Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Broken Cog
Dec 29, 2009

We're all friends here

Wugga posted:

I hope it's just another case of wikidiots posting random crap, but I wouldn't want to take the chance after reading that.

I got it with red mom so I'm pretty sure it's bullshit

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Alkydere
Jun 7, 2010
Capitol: A building or complex of buildings in which any legislature meets.
Capital: A city designated as a legislative seat by the government or some other authority, often the city in which the government is located; otherwise the most important city within a country or a subdivision of it.

Wugga posted:

You have to do the death sequence in order, meaning the first thing you need to do is get killed to Mullibooms with Isaac. So if it's any consolation, that one death in-between runs didn't really matter.

People have done it out of order and said it works. It's not order that matters, it's the "no deaths in between".

I'm just saying fuckit to the Lost. I'll either get him another time, later, or just download a Plat God save when they become available. Until then I'll just worry about having fun and challenges.

AHungryRobot
Oct 12, 2012
They should've just made the isaac requirement fire or something. Having it be a fairly rare enemy like a mulliboom is just flat out moronic, especially since the other requirements are pretty much guaranteed on every run if you play well enough.

Johnny Joestar
Oct 21, 2010

Don't shoot him?

Ariong posted:

Glad to hear it. Playing as Eden is still super fun, I just wasn't expecting it to be quite so hard.

eden is pretty much the 'goofy' character out of all of them so you can get some wildly varying runs going when playing them. last time i did it i basically started off with a maxed-out power stat partially due to my items and partially due to natural stats. ended up pretty funny.

Wugga
Oct 30, 2006

I BEAT MEAT

Alkydere posted:

People have done it out of order and said it works. It's not order that matters, it's the "no deaths in between".

That's a relief. Guess the new Wiki is about as trustworthy as the old one.

I wonder if the fact about seeded runs working is bullshit as well.

Alkydere
Jun 7, 2010
Capitol: A building or complex of buildings in which any legislature meets.
Capital: A city designated as a legislative seat by the government or some other authority, often the city in which the government is located; otherwise the most important city within a country or a subdivision of it.

Wugga posted:

That's a relief. Guess the new Wiki is about as trustworthy as the old one.

I wonder if the fact about seeded runs working is bullshit as well.

It is.

Seeded runs specifically turn off unlocks and achievements. Therefore you cannot unlock a character in them.

Kooriken
Dec 27, 2012

This thread is beneath my talent, but I....shall elevate it.
Had just about the most ridiculous run just now. Forgot to get the seed unfortunately but I started up an Azazel run and got Lil' Brimstone on my first item room. Then on my second deal with the devil I got Head of Krampus. From there it was THE BRIMSTONE POWER HOUR.

Kite Pride Worldwide
Apr 20, 2009

Whenever I boot up the game, the window is invisible or off-screen or something and I can't get it to appear no matter what unless I play fullscreen. What do

e: never mind, it suddenly worked now

Kite Pride Worldwide fucked around with this message at 09:43 on Nov 11, 2014

dis astranagant
Dec 14, 2006

Petrified Poop + Card Against Humanity sounds like a great idea til you realize just how long it takes to clear out a 2x2 room full of poo poo.

Nastyman
Jul 11, 2007

There they sit
at the foot of the mountain
Taking hits
of the sacred smoke
Fire rips at their lungs
Holy mountain take us away
I'm not at home to test it right now, but has anyone else noticed that I AM ERROR is an 8 letter phrase?

Testekill
Nov 1, 2012

I demand to be taken seriously

:aronrex:

Quick question guys, does losing red hearts via blood banks or demon beggars count towards Bloody Lust raising your damage?

Murvin
Jan 7, 2008
Jet-setter and raconteur

Just unlocked Eve for the first time, decided to 'try her out' and low and behold had an INSANE run. Became Guppy and proceeded to do a full run and killed Satan for my first time ever!

Quick question, now my save file changed from a picture of mom's broken heart to....I don't know what?

Testekill
Nov 1, 2012

I demand to be taken seriously

:aronrex:

Murvin posted:

Just unlocked Eve for the first time, decided to 'try her out' and low and behold had an INSANE run. Became Guppy and proceeded to do a full run and killed Satan for my first time ever!

Quick question, now my save file changed from a picture of mom's broken heart to....I don't know what?

That'll be part of the negative

Alteisen
Jun 4, 2007

by FactsAreUseless
So to unlock to the lost you need to die in specific ways to specific things and the lost dies in one hit?

Tracula
Mar 26, 2010

PLEASE LEAVE
That ending you get for beating The Dark is so strangely :smith: and reverses the entire tone of the game basically.

Einwand
Nov 3, 2012

You idiot.
In this world it's pet or BE pet.

