Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Literal Nazi Furry
Jan 27, 2008

Swastika - Helvetica - Ikea
Last night I dreamt of Adolf searching for Anne.
I lay on my back
standing alone in the corner watching the girls dance.

I'm on crystal meth.
I piss in my pants.

if only I saved the seed :(
Isaac went down in 5 seconds

Literal Nazi Furry fucked around with this message at 00:22 on Nov 11, 2014

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

gamingCaffeinator
Sep 6, 2010

I shall sing you the song of my people.

MCXD posted:

I think Pin only appears in the Cellar in Rebirth (as with Widow).

What are all the Basement bosses? I know I've seen Monstro, Larry, Dingle, The Gurglings, Gemini/Steven, and the Duke of Flies. Am i missing any there?

Magres
Jul 14, 2011

Tracula posted:

Honestly I'd say that Rebirth has significantly fewer trash-tier items compared to BoI and especially Wrath.

It's Wrath has a lot of useless items that are not "I am strictly worse off with this than if i had skipped it." I made a habit of picking up everything I saw drop in Wrath (spacebar items aside because you can only have one) and there were no items that just completely crippled me the way poo poo like Soy Milk and Eve's Mascara do.

Also: gently caress gently caress gently caress gently caress gently caress gently caress gently caress gently caress bomb spiders. I hate them so, so much.

Relyssa
Jul 29, 2012

gamingCaffeinator posted:

What are all the Basement bosses? I know I've seen Monstro, Larry, Dingle, The Gurglings, Gemini/Steven, and the Duke of Flies. Am i missing any there?

Famine if the Horsemen are unlocked. Otherwise that's all of em.

Not Al-Qaeda
Mar 20, 2012
Just got the i am error room for the first time with telepills. Only treasure map tho :(

SuccinctAndPunchy
Mar 29, 2013

People are supposed to get hurt by things. It's fucked up to not. It's not good for you.

Alabaster White posted:

Do you know if seeds work? I'm going to kill myself if I have to keep resetting for Mullibooms :shepicide:

I don't, no. I did mine proper.

PostNouveau
Sep 3, 2011

VY till I die
Grimey Drawer
Welp, just did the specific deaths and didn't unlock The Lost. Are there criteria other than the specific deaths? Like, do I need to unlock the missing poster or do I need to beat The Lamb or some other boss?

Did it with seeded runs too, so maybe that doesn't work.

Alkydere
Jun 7, 2010
Capitol: A building or complex of buildings in which any legislature meets.
Capital: A city designated as a legislative seat by the government or some other authority, often the city in which the government is located; otherwise the most important city within a country or a subdivision of it.

Logan 5 posted:

How to break the Dark Bum even further: Life Savings and the Bloody Penny trinket.

:getin:

Don't forget: Hematosis pills when you're at 1 or less red heart containers, Child's Heart (makes heart spawns more common), or the Humbling Bundle (makes all bomb, key, coin and heart drops from that point on into double drops).

juggalo baby coffin
Dec 2, 2007

How would the dog wear goggles and even more than that, who makes the goggles?

The soul converter is amazing with dark bum too. Turn those soul hearts into heart containers.

drunken officeparty
Aug 23, 2006

Agent Kool-Aid posted:

honestly i'm kind of sad that you're way less likely to see meat boy or bandage girl this time around. it was a cool series of upgrades.

You're crazy. Getting a meat cube or two or three every single run was boring.

What are the little stationary tentacle things that show up in the womb? Is it even possible for them to damage you?

drunken officeparty fucked around with this message at 00:41 on Nov 11, 2014

LazyMaybe
Aug 18, 2013

oouagh
Only if you run into them, they're just meatshields/things to keep the bouncing skulls alive.

By the way apparently ipecac sets your tear damage stat really really high alongside making them explode, so if you get tech 2 afterwards you just shred enemies. Especially if you also become guppy.

Tracula
Mar 26, 2010

PLEASE LEAVE
How does blue fly and spider damage scale? I've had them get so absurdly powerful that even with my tears doing decent damage they've annihilated every room in the chest, including ???, in about ten seconds max.

