Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

dis astranagant
Dec 14, 2006

drunken officeparty posted:

I can't seem to drop trinkets. It says my drop key is left control but it does nothing, even if I hold it down.

You have to hold it down for a couple seconds. It also drops your consumable item(s)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ProfessionalNinja
Sep 26, 2004
I am the Professional Ninja
Had a ridiculous run earlier that got me Basement Boy, Dark Boy, and Mama's Boy. Ludovico's Technique with a giant spinning poison scythe of death is a pretty good way for that to happen.

Random Hajile
Aug 25, 2003

I just had a really great run with Eve. It was no Brimstone + Ludovido, but I got some nice loving damage in a non-gamebreaking way.

Splash Damage + Number 1 + Cancer (trinket, not astrological) + Spider Bite + Coal + Stigmata + Halo + My Reflection. By the time I melted ???, I was basically a slowshot minigun.

And LibbyM, once you kill the heart, you get the unlocks for it. Even if you go for an early Sheol or Cathedral. I think other goons have said you still get the unlock if you manage to die to the heart's dying 10-way shot, but I can't personally confirm that one.

Internet Kraken
Apr 24, 2010

slightly amused
How does Libra work exactly? I picked it up in the chest and it destroyed my damage. It didn't seem to improve my other stats to compensate at all either.

Literal Nazi Furry
Jan 27, 2008

Swastika - Helvetica - Ikea
Last night I dreamt of Adolf searching for Anne.
I lay on my back
standing alone in the corner watching the girls dance.

I'm on crystal meth.
I piss in my pants.

Internet Kraken posted:

How does Libra work exactly? I picked it up in the chest and it destroyed my damage. It didn't seem to improve my other stats to compensate at all either.

It should balance out all of your stats and give you 6 keys, bombs, and coins.

Relyssa
Jul 29, 2012

Internet Kraken posted:

Seems like it averages out your stats a bit. High ones get dropped, low ones get boosted.

Tracula
Mar 26, 2010

PLEASE LEAVE
Is there a chance Demon Begger is gonna get nerfed? That little bastard is just way, way too good as is and if you get Humbling Bundle or anything at all that makes extra hearts show up at all it's basically an instant won run.

Infinity Gaia
Feb 27, 2011

a storm is coming...

Chaos Card is the funniest item in the game, honestly. Just going into the Isaac fight, tossing out a tiny card and winning will never stop being funny to me.

Johnny Joestar
Oct 21, 2010

Don't shoot him?

Tracula posted:

Is there a chance Demon Begger is gonna get nerfed? That little bastard is just way, way too good as is and if you get Humbling Bundle or anything at all that makes extra hearts show up at all it's basically an instant won run.

it legit already was nerfed. used to give soul hearts on a 1:1 ratio which was hilarious given the cost to get it.

LaughMyselfTo
Nov 15, 2012

by XyloJW
Handful of item/unlock ideas for a DLC. Not sure about the conditions for unlocking them; some of them might be late-game (ie, Interval Of Nonexistence) unlocks while some of them might be unlocked with the expansion itself.

Item Name/Clue: Second Amendment Solution/"All you have to do is move your little finger..."
Item Appearance: A simple handgun.
Item Effect: Passive that replaces your first tear in each room with a bullet. Bullets have maximum shot speed and very high damage - enough to one-shot early bosses with a minimum damage stat. They do not scale much with your damage stat, though, making them progressively less useful as the game goes on, and, as previously stated, you only get one per room.

Item Name/Clue: 12 INCHES NOW GUARANTEED!!!/"Get your tears excited."
Item Appearance: Bottle of pills with stink lines coming off of it.
Item Effect: Passive that sets all of your Tear-related stats (Tears, Damage, Range, Shot Speed) to minimum, but causes them to increase every time you damage anything damageable - an enemy, a fire, a poop... This effect carries over from room to room, and from floor to floor. However, every moment that you spend not damaging anything slowly lowers them again. Therefore, the item heavily disincentivizes gambling and encourages speedrun-style playing.