So, for the people who actually have the lost's items, don't pick up isaac's heart, it makes you invulnerable but gives you a heart familiar that takes damage for you instead, but since it follows you so closely the majority of attacks that'd hit you would hit it anyways.

Einwand fucked around with this message at 10:16 on Nov 11, 2014

DoublePLayer
May 6, 2008

by Shine
Yesterday I had my first run that I actually enjoyed, usually I just die because I don't get any damage upgrades and I had to get used to the controller as well, as my new keyboard can't handle combinations like W+D+Down Arrow.
Not that run though, I got (Rebirth item)Pyromaniac and several bombs along the run. I could sustain myself, got some other items and suddenly in Womb 2 I got to the curse room. I open the red chest and I land in the god room, in which I see a beam of light and without much thought I walk into it. 15 minutes later I defeat Isaac and win the game. The kicker? I have yet to defeat Mom's Heart in Rebirth.

VDay
Jul 2, 2003

I'm Pacman Jones!

Alteisen posted:

So to unlock to the lost you need to die in specific ways to specific things and the lost dies in one hit?

Correct. It's basically the end-end-endgame content and just an extra challenge character.

\/\/ That's great.

VDay fucked around with this message at 10:26 on Nov 11, 2014

Sanctum
Feb 14, 2005

Property was their religion
A church for one
I D10ed into IPECAC + Soy milk + Dual shot + Split shot + Splash shot. Rapid fire dual IPECAC that explodes and splits on impact, and then splits again creating even more explosions.

Things get really crazy at the end when I realize I have proptosis as well:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GWM8Qm3DKx0

Manatee Cannon
Aug 26, 2010

Geez, I had a great run of items going (starting with the lucky foot) but I think I must have chosen hard by mistake because every boss was a champion. I made it to the boss rush room but general poor play on my part had me pretty low on health going in and I eventually died to the last horseman. Hard is no joke.

RedRupee
Feb 25, 2012

Wugga posted:

However, this is some aggravating BULLSHIT:

Seriously, gtfo.

Definitely wrong. I got my Mullibloom kill by a champion Mullibloom (the type that respawns if you don't finish it off).

Lets Pickle
Jul 9, 2007

I finally managed to beat The Family Man, mostly because I got really lucky and on the second floor I made a deal with the devil for The Nail, and while running around a room breaking rocks I came opened one of those ladders that leads to a Zelda 1-style item room containing Daddy Longlegs. The only challenges left are The Purist and Suicide King. I have no idea how you're supposed to beat Suicide King.

dis astranagant
Dec 14, 2006

Holy poo poo! How did I just get Mama's Boy? I am a bad. :psyboom:

Irony Be My Shield
Jul 29, 2012

Your bombs explode when they pass over an enemy. There's a certain distance where you bomb will still hit but you won't take damage, you need to work it out and use it constantly.

(you get a bit more leeway if you're running at the enemy while firing).

Cuntpunch
Oct 3, 2003

A monkey in a long line of kings

Sanctum posted:

I D10ed into IPECAC + Soy milk + Dual shot + Split shot + Splash shot. Rapid fire dual IPECAC that explodes and splits on impact, and then splits again creating even more explosions.

Things get really crazy at the end when I realize I have proptosis as well:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GWM8Qm3DKx0

You mean D20.

But yes, anything that gives you options for items is great. Even There's Options can be helpful if you can find it early.

Strategy question:

While I'm flying through getting my Mom-kill unlocks with Azazel right now, one thing I do pretty much consistently is avoid Curse Rooms and Sacrifice Rooms. Is this legitimately a 'bad idea' if I have the health to spare, or are those rooms just kind of goofy? With a super-early Isaac run last week I probably threw like 4 hearts into a Sacrifice Room and got nothing of note out of it, so I have kind of written them off barring someone going NO REALLY THEY ARE GREAT.

SuccinctAndPunchy
Mar 29, 2013

People are supposed to get hurt by things. It's fucked up to not. It's not good for you.

Alkydere posted:

It is.

Seeded runs specifically turn off unlocks and achievements. Therefore you cannot unlock a character in them.

Actually, no. As I'm given to understand, seeds do work for unlocking The Lost provided you don't use a seed on the last run you suicide to unlock him, because seeds do disable achievements and unlocks but it won't block your The Lost unlock progress.

Source: Random posts on the internet, I did my Lost unlock without seeds so I don't actually know.

basically save the azazel run for last and do it unseeded because that guy can get to satan regardless of what you give him, like drat.

Broken Cog
Dec 29, 2009

We're all friends here

Cuntpunch posted:

Strategy question:

While I'm flying through getting my Mom-kill unlocks with Azazel right now, one thing I do pretty much consistently is avoid Curse Rooms and Sacrifice Rooms. Is this legitimately a 'bad idea' if I have the health to spare, or are those rooms just kind of goofy? With a super-early Isaac run last week I probably threw like 4 hearts into a Sacrifice Room and got nothing of note out of it, so I have kind of written them off barring someone going NO REALLY THEY ARE GREAT.