LazyMaybe
Aug 18, 2013

oouagh
In the original flies did double the damage of your tears and it's probably the same here. I'm not positive about spiders, they may be stronger.

Magres
Jul 14, 2011
One thing I miss from the original: The ending music. Jesus Loves Me This I Know all slowed down and out of tune was delightfully disconcerting.

Color Printer
May 9, 2011

You get used to it. I don't
even see the code. All I see
is Ipecac, Scapular, Polyphemus...

Magres posted:

One thing I miss from the original: The ending music. Jesus Loves Me This I Know all slowed down and out of tune was delightfully disconcerting.

When the creepy trailer music showed up on the soundtrack (Jesus Loves Uke) I thought it was gonna show up on the credits after a certain point like the original did. It didn't. :(

fuepi
Feb 6, 2011

by FactsAreUseless
I unlocked the cellar after killing that boss that sort of looks like a Diglett that was crafted out of 3 fetuses. It was a random room boss, I've never seen it in the boss room.

Sanctum
Feb 14, 2005

Property was their religion
A church for one
I think I'll play hard to unlock the remaining items and then never again. Having a single key drop through all of the basement, caves, and depths is bullshit and unfun. There's some satisfaction in clawing your way to a victory despite the game screwing you, but getting cool items is what keeps the game varied and fresh.

flyboi
Oct 13, 2005

agg stop posting
College Slice
The Cellar unlock requires killing Gemini both small first and big first. At least, that's what I've read. Of course after reading that I've yet to run into Gemini again :argh:

Tracula
Mar 26, 2010

PLEASE LEAVE

Magres posted:

This, Mom's old voice and the old dime sound effect are the things I miss the most.

Oxyclean
Sep 23, 2007

Haha, just destroyed "When Life Gives you Lemons" thanks to a devil deal for Mom's Knife, and then Krampus dropping his head.

Literal Nazi Furry
Jan 27, 2008

Swastika - Helvetica - Ikea
Last night I dreamt of Adolf searching for Anne.
I lay on my back
standing alone in the corner watching the girls dance.

I'm on crystal meth.
I piss in my pants.
Only thing I miss is the shop music. Greed was an amazing track for the shops and I'm sad to see it gone.

Kawalimus
Jan 17, 2008

Better Living Through Birding And Pessimism

Sanctum posted:

I think I'll play hard to unlock the remaining items and then never again. Having a single key drop through all of the basement, caves, and depths is bullshit and unfun. There's some satisfaction in clawing your way to a victory despite the game screwing you, but getting cool items is what keeps the game varied and fresh.

I agree hard mode is just annoying. If they would up the drop rate slightly I think it would be more fun. There should be a happy medium between the ridiculously good drop rate in normal and the absolutely horrible one on hard. Vanilla Isaac I think had a consumable drop rate that was pretty much perfect.

Cuntpunch
Oct 3, 2003

A monkey in a long line of kings
Hilarious Azazel Seed:

Krampus died in a single attack just now. This being before I've even left the Basement.

Kawalimus
Jan 17, 2008

Better Living Through Birding And Pessimism
I've unlocked Lost(didn't take long at all really!) but I doubt I'm going to cheese it with the cat thing, I'll just wait till it's fixed. It seems like something that would be fun to try after exhausting the other content. And I bet getting late into that will be tense as gently caress, which are my favorite kind of runs in Isaac.

Alkydere
Jun 7, 2010
Capitol: A building or complex of buildings in which any legislature meets.
Capital: A city designated as a legislative seat by the government or some other authority, often the city in which the government is located; otherwise the most important city within a country or a subdivision of it.

Hahahaha, Magnetic Bouncing Shots.