Item Name/Clue: Photographic Memory/"You can remember pictures sometimes!"
Item Appearance: A popup with the Negative, a camera, and the Polaroid.
Item Effect: Once unlocked, all characters will essentially receive the effects of either the Negative or the Polaroid, randomly, at the beginning of a run. It does not count as actually having the item (ie, it doesn't show up on the pause menu or the death screen), but the relevant item is removed from the item pool on that run, so Mom only drops the other picture. This gives the player three new advantages: first, they always receive the useful qualities of the Polaroid or Negative on early floors. Second, the player may pick up the other picture Mom drops to gain the effects of both items, and therefore, in addition, may choose whether to fight through the Dark Room or the Chest as late as shortly after killing It Lives! (rather than shortly after killing Mom). Third, as Photographic Memory allows for access to the Dark Room or the Chest without counting as an item in its own right, it allows for collection of the Godfearing achievement/ending without finding or using the Iconoclasm item (though the Iconoclasm item still makes it significantly easier).

LaughMyselfTo fucked around with this message at 07:11 on Nov 11, 2014

flatluigi
Apr 23, 2008

here come the planes
Why do you keep posting all that in here?

Tracula
Mar 26, 2010

PLEASE LEAVE

Agent Kool-Aid posted:

it legit already was nerfed. used to give soul hearts on a 1:1 ratio which was hilarious given the cost to get it.

Jesus :psypop: I don't know how you could even balance it to be honest. My best guess is to give it diminishing returns perhaps? First soul heart for 2 red hearts, then three, etc to infinite.

Johnny Joestar
Oct 21, 2010

Don't shoot him?

Tracula posted:

Jesus :psypop: I don't know how you could even balance it to be honest. My best guess is to give it diminishing returns perhaps? First soul heart for 2 red hearts, then three, etc to infinite.

i really wouldn't go that far. it seems to be better off than what it was before, since heart drops aren't always the most guaranteed thing. at that point it wouldn't be worth it, and it's a devil room item so it's gonna need to be a little good due to costing health.

VDay
Jul 2, 2003

I'm Pacman Jones!

Tracula posted:

Jesus :psypop: I don't know how you could even balance it to be honest.

Guess they'll just have to leave it as is and people will have to keep having fun runs with it.

The tragedy.

LaughMyselfTo
Nov 15, 2012

by XyloJW

Tracula posted:

Jesus :psypop: I don't know how you could even balance it to be honest.

4 red hearts = 1 black heart?

flatluigi posted:

Why do you keep posting all that in here?

:psyduck:

Tracula
Mar 26, 2010

PLEASE LEAVE

VDay posted:

Guess they'll just have to leave it as is and people will have to keep having fun runs with it.

The tragedy.

Eh, I'm not trying to be a fun wrecker or anything but it just seems a little too good in its current state and that if it was tweaked slightly it could still be just as fun and as much of a run winner but not quite such a faceroll all on its own.

Tollymain
Jul 9, 2010

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
sometimes it's just nice to get an item that does your run for you though

Mr E
Sep 18, 2007

LaughMyselfTo posted:

Handful of item/unlock ideas for a DLC. Not sure about the conditions for unlocking them; some of them might be late-game (ie, Interval Of Nonexistence) unlocks while some of them might be unlocked with the expansion itself.

Item Name/Clue: Second Amendment Solution/"All you have to do is move your little finger..."
Item Appearance: A simple handgun.
Item Effect: Passive that replaces your first tear in each room with a bullet. Bullets have maximum shot speed and very high damage - enough to one-shot early bosses with a minimum damage stat. They do not scale much with your damage stat, though, making them progressively less useful as the game goes on, and, as previously stated, you only get one per room.

Item Name/Clue: 12 INCHES NOW GUARANTEED!!!/"Get your tears excited."
Item Appearance: Bottle of pills with stink lines coming off of it.
Item Effect: Passive that sets all of your Tear-related stats (Tears, Damage, Range, Shot Speed) to minimum, but causes them to increase every time you damage anything damageable - an enemy, a fire, a poop... This effect carries over from room to room, and from floor to floor. However, every moment that you spend not damaging anything slowly lowers them again. Therefore, the item heavily disincentivizes gambling and encourages speedrun-style playing.

