Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
neetengie
Jul 17, 2013

Shittiest taste in anime and video games.

Keiya posted:

You are 100% objectively wrong. Especially in Golden, where they added Marie, who is basically a Teddy clone without the endearing aspects.
Both Teddie and Marie are poo poo tier.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

born on a buy you
Aug 14, 2005

Odd Fullback
Bird Gang
Sack Them All

I Love You! posted:

I'm guessing you're talking about Jeff? Your username is really familiar.

zandi?

I Love You!
Dec 6, 2002

I know a zand from these forums???? I don't know what zandi even means though. The main thing people used to know me from in Austin was fighting games/guilty gear outside of my friend pit

Johnny Five-Jaces
Jan 21, 2009

I Love You! posted:

I feel like I cheated since I basically got 2 shots at the top 8 AND this was my first ever PTQ event (or even ptq qualifier). On top of that the deck i put together in the redraft was completely loving ridiculous (seriously, check this thing out http://www.twitch.tv/tedsternator/b/587115097 ).

This is a cool and good watch because I am not very good at limited and it was interesting hearing you pick up on "tells" from what is getting passed to you which you obviously read correctly given how ridiculous that deck was.

suicidesteve
Jan 4, 2006

"Life is a maze. This is one of its dead ends.

I Love You! posted:

I feel like I cheated since I basically got 2 shots at the top 8 AND this was my first ever PTQ event (or even ptq qualifier). On top of that the deck i put together in the redraft was completely loving ridiculous (seriously, check this thing out http://www.twitch.tv/tedsternator/b/587115097 ).

I tried watching your stream half a dozen times last night but it was always a blank screen! I demand satisfaction! :v:

But really, congrats. I actually didn't realize you were a goon before. Keep spreading the good Norin word.

born on a buy you
Aug 14, 2005

Odd Fullback
Bird Gang
Sack Them All

I Love You! posted:

I know a zand from these forums???? I don't know what zandi even means though. The main thing people used to know me from in Austin was fighting games/guilty gear outside of my friend pit

If you play magic in texas and don't know who Jeff Zandi is you should consider suicide

mbt
Aug 13, 2012

born on a buy you posted:

If you play magic in texas and don't know who Jeff Zandi is you should consider suicide

:captainpop:

I Love You!
Dec 6, 2002

AgentSythe posted:

This is a cool and good watch because I am not very good at limited and it was interesting hearing you pick up on "tells" from what is getting passed to you which you obviously read correctly given how ridiculous that deck was.

I'm not going to pretend a deck of that quality is the norm, but considering i was playing against a bunch of pros and thousands of bucks were on the line i guess i'll take it this one time.

I don't play magic in texas and suicide is never the answer

black potus
Jul 13, 2006

I Love You! posted:

I'm not going to pretend a deck of that quality is the norm, but considering i was playing against a bunch of pros and thousands of bucks were on the line i guess i'll take it this one time.

I don't play magic in texas and suicide is never the answer

suicide was the answer back when phyrexian negator was still a good creature

Mercury Crusader
Apr 20, 2005

You know they say that all demons are created equal, but you look at me and you look at Pyro Jack and you can see that statement is not true, hee-ho!

gang sines posted:

suicide was the answer back when phyrexian negator was still a good creature

rip suicide black, the most baller of aggro decks

En Fuego
Oct 8, 2004

The Reverend

Mercury Crusader posted:

rip suicide black, the most baller of aggro decks

Hatred for 18, strong play.

Firestorm for 2, stronger.

black potus
Jul 13, 2006
one day i'm going to take hatred infect to the legacy weekly

Xeom
Mar 16, 2007
I really like fast decks and I was looking to start modern. I've found a few fast red decks, and they all seem really interesting. But then I saw a few of the affinity decks and I really liked them. Do goons think it's worth it to get an affinity deck?

Entropic
Feb 21, 2007

patriarchy sucks

Xeom posted:

I really like fast decks and I was looking to start modern. I've found a few fast red decks, and they all seem really interesting. But then I saw a few of the affinity decks and I really liked them. Do goons think it's worth it to get an affinity deck?

Depends mostly on whether you're willing to drop $200 on Mox Opals.

Partial Octopus
Feb 4, 2006

Xeom posted:

I think it also depends how much affinity is in your local meta. If there's a ton expect to get blown out by artifact hate all day long. UR delver is also very cheap and fast as hell.

Ultima66
Sep 2, 2008

I Love You! posted:

I'm guessing you're talking about Jeff? Your username is really familiar.

Yeah I drafted with you that one time where you kind of gave away your old paper collection to him (or was that one of his other friends?).

Also I played Magic in Texas until 2 years ago and have no idea who Jeff Zandi is, and know a good portion of the Houston/Austin scene so...

born on a buy you
Aug 14, 2005

Odd Fullback
Bird Gang
Sack Them All

Ultima66 posted:

Yeah I drafted with you that one time where you kind of gave away your old paper collection to him (or was that one of his other friends?).

