Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Morglon
Jan 13, 2010

Safe and sound, detached from reality.
Just like your posting.

Inimicul posted:

It does. That's why a Recluse alt firing swarms of Chosen and the like is near unkillable.

Until you have to reload.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Epic High Five
Jun 5, 2004

Inimicul posted:

It does. That's why a Recluse alt firing swarms of Chosen and the like is near unkillable.

Oh I knew that, I meant to like, an assault rifle with a poison element.

Combined with the Recluse perk, it means I could use my generally unused AR for emergency heals if it comes down to it.

So far though, survivability hasn't really been an issue. I went with Rhino and it's great

precedence
Jun 28, 2010

Epic High Five posted:

Oh I knew that, I meant to like, an assault rifle with a poison element.

Combined with the Recluse perk, it means I could use my generally unused AR for emergency heals if it comes down to it.

So far though, survivability hasn't really been an issue. I went with Rhino and it's great

I think the perk you are thinking of is the biotech only perk. You wouldn't be able to use it on another archetype.

Epic High Five
Jun 5, 2004

precedence posted:

I think the perk you are thinking of is the biotech only perk. You wouldn't be able to use it on another archetype.

Nnnnooooooooooo

Rhino is a shitload of fun so far. I kinda miss the raw AOE of my Recluse, but exploding bullets is a lot of fun and Sundering wave has potential too. Really looking forward to turret mode, but with the system how it is I need a blue quality one to replace the charge I'm not all that impressed with, lest I suffer a drop in power :saddowns:

Nalin
Sep 29, 2007

Hair Elf

Epic High Five posted:

Nnnnooooooooooo

Rhino is a shitload of fun so far. I kinda miss the raw AOE of my Recluse, but exploding bullets is a lot of fun and Sundering wave has potential too. Really looking forward to turret mode, but with the system how it is I need a blue quality one to replace the charge I'm not all that impressed with, lest I suffer a drop in power :saddowns:

I would stick with Repulsor Blast for leveling, Turret Mode for PvE raids, and Charge for PvP.

Nalin
Sep 29, 2007

Hair Elf
Update 1.2 arriving November 18th.

Also, their teaser video is amusing.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AQJFtf5uS1Y

Big features:
  • Operation Miru, a 5-man instance with two different paths, unique loot, special boss monsters, and a hardcore mode.
  • Skydock, the OCT event for Coral Forest.
  • Melded Outbreak, a new event that spawns on watchtowers.

Geekslinger
Jan 30, 2005

Been playing this the last couple of days and having a good time. I put in my application (Geekslinger) for Goon Squad army.

JonusRockweller
Jul 3, 2013

Geekslinger posted:

Been playing this the last couple of days and having a good time. I put in my application (Geekslinger) for Goon Squad army.

Application accepted.

Morglon
Jan 13, 2010

Just like your posting.
They really need to hurry up with the patch, I need something to play until Unity sorts out whatever weird thing it has going on with AMD drivers.

JonusRockweller
Jul 3, 2013

Morglon posted:

They really need to hurry up with the patch, I need something to play until Unity sorts out whatever weird thing it has going on with AMD drivers.

I'm just wondering if I should bother grinding the Operation Miru (Most likely has a lock out) or not; Since its usually "Blues and Purples for everyone!" on day one, then Greens after that.

Nalin
Sep 29, 2007

Hair Elf
Broken Teams v1.3 released (announcement post), for those of you who play in Broken Peninsula. The next Firefall patch on the 18th will add a new scoreboard to Broken Peninsula which uses the same keybind as Broken Teams. This new version will let you set a custom keybind if you wish to use both.
code:
- Added interface options for disabling the addon or changing colors.
- Added custom keybind support.
- Added a player watchlist.  Use /wl to open it.

I think I also forgot to mention that Goon Transit has gone through a couple updates. Pretty much only bug fixes, though. I just forgot to mention them.
code:
Version 1.5
- Support for queueing to a zone that doesn't have a difficulty.

Version 1.4
- Removed Warfront HC as it is identical to normal mode.
- Better compatibility with other addons that add themselves to the navwheel.

Version 1.3
- Added manual queueing feature.