Item Name/Clue: Photographic Memory/"You can remember pictures sometimes!"
Item Appearance: A popup with the Negative, a camera, and the Polaroid.
Item Effect: Once unlocked, all characters will essentially receive the effects of either the Negative or the Polaroid, randomly, at the beginning of a run. It does not count as actually having the item (ie, it doesn't show up on the pause menu or the death screen), but the relevant item is removed from the item pool on that run, so Mom only drops the other picture. This gives the player three new advantages: first, they always receive the useful qualities of the Polaroid or Negative on early floors. Second, the player may pick up the other picture Mom drops to gain the effects of both items, and therefore, in addition, may choose whether to fight through the Dark Room or the Chest as late as shortly after killing It Lives! (rather than shortly after killing Mom). Third, as Photographic Memory allows for access to the Dark Room or the Chest without counting as an item in its own right, it allows for collection of the Godfearing achievement/ending without finding or using the Iconoclasm item (though the Iconoclasm item still makes it significantly easier).

I'm glad you spoiled this important information.

Johnny Joestar
Oct 21, 2010

Don't shoot him?

https://twitter.com/tyronerodriguez/status/531907545267703808

Nep-Nep
May 15, 2004

Just one more thing!

VDay posted:

The tragedy.

I understand the developers can choose to nerf items if they're too good or something but I hope they don't make a habit of this since this is a single player game and not an MMO or something. Getting powerful items and crazy combos occasionally to add variety to all the more normal builds is a huge part of the fun for me.

Alkydere
Jun 7, 2010
Capitol: A building or complex of buildings in which any legislature meets.
Capital: A city designated as a legislative seat by the government or some other authority, often the city in which the government is located; otherwise the most important city within a country or a subdivision of it.

*spends 4 hours carefully getting the other three deaths for The Lost*

Mullibooms?

Muuullibooooms?

Mull-gently caress THOSE SPIKES ARE COMING RIGHT AT ME! *fails to mash R in time, Isaac starts to fall over*

Okay, maybe that doesn't count...let's find a Mulliboom...

I found one within 5 more resets, died to him. The spike death counted. :negative:

AHungryRobot
Oct 12, 2012
the d100 is uh

pretty good you guys

each of those is an ipecac shot. and you can't see it, but i also have technology 2. killed mom's heart and the lamb in one hit with that.

Tracula
Mar 26, 2010

PLEASE LEAVE

If you don't notice, look in the lower right.

Irony Be My Shield
Jul 29, 2012

The Dark Bum is now fine. It was stupid before because you were paying one heart for an item that basically gave you 12 hearts, but now there's a drawback to using it that becomes relevant when you start running low on health.

dis astranagant
Dec 14, 2006

Dark Bum is basically a weaker version of the Mitre, so long as you aren't ??? or otherwise running a soul heart only build. The Mitre does the conversion silently and gives you any hearts it doesn't convert. Mitre + Mom's Pearl essentially gives you the same amount of soul hearts as the Dark Bum.

Johnny Joestar
Oct 21, 2010

Don't shoot him?

like i said, the dark bum is in a really good place now. it's still useful without giving a hilarious amount of benefit for little cost. nerfing it any further would effectively make it not worth it considering how many other things you can potentially spend that heart container on.

Magres
Jul 14, 2011
Dark Bum was honestly fine before. People were wigging out because he trivializes the game pre-Sheol/Cath. Oh no, he trivializes what amounts to the game's tutorial mode. He's still fine, but I honestly don't think he needed the nerf considering how few hearts drop in Cath/Sheol and Chest/Dark Room

Cobalt60
Jun 1, 2006

LaughMyselfTo posted:

Handful of item/unlock ideas for a DLC.

I really hate these posts and I don't understand why you make them, hth

Irony Be My Shield
Jul 29, 2012

I guess the conversion rate is the same now (assuming The Mitre hasn't changed in Rebirth). Imagine two heart drops (that would, if not for these items, be red), which on average would be 1.5 hearts (one half and one full).
- On average the Mitre would convert one into a Soul Heart. So your average result is 1 soul heart and 0.75 red hearts
- The Dark Bum could convert them into a soul heart. So you have a choice of 1.5 red hearts or 1 soul heart.
So yeah if you ignore guaranteed red heart drops The Mitre is better. The flexibility of Dark Bum might sometimes be relevant though.

e: Actually ignoring guaranteed red heart drops might not be sensible, when you consider womb rocks, that one super-secret room, the Lovers card, Chub, Hematemesis pills etc.

e2: The Humbleing Bundle also changes the maths.

