Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
will I later regret not putting effort into this poll?
Yes
No
View Results

• Locked thread
coyo7e
Aug 23, 2007

by zen death robot

Christoff posted:

One is 500 head shots which in this game is just pure luck lol
I dunno, I get a hell of a lot of headshots on purpose, got 3 in a row the other night, on three enemies who raced down the same corridor and I just zoomed in and popped a couple 3-shot bursts and dropped them all with headshots.

Besides, you should be getting at least a 10% headshot rate on kills just by sheer chance.

Silencers help with getting headshots as well.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bumper Stickup
Jan 7, 2012

Mmm... Offshore Toast!

Grimey Drawer
I just want to say that I run Gung Ho with the wubstep shotgun and I've gotten way more kills with it than without.

Also everybody runs silencers in free for all. Parabolic microphone is king in that mode.

Knifegrab
Jul 30, 2014

Gadzooks! I'm terrified of this little child who is going to stab me with a knife. I must wrest the knife away from his control and therefore gain the upperhand.
^^^ Fair enough, I don't play FFA because I'm not gutter trash. (I play FFA all I time I just run knifey, broken builds so sound don't matta).

Fibby Boy posted:

I just want to say that I run Gung Ho with the wubstep shotgun and I've gotten way more kills with it than without.

DId you ever really run without it? I will post screenshots when I get home to illustrate what I mean. THe biggest question in regards to teh wubstep is, does it work based on a pellet like system? Or is its accuracy a misinterpreation of it just really being a single wide projectile?

Pork Pie Hat
Apr 27, 2011

Knifegrab posted:

^^^ Fair enough, I don't play FFA because I'm not gutter trash. (I play FFA all I time I just run knifey, broken builds so sound don't matta).

DId you ever really run without it? I will post screenshots when I get home to illustrate what I mean. THe biggest question in regards to teh wubstep is, does it work based on a pellet like system? Or is its accuracy a misinterpreation of it just really being a single wide projectile?

I'm pretty sure worrying about nerd stuff like that is the antithesis of the wubstep.

As is using 'antithesis', granted.

Knifegrab
Jul 30, 2014

Gadzooks! I'm terrified of this little child who is going to stab me with a knife. I must wrest the knife away from his control and therefore gain the upperhand.

Pork Pie Hat posted:

I'm pretty sure worrying about nerd stuff like that is the antithesis of the wubstep.

As is using 'antithesis', granted.

I cannot escape my own sperg, I am past the sperg-event-horizon.

Bumper Stickup
Jan 7, 2012

Mmm... Offshore Toast!

Grimey Drawer

Knifegrab posted:

Yes I ran without it. Wubstep was the weapon I spent the first 20 levels with just because I liked it so much. Being able to jet around and slide towards people without having to wait for the gun to come back up for hip fire is a world of difference. Being able to get a shot off before the other guy has raised his gun is a big difference maker in gun fights with it.

And I'm pretty sure it's just a single wide projectile while running. Only really turns into a cone when you're standing still.

eleven extra elephants
Feb 16, 2007

Menschliches! Allzumenschliches!!

:thumbsup:

Knifegrab
Jul 30, 2014

Fibby Boy posted:

Yes I ran without it. Wubstep was the weapon I spent the first 20 levels with just because I liked it so much. Being able to jet around and slide towards people without having to wait for the gun to come back up for hip fire is a world of difference. Being able to get a shot off before the other guy has raised his gun is a big difference maker in gun fights with it.

And I'm pretty sure it's just a single wide projectile while running. Only really turns into a cone when you're standing still.

Interesting, I will have to test this, its completely opposite of my experience with it. I also play it like a sneaky rear end in a top hat and almost never engage someone head on and when I do I feel like the time to bring it up from sprinting is less than half a second.

I'll look into it.

penis bandana
Aug 6, 2008

I mean, I'll admit that buying a CoD game every year is basically buying the same lovely game over and over, but buying the Halo collection is literally buying the same lovely game over and over.

Undead Muppet
Apr 29, 2007

Knifegrab posted:

Stims only will let you survive one more bullet maybe. What stims are good at is reducing your health recharge delay.

Actually I did some testing on this today on PS4 with split-screen and two controllers.

Exo Stim is CoD4's Juggernaut. Depending on the range and gun, it'll let you survive 1-2 extra body shots. And at long range, it will even let you survive what would normally be a lethal body shot from the MORS.

And the PC playerbase must be bizzaro world, because 90% of PS4 players use a silencer, making parabolic mic absolutely a worthwhile attachment.

Knifegrab
Jul 30, 2014

Undead Muppet posted:

Actually I did some testing on this today on PS4 with split-screen and two controllers.

Exo Stim is CoD4's Juggernaut. Depending on the range and gun, it'll let you survive 1-2 extra body shots. And at long range, it will even let you survive what would normally be a lethal body shot from the MORS.

And the PC playerbase must be bizzaro world, because 90% of PS4 players use a silencer, making parabolic mic absolutely a worthwhile attachment.

I think when aim is more important than positioning people don't feel the need to hide their minimpa position maybe? I dunno, I have not ran into a lot of silencers.

And yeah, stims own.

I Am Frick
Mar 26, 2004

The lesser half
of Frick and Frack
Patch is apparently live on PC. The kill requirements for camos at 500 have been hammered down to EIGHTY.

That's far, far better.

penis bandana
Aug 6, 2008
Yeah man camos are what I was concerned about.

Mustang
Jun 18, 2006

“We don’t really know where this goes — and I’m not sure we really care.”
Will that be retroactive? I should have every HBRa3 camo if it's down to 80

eleven extra elephants
Feb 16, 2007

Menschliches! Allzumenschliches!!

penis bandana posted:

I mean, I'll admit that buying a CoD game every year is basically buying the same lovely game over and over, but buying the Halo collection is literally buying the same lovely game over and over.

