Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
SirDrone
Jul 23, 2013

I am so sick of these star wars

Beef Waifu posted:

Most of the GT designs are loving awful looking designs straight out of the 90s especially Baby-Vegeta's forms and half of the Dark Dragons. Honestly, Baby's design apes from a superior character altogether, Majin Buu.

The idea's behind some of the villains weren't bad, like every wish made from the dragon balls cumming back to bite them back in the rear end and having to defeat them via unorthodox methods: *Pour Water, make em mad* Or fighting a enemy like Captain Ginyu who just kept body hopping but the problem was it always resulted in Goku saving the day with no other character getting much development.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

NikkolasKing
Apr 3, 2010

So the Ocean dub of DBZKai is still happening.

I'll watch it. Ocean's pretty good in my experience.

Although I've heard Richard Ian Cox (Inuyasha, Ranma, Quicksilver from X-Men Evolution, Allelujah/Hallelujah, Kira's one stupid friend who got killed) might be voicing Goku. I like him but his voice really does suit snide young punks best and I'm not so sure about how he'd perform as Goku.

facebook jihad
Dec 18, 2007

by R. Guyovich
Well I won't be banned

e X
Feb 23, 2013

cool but crude
Also, Universe 9 is best universe!

Silynt
Sep 21, 2009

e X posted:

Also, Universe 9 is best universe!

Have they had any backstory yet? I think that they're the most intriguing of all the universes, except for maybe Gast

Stairmaster
Jun 8, 2012

That whole thing seemed kind of pointless to be hyping up on the chapter cover and title.

Assepoester
Jul 18, 2004
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
Melman v2

NikkolasKing posted:

So the Ocean dub of DBZKai is still happening.

I'll watch it. Ocean's pretty good in my experience.

Although I've heard Richard Ian Cox (Inuyasha, Ranma, Quicksilver from X-Men Evolution, Allelujah/Hallelujah, Kira's one stupid friend who got killed) might be voicing Goku. I like him but his voice really does suit snide young punks best and I'm not so sure about how he'd perform as Goku.
So does Dragonball have the most english language dubs ever?

The Bee
Nov 25, 2012

Making his way to the ring . . .
from Deep in the Jungle . . .

The Big Monkey!
My guess here is that we get a King Piccolo fake face turn to try and devour Gast for his power, but he ends up with so much concentrated good mojo he ends up legitimately turning nicer.

Thyrork
Apr 21, 2010

"COME PLAY MECHS M'LANCER."

Or at least use Retrograde Mini's to make cool mechs and fantasy stuff.

:awesomelon:
Slippery Tilde

gently caress trophy 2k14 posted:

That whole thing seemed kind of pointless to be hyping up on the chapter cover and title.

Smells like future payoff to me. Its a very Dragon Ball thing to do, its just Goku is normally the one doing it.

Throwing a Senzu Bean to Piccolo... Sparing Vegita... Reenergizing Freiza... ;)

Heck i'd be disapointed if Goku doesn't lampshade this somewhere.

facebook jihad
Dec 18, 2007

by R. Guyovich
Seems like they are planning on moving on from this fight. But if anything it's probably just going to be King Piccolo becoming a good guy

In It For The Tank
Feb 17, 2011

But I've yet to figure out a better way to spend my time.
The special surprise is that from now on, all fights will take place in the NEXT DIMENSION.

Spiritus Nox
Sep 2, 2011

In It For The Tank posted:

The special surprise is that from now on, all fights will take place in the NEXT DIMENSION.

Technically, they already are. :v:

In It For The Tank
Feb 17, 2011

But I've yet to figure out a better way to spend my time.
ANOTHER DIMENSION.

Blue Star
Feb 18, 2013

by FactsAreUseless

Cardboard Box A posted:

So does Dragonball have the most english language dubs ever?

How many English dubs are there? I first got into DBZ back in the 90s with the Ocean "next dimension" dub. Then that ended and Funimation took over with the Bruce Faulconer score. Then a few years later I remember hearing about the Ocean group continuing with their own English dub, and I've seen clips of it. Apparently they use the same scripts. And then there's the one where Piccolo is called Big Green and Tien has a weird voice. And the last one that I know of is the Thai or Indonesian one that has the hilarious voices.

Some Numbers
Sep 28, 2006

"LET'S GET DOWN TO WORK!!"

Blue Star posted:

How many English dubs are there? I first got into DBZ back in the 90s with the Ocean "next dimension" dub. Then that ended and Funimation took over with the Bruce Faulconer score. Then a few years later I remember hearing about the Ocean group continuing with their own English dub, and I've seen clips of it. Apparently they use the same scripts. And then there's the one where Piccolo is called Big Green and Tien has a weird voice. And the last one that I know of is the Thai or Indonesian one that has the hilarious voices.

Two English dubs 100% more than most series get.

