Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Apoplexy
Mar 9, 2003

by Shine

Ariza posted:

I'm sure I'm in the minority on this board, but I really dig Race Wars. I saw a standup special from Metzger and surprisingly it pretty good. I've never heard Sherrod on anything else, but Hannibal, Attell, and Artie are great. Speaking of Artie, has he said anything else about his new podcast?

I think Race Wars would hit with Goons if they would give it a shot. They talk about a ton of really good topics without any sort of filter. Plus, the He-Man theme song, slightly modified!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ariza
Feb 8, 2006

prefect posted:

I don't know if it's calculated or not, but Artie's gotten his name in the news the last few days.

God I hate the internet.

Terror Sweat
Mar 15, 2009

prefect posted:

I don't know if it's calculated or not, but Artie's gotten his name in the news the last few days.

He was gonna be on @midnight on thursday, but they ditched him after these tweets went public

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth
It's gotten to where you can't weirdly describe your slave plantation jerkoff material, directed at the chick you're jerking it to directly, without people getting all uppity. This fuckin country man.

pangstrom
Jan 25, 2003

Wedge Regret
If anyone likes fights, Bob Zamuda gets pissed at Greg Fitzsimmons and storms out of the podcast when Greg is rightfully skeptical of his ANDY KAUFFMAN IS ALIVE stuff.

Also, while I can't recommend the show in general unless you like people talking comedy shop as much as I do, I CAN recommend the Nick Kroll visit from January of last year.

Drunkboxer
Jun 30, 2007

pangstrom posted:

If anyone likes fights, Bob Zamuda gets pissed at Greg Fitzsimmons and storms out of the podcast when Greg is rightfully skeptical of his ANDY KAUFFMAN IS ALIVE stuff.

Also, while I can't recommend the show in general unless you like people talking comedy shop as much as I do, I CAN recommend the Nick Kroll visit from January of last year.

Is it actual anger or is it just a performance?

Binowru
Feb 15, 2007

I never set out to be weird. It was always other people who called me weird.

Drunkboxer posted:

Is it actual anger or is it just a performance?

Exactly.

ChickenArise
May 12, 2010

POWER
= MEAT +
OPPORTUNITY
= BATTLEWORMS
It's pretty hard to say, but it was a pretty weird combination of awkward and intense and neither of them seemed out of their usual character (ie, Greg wouldn't normally do that sort of a bit on his show).

pangstrom
Jan 25, 2003

Wedge Regret
Pretty sure it's not a performance, it's not interesting enough a premise and the dialogue is flat/repetitive but really angry like most real fights are. But yeah given the participant I think reasonable people can disagree.

edit: upon reflection I also think it's fair to say that the fight makes it LESS likely that someone would buy his second Kauffman book or be interested in what he'd say in the future, as he basically confirms that he's a fraud (or, at best, "lovely prankster" if you look at things that way). So I doubt it was ginned up.... unless Andy Kauffman is still alive I guess but yeah.

Edit2: just re listened to the fight and yeah If it was faked it is an insanely good acting job, like not just Tony Clifton lounge singing ham stuff but a Gish gallop made in palpable desperation and then a fit. I would bet money at bad odds it was real.

pangstrom fucked around with this message at 00:08 on Nov 11, 2014

Ariza
Feb 8, 2006

Terror Sweat posted:

He was gonna be on @midnight on thursday, but they ditched him after these tweets went public

Actually insane suicidal drug addicts shouldn't use social media for exactly that reason. Everyone has awful thoughts, but some people have no impulse control and still don't understand the consequences of their actions. Was Metzger his replacement? He was not a good fit for that show and came off odd and stilted, and I normally like him. Norton was amazing. I assume anyone as ugly as him that has done as well as he has has to be amazing. I wish he'd do his own podcast because I can't listen to O&A.

WerthersWay
Jul 21, 2009

If you really think Andy Kaufman is dead, maybe u just don't get anti-comedy....................

tnimark
Dec 22, 2009
I'd heard a lot of love for the Rube episode of The Dollop. I just listened and holy poo poo it does not disappoint.