In other news, tomorrow's Firefall Live will have Phobos guest hosting the show. They are going to be talking to the System's Designer in charge of reviewing the rewards that events give. They will probably talk about how Operation: Miru will give players rewards and how they want to create items in the future. They give away the $100 Digital Deluxe starter packs during these, so if you feel lucky log into twitch and participate. Two weeks ago I actually won two of the Halloween cosmetics during Firefall Live.

Morglon
Jan 13, 2010

Just like your posting.

Nalin posted:

They will probably talk about how Operation: Miru will give players rewards and how they want to create items in the future.

Seeing as how they handled rewards in the past as in nerfing the poo poo out of things that were done over and over because they were rewarding you with things that were worth your time instead of gently caress all doesn't exactly make me optimistic. In fact just thinking about it has made me not log in today and likely the near future.

Nalin
Sep 29, 2007

Hair Elf
:siren: Patch 1.2 released - Operation: Miru :siren:

Big patch today! There are a bunch of things happening, so I'll break them down.

Highlights of the 1.2 patch:
  • Operation: Miru, a 5-man instance like BWA, except with actual rewards. Includes a hardcore mode where you are 100% guaranteed to fight a special end-boss.
  • Skydock, an OCT-like event for Coral Forest.
  • Melded Watchtowers, a new take on watchtower combat.
  • Bounties and job boards in Broken Peninsula.
  • Cryogenic weapons.

:siren: Super LGV Challenge - Earn boosts for your LGV! :siren:

This is the next big event. Every day, you will get 3 free LGV race vouchers in the mail (more tokens can be bought for 100 credits). Unlike other events, there is no "missing a day" as you will be mailed your 3 daily tokens even if you don't sign in. There are three race tracks in each of the three PvE zones for a total of 9 races. You get a special LGV for the race that has a "boost" capability (8 second cooldown).

The races take place in the open world, so the Bandit Ambush encounter has been disabled, as the mine can insta-kill your LGV (as well as make the race track unusable).

Start: Tuesday, November 18th at 4:00pm PST
End: Monday, December 8th at 4:00pm PST

Losing: 3 vouchers
Winning: 9 vouchers
Winning + Gold time: 13 vouchers

You can spend vouchers on upgrade kits for your own LGVs which will give them the boost capability. Also on things like warpaints and 1-use Cheetah LGVs, but nobody cares about that poo poo. BOOSTS!

:siren: Hair, facial hair, and head shape cosmetics now free! :siren:

Players who purchased any of these items in the last 3 months will be refunded their red beans.

Fina
Feb 27, 2006

Shazbot!
For those that are curious the boosts for bean bikes cost 200 tokens. My first race glitched out and sent me on like 4 laps instead of the required two and then timed me out and ate my token. :red5:

Morglon
Jan 13, 2010

Just like your posting.

Fina posted:

For those that are curious the boosts for bean bikes cost 200 tokens. My first race glitched out and sent me on like 4 laps instead of the required two and then timed me out and ate my token. :red5:

None of the recent events have ever worked on day 1, it usually took them a few days to get poo poo sorted out.

Fina
Feb 27, 2006

Shazbot!
I was also getting a lot of weird keypress glitching. It'd bring up the map or other gui screens seemingly at random without me pressing any keys. Plus the stuttering/freezing bug is still there. Two good ways to ruin a race.

Nalin
Sep 29, 2007

Hair Elf
Goon Transit 1.6 - http://tinyurl.com/goontransit

- Added the Zone Explorer. Access via the navwheel or with /ze.
- Added a raw zone listing. Access with /gtzl.

The Zone Explorer still needs some work, but using it you should be able to access any zone in the game.

Inimicul
Oct 14, 2006

Shenanigans!
Nice. I'm eager to do some bike races again. I wonder if there are better rewards for racing in the other zones besides New Eden? I wonder if it's possible to use an LGV in Diamond Head without driving around a constant spam of barricades from abandoned missions?

Fina
Feb 27, 2006

Shazbot!
All of the races give the same rewards. The Northern Shores race seems to be the quickest and easiest if you're just wanting to grind out some races.

Ralith
Jan 12, 2011

I see a ship in the harbor
I can and shall obey
But if it wasn't for your misfortune
I'd be a heavenly person today

Nalin posted:

Losing: 3 vouchers
Winning: 9 vouchers
Winning + Gold time: 13 vouchers

You can spend vouchers on upgrade kits for your own LGVs which will give them the boost capability.
Huh, maybe I should reinstall and get in on th--

Fina posted:

For those that are curious the boosts for bean bikes cost 200 tokens.
nevermind.

