Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Demp
Nov 5, 2003

GLORIOUS
Ducalion has gone too far. He must be stopped. :(

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jay 2K Winger
Oct 10, 2007

What are you looking for?
VA results--

1. Shynron def. Missile Assault Ant with a second-rope 630 splash.

2. Team Touchdown def. Team Hatfield in atomicos increibles when referee Bryce Remsburg pinned El Hijo del Ice Cream. Described as completely ludicrous and hilariously fun.

3. Die BDK def. The Spectral Envoy when Jakob hit Frightmare with a KO forearm. Delirious was the third man, and Jakob gave him the Eye of Tyr.

4. Eddie Kingston def. Volgar with the Backfist to the Future. Jimmy Jacobs came out with Volgar and interfered in the match.

Post-match, a brawl broke out, and Deucalion emerged. Dasher Hatfield tried to fight him, and failed, and Shynron was thrown some 10-15 feet up the entrance stage. Deucalion tried to destroy Gavin Loudspeaker, but Archibald Peck saved him. In retaliation for it, Deucalion destroyed Archie with the choke-breaker. This cast a major pall over the venue throughout intermission.

5. The Wrecking Crew def. The Osirian Portal & N_R_G, but no details are available yet.

6. The Colony def. The Bloc Party with the Ant Hill on Prakash Sabar.

7. Icarus def. Jimmy Jacobs by tapping him to the Chikara Special to retain the Grand Championship of Chikara.

Post-match, Deucalion emerged again, and the entire Chikara roster came out to confront him. Deucalion asks if they're happy now, and tells them their heroes aren't coming back, reminding them of the demises of Thunderfrog and Peck and others, and they're dead "because you wanted Chikara back. ARE YOU HAPPY NOW?! In war, there are casualties... aren't there, Jimmy?" He went to destroy Jimmy Jacobs for his failure, but Icarus saved him by spearing Deucalion. Deucalion left with a grin on his face, and Jacobs ran away, confused. The roster celebrated with Icarus.

Germansimp
May 28, 2013

DM Punk posted:

RIP Marchie Archie / Archibald Peck.

drat you Deucalion, drat you to hell...

Regardless, any chance the Mysterious & Handsome Stranger will be making his triumphant return at the next Chikara show? Been almost 2 years since we last saw him.

TotalHell
Feb 22, 2005

Roman Reigns fights CM Punk in fantasy warld. Lotsa violins, so littl kids cant red it.

What a great show today. The death was tragic; when Deucalion emerged and we all knew what was coming, my wife just started screaming "NO!" at the top of her lungs.

The 4v4 match was absolutely hilarious and amazing. It featured Bryce doing a series of homages to The Undertaker: the sit-up, the top-rope walk, the Tombstone Piledriver with pin, the throat slit taunt, and using Ashley Remington's fruit basket as the urn, with Ashley doing a Paul Bearer impression after he presented it to Bryce.

Parasara
Sep 17, 2014

Next time I see that woman, I'm shooting her, and not in the knee.
Were either Moonraker or Thunderdome taped for eventual video release? I'd really like to see Peck's death since it seems so important storywise but I can't find a place to buy it.

LobsterMobster
Oct 29, 2009

"I was being quiet and trying to be a good boy but he dialed the right combination to open the throw-down vault and it was on."

"Walter Foxx is ten times brighter than your bulb at the bottom of the tree merry xmas"

Parasara posted:

Were either Moonraker or Thunderdome taped for eventual video release? I'd really like to see Peck's death since it seems so important storywise but I can't find a place to buy it.

Everything is taped, it should be a few weeks before they come out. Trios had a crazy quick turnaround, but that's special for Trios.

DM Punk
Aug 24, 2004
Heidi Lovelace won the Night 2 of the YLC. That means the final is Heidi Lovelace vs Missile Assault Ant. They announced the finals will be on the iPPV season finale on 12/6 at the ECW Arena.

Gavok
Oct 10, 2005

Brock! Oh, man, I'm sorry about your...

...tooth?

The last two shows are now available on Smart Mark.

They've announced that the iPPV finale show next month will have a Cibernetico match. Nobody announced yet, but I mark for those, so I'm down. Whether I can make it to the show or not is another question.

