Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Holyshoot
May 6, 2010
He was also a Hollywood producer or something in Entourage.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dr Jankenstein
Aug 6, 2009

Hold the newsreader's nose squarely, waiter, or friendly milk will countermand my trousers.

bobkatt013 posted:

This show is a device used to put a terrible Katy Sagal cover over a montage.

Am I the only one that actually unironically likes Katey Sagal's singing? She does a fantastic cover of Bird on a Wire that surprisingly, to my knowledge hasn't been featured on SoA. Birds, wires, leonard cohen as sung by katey segal, sounds like it was designed for this show. She's no virtuoso, but she's not horrible either.

Being able to stop watching the screen and listen for 3-10 mintes an episode is the best part of this show outside of Nero right now.

insideoutsider
Aug 31, 2003

You want a van? I get you a van.
Has anybody here gone through and predicted a full list of character deaths yet?

Jax: Dead (finale)
Gemma: Alive
Nero: Dead (before finale)
Wendy: Dead (overdose before finale)
Juice: Dead (before finale)
Abel: Alive (but dead inside)
Thomas: Tiny baby
Tig: Dead (finale)
Chibbs: Dead (dies in the female cops arms)
Chuckie: ALIVE GOD DAMMIT!
Unser: Alive and well (gets a doctor's note about cancer going into remission during the final montage)
Happy: Dead (before finale)
Ratoy: Dead (before finale)

So if my predictions are right, Gemma, Wayne, Chuckie and the two young boys ride off into the sunset together. Final shot is of Abel's demonic face as the SOA logo floods the screen.

Agent Burt Macklin
Jul 3, 2003

Macklin, you son of a bitch
Jax is going to live or die some sort of hero's death that echo's that of JT, thus setting Able on the same road.

Rupert Buttermilk
Apr 15, 2007

🚣RowboatMan: ❄️Freezing time🕰️ is an old P.I. 🥧trick...

I honestly doubt we're going to get any sort of payoff whatsoever. Maybe one or two characters dying. I just think that if they were going to be killing off a lot of them, they would have started earlier than last episode.

smg77
Apr 27, 2007

Holyshoot posted:

He was also a Hollywood producer or something in Entourage.

He was a coked out Hollywood producer who shot himself in the face in Entourage. It was his best role.

Fetus Tree
Feb 2, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 2 years!

Rupert Buttermilk posted:

they would have started earlier than last episode.

they did tho

Grittykitty
Aug 10, 2004
Sand makes it scratchy
Soiled Meat
I've only got two predictions for the rest of the season.

1) Nero is going to get killed somehow and never make it to the farm. It's going to be one of those lovely scenes where Gemma will be waiting for him to either pick her up or to say goodbye, and he won't ever show up because he's dead. She will ask around if anyone has seen Nero until Unser finally breaks the bad news to her. It will be the Chinese that kill him which leads to Gemma to talk to herself again while Able is lurking nearby.

2) There will be a flash forward 20 years with Able sitting at the head of the table which will still be located above an ice cream shop.

Last Buffalo
Nov 7, 2011
Jax will be on death row for a bazillion murders, but he'll get a presidential pardon because Obama wants to "keep Charming whole."

Agent Burt Macklin
Jul 3, 2003

Last Buffalo posted:

Jax will be on death row for a bazillion murders, but he'll get a presidential pardon because Obama wants to "keep Charming whole."

Obama was a teacher, remembers Jax from high school.

Ghostpilot
Jun 22, 2007

"As a rule, I never touch anything more sophisticated and delicate than myself."

Grittykitty posted:

I've only got two predictions for the rest of the season.

1) Nero is going to get killed somehow and never make it to the farm. It's going to be one of those lovely scenes where Gemma will be waiting for him to either pick her up or to say goodbye, and he won't ever show up because he's dead. She will ask around if anyone has seen Nero until Unser finally breaks the bad news to her. It will be the Chinese that kill him which leads to Gemma to talk to herself again while Able is lurking nearby.

2) There will be a flash forward 20 years with Able sitting at the head of the table which will still be located above an ice cream shop.

I'm fully expecting a "bought the farm" joke from the show whenever Nero dies.

Last Buffalo posted:

I think there's been a higher body count this season than the entire run of Dexter, and that was a show in which the main character was a serial killer.

