Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Tanreall
Apr 27, 2004

Did I mention I was gay for pirate ducks?

~SMcD

Dahn posted:

I am surprised no other people have on caught on to this technique.
Sit under the fish hole, and watch the fish, as soon as one dies you know there is going to be a guy with a pole jump in and pick it up. If he dies with the pack on it goes to the bottom, if he hasn't picked up yet it goes free loot. Buddy picks up fish and puts in boat.
Dahota's and fish chum both last 45 mins.

Why get one fish when you can just take the whole boat? Stealing from fishers is really easy and I've stolen full boats solo.

Tanreall fucked around with this message at 00:14 on Nov 11, 2014

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

apseudonym
Feb 25, 2011

Tanreall posted:

Why get one fish when you can just take the whole boats? Stealing from fishers is really easy and I've stolen full boats solo.

I found it scaled well since the packs just sit on the bottom and my friends load them up while I keep ganking. I'd try and steal boats if they only had 2-3 people on them but reds were bringing a bunch of people per boat.

Carol Pizzamom
Jul 13, 2006

a bear you feed is a bear and a steed

A fish is any member of a paraphyletic group of organisms that consist of all gill-bearing aquatic craniate animals that lack limbs with digits. Included in this definition are the living hagfish, lampreys, and cartilaginous and bony fish, as well as various extinct related groups. Most fish are ectothermic ("cold-blooded"), allowing their body temperatures to vary as ambient temperatures change, though some of the large active swimmers like white shark and tuna can hold a higher core temperature.[1][2] Fish are abundant in most bodies of water. They can be found in nearly all aquatic environments, from high mountain streams (e.g., char and gudgeon) to the abyssal and even hadal depths of the deepest oceans (e.g., gulpers and anglerfish). At 32,000 species, fish exhibit greater species diversity than any other group of vertebrates.[3]

Kimsemus
Dec 4, 2013

by Reene
Toilet Rascal

Cyberventurer posted:

Malakesh was fidgeting, unsure of how the negotiations were about to pan out. "This isn't right," he told himself. He was a goon of the sea; the crisp, salty breeze. The blue waves undulating over the horizon. The boats of pubbies perpendicular with the surface of the water, making full revolutions at 3 times a second. That was his home.

He was a fisherman.

Not a diplomat. Not someone who parlayed with opponents on land. Sure, the 16x16 beachfront villa he was using as a base of operations was furnished well, and any bot worth its salt would drool at the chance to snatch up this amazing piece of real estate, but it didn't make him feel comfortable. Malakesh turned back toward the mirror to groom his hair and adjust the position of his admiral's hat. He wasn't really an admiral, of course, but Kimsemus wouldn't know that. All he had to do was negotiate a ceasefire. His superiors allowed him a token amount of the stolen supplies to be used as a bargaining chip, but what if it wasn't enough? What if Kimsemus demanded more, and he couldn't deliver? Maybe he was just being used as bait to lure Kimsemus out? He cursed the higher-ups for not telling him anything. Whenever he tried to press for more information, all he was told was "OPSEC". Every question, nothing but "OPSEC". Even asking for the definition of OPSEC got him nothing but "OPSEC" in reply. He was still busy trying to figure out what the acronym stood for when the door behind him swung open. Malakesh gulped hard and spun around; he was here. He looked much more...dashing than Malakesh expected.

Kimsemus, scourge of the seas, had entered the house. He turned, just for a moment, to spit out the tobacco in his mouth out into the grass before resuming his course into the main room. Toward Malakesh. And he could see it in Kimsemus's eyes; it wasn't stone he was after. Kimsemus looks him up and down, then grins.

"Yer level 16, aren't ya? I can smell it on ya," Kimsemus grumbled. Malakesh was taken by surprise by the comment. Did he really look the part? True, it was the hottest level, but did he detect a bit of interest in Kimsemus's voice? Wait, why was he thinking about that? He had to focus on the deal. On the stone. Stones. Kimsemus certainly had some big ones to come unarmed...Malakesh shook his head and looked back up to meet him in the eye.