Nalin
Sep 29, 2007

Hair Elf

Ralith posted:

Huh, maybe I should reinstall and get in on th--

nevermind.

If you get a Gold time with VIP + daily bonus, you get 18 vouchers. I had 6 tokens (they made a mistake and gave some players 3 of them yesterday) and I got gold on all 6. I have 108 vouchers. You should be able to get about 50 vouchers per day using your free tokens. It isn't that bad at all.

Keeshhound
Jan 14, 2010

Mad Duck Swagger

Epic High Five posted:

Recluse_thumping.jpg Never got hit once

I know this was a while ago, but why is it always medics with you?

Epic High Five
Jun 5, 2004

Keeshhound posted:

I know this was a while ago, but why is it always medics with you?

Actually lately it's been the Rhino for me, which is basically a 350 round Orion HA :/

Keeshhound
Jan 14, 2010

Mad Duck Swagger

Epic High Five posted:

Actually lately it's been the Rhino for me, which is basically a 350 round Orion HA :/

Delightful; I've been playing a little Assault. The plasma cannon reminds me of the days when the UBGL was good.

Epic High Five
Jun 5, 2004

Keeshhound posted:

Delightful; I've been playing a little Assault. The plasma cannon reminds me of the days when the UBGL was good.

Nice! I think you'll enjoy Firecat. Who is your character in game? Are you in GOONS?

My buddy and I are doing a Wednesday firefall playsession every week, you should join us! The first one is tomorrow

Keeshhound
Jan 14, 2010

Mad Duck Swagger

Epic High Five posted:

Nice! I think you'll enjoy Firecat. Who is your character in game? Are you in GOONS?

My buddy and I are doing a Wednesday firefall playsession every week, you should join us! The first one is tomorrow

I just started back up from a beta account this morning, haven't joined either clan yet, but it's the same as my SA and PS2 names (I'm fortunate in that it tends not to be replicated often.) And unless I'm very much temporally displaced, isn't today Wednesday?

Keeshhound fucked around with this message at 17:47 on Nov 19, 2014

Epic High Five
Jun 5, 2004

Keeshhound posted:

I just started back up from a beta account this morning, haven't joined either clan yet. And unless I'm very much temporally displaced, isn't today Wednesday?

It is I who is displaced! Yeah it's tonight. He's starting out fresh and I'm starting a new frame so it'll be new frames and new players, perfect time to join up.

The outfit isn't too active but it feels wrong not having a GOON tag, and there's always a few around and they're super helpful.

Nalin
Sep 29, 2007

Hair Elf
Goon Transit 1.7
- Zone Explorer shows min level and group counts for instances.
- Added difficulty dropdown to the Zone Explorer.
- Added requirements tooltip to the Zone Explorer queue button.
- Zone Explorer will close on zone changes.

Goon Transit 1.8
- Fixed a bug where it could queue on the wrong difficulty.

Goon Transit 1.9 - http://tinyurl.com/goontransit
- Fixed a bug where the queue tooltip in Zone Explorer wouldn't work on zones without difficulty levels.

:

Basically a bunch of work on the Zone Explorer. Can now queue on specific difficulties and see who the bad is who never got unlocked.

Nalin fucked around with this message at 01:57 on Nov 20, 2014

Fina
Feb 27, 2006

Shazbot!
I don't know if anyone else paid much attention to the patch notes but you now get a permanent 10% XP boost for every frame you hit the level cap with. It will only give you the notice when you switch to a sub-40 frame.

Morglon
Jan 13, 2010

Just like your posting.
So we've been doing the new instance a bunch and I have to say it looks fairly fun but it runs like absolute rear end for me. I can run the game on ultra all the time with no problems but for some reason my framerate just takes a huge hit there. It's so bad that it even freezes for a second or two every time I get hit and I have no idea why. Doing a clean reinstall now to see if that helps .

Other than that the racing seems decent too but things still keep spawning in your way, I had to dodge a bunch of huge Brontodon corpses blocking the road and on the last one I did I just got taken out by an LGV mine out the road completely wasting one of my tokens.