Curse rooms are great because you can sometimes find devil deals in them, and often you'll get at least one heart's worth of spirit/sin hearts in there, so at the very least you'll go even.

Sacrifice rooms never seemed worth it to me, unless you really need a way to get your health down to 1 for some of the low-health boosting items.

VDay
Jul 2, 2003

I'm Pacman Jones!
Got the last achievement besides the 4 broken ones tonight(:toot:), although I still need to actually find and pick up a bunch of the unlocked items to get 100%.

Have they said anything about the broken achievements? I mean, I assume they're working on it but have they figured out what causes them? Any ETA or priority level of fixing those? I'm so close to plat :ohdear:

LazyMaybe
Aug 18, 2013

oouagh
Sacrifice rooms blow. Curse rooms rule.

dis astranagant
Dec 14, 2006

Sacrifice rooms are just a last ditch way to activate super saiyan Eve and maybe get a box out of the deal.

Sanctum
Feb 14, 2005

Property was their religion
A church for one

Cuntpunch posted:

You mean D20.

But yes, anything that gives you options for items is great. Even There's Options can be helpful if you can find it early.
I found the D20 on the chest and used it to see if I could generate more chests (and thus items) from a greed fight but had no luck there.

The D10 is what randomizes all the items you've picked up. And you can keep doing it! You gain more heart containers when you roll items with HP up, and doesn't lose the heart containers if you re-roll them away. Also getting pyro, the dollar, etc for free consumables is excellent, as well as becoming guppy/lord of the flies which remain after you roll those items away.

Chumppell
Nov 9, 2007

Sanctum posted:

The D10 is what randomizes all the items you've picked up. And you can keep doing it! You gain more heart containers when you roll items with HP up, and doesn't lose the heart containers if you re-roll them away. Also getting pyro, the dollar, etc for free consumables is excellent, as well as becoming guppy/lord of the flies which remain after you roll those items away.

D10 randomizes enemies, D20 randomizes all pick-ups in the room (hearts, keys, bombs, etc.), D4 randomizes your items.

Manatee Cannon
Aug 26, 2010

Man, it is so hard to die with Gimpy. Satan probably would have killed me without the soul hearts I was making GBS threads out pretty much every time I got hit. That makes three Satan kills, only need two more.

Ghost Head
Sep 16, 2008
Tech 2 + Fear shot is some good poo poo. Picked up this combo late in my run and it managed to get me over the line for an It Lives kill on hard.

Kliff
Feb 7, 2009

Forgotten by everyone? Kanako's fault.
I envy all of you getting good luck with curse rooms. All I ever get are spiders, explosions, and disappointment.

Irony Be My Shield
Jul 29, 2012

Azazel also gets one completely free curse room thanks to his flight + teleport, so definitely go into the first one you find (try to get a bomb before you go in though, there are some curse room layouts with stone chests and blue flames).

If the sacrifice room spikes send you down to half a red heart (with no soul hearts) you'll always get the reward. Sometimes this is worth doing on the first or second floor, since there are often enough hearts around to heal up afterwards anyway. I wouldn't ever pay health that I can't immediately get back to use them though.

Sadly walking over sacrifice spikes while invincible doesn't seem to grant you the reward anymore.

Wugga
Oct 30, 2006

I BEAT MEAT

Irony Be My Shield posted:

Sadly walking over sacrifice spikes while invincible doesn't seem to grant you the reward anymore.

It still gives you a chest if you drop down to half a heart, though. At least it's happened to me every time so far.

Also it feels as if sacrifice rooms are more generous in this game, giving you a prize for less health spent, although after 20 or so tries I wouldn't draw conclusions.

Syllogism
Jun 7, 2001

We have listened. We are unmoved. The cleansing will proceed.
I've all the resource files extracted, and based on the achievement xml and other files, Godhead was supposed to unlock simultaneously with the Lost. Doesn't look like there is anything left to find.

Pants Donkey
Nov 13, 2011

God drat if Cat Got Your Tongue isn't the worst challenge. I'd rather do Suicide King again than sit here tiring my thumb trying to twirl Isaac around like an idiot.

It's as if they decided Solar System wasn't annoying enough, so now you have to do it manually with just one orbital.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

pumpinglemma
Apr 28, 2009

DD: Fondly regard abomination.

It feels to me like curse rooms are worth it on average if you have flight or a teleport, or if you have no soul hearts. Otherwise it feels like you lose health on average, but the possible upside of a Guppy item or a devil room is high enough that it might be worth it anyway if either your run is going to poo poo or you've got soul hearts to burn.