"The council has heard your demands for the stone and is willing to negotiate-" but Malakesh couldn't continue. Kimsemus continued to stride through the room, toward Malakesh.

"I ain't no landlubber. It's not about the stone. But perhaps," Kimsemus purred, "ye could offer me something more."

So it's true. Malakesh blushed. Kimsemus was a goonfucker, just like him. And now that they were together...Malakesh spoke: "This is quite unprofessional. I'm flattered by your advances, but this-"

"Shhh," Kimsemus interrupted, leaning in close. Malakesh's back was against the wall now. Kimsemus gingerly took off Malakesh's admiral hat with one hand while he reached for the kraken tentacle mounted by the fireplace. "Nobody needs to know. It's not like this is happening on an American server."

Malakesh couldn't say no to that. And truth be told, he always wanted to be taken on a ride by Kimsemus's big red boat. They leaned closer, and let their feelings lead them from there.

:pirate:

Arcade
Sep 10, 2007

:argh:

Deutsch Nozzle
Mar 29, 2008

#1 Macklemore fan

:eyepop:

Arcade
Sep 10, 2007

Shitpost triple combo.

Deutsch Nozzle
Mar 29, 2008

#1 Macklemore fan

Arcade posted:

Shitpost triple combo.
:qqsay:

Deutsch Nozzle
Mar 29, 2008

#1 Macklemore fan
:justpost:

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

Arcade posted:

Shitpost triple combo.

im sorry posting on SA isn't as super serious as fishing pacts

Arcade
Sep 10, 2007

he take he shitpost seriously.

Hyzenth1ay
Oct 24, 2008
Every time I think of coming back to this dumb game (which is also a very fun game), I see another cheat and give up.

Damnit.

GreatestNerdEver
Aug 3, 2007

Hyzenth1ay posted:

Every time I think of coming back to this dumb game (which is also a very fun game), I see another cheat and give up.

Damnit.

who cares about the cheats, dropping prices make it easier for new people anyways

Fauxtool
Oct 21, 2008

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Hyzenth1ay posted:

Damnit.

everygame has cheaters, knowing about them doesnt change a thing. Did you know people have bots for LoL and Dota2 that last hit and deny perfectly?

tatersyum
Feb 12, 2006
:effort:

ape brain analyzer
Aug 21, 2013

Careful with that fishing boat of yours m8, you may end up quitting GS and unable to stop fishing.

Fish

LITERALLY MY FETISH
Nov 11, 2010

Raise Chris Coons' taxes so that we can have Medicare for All.

I don't believe your experience, because my spreadsheet tells me it's impossible for you to get gold faster than via fishing pacts. I've accounted for all the variables, and math never lies.

:goonsay:

Third World Reagan
May 19, 2008

Imagine four 'mechs waiting in a queue. Time works the same way.

Umbreon
May 21, 2011

Umbreon posted:

I currently see long liners available for like only 400 gold under the cost of a merchant ship. Considering the price difference is 250 Gilda Stars vs 400 shouldn't i like just save up only 250, buy the long liner plans, and then use the money from selling them to be only 400-500ish gold away from a merchant ship while only having had to save up 250 Gilda?

They very next night I say this, 8 new longliner designs pop up onto the AH, and the price drops 800g. :smith:

kznlol
Feb 9, 2013

Fauxtool posted:

everygame has cheaters, knowing about them doesnt change a thing. Did you know people have bots for LoL and Dota2 that last hit and deny perfectly?

I..what?

I now want to see a game of those bots versus the actual AI and see what happens.

LunaDeus
Jul 5, 2014

kznlol posted:

I..what?

I now want to see a game of those bots versus the actual AI and see what happens.

They're not really 'bots', they're just scripts that you can toggle on/off and if it's possible to last-hit then it will do so. Movement still has to be controlled by the player.

But yes it does exist.