Here are the matches for next weekend's shows:

On Her Majesty's Secret Service (Haverhill, MA)

1) Golden Trio and Osirian Portal vs. Sidney Bakabella’s Wrecking Crew

2) Ashley Remington vs. Juan Francisco de Coronado

3) Spectral Envoy and Batiri vs. Flood

4) Shyrnon vs. Proletariat Boar of Moldova

5) Worker Ant vs. Prakash Sabar

6) Princess Kimberlee vs. Missile Assault Ant

For Your Eyes Only (South Windsor, CT)

1) Tag title match: Throwbacks vs. 3.0

2) Frightmare vs. Delirious

3) UltraMantis Black vs. Jimmy Jacobs

4) Batiri vs. Ashley Remington/Jervis Cottonbelly vs. ? vs. ?

5) Eddie Kingston vs. Snow Troll

6) Osirian Portal vs. Jaka/Oleg the Usurper

7) Worker Ant vs. Hallowicked

8) Shynron vs. Nøkken

The second show seems so much better than the first it's insane.

OmegaBR
Feb 14, 2012

Come to me .... and live forever.

Gavok posted:

The second show seems so much better than the first it's insane.

Not uncommon from what I've noticed.

UltimoDragonQuest
Oct 5, 2011

Just found out a show was happening 15 minutes from Hartford. They really should had someone with flyers at the last ISW show. Or run shows in CT in the last 4 years.

Gavok
Oct 10, 2005

...tooth?

I finished Thunderball, the Saturday show from the last set released. It's easily the most solid in-house (not counting the Aftermath) show Chikara's done in forever. In other words, the best non-Trios show they've done since at least 2012.

What sucked is how Silver Ant vs. Shynron was this great match with an awesome idea for an ending spot, only they botched it. If they did it right, it would have been in Chikara highlight reels forever.

Ashley Remington vs. Juan Francisco de Coronado had one of the best moments of the night. They were doing a bit where JFDC was on the outside, wanting to brawl while Remington was holding the ropes open, insisting he return to the ring. Suddenly, a huge black widow spider crawled across the ring and Bryce and Remington freaked out until it was gone. There was this great improv between the two where they kept checking on each other to make sure they were okay. JFDC went back to yelling that he wanted to fight on the outside, but now Remington's all, "No, we're going to wrestling in HERE... where there are no spiders."

Sub Rosa
Jun 9, 2010

Gavok posted:

What sucked is how Silver Ant vs. Shynron was this great match with an awesome idea for an ending spot, only they botched it. If they did it right, it would have been in Chikara highlight reels forever.

I haven't seen the tape, but I was there live. From my seat it was a bit sloppy, but I wouldn't call it botched.

Gavok
Oct 10, 2005

...tooth?

Sub Rosa posted:

I haven't seen the tape, but I was there live. From my seat it was a bit sloppy, but I wouldn't call it botched.

On video, he completely misses it. It's not even close.

Sub Rosa
Jun 9, 2010

That's really unfortunate.

LobsterMobster
Oct 29, 2009

"I was being quiet and trying to be a good boy but he dialed the right combination to open the throw-down vault and it was on."

"Walter Foxx is ten times brighter than your bulb at the bottom of the tree merry xmas"

Gavok posted:

I finished Thunderball, the Saturday show from the last set released. It's easily the most solid in-house (not counting the Aftermath) show Chikara's done in forever. In other words, the best non-Trios show they've done since at least 2012.

Ashley Remington vs. Juan Francisco de Coronado had one of the best moments of the night. They were doing a bit where JFDC was on the outside, wanting to brawl while Remington was holding the ropes open, insisting he return to the ring. Suddenly, a huge black widow spider crawled across the ring and Bryce and Remington freaked out until it was gone. There was this great improv between the two where they kept checking on each other to make sure they were okay. JFDC went back to yelling that he wanted to fight on the outside, but now Remington's all, "No, we're going to wrestling in HERE... where there are no spiders."

Ace crushers weren't hitting well at all in Gibsonville.

I was right next to JFdC yelling at him to watch out for the spider. Fun fact: Bryce basically kicked it out of the ring and into the face of a 10 year old kid

Also fun fact: the spider returned between matches and was murdered.

My Lovely Horse
Aug 21, 2010

That spider picked the wrong fed. In DDT it would be champion by now.

rotinaj
Sep 5, 2008

Fun Shoe

UltimoDragonQuest posted:

Just found out a show was happening 15 minutes from Hartford. They really should had someone with flyers at the last ISW show. Or run shows in CT in the last 4 years.

