Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Henchman of Santa
Aug 21, 2010
One of those was the TV IV but it's not really surprising there either.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Zipperelli.
Apr 3, 2011

Nap Ghost

Tracula posted:

Look where the article is from, bro :thejoke:. Assuming you're not joking, this is a good post for Literally Unbelievable.

Sorry, I'll start putting [satire] tags on my posts...

Tracula
Mar 26, 2010

PLEASE LEAVE

EZipperelli posted:

Sorry, I'll start putting [satire] tags on my posts...

My bad there admittedly. I'm just used to goons being very 'beep boop what is humor' about things.

cuber
Dec 29, 2011
These white people AREN'T RACIST OKAY. QUIT PLAYING THE RACE CARD.

extra:

Henchman of Santa
Aug 21, 2010

cuber posted:

These white people AREN'T RACIST OKAY. QUIT PLAYING THE RACE CARD.

extra:

God, anytime someone says they went to "The School of Hard Knocks" they are literally the worst. Also the only time I've heard "moon cricket" is in Black Dynamite. How antique is that slur?

TrekBek
Mar 27, 2013

slug life
is "naggers" another thing I can blame South Park for inflicting on the human race?

Henchman of Santa
Aug 21, 2010
Yes.

cuber
Dec 29, 2011
I forgot about the south park thing. And here I thought he figured out this n-word loophole all on his own.

BonHair
Apr 28, 2007

Freep has also been using 'naggers' for a while, so it's definitely not racist, since they aren't democRats.

Also why can't white people hang out in groups wearing white robes when black people can be in gangs and wear baggy pants?

Cygna
Mar 6, 2009

The ghost of a god is no man.

What is this even trying to say? What's a "crusle"?

ArchRanger
Mar 19, 2007
I'm tired of following my dreams, I'm just gonna ask where they're goin' and meet up with 'em there.

Ratspeaker posted:

I'm thinking 'crucial' maybe? No idea what they're talking about though.

Zipperelli.
Apr 3, 2011

Nap Ghost

Ratspeaker posted:

It would appear that he/she is referring to police/fire/EMS. We justify things to the department by our "response time" and, all things considered, response time is crucial in things like cardiac arrest, etc.

Makes sense that you call 911, and no one shows up for 15-20 minutes, you think that you're being ignored or that your call is irrelevant.

... Could be wrong, but that's my best guess.

Olanphonia
Jul 27, 2006

I'm open to suggestions~

Ratspeaker posted:

I'll be honest, the spelling on that was so bad that it took me a good 10 seconds or so before I remembered how to spell 'crucial'.

Cygna
Mar 6, 2009

The ghost of a god is no man.
Oh, I was reading it as "Crustle," but that makes more sense. :japan:

cuber
Dec 29, 2011
Yeah, she was referring to the response time of the police to the scene.

Man of Many Pants
Jan 2, 2013
Man, I could sure go for some crustles right about now. I'd eat a whole bag of crustles i'm so hungry.

Segmentation Fault
Jun 7, 2012
I thought crustles came in cans.

Man of Many Pants
Jan 2, 2013
Maybe where you're from. Round these parts we take our crustles in bags.

EXAKT Science
Aug 14, 2012

8 on the Kinsey scale
I like to put them on my sandwiches for a nice crustley texture.

That70sHeidi
Aug 16, 2009

bonestructure
Sep 25, 2008

by Ralp

:stonk:

I must be misunderstanding this. I have to be.

Gimnbo
Feb 13, 2012

e m b r a c e
t r a n q u i l i t y

Looks like they're using the magic wand as an electrolarynx.

Maker Of Shoes
Sep 4, 2006

AWWWW YISSSSSSSSSS
DIS IS MAH JAM!!!!!!

hahahahahahaha Oh my god. For all the embarrassing pictures of me my parents love to pass around during gatherings this single thing will haunt them forever. Bless the internet. :allears:

Staryberry
Oct 16, 2009

That picture reminds me of this PSA:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qKHeXC7L85s

Mekchu
Apr 10, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
So this is video game related but pertains to social media in the sense that YouTube is a "social media platform" and what not.

Jim Sterling, a reviewer for Escapist Magazine and some other sites, put out a video of him doing a first impressions of a game called Slaughtering Grounds. It wasn't that good of a game and had a lot of bugs and issues. It has since been removed from YouTube, the reason?

The developer wasn't too pleased and put out a video reviewing Jim Sterlings review, with bitter stuff like "because I (Jim Sterling) am a loving idiot" etc.

