Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

CombineThresher
Apr 10, 2006

GIT R DONNE

Does this exist? If not, can it please exist?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

LvK
Feb 27, 2006

FIVE STARS!!

WrasslorMonkey posted:

Intimidating, yes, but is he tall? Also he might get a little pissed when the WWE starts calling him Russian.

he's 5'9". Maybe he can literally kill some jobbers.

Gonz
Dec 22, 2009

"Jesus, did I say that? Or just think it? Was I talking? Did they hear me?"

CombineThresher posted:

10,001 ways to use Brother, Dude and Jack in a sentence.

rovert
Jun 10, 2013
I take it you are including Beth Hardy in the "Hardys", Saint Jimmy.

Say Nothing
Mar 5, 2013

by FactsAreUseless

LvK posted:

he's 5'9". Maybe he can literally kill some jobbers.
Wikipedia says 6'3" and 260lbs. He was mistakenly listed as 5'9" for the 2012 Olympics.

LvK
Feb 27, 2006

FIVE STARS!!

Say Nothing posted:

Wikipedia says 6'3" and 260lbs. He was mistakenly listed as 5'9" for the 2012 Olympics.

haha that's a pretty big difference!

Perigryn
Oct 22, 2010

TaJaaaaadoruuuuu

LvK posted:

haha that's a pretty big difference!
Enzo: "Whoa! Someone learned to be tall!"

Sum Mors
Feb 21, 2008

Bard Maddox posted:

chris hero doesn't have any troubles weighing in on anything these days

I wish everyone would stop getting on Hero about being fat. In my opinion he is an inspiration. I now know that even me and my sad goon flab could be a good wrestler if I tried.

Aesop Poprock
Oct 21, 2008

Grimey Drawer
He looks way less fat in that picture than all the other alarmist obese Hero pics regardless. In fact for most of his career that'd be considered downright svelte

Ganso Bomb
Oct 24, 2005

turn it all around

Aesop Poprock posted:

He looks way less fat in that picture than all the other alarmist obese Hero pics regardless. In fact for most of his career that'd be considered downright svelte

I think it's because he's in-action and not just standing around being a chubby dude. The skinniness of his arms in contrast to the rest of his body is still really weird, though. Fat (not that I'd consider Hero fat) guys with skinny arms always look so strange.

Tato
Jun 19, 2001

DIRECTIVE 236: Promote pro-social values

britishbornandbread
Jul 8, 2000

You'll stumble in my footsteps

Say Nothing posted:

WWE should sign Olympic wrestler Artur Taymazov just for the sheer intimidating look he has.

Who'd he ever beat?

Grendels Dad
Mar 5, 2011

Popular culture has passed you by.

CombineThresher posted:

Learn to Re

The_Rob
Feb 1, 2007

Blah blah blah blah!!

Sum Mors posted:

I wish everyone would stop getting on Hero about being fat. In my opinion he is an inspiration. I now know that even me and my sad goon flab could be a good wrestler if I tried.

Does anyone have the gif of Fat Hero doing a backflip to the outisde of the ring at BOLA, because Fat Hero is awesome.

oatgan
Jan 15, 2009

The_Rob posted:

Does anyone have the gif of Fat Hero doing a backflip to the outisde of the ring at BOLA, because Fat Hero is awesome.

Call Me Charlie
Dec 3, 2005

by Smythe

They also made a Big Boss Man costume in the same fashion. I wish I could find a picture of it.

Gavok
Oct 10, 2005

Brock! Oh, man, I'm sorry about your...

...tooth?

Call Me Charlie posted:

They also made a Big Boss Man costume in the same fashion. I wish I could find a picture of it.

There was an Ultimate Warrior one too. I know this because I trick or treated in it.

MotU
Mar 6, 2007

It was like she was evicting walking garbage.
Pillbug
I went as IRS when I was like 5 or 6 but no one knew who I was supposed to be and thought I was saying "I am the IRS". What a horrible Halloween

Daniel Bryan
May 23, 2006

GOAT

Excerpt from Daniel Bryan's book.

Sef!
Oct 31, 2012

I legit love Fat Hero. He reminds me a lot of the kind of wrestlers you would see banging around smaller promotions back in the 80's; dudes who weren't in what would be considered "good" shape, but could still do what they needed to in the ring. I almost kinda wish he would lean into it more, because "tubby dude who elbows people's faces off" is a wrassleman I can get behind.

Rythian
Dec 31, 2007

You take what comes, and the rest is void.

Daniel Bryan posted:

I will read the poo poo out of this. I'll even get a non-digital version if I have to.