Yeah, but I'm still trying to go with some friends of mine. A chance to see CHIKARA live? I'm in.

Gavok
Oct 10, 2005

...tooth?

LobsterMobster posted:

Fun fact: Bryce basically kicked it out of the ring and into the face of a 10 year old kid

Hm. On one hand, that isn't very family friendly. On the other hand, sharing is caring.

quote:

Also fun fact: the spider returned between matches and was murdered.

Just going to pretend it was Deucalion in an untaped segment.

Jay 2K Winger
Oct 10, 2007

What are you looking for?
Still no idea who Deucalion actually is, but give Quack credit for finding a guy who has the right build and voice for a terrible murder machine. If Deucalion had had to cut a promo with a cracking BRAWK LESNAR voice, he wouldn't be nearly as menacing.

CombineThresher
Apr 10, 2006

GIT R DONNE

Jay 2K Winger posted:

Still no idea who Deucalion actually is, but give Quack credit for finding a guy who has the right build and voice for a terrible murder machine. If Deucalion had had to cut a promo with a cracking BRAWK LESNAR voice, he wouldn't be nearly as menacing.

I love his weird gas mask too. He looks like Frank Horrigan from Fallout 2.

RealFoxy
May 11, 2011

I'm not making a fucking QCS thread for this but seriously can we take a harder stance on Kiwifarms freaks like this guy, Jesus Christ seriously, you used to be better at knocking these creeps down. I guess ADTRW mods aren't responsible like GBS mods are.

Jay 2K Winger posted:

He helped train Tursas until he was legitimately great as a big guy too. And then he retired to become a nurse.

Gavok
Oct 10, 2005

...tooth?

Flameingblack posted:

He helped train Tursas until he was legitimately great as a big guy too. And then he retired to become a nurse.

I also believe Nokken has a lot of promise.

Speaking of Deucalion having a cool voice, here is a badass Deucalion promo. Features the use of the word "braggadocious".

Gavok
Oct 10, 2005

...tooth?

Double-posting because I'm halfway into Moonraker and the Atomicos Ridiculoso match (four tag teams split up into an 8-man tag) is the hardest I've laughed at a Chikara match in years. It's up there with the Duck, Duck, Goose match at Trios 2012, if less coherent.

The part that killed me begins with Archibald Peck and Ashley Remington hugging in the ring. Bryce starts to count at them, causing them to immediately break off because, "I break at one!" Ashley then winks and does his finger-gun point at Archie. Archie sells it and screams, "YOU SHOT ME!" while clutching his gut. El Hijo del Ice Cream enters the ring, falls to his knees and screams in horror. Ashley is all confused with his finger-gun still out, waving it around while all the other wrestlers and Bryce scream and try to duck. Archie gets back up and pulls out his own finger-gun. With an angry yell, he points it at Ashley just as Bryce dives in front of him. Bryce takes the bullet and dies in the center of the ring.

As the chants of "YOU KILLED BRYCE!" started to die down, all eight wrestlers remain quiet and wide-eyed. Then they slowly and awkwardly remove themselves from the ring and try to walk to the back. That is, until Shane Matthews says, "Hey, guys! ...WE CAN CHEAT!" Then everyone starts immediately delivering back-rakes, eye-pokes, chokes, purple nurples, etc. as they move back to the ring.

LobsterMobster
Oct 29, 2009

Gavok posted:

Double-posting because I'm halfway into Moonraker and the Atomicos Ridiculoso match (four tag teams split up into an 8-man tag) is the hardest I've laughed at a Chikara match in years. It's up there with the Duck, Duck, Goose match at Trios 2012, if less coherent.

The part that killed me begins with Archibald Peck and Ashley Remington hugging in the ring. Bryce starts to count at them, causing them to immediately break off because, "I break at one!" Ashley then winks and does his finger-gun point at Archie. Archie sells it and screams, "YOU SHOT ME!" while clutching his gut. El Hijo del Ice Cream enters the ring, falls to his knees and screams in horror. Ashley is all confused with his finger-gun still out, waving it around while all the other wrestlers and Bryce scream and try to duck. Archie gets back up and pulls out his own finger-gun. With an angry yell, he points it at Ashley just as Bryce dives in front of him. Bryce takes the bullet and dies in the center of the ring.