Arcade
Sep 10, 2007

Those ocean waters be salty tonight.

Charles Bukowski
Aug 26, 2003

Taskmaster 2023 Second Place Winner

Grimey Drawer
God I hope so.

Arcade
Sep 10, 2007

2 hours and many goon deaths later, 5 fish. :slick:

Charles Bukowski
Aug 26, 2003

Taskmaster 2023 Second Place Winner

Grimey Drawer
I wasn't out there for the fish.

Arcade
Sep 10, 2007

Charles Bukowski posted:

I wasn't out there for the fish.

I sure hope not.

Eminai
Apr 29, 2013

I agree with Dante, that the hottest places in hell are reserved for those who in a period of moral crisis maintain their neutrality.

Arcade posted:

2 hours and many goon deaths later, 5 fish. :slick:

But it's really 10 fish, because they were denying you the ability to turn in fish for that 2 hours :eng99:

InternetJunky
May 25, 2002

kznlol posted:

In terms of making money, once you realize that your only real constraints are time and labor, you find the highest revenue per labor activity you can do and do it.
You realise you're playing a game, right?

Fauxtool
Oct 21, 2008

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

InternetJunky posted:

You realise you're playing a game, right?

maybe you are, loving casual

Third World Reagan
May 19, 2008

kzn was one of the guys who took china game seriously to the point of planned raids and making sure goons were on top of raiding

in chinagame

he was a delabux goon

InternetJunky
May 25, 2002

Now I have a sad mental image of all these people out on the open water, fishing hour after hour, all the while hating every minute of it. But what can they do? Their spreadsheet shows this yields 1.2 silver more per 100 labor than the next best thing.

Third World Reagan
May 19, 2008

like there was a broken raid in china game and goons could beat it, it dropped stuff the whales on the server would buy for lots of money or real money

we tried taking a group in there of goons and not goons for laughs, we would not be able to complete it, and they wanted to make sure they hosed over the goons to protect their profits

its profits all the way down

Arcade
Sep 10, 2007

InternetJunky posted:

Now I have a sad mental image of all these people out on the open water, fishing hour after hour, all the while hating every minute of it. But what can they do? Their spreadsheet shows this yields 1.2 silver more per 100 labor than the next best thing.

I haven't fed my kids on over two weeks, fishing so serious! Shut life out! FOCUS

Deutsch Nozzle
Mar 29, 2008

#1 Macklemore fan

Third World Reggin posted:

its profits all the way down

in a videogame

Arcade
Sep 10, 2007

Pay to lose.

Pavlov
Oct 21, 2012

I've long been fascinated with how the alt-right develops elaborate and obscure dog whistles to try to communicate their meaning without having to say it out loud
Stepan Andreyevich Bandera being the most prominent example of that

Deutsch Nozzle posted:

in a videogame

I'm pretty sure I remember at least one goon who sold something to a Viet trust fund kid for literal hundreds of real world dollars. It's silly but I'm not going to harp on cashing in on trust fund kids.

Fauxtool
Oct 21, 2008

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
I farmed it all up myself so its pure profit!

Third World Reagan
May 19, 2008

Pavlov posted:

I'm pretty sure I remember at least one goon who sold something to a Viet trust fund kid for literal hundreds of real world dollars. It's silly but I'm not going to harp on cashing in on trust fund kids.

I will since someone else also wanted to get 300 bucks and instead god 300 dollars of paintballs

bringing real money into a video game seems like you are trying to make it a jorb

plehsistential
Jan 29, 2012

death to all avatar havers
obama may have taken my money in THE REAL WORLD, but he sure as hell aint gonna take my archeage gold

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Blazing Zero
Sep 7, 2012

*sigh* sure. it's a weed joke

Third World Reggin posted:

I will since someone else also wanted to get 300 bucks and instead god 300 dollars of paintballs

bringing real money into a video game seems like you are trying to make it a jorb

uh video game fishing is my job tyvm

• Locked thread