I've never played any Halo, lad

Thumbtacks
Apr 3, 2013

The Machinima Man posted:

Patch is apparently live on PC. The kill requirements for camos at 500 have been hammered down to EIGHTY.

That's far, far better.

oh gently caress thank god

Nostalgia4Butts
Jun 1, 2006

WHERE MY HOSE DRINKERS AT

What did you guys pick for your Prestige carryover? I'm really considering the Ameli.

penis bandana
Aug 6, 2008

FAT WORM OF ERROR posted:

I've never played any Halo, lad

Well you're probably in for a treat if you find out that you like Halo games then, kiddo.

E: they're usually pretty fun

penis bandana fucked around with this message at 01:03 on Nov 11, 2014

dreffen
Dec 3, 2005

MEDIOCRE, MORSOV!

FAT SLAMPIG posted:

What did you guys pick for your Prestige carryover? I'm really considering the Ameli.

just don't pick the level 50 launcher because for some reason it doesn't carry over and is still locked.

Knifegrab
Jul 30, 2014

FAT SLAMPIG posted:

First prestige: sac3
Second prestige: overcharged

]-[ate_Sandwich
Nov 27, 2000
Are most of you PC guys picking up games from the chatrooms? Almost nobody uses the mumble.

penis bandana
Aug 6, 2008

" posted:

-[ate_Sandwich" post="437511823"]
Are most of you PC guys picking up games from the chatrooms? Almost nobody uses the mumble.

Are your drivers up to date? I'd start there.

Knifegrab
Jul 30, 2014

" posted:

-[ate_Sandwich" post="437511823"]

We do but most of us won't be on for another couple hours, we all work.

I Am Frick
Mar 26, 2004

The lesser half
of Frick and Frack

FAT SLAMPIG posted:

Prestige 1: IMR (second to last assault rifle)
Prestige 2: AMR9 (final submachine gun)
Prestige 3: Streaker (final wildcard to run four kill streaks)

I chose Streaker the last time because I planned to level only with the Bal-23 for the third prestige, so no other unlocks are required.

Thumbtacks
Apr 3, 2013
They changed the dogfight medals for the EM1 to Bloodthirsty medals. That's excellent.

Cash Monet
Apr 5, 2009

Are the dual akimbo MGs any good outside of max style points?

Nostalgia4Butts
Jun 1, 2006

WHERE MY HOSE DRINKERS AT

Do you keep your prestiges through each playthrough? Like if you chose something for the first prestige, you still keep it after the 2nd prestige?

Wazzit
Jul 16, 2004

Who wants to play video games?
Planning on picking BAL for my first prestige and maybe low profile for my second prestige because what else am I supposed to use.

Fatty_McLumpkin
Sep 30, 2002

Oh I loooove going to the mooon ahaha ahhhahaaa
so wait.. if I prestige.. do I lose my supply drops too?

Atomic Robo-Kid
Aug 18, 2008

.Blast.Processing.

FAT SLAMPIG posted:

Do you keep your prestiges through each playthrough? Like if you chose something for the first prestige, you still keep it after the 2nd prestige?

I'm only Prestige 1, but Ghosts and Blops 2 did.

Moochewmoo
May 13, 2009
I just applied to Pillow Talk. US there any other way to find more goons to roll with on ps4?

Thumbtacks
Apr 3, 2013
Do you guys have any suggestions for emblems? My IGN is WeedDad420 because it somehow makes people angry

]-[ate_Sandwich
Nov 27, 2000

Knifegrab posted:

We do but most of us won't be on for another couple hours, we all work.

I work too but at most during primetime hours I think only 3 or 4 goons are in there at best.

Old Doggy Bastard
Dec 18, 2008

Thumbtacks posted:

Do you guys have any suggestions for emblems? My IGN is WeedDad420 because it somehow makes people angry

Man, that toally would have made me angry when I was a teenager because grrr drugs but now would make me angry because grrrr lack of effort. Make your emblem a baby head with a blunt.

Good name though, made me laugh.

Overbite
Jan 24, 2004

I'm a vtuber expert

Thumbtacks posted:

I saw a dude whos emblem was the word WEED in white on a black background, diagonally. Try that.

Antoine Silvere
Nov 25, 2008

Are these soap bubbles?
Grimey Drawer

" posted:

-[ate_Sandwich" post="437513183"]
I work too but at most during primetime hours I think only 3 or 4 goons are in there at best.

And we're like half the PC population so you gotta take what you can get :shrug:

I Am Frick
Mar 26, 2004

The lesser half
of Frick and Frack

FAT SLAMPIG posted:

Yes.

Wazzit posted:

Planning on picking BAL for my first prestige and maybe low profile for my second prestige because what else am I supposed to use.

BAL is a first-level unlock. Don't do this.

Fatty_McLumpkin posted:

so wait.. if I prestige.. do I lose my supply drops too?

Nope.

Thumbtacks
Apr 3, 2013

Old Doggy Bastard posted:

Man, that toally would have made me angry when I was a teenager because grrr drugs but now would make me angry because grrrr lack of effort. Make your emblem a baby head with a blunt.

Good name though, made me laugh.

Oh poo poo that's a good idea. Now if only I was good at art.

Old Doggy Bastard
Dec 18, 2008

Thumbtacks posted:

Oh poo poo that's a good idea. Now if only I was good at art.

Doing "#OBAMA" or "#POT" is low effort and will likely rile up some good 'ol boys some anger.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Gordon Shumway
Jan 21, 2008

Thumbtacks posted:

They changed the dogfight medals for the EM1 to Bloodthirsty medals. That's excellent.

They should just get rid of the requirement for dogfight medals entirely.

• Locked thread