MariusLecter
Sep 5, 2009

NI MUERTE NI MIEDO
Greggy and his amazing podcast for RGD mod-ship!

Greggy
Apr 14, 2007

Hands raw with high fives.

The Duke posted:

Do an episode of My Brother, My Brother and Me. They can get raunchy at times but I'd love to hear some reactions to the list of warrior cat names from the episode "Bramblepelt"

Ok, got to this one this week: http://podcastsarewonderful.tumblr.com/post/102754465941/episode-8-this-week-me-and-my-brother-charles
We ended up doing one of the Candlenights episodes rather than Bramblepelt because it was just a little too rough, sorry about that. We both have colds so please excuse any sniffles I missed on the edit!

Also thanks Marius but RGD is AOK as is

Asterios
Apr 17, 2008

So long, Skorpex!

https://www.presidentbaby.com
I was just a guest on two pretty hilarious podcasts: Maddox's The Biggest Problem In The Universe and International Waters with The Bugle's Andy Zaltzman.

Illinois Smith
Nov 15, 2003

Ninety-one? There are ninety other "Tiger Drivers"? Do any involve actual tigers, or driving?
OH poo poo Patton's on today's TGS

Binowru
Feb 15, 2007

I never set out to be weird. It was always other people who called me weird.
Paul F. Tompkins has a new podcast on Earwolf called "Public Domain."

http://www.earwolf.com/episode/public-domain-with-paul-f-tompkins/

Haven't listened to it yet, but it's PFT and Lauren Lapkus so it's guaranteed to be comedy gold.

edit: Ok, on further investigation it looks like the podcast is called "With Special Guest Lauren Lapkus" and episode 1 is titled "Public Domain with Paul F. Tompkins." So Lapkus will be recurring on future episodes with future special guests taking the "hosting" slot. Yeah, it's confusing.

Binowru fucked around with this message at 19:50 on Nov 21, 2014

Illinois Smith
Nov 15, 2003

Ninety-one? There are ninety other "Tiger Drivers"? Do any involve actual tigers, or driving?
It's like Lauren's version of the ADPPP, though if they stick with the 1-on-1 format I doubt it'll get as nuts as that one. Love the concept of the guest playing the straight man / host.

Mr. Squishy
Mar 22, 2010

A country where you can always get richer.

Binowru posted:

Paul F. Tompkins has a new podcast on Earwolf called "Public Domain."

http://www.earwolf.com/episode/public-domain-with-paul-f-tompkins/

Haven't listened to it yet, but it's PFT and Lauren Lapkus so it's guaranteed to be comedy gold.

edit: Ok, on further investigation it looks like the podcast is called "With Special Guest Lauren Lapkus" and episode 1 is titled "Public Domain with Paul F. Tompkins." So Lapkus will be recurring on future episodes with future special guests taking the "hosting" slot. Yeah, it's confusing.

Holy hell it actually worked!

cams
Mar 28, 2003

Illinois Smith posted:

It's like Lauren's version of the ADPPP, though if they stick with the 1-on-1 format I doubt it'll get as nuts as that one. Love the concept of the guest playing the straight man / host.
This concept allows the opportunity for her to have multiple "hosts" on who all host a podcast they make up where one of her characters is the guest.

prefect
Sep 11, 2001

No one, Woodhouse.
No one.

Dead Man’s Band

Asterios posted:

I was just a guest on two pretty hilarious podcasts: Maddox's The Biggest Problem In The Universe and International Waters with The Bugle's Andy Zaltzman.

"...it's no wonder they were Tenzing up." :cripes:

Zaltor in fine form there.

Borrowed Ladder
May 4, 2007

monarch of the sleeping marches
Lapkus' podcast was hilarious! Maybe it's just me, but for me? Lapkus and PFT are the top two CBB guests of 2014 so them together was just pure gold.

In other news, I listened to Harris Wittels on You Made It Weird today and he really went in depth into his addiction. I remember him talking about it in that Analyze Phish one off, but I had no idea how serious it had really gotten. I'm also not sure when that episode was recorded versus this episode, but he's already been to rehab twice and he had graduated to heroin. And he almost went to Scientology rehab. Definitely check out the episode if you're interested in full disclosh with Harris.