Horns
Nov 4, 2009

Sef! posted:

because "tubby dude who elbows people's faces off" is a wrassleman I can get behind.

So I take it you're a huge Super Dragon fan?

FYI Cesaro is the tall one

HOTLANTA MAN
Jul 4, 2010

by Hand Knit
Lipstick Apathy
Bryan's writing it himself isn't he? I read Edge's book and he wrote it by himself. it was pretty good.

UltimoDragonQuest
Oct 5, 2011

Bryan's book is co-authored by a guy who wrote a WWE book about Shawn (not the autobiography) in 2011.

sticklefifer
Nov 11, 2003

by VideoGames

Daniel Bryan posted:

Why would you write your book in Word, Bryan? Buy Scrivener or something. :eng99:

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

sticklefifer posted:

Why would you write your book in Word, Bryan? Buy Scrivener or something. :eng99:

he's a hippy dippy, be happy he's not writing it on a typewriter

Gyro Zeppeli
Jul 19, 2012

sure hope no-one throws me off a bridge

HOTLANTA MAN posted:

Bryan's writing it himself isn't he? I read Edge's book and he wrote it by himself. it was pretty good.

Edge actually trained to be a journalist, so it stands to reason his book was pretty good :eng101:

El Gallinero Gros
Mar 17, 2010

Hijo Del Helmsley posted:

Edge actually trained to be a journalist, so it stands to reason his book was pretty good :eng101:

Edge's degree is in radio broadcasting. Jericho's diploma (he went to community college for a course called Creative Communications, which is a course that combines English and Journalism courses and fast-tracks you) is closer to actual journalism.

Rad R.
Oct 10, 2012
If we're gonna nitpick, nobody trains to be a journalist, they study. Communicology is often tied to broadcasting, journalism, and politology studies.

This month, I'm watching the WWE Network for free. Binge watching, that is. Remembering stuff like SummerSlam 1997. I don't miss the old blue steel cage.

Push El Burrito
May 9, 2006

Soiled Meat

Rad R. posted:

If we're gonna nitpick, nobody trains to be a journalist, they study. Communicology is often tied to broadcasting, journalism, and politology studies.

This month, I'm watching the WWE Network for free. Binge watching, that is. Remembering stuff like SummerSlam 1997. I don't miss the old blue steel cage.

According to the wrestlers, neither do they. Hurt like a bastard. A huge bastard. A god damned coffin riding bastard.

Meat Recital
Mar 26, 2009

by zen death robot
I seem to remember Owen Hart once hanging upside down from the blue cage with his feet in the holes, kind of like a tree of woe. Cant do that in the new cage unless you have really small feet.

Orange Carlisle
Jul 14, 2007

The old blue cage actually looked like it hurt when someone was bounced off of it though (probably because it did) and it felt like a big deal when they used it because there wasn't a cage match like every other week so there's that. I understand why it went away and don't want performers getting murdered on it but the chain link fence doesn't have nearly the same visual effect as the old school one and the chain link cage doesn't really feel like a special event type match anymore.

Peter Bazooka
Sep 29, 2005

This isn’t really anything I think I like.
Being able to win cage matches in any other way other than climbing out of the cage ruined them.

Big Coffin Hunter
Aug 13, 2005

Peter Bazooka posted:

Being able to win cage matches in any other way other than climbing out of the cage ruined them.

The "climbing out to win" stipulation ruined them. They're great when it's just a bloody brawl in a cage no one can run from and then someone gets their face scraped against the cage etc. etc.

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

At least climbing out was something you could use for believable drama and was a good tool to have for a cowardly heel trying to escape. Its always fun to watch a heel finally get his comeuppance in a cage where he tries to get away but can't.

No face should climb that cage ever, though. And the door just completely defeats the purpose of ever climbing or going for a pin. The door killed the cage match.

Cardboard Box
Jul 14, 2009

i hate the slow crawl to the open door spot so much

Two Beans
Nov 27, 2003

dabbin' on em
Pillbug
The current cage is probably lighter and easier to transport than ol' bluey.

e: tho safer? You'd have to ask Rollins about that.

kdrudy
Sep 19, 2009

The Elimination Chamber is the new cage match.

Seams
Feb 3, 2005

ROCK HARD
I thought Elimination Chamber was the new Hell in a Cell, and Hell in a Cell in the new cage match. Meaning a cage match is a new regular match and a regular match is nothing,

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Chinston Wurchill
Jun 27, 2010

It's not that kind of test.
Raw 136.