should be here today. It may take me a little while to do a proper paint job on them that complements the rest of the belt. I may have to do a little grinding to get them to be a perfect fit, and then comes the very, very difficult step of drilling the mounting holes in the belt strap to attach the pods :gonk:

If the pods for any reason don't come out perfect, I don't think I'm even going to put them on. The belt as-is looks perfect.

Cricken_Nigfops
Oct 25, 2011

CROM!
Gotta give some mad props to Rhyno for hooking me up on the Agent Venom front, the paint is not bad at all, but man those hips Ah well, he'll look great on my shelf. Thanks man, really appreciate it!

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

Cricken_Nigfops posted:

Gotta give some mad props to Rhyno for hooking me up on the Agent Venom front, the paint is not bad at all, but man those hips Ah well, he'll look great on my shelf. Thanks man, really appreciate it!

Glad it arrived okay!

And to anyone else, I do have one more if you need him.

The Taint Reaper
Sep 4, 2012

by Shine
So that Vehicle MattyCollector is releasing this month which is not part of the MOTUC Subscription service is over 100 bucks.

Now while it comes with a Man at Arms figure, the vehicle itself is not really that big and is just slightly larger than the beasts. But it does not look like a 100 dollar toy. After shipping it's going to be running around the same price as a Transformers Titan Class figure like Metroplex who is two feet tall and who's vehicle mode is actually larger. Seriously shipping is around 1/3rd of the price of the figure itself.

It's honestly something that screams ripoff moreso than anything else they've released before.

The Taint Reaper fucked around with this message at 12:50 on Nov 14, 2014

Caesarian Sectarian
Oct 19, 2004

I dunno Granamyr for $80 was pretty bad. But he still sits on my shelf even if I've taken all the other MOTUC figures down so maybe he was worth it in the long run. Castle for $275 was pretty bad too.

Ram is probably one of the first that I'm just gonna skip. Someone is hooking me up with the Man-At-Arms head and that's really all I need from it.

Also those mini sets for $20 is really bad. And the $75 jumbo vintage figures that don't actually look like the vintage figures. Everything Matty does is bad, but I still like Classics so whatevs.

Red
Apr 15, 2003

therealjon_ posted:

Also those mini sets for $20 is really bad.

I really love the look of those, but I don't understand the price at all. $9.99 would be perfect.

Caesarian Sectarian
Oct 19, 2004

Add $12 for their cheapest shipping method and each 2-pack is $32 :(

I like the look too but no loving way I'm buying them.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DrChud
Jun 18, 2004

Red posted:

I really love the look of those, but I don't understand the price at all. $9.99 would be perfect.

If those were even 10-15 and you could get them in a regular store like TRU or target, I'd be all over them. Like transformers robot heroes.

Man I wished KidRobot would do a MOTU line. I think they would knock it out of the park.

DrChud fucked around with this message at 22:19 on Nov 14, 2014