Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
mabels big day
Feb 25, 2012

James Woods Fan posted:

My toaster can't even run PSP games very well (or PC games from 2005 on high). Dolphin isn't an option for me :(

Have you tried running games on a computer instead?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Macaluso
Sep 23, 2005

I HATE THAT HEDGEHOG, BROTHER!

mabels big day posted:

Have you tried running games on a computer instead?

Where the gently caress is he supposed to make toast then, idiot

Fremry
Nov 4, 2003
Wii U General Discussion - How the gently caress do I make toast then?

Ultigonio
Oct 26, 2012

Well now.
I don't think you're going to get off the hook that easily, Fremry.

Fremry
Nov 4, 2003
Haha, wasn't thinking it would get changed. I'm assuming we're stuck with that one until the thread gets too big.

forpush
Jan 6, 2006

We don't like it when the city light start fading
When the city lights fading then we can't get down
Just had an update on my Wii and it looks like it added some Amiibo stuff to the settings menu, options are "Register Owner and Nickname," "Delete amiibo Game Data," and "Reset amiibo." I'm wondering if it means you lose your dlc when de-registering the amiibo?

PaletteSwappedNinja
Jun 3, 2008

One Nation, Under God.
More Amiibos!

Shulk, Sonic and MM will be out in February sometime, the rest have a (JP) release date of January 22.

The gently caress is up with Ike's sword? They could have made that little base thing a little less conspicuous, surely.

PaletteSwappedNinja fucked around with this message at 04:41 on Nov 11, 2014

RyokoTK
Feb 12, 2012

I am cool.
Look at His Goddamned Royal Highness, he looks like a loving boss.

mabels big day
Feb 25, 2012

RyokoTK posted:

Look at His Goddamned Royal Highness, he looks like a loving boss.

Yeah, Bowser looks pretty sweet.

RyokoTK
Feb 12, 2012

I am cool.
Don't start poo poo.

Rack
Aug 5, 2003

I've misunderstood what a lion is.

Grimey Drawer
I was going to pass on Amiibos, but drat I want a King Dedede, Megaman, and Toon Link. I might even get Sonic.

poo poo

Asnorban
Jun 13, 2003

Professor Gavelsmoke

I hope toon link gives the same content as normal link.

homeless snail
Mar 14, 2007

Asnorban posted:

I hope toon link gives the same content as normal link.
Cel shaded spinner.

RyokoTK
Feb 12, 2012

I am cool.
If it generated a Toon Link outfit for Hyrule Warriors I'd be all over that so quick.

homeless snail
Mar 14, 2007

Also I know clear plastic is weaker than colored plastic, but Those Stands Are Dumb. I'm sorry for the controversial statement.

PaletteSwappedNinja
Jun 3, 2008

One Nation, Under God.
http://www.nintendo.co.jp/amiibo/list/index.html

This site has a list of Amiibo-compatible games and it says Link, Toon Link, Zelda and Sheik are all supported by Hyrule Warriors.

EDIT: Toon Link's listed as compatible with Mario Kart, too.

PaletteSwappedNinja fucked around with this message at 04:58 on Nov 11, 2014

greatn
Nov 15, 2006

by Lowtax
I'm sure in the next wave for non smash, they'll probably design the game model to match the figurine and not the other way around. Just a classic rookie mistake.

Bass Bottles
Jan 14, 2006

BOSS BATTLES DID NOTHING WRONG
I want the Sonic one but there's no way he'll be supported in any meaningful way in anything besides Smash Brothers :(

ONE YEAR LATER
Apr 13, 2004

Fry old buddy, it's me, Bender!
Oven Wrangler
Mega Man looks awesome. That is all.

Polo-Rican
Jul 4, 2004

emptyquote my posts or die

Looking forward to seeing how many Piss Columns they add to this run before launch.

Eventually, they should release an commemorative Amiibo that's nothing but one giant yellow cylinder

Champeenship
Oct 9, 2012

PaletteSwappedNinja posted:

This site has a list of Amiibo-compatible games and it says Link, Toon Link, Zelda and Sheik are all supported by Hyrule Warriors.

This page also mentions that Amiibos only support only one game's save data at a time, and that attempting to use it in another game will overwrite it. That said, SSB is the only game that does this right now (the rest are just reading amiibos to unlock content), and I'm assuming there will be some sort of in-game warning.

RyokoTK
Feb 12, 2012

I am cool.
Wait a minute, so like, the FP data for the Smash Amiibos is held on the Amiibo?! It's not saved to the drive?