Shadow
Jun 25, 2002

Last Buffalo posted:

:lol:

eckoelab
Apr 7, 2005

we are chaos in motion
well, seeing how this show is loosely based off of Hamlet, we can kinda get a glimpse as to how this is all going down.

bring back old gbs
Feb 28, 2007

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

DrProsek posted:

He was also in Resident Evil Afterlife, which I'd say at this point is also better than SoA. I'm at work right now and can't youtube, but I'd be very grateful if someone could find a video of that ridiculous fight scene with his character, Milla Jovovich's character and I believe Albert Wesker.

Hah! I was trying to remember the other time I saw Tig in a movie, and this was it.

Fetus Tree
Feb 2, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 2 years!

eckoelab posted:

well, seeing how this show is loosely based off of Hamlet, we can kinda get a glimpse as to how this is all going down.

i dont know a drat thing about hamlet other than there must be a shitload of rape and murder in it

Pixelante
Mar 16, 2006

You people will by God act like a team, or at least like people who know each other, or I'll incinerate the bunch of you here and now.
Sometimes I wonder if the kid who played Half-Sack knew what was coming and bailed before it got ugly.

Fetus Tree
Feb 2, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 2 years!

Pixelante posted:

Sometimes I wonder if the kid who played Half-Sack knew what was coming and bailed before it got ugly.

quote:

On September 26, 2012, Lewis and his 81-year-old landlady, Catherine Davis (known by most of her tenants as “Miss Cathy"), were found dead at Davis' home, called the Writers Villa, located at 3605 Lowry Road in the Los Feliz area of Los Angeles, California.[10] Officers from the Los Angeles Police Department (LAPD) found Lewis' body on the home's driveway.[11] Davis was found dead inside the villa, which appeared to have been ransacked. Broken glass and a dead cat were found inside, as well.[6] Davis' death was investigated as a homicide, in which Lewis was a suspect, and it is now determined that Lewis broke into the house, murdered Davis, and killed her cat. According to multiple reports, police were called to the scene after neighbors heard the 81-year-old woman screaming.[11]

Neighbors told police they saw a man jump the fence on the Davis property, assault a painter and a homeowner next door, then jump back over the fence.[11] According to the LAPD, Lewis then either fell or jumped from the roof, garage, or patio of Davis' villa.[11][12][13][14] An autopsy report released on November 29, 2012 stated that Lewis did not have any drugs or alcohol in his system when he died. Lewis had a history of drug abuse, leading to speculation by his attorney that the actor may have suffered a drug-induced psychosis when he allegedly killed his landlady

seems pretty ugly still

it also seems like something that could happen on any given episode of SoA. maybe he was really just predicting the future

bring back old gbs
Feb 28, 2007

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

Pixelante posted:

"Hey, this show's starting to stink better get killed off!"

*murders old lady irl*

^^^beat me to it, dang

Pixelante
Mar 16, 2006

You people will by God act like a team, or at least like people who know each other, or I'll incinerate the bunch of you here and now.
I completely forgot about that. I still like the idea that he was sitting next to a drunk Sutter at some point, listening to how the show was going to play out and said NOPE. I do remember reading that Sutter had plans for his plot with Cherry, which ended up getting shoved aside for more baby ridiculousness. Season 3 really was the tipping point.

chesh
Apr 19, 2004

That was terrible.
Many, many pages ago someone had posted this link to a Rolling Stone story on Sutter and SoA, and I just wanted to point out that it contains three loving paragraphs of the writers trying to figure out how to gouge out an eyeball that ends with this gem(ma) of enlightenment:

"Finally, Sutter jumps back in. "Let's just look up 'cartel torture' and see how they removed eyeballs, OK?" And that's where the matter is left."

High Lord Elbow
Jun 21, 2013

"You can sit next to Elvira."
My prediction? All the lovely stalling is a hedge while Sutter wheedles for a surprise eighth season.

God help us all.

smg77
Apr 27, 2007

High Lord Elbow posted:

My prediction? All the lovely stalling is a hedge while Sutter wheedles for a surprise eighth season.

God help us all.

You're a monster.

Fetus Tree
Feb 2, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 2 years!

High Lord Elbow posted:

God help us all. Ghost Pilot

vyst
Aug 25, 2009

Fetus Tree posted:

seems pretty ugly still

it also seems like something that could happen on any given episode of SoA. maybe he was really just predicting the future

Blood in, blood out.

Ransom
Jan 8, 2001

JOLLY RAPIST

Kelly posted:

Obama was a teacher, remembers Jax from high school.