I could try to make my ricochets home into enemies OR I could make my enemies home into my shots. Decisions, decisions. :v:

Manatee Cannon
Aug 26, 2010

Last run my very first item was the Satanic Bible. I never had less than 13 10 health after that, outside of It Lives where I just face tanked the fight. Are there any other no hit achievements after Mama's Boy? Apparently I got that at some point and never noticed.

edit: dunno why I thought 15 was max health

Manatee Cannon fucked around with this message at 01:20 on Nov 11, 2014

LazyMaybe
Aug 18, 2013

oouagh
There is one for chest/dark room but it's broken so you can't get it.

Logan 5
Jan 29, 2007

Bash -> To the Cop
So in Rebirth they tried to make the D6 not as broken since it now takes 6 rooms to charge.

Except that if you have a blank card and a Perthro Rune you basically have the D6 with only 4 charges :v:

Ariong
Jun 25, 2012

Any tips for suicide king? How do you use the projectile effectively?

Irony Be My Shield
Jul 29, 2012

I'm pretty sure the Blank Card is supposed to be insanely good, I mean pair it with Hierophant and it's like a triple Book of Revelations. Does it really work with runes? You could get some pretty incredible results off a Jera.

Tendales
Mar 9, 2012

Ariong posted:

Any tips for suicide king? How do you use the projectile effectively?

I lucked out and found an early whip worm, which made the projectiles fly on a manageably low arc.

Other than that, you just kind of have to get a feel for how far away you have to be so that the projectile hasn't raised high enough to fly over the enemy's head, but is still far enough away that the blast doesn't get you. And then you have to get a feel for how your momentum when you shoot fucks with it.

Logan 5
Jan 29, 2007

Bash -> To the Cop

Irony Be My Shield posted:

I'm pretty sure the Blank Card is supposed to be insanely good, I mean pair it with Hierophant and it's like a triple Book of Revelations. Does it really work with runes? You could get some pretty incredible results off a Jera.

Yes, it does work with runes, and pills for that matter I believe. I'm actually using the Hierophant right now for the Family Man challenge, pretty sure I got this.

Oxyclean
Sep 23, 2007

Walking hosts are a loving stupid enemy. Yes please, just walk at me and never expose your weak point, thanks.

Davincie
Jul 7, 2008

is sissy long legs broken? never seen it spawn a spider and used it during 2 full runs

a bloody icon
Apr 22, 2012

Walking hosts are easy if you understand the rules. They won't fire at you if you're too close to them and they won't fire at you if you're out of range, just strafe around them from about one tile away and they're a breeze.

The Haunt seems like an absurdly difficult boss for the first floor, but maybe that's just because that was my first time fighting it :(

ThePhenomenalBaby
May 3, 2011
I miss the old credits sequence that listed every enemy in the game SMW style. Bring that back I don't give a gently caress about nicalis

Oxyclean
Sep 23, 2007

a bloody icon posted:

Walking hosts are easy if you understand the rules. They won't fire at you if you're too close to them and they won't fire at you if you're out of range, just strafe around them from about one tile away and they're a breeze.

Except strafting around them is nearly impossible in that one caves room with the turrets.

RatHat
Dec 31, 2007

A tiny behatted rat👒🐀!

Davincie posted:

is sissy long legs broken? never seen it spawn a spider and used it during 2 full runs

She spawns spiders when she gets close to enemies I think.

VDay
Jul 2, 2003

I'm Pacman Jones!

a bloody icon posted:

The Haunt seems like an absurdly difficult boss for the first floor, but maybe that's just because that was my first time fighting it :(

The Haunt is actually really easy once you kind of get a pattern down for beating him. It's a little hard to explain but I might make a video about it.

You want to stay in about the center of the room while strafing ahead of him so that you completely avoid the tear spread attack. The trick is keeping a sort of mental timer going in your head of when he's about to attack and "jumping" across his body to the other side so that you avoid getting squeezed into the walls and hit by the brimstone beam. Like I said it's a bit hard to accurately describe but once you get the motion down his attacks are fairly easy to dodge and he's easily hit since his movement speed doesn't change.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Vakal
May 11, 2008
ET9A
Y93L

Pyromaniac and Kamikaze Vest. Fun times.