Irony Be My Shield fucked around with this message at 08:46 on Nov 11, 2014

Ariong
Jun 25, 2012

Is it normal for Eden to only have 7 stat points between their six stats? Because I can't recall having ever gotten more than that, and I was hoping that Eden would be better than this.

dis astranagant
Dec 14, 2006

Ariong posted:

Is it normal for Eden to only have 7 stat points between their six stats? Because I can't recall having ever gotten more than that, and I was hoping that Eden would be better than this.

Yeah, it's pretty normal if neither of your items provide any stats. Sometimes you roll a lot better, though.

Nep-Nep
May 15, 2004

Just one more thing!
Oh good the 1.01 update on Vita fixed the issue I reported with me randomly not having endings 1-3 and 5-10 unlocked. Once I installed that update all the endings are unlocked on my file. That's great.

Alkydere
Jun 7, 2010
Capitol: A building or complex of buildings in which any legislature meets.
Capital: A city designated as a legislative seat by the government or some other authority, often the city in which the government is located; otherwise the most important city within a country or a subdivision of it.

K9V9
JRC0 (not sure if that's supposed to be a zero or o)

Blue Baby seed that gave me fire tears on first floor for anyone who wants to build from there...or blow themselves up.

Ror
Oct 21, 2010

😸Everything's 🗞️ purrfect!💯🤟

Irony Be My Shield posted:

e: Actually ignoring guaranteed red heart drops might not be sensible, when you consider womb rocks, that one super-secret room, the Lovers card, Chub, Hematemesis pills etc.

Oh yeah, you have to be careful in the heart room with the dark bum. His priority is to eat hearts, so let him eat all the hearts and then get out of the room. I got distracted and was looking at something offscreen when I realized that he was spitting out hearts and re-eating them. I guess the room instantly turns the soul hearts regular in that room, but he's burning them up when he re-eats them.

Tracula
Mar 26, 2010

PLEASE LEAVE

Cobalt60 posted:

I really hate these posts and I don't understand why you make them, hth

They basically strike me as fanfic to be honest :v: There's a line between some vague ideas for items or tweaks and whatever the hell they are.

Kite Pride Worldwide
Apr 20, 2009

Tracula posted:

They basically strike me as fanfic to be honest :v: There's a line between some vague ideas for items or tweaks and whatever the hell they are.

Yeah, it's fun to theorize or whatever but pages upon pages of spoiler text is getting annoying.

Wugga
Oct 30, 2006

I BEAT MEAT

Alkydere posted:

*spends 4 hours carefully getting the other three deaths for The Lost*

Mullibooms?

Muuullibooooms?

You have to do the death sequence in order, meaning the first thing you need to do is get killed to Mullibooms with Isaac. So if it's any consolation, that one death in-between runs didn't really matter.

However, this is some aggravating BULLSHIT:

Rebirth Wiki posted:

Champion versions of monsters and bosses, such as red or blue tinted Mom, will not work. You must be killed by the normal version.

Seriously, gtfo.

VDay
Jul 2, 2003

I'm Pacman Jones!

Wugga posted:

Seriously, gtfo.

Is that from someone digging through the code again, or some "a guy on reddit said he did it and it didn't work" [citation needed] poo poo? Because I'm like 75% sure that my Judas death was to red mom.

Wugga
Oct 30, 2006

I BEAT MEAT

VDay posted:

Is that from someone digging through the code again, or some "a guy on reddit said he did it and it didn't work" [citation needed] poo poo? Because I'm like 75% sure that my Judas death was to red mom.

I hope it's just another case of wikidiots posting random crap, but I wouldn't want to take the chance after reading that.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ariong
Jun 25, 2012

dis astranagant posted:

Yeah, it's pretty normal if neither of your items provide any stats. Sometimes you roll a lot better, though.

Glad to hear it. Playing as Eden is still super fun, I just wasn't expecting it to be quite so hard.