Asterios
Apr 17, 2008

So long, Skorpex!

https://www.presidentbaby.com

prefect posted:

"...it's no wonder they were Tenzing up." :cripes:

Zaltor in fine form there.

It was crazy intimidating to be on a podcast with Andy Zaltzman. I didn't realize he was the other guest until I heard his voice right before air, and it was like, "Oh poo poo, I guess Team America's gonna lose this one."

The Bunk
Sep 15, 2007

Oh, I just don't know
where to begin.
Fun Shoe

Borrowed Ladder posted:

In other news, I listened to Harris Wittels on You Made It Weird today and he really went in depth into his addiction. I remember him talking about it in that Analyze Phish one off, but I had no idea how serious it had really gotten. I'm also not sure when that episode was recorded versus this episode, but he's already been to rehab twice and he had graduated to heroin. And he almost went to Scientology rehab. Definitely check out the episode if you're interested in full disclosh with Harris.

Thanks for the heads up on this. I binged Analyze Phish a couple of weeks back and had been wishing there was more Wittels to listen to.

WerthersWay
Jul 21, 2009

Finally heard the Bob Zmuda episode of the Greg Fitzsimmons Podcast. It didn't come off as fake at all. Maybe Bob himself faked the outrage or planned to walk out if something rude was said, but it definitely wasn't in cahoots with Greg.

Bob just seems like a sad old man. He reminds me of a more extreme version of Ray Manzarek, where a talented, creative person's more talented & creative partner dies and they spend the rest of their life keeping their career afloat by giving interviews and revealing new secrets and hinting that Jim/Andy might be alive.

The Senator Giroux
Jul 9, 2006
Dead Ringer

It bummed me out when he appeared on CBB as Tony Clifton, partially for him still doing that character and taking shots at 30 years dead Andy Kaufman, and partially because he doesn't need the prosthetics anymore, he just tosses on the coat and wig and glasses.

Beeez
May 28, 2012

Mordecai Sanchez posted:

Finally heard the Bob Zmuda episode of the Greg Fitzsimmons Podcast. It didn't come off as fake at all. Maybe Bob himself faked the outrage or planned to walk out if something rude was said, but it definitely wasn't in cahoots with Greg.

Bob just seems like a sad old man. He reminds me of a more extreme version of Ray Manzarek, where a talented, creative person's more talented & creative partner dies and they spend the rest of their life keeping their career afloat by giving interviews and revealing new secrets and hinting that Jim/Andy might be alive.

Did Ray Manzarek do the latter? I know he'd appear wherever he could talking about what "Jim" would do over and over, but did he also allude to some conspiracy? I didn't think he was that desperate for attention.

WerthersWay
Jul 21, 2009

Beeez posted:

Did Ray Manzarek do the latter? I know he'd appear wherever he could talking about what "Jim" would do over and over, but did he also allude to some conspiracy? I didn't think he was that desperate for attention.

He wrote a novel about Jim faking his death and sending letters to his bandmate "Roy." It feels kinda skeezy to do something like that about a friend who died, but at least he didn't have to do it for money, because of royalties and The Doors still continuing to tour. But Zmuda is clearly playing up the "Is Andy dead?" thing to help sell his latest book about Andy.

Beeez
May 28, 2012
Yeesh.

The Berzerker
Feb 24, 2006

treat me like a dog

The most recent Dollop (a smallop on the Kentucky Meat Shower) was one of the loving weirdest things I've ever heard.

tnimark
Dec 22, 2009
Just chiming in to remind everybody that The Dollop is extremely good.

I almost skipped the Chameleon episode because I'd seen the doc about the same subject and I thought it wouldn't be as fun when I knew all the beats to the story. I was wrong. It was amazing.

King Lou
Jun 3, 2004
They say the fittest shall survive, yet the unfit may live

Once again I spaced on letting people know I put out a new episode.