I guess One Piece and Pokemon count, since 4Kids dropped both and the licenses got picked up by another company?

NikkolasKing
Apr 3, 2010

The Big Green Dub is almost funnier than TFS to be honest.
Vejituh, Yamcha, Tenshin and Klirin - they had survived."

Genocyber
Jun 4, 2012

Blue Star posted:

The "Big Green" dubs were by Westwood Media Productions and were just of (some of the?) movies. They also apparently hired a few Shakespearean trained actors looking for a quick buck, which is why some of the voices are good and the rest are complete garbage.

The other one is the "Mayalsian dub" and I know nothing about it other than that. It's also impossible to find even torrents of it, sadly.

Factory Factory
Mar 19, 2010

This is what
Arcane Velocity was like.
In the new DBM page, it seems like the organizers aren't just carrying in the Dragon Balls but the idiot ball as well. They've had a half-dozen reality-warping extreme health-and-safety risks make mincemeat of their security already, and now they are placing the Dragon Balls in between all of these risks and asking them politely to stay put. Presumably also to not shout any wishes, either.

Also, does it seem like the fansubs for Dragon Ball Kai have ground to a halt? What's up with that?

Arsonist Daria
Feb 27, 2011

Requiescat in pace.

Factory Factory posted:

In the new DBM page, it seems like the organizers aren't just carrying in the Dragon Balls but the idiot ball as well. They've had a half-dozen reality-warping extreme health-and-safety risks make mincemeat of their security already, and now they are placing the Dragon Balls in between all of these risks and asking them politely to stay put. Presumably also to not shout any wishes, either.

The only guy who's openly flouted the rules so far was Zen Buu, and Gast has that on lock. That said, this could clearly go wrong really fast.

Pyroi
Aug 17, 2013

gay elf noises

Factory Factory posted:

Also, does it seem like the fansubs for Dragon Ball Kai have ground to a halt? What's up with that?

Well, they can set up a protective barrier that takes Broly to break for the audience. Presumably they can set one up around the Dragon Balls, and set it up so that Shenron has a soundproof barrier around him.

facebook jihad
Dec 18, 2007

by R. Guyovich
Yeah, I figure if the plot of this comic is about to get hosed to hell now is the time for it.

Factory Factory
Mar 19, 2010

This is what
Arcane Velocity was like.

Pyroi posted:

Well, they can set up a protective barrier that takes Broly to break for the audience. Presumably they can set one up around the Dragon Balls, and set it up so that Shenron has a soundproof barrier around him.

And those guys with the crazy armor have cutting beams and weapons that are 100% not affected bythe barrier.

VanSandman
Feb 16, 2011
SWAP.AVI EXCHANGER

facebook jihad posted:

Yeah, I figure if the plot of this comic is about to get hosed to hell now is the time for it.

I hope they at least get the "resurrect everyone" wish off first.

Spiritus Nox
Sep 2, 2011

VanSandman posted:

I hope they at least get the "resurrect everyone" wish off first.

Yeah. Really want Alternate Pan and Emperor Veggie back.

Arsonist Daria
Feb 27, 2011

Requiescat in pace.

Spiritus Nox posted:

Yeah. Really want Alternate Pan and Emperor Veggie back.

The alt-universe where Vegito stayed Vegito is better in every way. I wish we could have a DBZGT based on that.

facebook jihad
Dec 18, 2007

by R. Guyovich
So I'm of the opinion DBM is going to stay a tournament the entire time and that many of Bardock's visions were red herrings. That's just me though

Gerty
Jun 11, 2013

by XyloJW

Stairmaster
Jun 8, 2012

I've never felt a power like this before

Gerty
Jun 11, 2013

by XyloJW

Crosspeice
Aug 9, 2013

Stop posting in all the threads I visit! :argh:

Dr. Miracle
Feb 13, 2008

born to shart
So how about that Goku you guys.

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
He's a piece of poo poo.

my cat is norris
Mar 11, 2010

#onecallcat

Retort: Goku is, in fact, awesome.

Flytrap
Apr 30, 2013
Not as cool a Piccolo.

my cat is norris
Mar 11, 2010

#onecallcat

Flytrap posted:

Not as cool a Piccolo.

I don't see a Piccolo pants smiley, do you? :colbert:

:goku:

Szmitten
Apr 26, 2008

my cat is norris posted:

Isn't that Krillin though? Look at the shoes.

Kild
Apr 24, 2010

Vegito is tired of loving panty wishes.

Petiso
Apr 30, 2012

my cat is norris posted:

my cat is norris
Mar 11, 2010

#onecallcat

If I had $30 to spare in this our holiday season...

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mordaedil
Oct 25, 2007

Oh wow, cool. Good job.
So?
Grimey Drawer

Szmitten posted:

Isn't that Krillin though? Look at the shoes.

That is actually SSJ4.

• Locked thread