As the chants of "YOU KILLED BRYCE!" started to die down, all eight wrestlers remain quiet and wide-eyed. Then they slowly and awkwardly remove themselves from the ring and try to walk to the back. That is, until Shane Matthews says, "Hey, guys! ...WE CAN CHEAT!" Then everyone starts immediately delivering back-rakes, eye-pokes, chokes, purple nurples, etc. as they move back to the ring.

I saw both of them live, and I think Atomicos Increibles was super way funnier than the Submission Squad vs Gentleman's Club match at Trios (Even if it did feature a lot of Bryce getting involved, which I'm not a huge fan of)

Edit: someone posted a snippet of it - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kBv8UoLc3yk

LobsterMobster fucked around with this message at 01:53 on Nov 13, 2014

DM Punk
Aug 24, 2004
That was pretty amazing.

Gavok
Oct 10, 2005

...tooth?

Watching the end of Moonraker, I got Mortal Kombat II flashbacks.

Food Court Druid
Jul 17, 2007

Boredom is always counter-revolutionary. Always.
Don't worry guys, Robert Evans still has 3 characters left!

Oh, and Moonraker was great. Thunderball was your usual Chikara B-show, but featured a great singles match between Shynron and Silver Ant.

Gambit from the X-Men
May 12, 2001

a war boy standing alone in the desert blasting his mouth with cum from a dildo
Well, The Shard is dead.

LobsterMobster
Oct 29, 2009

Saint-X posted:

Well, The Shard is dead.

:qq:

Suben
Jul 1, 2007

In 1985 Dr. Strange makes a rap album.
Apparently it happened because 17 turned on Deucalion saving Frightmare as Deucalion was about to take him out.

Gavok
Oct 10, 2005

...tooth?

I'm more bummed about that than with Archie being killed.

So updated Deucalion kill list:

- Kobald
- deviANT
- Estonian Thunderfrog
- 3quinox
- Create-a-Wrestler II
- Archibald Peck
- The Shard

Non-Deucalion deaths:

- Dragon Dragon (via Oleg the Usurper)
- Darkness Crabtree (either via 17 or old age)
- Private Eye Jr. (via 17)
- Tursas (via Estonian Thunderfrog)

rotinaj
Sep 5, 2008

Fun Shoe
I'm majorly excited about tomorrow. I hope something super great happens.

Gambit from the X-Men
May 12, 2001

Tonight's show was between pretty good and really good. The closing five on five tag match was great--a lot of Bakabella and a minimum of Icarus--and the crowd was hot for most of the night. Shynron seemed to blow everyone away. Deucalion is a murderer. The Princess Kimberlee/Missile Assault Ant match was booked poorly and killed the crowd for a bit after the 3.Cheerio vs Nokken/Jacob/Grimsly opener.

Heels dominated the card, though one young kid got the crowd chanting his name by being super into it. That was great.

I was most looking forwards to Deucalion, and that delivered. He's absurdly strong and was barely involved in the match as a match--which was, itself, barely a match. Ultramantis and Jimmy were brawling in my section, the Duke was slowly strolling around--how many actual matches has he even been in now? I wasn't expecting him to wrestle and, mostly, he wandered around brutalizing people. When the chokebreaker became clear, a guy in the front row was devastated and tried to reason with him.

Oh well. Brief trip report. First wrestling event I've been to. Will definitely go back to Chikara shows when it's an option, though I'll never cheer Remington or Icarus. Remington's just too clearly a heel gimmick played face, and Icarus bores me. Oh well.

Forgot to say: I filmed the last few minutes of the Flood's match, including the murder, if anyone wanted to catch that.

Gambit from the X-Men fucked around with this message at 06:44 on Nov 16, 2014

Gavok
Oct 10, 2005

...tooth?

Saint-X posted:

Ultramantis and Jimmy were brawling in my section, the Duke was slowly strolling around--how many actual matches has he even been in now?

This was Deucalion's first match.

And yeah, roll that beautiful murder footage.

Gambit from the X-Men
May 12, 2001

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=z1KU8B5WASU

At the very end, you can hear the kid behind me start one of his one-man "awkward silence" chants. I'm sorry I didn't capture the full majesty of him.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jBm6eNSKXaU is pretty much the extent of his in-ring performance. His out-of-ring beatings had a lot of Bane to them, which I should have expected. Brutal and precise, but not just brawling. Wrecking? Deconstructing?