Lou Reads ep130 - Vore Discussions from Eka's Portal

Also the AV Club opened up voting for the best of podcast awards.

http://www.avclub.com/bonus/best-of-2014-readers-poll-podcasts/

There are many fine podcasts mentioned but if you'd like to you can choose other & write Lou Reads in there... if you like...

I know I have zero chance of winning. I just want them to see that people actually like my show. :colbert:

Punch Card
Sep 13, 2005

by Ralp
I haven't even gotten around to your stuff yet and I'll happily throw you a vote because you're one of us, brother.

King Lou
Jun 3, 2004
They say the fittest shall survive, yet the unfit may live

Punch Card posted:

I haven't even gotten around to your stuff yet and I'll happily throw you a vote because you're one of us, brother.

:love:

Thanks. I expect to have around 10 votes total if things stay on trend,

Greggy
Apr 14, 2007

Hands raw with high fives.
http://podcastsarewonderful.tumblr.com/post/104625085376/episode-11-uhh-yeah-dude-439-this-week-me-and
This week covered our most-requested podcast so far, Uhh Yeah Dude. I went with the most recent one, 439, because I had just listened to it and didn't remember too much craigshouse/Big Dick Pierre-style chat, but it was also a really good episode with plenty of stuff to talk about.
"Adam Sandler" started out a little slow but ramped up eventually.

I'm still open to any suggestions, and I have all of the ones I've gotten so far saved and ready for future episodes!

Ghost Stromboli
Mar 31, 2011

Illinois Smith posted:

OH poo poo Patton's on today's TGS

This was a good episode of the TGS. But does anyone else think Todd's podcast isn't the same when it doesn't have a second, strong comedian for Todd to bounce off of? When it's the family shows, or he has certain guests (let's be honest: the ones we've never heard of), the show just seems... slow. I mean, I sort of think Todd Glass is the George Lucas of comedy podcasts. Someone needs to be there to counter him, because his idea of being in control or on top of things is questionable.

Ultimately what bothers me about the show is when Todd either responds to any sort of negative point with "then don't listen to the show," or when he cites the comment of one listener as though that one person speaks for all of us. Usually he does it whenever I feel the opposite way about something, which is kinda funny. But just recently he mentioned how he had Aristotle note when the actual show show starts, and one listener had to email him or something saying, "Todd, you don't have to do that. We listen to the whole thing." SHUT THE gently caress UP, OTHER LISTENER. YOU ALWAYS DO THIS. This isn't the first time Todd's done this, but this particular one is annoying because honestly I appreciated being able to skip to the good part. When Todd gets preachy it does nothing for me. He has good points, but I'm mostly going to agree with him and I think all the people listening to the podcast typically do. So it's 45 minutes of "you shouldn't hit your kids." I don't want to tell him NOT to do that part, but I really don't care to listen to it. I'm already dead set on hitting my kids.

Basically I think the best episodes are whenever he has a guest on that points out when he turns into some crazy dictator with his podcast. Beyond that, it's nice just to have another person there with enough presence to actually counteract Todd.

It also bothers me that Todd really loves Family Guy for dragging jokes on way too long. Of all the parts of the show to love...

Mr. Squishy
Mar 22, 2010

A country where you can always get richer.
I can't imagine being a regular listener to TGS. I listen to 40 minutes of any episode with PFT, Adomian and leave the rest alone for those exact reasons.

Apoplexy
Mar 9, 2003

by Shine
Patton was also on YMIW and revealed a few ways in which he and I are soul mates. It's Gemcraft.

RoyKeen
Jul 24, 2007

Grimey Drawer
I really like Todd Glass but get tired of him pretty quickly. I love his early episodes of the TGS. Especially any episode with Rory Scovil.

One thing to remember about Todd is he has dislexyia and or some other learning disability. I think that's why he's slow to pick up on other jokes and also why he likes to stop and analyze bits as they're happening and draw things out. I don't mean any of this as a slight it's what makes his comedy funny and wouldn't be Todd Glass without it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Apoplexy
Mar 9, 2003

by Shine
Patton Oswalt will make me listen to ANYTHING if he's on it. This TGS with him rules hard. He plugged Goon-loved The Dollop podcast, too, for what anyone caring about that cares.

• Locked thread