Jim then decided to put out his reaction to that video, laughing it off the whole time.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WT0GSPxf0vw

Then these developers put out another review, of the review of the review of Jim's first review, taking more pot shots. They went as far as to say that because they bought and used other people's assets from various communities, they were supporting indie games while Jim Sterling was simply a leech stealing their IP etc. by making a YouTube video.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lXcPiy9g4UQ

Then, the developers got really upset by Jim Sterling making his weekly "Jimquisition" subject focused on the whole ordeal. The developers then sent a DMCA notification to YouTube, giving The Escapist and Jim Sterling's two YouTube channels copyright strikes putting them into poor standing. Aside from the seemingly bogus reason to send a DMCA take down notice to a review of a product, consider this: Jim Sterling's YouTube channel is partnered with Maker Studios who were bought by Disney earlier this year. The developers seem to be keen on having the DMCA claim go to court, at least that's what their forum post on their Steam page implies.

http://steamcommunity.com/app/329950/discussions/4/613941122760072477/

Jim Sterling's summary of the events - http://www.escapistmagazine.com/videos/view/jimquisition/9884-The-Slaughtering-Grounds-Developer-Meltdown

Meme Poker Party
Sep 1, 2006

by Azathoth
Developer make lovely game, is idiot. News at 11.

A Fancy 400 lbs
Jul 24, 2008
Yeah, but watching an indie game dev try to launch a copyright lawsuit against motherfucking Disney, the kings of copyright, is gonna be loving hilarious.

Crain
Jun 27, 2007

I had a beer once with Stephen Miller and now I like him.

I also tried to ban someone from a Discord for pointing out what an unrelenting shithead I am! I'm even dumb enough to think it worked!

A Fancy 400 lbs posted:

Yeah, but watching an indie game dev try to launch a copyright lawsuit against motherfucking Disney, the kings of copyright, is gonna be loving hilarious.

It's not going anywhere. Mr. Burn's lawyer is going to show up at their door, quickly explain that they've already bought their company and sold it off for $15 to a Russian in Siberia, the proceed to collect all they own, and leave them with 10 cents for their trouble.

Tracula
Mar 26, 2010

PLEASE LEAVE

Chomp8645 posted:

Developer make lovely game, is idiot. News at 11.

It's just amusing how much this crap has happened now. Earth Year 2066, Day One Garry's Incident, Slaughtering Grounds and probably another few I forgot.

Don Gato
Apr 28, 2013

Actually a bipedal cat.
Grimey Drawer

Tracula posted:

It's just amusing how much this crap has happened now. Earth Year 2066, Day One Garry's Incident, Slaughtering Grounds and probably another few I forgot.

How can you forget about Paranautical Activity which was pulled because the dev sent a death threat to Gabe Newell and then was surprised when Valve responded by pulling his game? Or Phil Fish. Not any game he's made, just in general.

Finisher1
Feb 21, 2008

Don Gato posted:

Or Phil Fish. Not any game he's made, just in general.

This guy could fill up an entire thread.

cage-free egghead
Mar 8, 2004

And of course a host of other rape apologists calling the kid an idiot. Lady was married, picked him up and brought him to a middle school parking lot, blows him multiple times and then asks for sex and he declined.

The Shame Boy
Jan 27, 2014

Dead weight, just like this post.

Where were professional cheerleaders like this when i was in school? :argh:

GOTTA STAY FAI
Mar 24, 2005

~no glitter in the gutter~
~no twilight galaxy~
College Slice

Lblitzer posted:

And of course a host of other rape apologists calling the kid an idiot. Lady was married, picked him up and brought him to a middle school parking lot, blows him multiple times and then asks for sex and he declined.

Hurr hurr, where were those girls when we were in school?

edit: noooooooooo

spog
Aug 7, 2004

It's your own bloody fault.

GOTTA STAY FAI posted:

Hurr hurr, where were those girls when we were in school?

edit: noooooooooo

Apparently, they were in the parking lot.

Arsonist Daria
Feb 27, 2011

Requiescat in pace.

Finisher1 posted:

This guy could fill up an entire thread.

Phil Fish is great and gently caress anyone who says otherwise.

Pilchenstein
May 17, 2012

So your plan is for half of us to die?

Hot Rope Guy

Lumberjack Bonanza posted:

Phil Fish is great and gently caress anyone who says otherwise.

I think everybody can sympathise with that sentiment. :v:

Tracula
Mar 26, 2010

PLEASE LEAVE
I honestly still like Phil Fish. He does get pretty hot-headed on Twitter but overall it's really, really harmless in the grand scheme of things compared to all the other horrible poo poo that game devs and gamers do.

Arsonist Daria
Feb 27, 2011

Requiescat in pace.

Tracula posted:

I honestly still like Phil Fish. He does get pretty hot-headed on Twitter but overall it's really, really harmless in the grand scheme of things compared to all the other horrible poo poo that game devs and gamers do.

Phil Fish is definitely a dumb rear end in a top hat, but I think a lot of the criticism against him is unearned. He's got fair points about how much people on the Internet suck, more than the "broken clock" analogy would entitle any given idiot to.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

1stGear
Jan 16, 2010

Here's to the new us.
Phil Fish canceled a game because people made fun of him on Twitter. On the other hand, wasn't he one of the people supporting Zoe Quinn during that whole debacle?

This is also a pretty great quote.

• Locked thread