It all makes sense. Obama was all Joe Clark and took him up to the roof and was all "You want to mess around and ride motorcycles and sell guns just go ahead and jump off the roof!" Thats why Jax is always on the roof when he is feeling introspective.

Agent Burt Macklin
Jul 3, 2003

Ransom posted:

It all makes sense. Obama was all Joe Clark and took him up to the roof and was all "You want to mess around and ride motorcycles and sell guns just go ahead and jump off the roof!" Thats why Jax is always on the roof when he is feeling introspective.

This is an amazing response to what I wrote because oddly enough, I grew up next door to Joe Clark and his track star kids.

BrandonGK
May 6, 2005

Throw it out the airlock.

Pixelante posted:

I do remember reading that Sutter had plans for his plot with Cherry, which ended up getting shoved aside for more baby ridiculousness.

Let me guess the plan didn't involve Cherry living a long, happy rape-free life.

BrandonGK fucked around with this message at 05:04 on Nov 11, 2014

mewse
May 2, 2006

BrandonGK posted:

Let me gues the plan didn't involve Cherry living a long, happy rape-free life.

Do you think andrew weiner would let one of his characters not get raped?

mewse
May 2, 2006

chesh posted:

Many, many pages ago someone had posted this link to a Rolling Stone story on Sutter and SoA, and I just wanted to point out that it contains three loving paragraphs of the writers trying to figure out how to gouge out an eyeball that ends with this gem(ma) of enlightenment:

"Finally, Sutter jumps back in. "Let's just look up 'cartel torture' and see how they removed eyeballs, OK?" And that's where the matter is left."

You did us a huge disservice by not c/ping the rest of that glowing article

"And that's where the matter is left. It'd be easy enough to just go with, say, the grapefruit spoon and call it a day. Who would care? But that's not how Sutter operates. He cares. He cares very deeply, and darkly, which is what has led to all the many singular delights the show has delivered"

CloFan
Nov 6, 2004

mewse posted:

singular delights

Pikehead
Dec 3, 2006

Looking for WMDs, PM if you have A+ grade stuff
Fun Shoe

Junior G-man posted:

Somehow I have a terrible feeling that Sutter will find some way for the Sons to come out on top. With Jax still as President and finally at the bottom of this.

The president will get kidnapped in charming, and only Jax is man enough to save him.

JHomer722
Jul 30, 2006

And you, you ridiculous people, you expect me to help you.

Remember when Unser helped cover up Juice's murder of a random Chinese hotel worker? Why all the concern for Lin?

Kibayasu
Mar 28, 2010

JHomer722 posted:

Remember when Unser helped cover up Juice's murder of a random Chinese hotel worker? Why all the concern for Lin?

There's been enough killing. But not enough to actually get tell the police about it.

Rupert Buttermilk
Apr 15, 2007

🚣RowboatMan: ❄️Freezing time🕰️ is an old P.I. 🥧trick...

I'm watching Twin Peaks right now and it legitimately makes more sense, log lady and all, than this show.

"Bro, that gum you like? S'comin back in style."

Pikehead
Dec 3, 2006

Looking for WMDs, PM if you have A+ grade stuff
Fun Shoe

JHomer722 posted:

Some random civilian getting killed is bad, but nothing will come of it. If Lin dies, the chinese will retaliate. Honestly, what's one more dead civilian at this point?

CODChimera
Jan 29, 2009

High Lord Elbow posted:

God help us all.

Just imagine how hard an 8th season would be to get through.

Fetus Tree
Feb 2, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 2 years!
Im not watching a fuckin 8th season, thats for drat sure

Electric_Mud
May 31, 2011

>10 THRUST "ROBO_COX"
>20 GOTO 10
But bro, that'll be the season they get to the bottom of things and bring it to the table.

Agent Burt Macklin
Jul 3, 2003

I am re-watching the pilot and this is like a different show. And not in a bad way - you know how a lot of times the pilot of shows is so awful you are embarrassed for the show? (like Parks and Rec)

This is the exact opposite - I'm embarrassed for the show NOW.

Also, I am fairly convinced that Chibbs had a stroke or something at some point. He speaks with barely an accent in the first episode and is perfectly understandable.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fetus Tree
Feb 2, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 2 years!
it concerns me i can understand chibbs perfectly.

then again im from boston and nobody can talk right here either

• Locked thread