Hedrigall
Mar 27, 2008

by vyelkin
Aw hell yeah I'm getting a motherfucking Bowser :h:

SyntheticPolygon
Dec 20, 2013

RyokoTK posted:

Wait a minute, so like, the FP data for the Smash Amiibos is held on the Amiibo?! It's not saved to the drive?

So you can bring it to your friends house and have it fight their amiibos or whatever.

kater
Nov 16, 2010

Champeenship posted:

This page also mentions that Amiibos only support only one game's save data at a time, and that attempting to use it in another game will overwrite it. That said, SSB is the only game that does this right now (the rest are just reading amiibos to unlock content), and I'm assuming there will be some sort of in-game warning.

Holy poo poo that's dumb. Like, that is dumb. They managed to take away the one decent thing they had over Skylanders.

absolutely anything
Dec 28, 2006

~As for dreams, she has enough and more to spare~

RyokoTK posted:

that's like the whole thing with amiibos/skylanders/disney infinitys

Macaluso
Sep 23, 2005

I HATE THAT HEDGEHOG, BROTHER!

PaletteSwappedNinja posted:

EDIT: Toon Link's listed as compatible with Mario Kart, too.

I thought in the direct they mentioned that ALL the Amiibos would be compatible with Hyrule Warriors? It'd be pretty sweet if the Dedede Amiibo gave you his hammer or the Sonic Amiibo gave you some kind of speed powerup.

ONE YEAR LATER
Apr 13, 2004

Fry old buddy, it's me, Bender!
Oven Wrangler

Macaluso posted:

I thought in the direct they mentioned that ALL the Amiibos would be compatible with Hyrule Warriors? It'd be pretty sweet if the Dedede Amiibo gave you his hammer or the Sonic Amiibo gave you some kind of speed powerup.

All they've said so far is that Link will unlock the Spinner weapon and that other amiibos will give you a random weapon/ingredient when scanned in. I assume that the specific ones they're highlighted have specific unlocks and any other amiibos that are scanned give a random item.

Hedrigall
Mar 27, 2008

by vyelkin

Champeenship posted:

attempting to use it in another game will overwrite it.

I thought the whole point was to take your FP to a friend's house and fight them

homeless snail
Mar 14, 2007

Hedrigall posted:

I thought the whole point was to take your FP to a friend's house and fight them
Another game, as in, you can only level your Rosalina up in either Smash Bros or Artificial Girl 4, and you have to choose which.

katkillad2
Aug 30, 2004

Awake and unreal, off to nowhere
Want dat Shulk, especially if it means I can put him in the new Xenoblade game.

elf help book
Aug 5, 2004

Though the battle might be endless, I will never give up

homeless snail posted:

Another game, as in, you can only level your Rosalina up in either Smash Bros or Artificial Girl 4, and you have to choose which.

I'll just buy two.

PaletteSwappedNinja
Jun 3, 2008

One Nation, Under God.
Smash is the only game with "read/write" Amiibo functionality so it doesn't matter in the short term.

Random Stranger
Nov 27, 2009

Macaluso posted:

From the page, only the Zelda related Amiibos work with Hyrule Warriors.

As for Amiibos that you might not expect to work with Mario Kart 8 but apparently do: Samus, Kirby, and Fox.

Suspicious Cook
Oct 9, 2012

Onward to burgers!

Let's Dededo it. :getin:

Ruggington
Apr 21, 2012

There's no way megaman is gonna do anything outside of smash but I want it so bad

Chronojam
Feb 20, 2006

This is me on vacation in Amsterdam :)
Never be afraid of being yourself!

katkillad2 posted:

Want dat Shulk, especially if it means I can put him in the new Xenoblade game.

Yeah I figured I'd get a Shulk if they ended up making one and here we are.

PaletteSwappedNinja
Jun 3, 2008

One Nation, Under God.

Random Stranger posted:

From the page, only the Zelda related Amiibos work with Hyrule Warriors.

As for Amiibos that you might not expect to work with Mario Kart 8 but apparently do: Samus, Kirby, and Fox.

Every Amiibo works with Hyrule Warriors but only the listed figures give figure-specific unlocks, every other figure just gives you a generic bonus in the form of weapons/currency/materials.

Davinci
Feb 21, 2013
Is the plural of amiibo amiibi

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

Davinci posted:

Is the plural of amiibo amiibi

It's Amiibros.

• Locked thread