Fina
Feb 27, 2006

Shazbot!
At least I'm not the only one running into this issue.

I've been getting random keypresses in game and on top of being amazingly annoying it totally ruins the races. According to this thread it isn't even limited to Firefall itself, simply having Firefall running will cause it to spam keys in Windows as well.

Morglon
Jan 13, 2010

Just like your posting.

Fina posted:

At least I'm not the only one running into this issue.

I've been getting random keypresses in game and on top of being amazingly annoying it totally ruins the races. According to this thread it isn't even limited to Firefall itself, simply having Firefall running will cause it to spam keys in Windows as well.

That's pretty hosed up.

In other news I have now done a complete reinstall and so far it's working fine but I also haven't done Miru again yet. I can't get Melder to work at all though, not even the posted fixed version so that means no addons for now which is not the end of the world but super inconvenient for someone who mostly plays Bastion. That's not really something I can blame the game for though just something I'd appreciate some help with when it's convenient.

Digital_Jesus
Feb 10, 2011

Firefall: I've done a complete reinstall and so far it's working fine but I haven't tried it yet.

Morglon
Jan 13, 2010

Just like your posting.
Well the open world stuff is running fine but it always has been, it's just Miru that's hosed up for some reason. I can't test any of my poo poo though because it won't allow me to solo queue. Doing a ton of fixing on stuff that just doesn't work as well as I want it to lately because I have nothing better to do but apparently there is no such thing as a virtual GPU yet.

Ralith
Jan 12, 2011

I see a ship in the harbor
I can and shall obey
But if it wasn't for your misfortune
I'd be a heavenly person today

Morglon posted:

I can't get Melder to work at all though, not even the posted fixed version so that means no addons for now which is not the end of the world but super inconvenient for someone who mostly plays Bastion.
It's actually really easy to manually install addons.

Morglon
Jan 13, 2010

Just like your posting.

Ralith posted:

It's actually really easy to manually install addons.

I know and that's what I did but it doesn't check for updates that way and provides me with an easy way to deal with poo poo and look poo poo up.

Edit: at this point I'm just irked because something that should work does not and I have a bunch of free time and also Nalin actually coded it so he might read this and drop by and help me fix it eventually.

Morglon fucked around with this message at 01:25 on Nov 21, 2014

Nalin
Sep 29, 2007

Hair Elf

Morglon posted:

I know and that's what I did but it doesn't check for updates that way and provides me with an easy way to deal with poo poo and look poo poo up.

Edit: at this point I'm just irked because something that should work does not and I have a bunch of free time and also Nalin actually coded it so he might read this and drop by and help me fix it eventually.

Do you use the Steam version of Firefall? If so, go to \Steam\steamapps\common\Firefall\system\bin and run Launcher.exe. If it asks you to patch, click the button. After it completes, Melder will work for you.

Alternatively, if you don't mind mucking with your registry, download this file:
https://www.dropbox.com/s/ladbfr1wnhujm04/firefall.reg?dl=0

Open it up in a text editor and fix the file paths. Then double click it to add it to your registry. Melder should work after that. Hopefully.

Epic High Five
Jun 5, 2004

Nalin posted:

Do you use the Steam version of Firefall? If so, go to \Steam\steamapps\common\Firefall\system\bin and run Launcher.exe. If it asks you to patch, click the button. After it completes, Melder will work for you.

Alternatively, if you don't mind mucking with your registry, download this file:

Open it up in a text editor and fix the file paths. Then double click it to add it to your registry. Melder should work after that. Hopefully.

I did the first one and it worked like a charm. It takes awhile to get the file list or whatever but just wait it out

Your Transit mod is so useful I'd swear it's cheating. Going to make leveling frames that are in different level zones waaayyyy easier

Tei
Feb 19, 2011

Digital_Jesus posted:

Firefall: I've done a complete reinstall and so far it's working fine but I haven't tried it yet.

Firefall: I played the game for years, but I have not touched it since it got released*.

*undeservedly, the release version is hella cool

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Morglon
Jan 13, 2010

Just like your posting.

Nalin posted:

Oh right that was a thing you needed to do I completely forgot about when installing the game somewhere else. Working now, thanks.

• Locked thread