Gambit from the X-Men fucked around with this message at 06:58 on Nov 16, 2014

syzpid
Aug 9, 2014
There's one thing I'm confused about. When did The Batiri join up with the Chikara side? I know that Dec killed Kobald, but before the Ashes of Chikara season they were all set to get revenge on UltraMantis. Did they just quietly drop that? It seems weird since Delirious seems to be aligned with the flood.

Gavok
Oct 10, 2005

...tooth?

Saint-X posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=z1KU8B5WASU

At the very end, you can hear the kid behind me start one of his one-man "awkward silence" chants. I'm sorry I didn't capture the full majesty of him.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jBm6eNSKXaU is pretty much the extent of his in-ring performance. His out-of-ring beatings had a lot of Bane to them, which I should have expected. Brutal and precise, but not just brawling. Wrecking? Deconstructing?

Nice. He looks like if Sweet Tooth was a blacksmith instead of a clown.

syzpid posted:

There's one thing I'm confused about. When did The Batiri join up with the Chikara side? I know that Dec killed Kobald, but before the Ashes of Chikara season they were all set to get revenge on UltraMantis. Did they just quietly drop that? It seems weird since Delirious seems to be aligned with the flood.

I guess the whole thing is that they gave a drat about Chikara, even if they were with Delirious at the time. During the time off, a video popped up of Obaryon and Kodama eating popcorn in their Bled Island bachelor pad, watching something on TV, and then getting super pissed off at what they were seeing. When they released Ashes of Chikara as a full movie, they revealed that they were watching the end of Never Compromise and they were offended that Chikara was being destroyed. When Icarus was trying to rally other Chikara guys, there was an audio clip put up of Kobald claiming that he was on his way to it, but then he got jumped by Condor goons.

Batiri still acted like heels at the Wrestling Is shows, but they were there when Wrestling is Art got closed down by Sinn Bodhi, who used to be their leader. They were all confused and angry about it, but Bodhi gave them the cold shoulder and walked away.

They played the occasional tweener role, but they weren't full-on faces until the big brawl at National Pro Wrestling Day. There they went right after Bodhi.

oatgan
Jan 15, 2009

whatever happened with the evil management time travelling storyline did all that just get set aside or does it tie in to the Flood thing

Gavok
Oct 10, 2005

...tooth?

oatgan posted:

whatever happened with the evil management time travelling storyline did all that just get set aside or does it tie in to the Flood thing

They never really said for sure yet if Titor was time-travel-related. That was speculated due to their name (some urban legend internet guy named Titor who claimed to be a time traveler) and because Archie was making time travel an actual plot point. The most they ever explained was that they had ties with evil mercenaries all that. Also, white supremacy, but that never made sense (one of the main Condor goons was black) and they wrote that off as an untrue accusation meant to drive Wink Vavasseur over the edge.

Right now, it's all set aside for the most part. During the downtime, they did some confusing scavenger hunt thing where story-wise, Wink turned on his father Conrad Vavasseur and helped Icarus and the Chikara fans publicly embarrass Titor and the Condor goons. After that, Titor decided to wash their hands of Chikara by selling the name to Robbie Ellis. He made one appearance (alongside Buck Hawke, who has also appeared only the one time, oddly enough), named Quack the Director of Fun and was never seen again.

It's suggested that Deucalion is working for Titor via random details. In Ashes, Archie had a bunch of random notes on his wall. This includes "TITAN OF TITOR" and "CONRAD = PROMETHEUS." In Greek mythology, Deucalion is the son of Prometheus and survived Zeus' flood. There's that No Private Army blog, which was about calling out Titor and Condor for being involved in war crimes. One post talked about a super soldier mass-murderer known only as "Duke" who was wanted for questioning by the United Nations. Before he was given a name, most fans just called him Titan of Titor.

Actually, most fans just called him Bane, but a couple called him Titan of Titor.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Suben
Jul 1, 2007

In 1985 Dr. Strange makes a rap album.
Turns out that Slash was Pinkie Sanchez.

So the reborn BDK looks like it's Jakob/Pinkie/Nokken.

• Locked thread