Also I played Magic in Texas until 2 years ago and have no idea who Jeff Zandi is, and know a good portion of the Houston/Austin scene so...

You don't pay attention to your judges then.

Yawgmoth
Sep 10, 2003

This post is cursed!

gang sines posted:

one day i'm going to take hatred infect to the legacy weekly
turn 1: inkmoth nexus, lotus petal x2, dark rit x2, any 1 mana spell to give it haste, Hatred for 9.

Live the dream.

Sickening
Jul 16, 2007

Black summer was the best summer.

You don't pay attention to your judges then.

People pay attention to who judges?

I Love You!
Dec 6, 2002
Streaming that new Blue/White heroic deck that everyone is going crazy about. Comparisons to Caw/Blade abound, join the hyperbole!

https://www.twitch.tv/tedsternator

born on a buy you
Aug 14, 2005

Odd Fullback
Bird Gang
Sack Them All

Sickening posted:

People pay attention to who judges?

When they're as awesome and important to the state magic scene as zandi, yes.

born on a buy you
Aug 14, 2005

Odd Fullback
Bird Gang
Sack Them All
rip austiknights vs. texas guildmages feud

Sickening
Jul 16, 2007

Black summer was the best summer.

This sounds very self important.

Nibble
Dec 28, 2003

if we don't, remember me

Yawgmoth posted:

turn 1: inkmoth nexus, lotus petal x2, dark rit x2, any 1 mana spell to give it haste, Hatred for 9.

Live the dream.

You forgot to activate Nexus :eng101:

mbt
Aug 13, 2012

wow yeah :agreed: if you don't know who your local judge is you should definitely kill yourself

Gyshall
Feb 24, 2009

Had a couple of drinks.
Saw a couple of things.

I Love You! posted:

Streaming that new Blue/White heroic deck that everyone is going crazy about. Comparisons to Caw/Blade abound, join the hyperbole!

desk list for those of us stuck at work right now?

Yawgmoth
Sep 10, 2003

This post is cursed!

Nibble posted:

You forgot to activate Nexus :eng101:
poo poo. :eng99:

Errant Gin Monks
Oct 2, 2009

"Yeah..."
- Marshawn Lynch
:hawksin:

Mortimer posted:

wow yeah :agreed: if you don't know who your local judge is you should definitely kill yourself

Zandi has no relevance in San Antonio. Although I assume I will see him at the GP.

Johnny Five-Jaces
Jan 21, 2009

Sickening posted:

This sounds very self important.

In Texas of all places what a shocker

born on a buy you
Aug 14, 2005

Odd Fullback
Bird Gang
Sack Them All

Errant Gin Monks posted:

Zandi has no relevance in San Antonio. Although I assume I will see him at the GP.

he's a pretty big guy, it's hard not to see him

Count Bleck
Apr 5, 2010

DISPEL MAGIC!

I Love You! posted:

Does it run Battlefield Thaumaturge?

Because if not I'm sad and mad and whatever.

Entropic
Feb 21, 2007

patriarchy sucks

Count Bleck posted:

Does it run Battlefield Thaumaturge?

Because if not I'm sad and mad and whatever.

Nope, it runs Hero of Iroas instead.

Count Bleck
Apr 5, 2010

DISPEL MAGIC!

Entropic posted:

Nope, it runs Hero of Iroas instead.

Dumb and stupid and bad and not as cool as Thaumaturge.

logis
Dec 30, 2004
Slippery Tilde
Re: texas chat;
If anyone in austin wants to cube draft, let me know.

I Love You!
Dec 6, 2002

logis posted:

Re: texas chat;
If anyone in austin wants to cube draft, let me know.

Argggg why do you wait until i move across the country

BaronVonVaderham
Jul 31, 2011

All hail the queen!
loving MTGO. All other horrible design flaws aside, how the gently caress do you not even let your user have the option of deciding where to install this poo poo? (redoing things and avoiding installing other software on the SSD I use for my operating systems)

Count Bleck
Apr 5, 2010

DISPEL MAGIC!

I Love You! posted:

Argggg why do you wait until i move across the country

He doesn't love you?

odiv
Jan 12, 2003

I Love You! posted:

Holy poo poo that pack 2. That was a crazy good pack for you.

What does redraft mean, by the way?

Zoness
Jul 24, 2011

Talk to the hand.
Grimey Drawer

odiv posted:

Holy poo poo that pack 2. That was a crazy good pack for you.

What does redraft mean, by the way?

In this case it means they redid the top 8 because of glitches.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nibble
Dec 28, 2003

if we don't, remember me

It's okay, just make sure the haste spell is a Crimson Wisps that cantrips into your third Lotus Petal. The dream lives!

• Locked thread