Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Momomo
Dec 26, 2009

Dont judge me, I design your manhole
I haven't seen a bit of Jojo Part 4 crossover art, and that makes me sad.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Don Gato
Apr 28, 2013

Actually a bipedal cat.
Grimey Drawer

TurnipFritter posted:

The Persona 4/Scooby Doo comparisons would be a lot more fun if it had taken a page from Mystery Inc, but then I realized Mystery Inc was basically the Persona 2 Innocent Sin of the Scooby Doo franchise.

I understand the individual words here, but I have no idea what you're trying to say here.

TurnipFritter
Apr 21, 2010
10,000 POSTS ON TALKING TIME

Don Gato posted:

I understand the individual words here, but I have no idea what you're trying to say here.

Scooby Doo Mystery Inc was the most recent Scooby Doo cartoon series. It kind of went off the rails at the end in ways that are very reminiscent of things that happen in Persona 2.

Wrestlepig
Feb 25, 2011

my mum says im cool

Toilet Rascal

Momomo posted:

I haven't seen a bit of Jojo Part 4 crossover art, and that makes me sad.

ChaosArgate
Oct 10, 2012

Why does everyone think I'm going to get in trouble?

We're off to a good start!

TheKingofSprings
Oct 9, 2012

TurnipFritter posted:

Scooby Doo Mystery Inc was the most recent Scooby Doo cartoon series. It kind of went off the rails at the end in ways that are very reminiscent of things that happen in Persona 2.

Are you saying Hitler was the villain? :aaaaa:

TurnipFritter
Apr 21, 2010

TheKingofSprings posted:

It's technically just a parrot with a German accent, but he does have killer robots at his disposal.

Butt Ghost
Nov 23, 2013

Beef Waifu posted:

Yosuke is THE Shaggy of anime. He just needs to be smoking more grass... something more anime characters need to do.
That's actually how they summon their Personas in P5. The Velvet Room is also a hotbox.

The_Frag_Man
Mar 26, 2005

drat this is a pretty good fit. Except teddie I guess.

Edit: Has there been any P5 news yet? Isn't that supposed to be out soon?

The_Frag_Man fucked around with this message at 11:29 on Nov 11, 2014

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
We got info at TGS and the release date's been changed. So assuredly there will be some info going forward, maybe at Jump Festa this year, who the hell honestly knows though.

The Unholy Ghost
Feb 19, 2011
According to this list of vendors, Atlus won't be attending Jump Fiesta.

Sigh. Was Atlus this stingy with Persona 4 information?

Manatee Cannon
Aug 26, 2010

TurnipFritter posted:

Alright but what is the Pup Named Scooby Doo of the SMT universe

Demi-Kids doesn't count

Suaimhneas
Nov 19, 2005

That's how you get tinnitus

Should've had Marie as Scrappy

TurnipFritter
Apr 21, 2010

No, because they didn't announce until they had enough footage to make a 17 minute announcement trailer.

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022

Manatee Cannon posted:

Demi-Kids doesn't count

Persona Q

Tallgeese
May 11, 2008

MAKE LOVE, NOT WAR

Manatee Cannon posted:

Demi-Kids doesn't count

I would say that SMT4 had a narrative at around the same level of complexity.

Freak Futanari
Apr 11, 2008

Tallgeese posted:

I would say that SMT4 had a narrative at around the same level of complexity.

I wasn't actually very interested in SMT4, but if it's the first SMT game to come close to being as complex and well-written as even a single Scooby-Doo episode then i might have to look into it.

Scrap Dragon
Oct 6, 2013

SECRET TECHNIQUE:
DARK SHADOW
BLACK FALLEN ANGEL!

TurnipFritter posted:

The Persona 4/Scooby Doo comparisons would be a lot more fun if it had taken a page from Mystery Inc, but then I realized Mystery Inc was basically the Persona 2 Innocent Sin of the Scooby Doo franchise.

It was severely hosed up that one of the previous mystery solving groups wasn't a bunch of Japanese kids and their bear, imo

TheKingofSprings posted:

No, but the bad guy does use repurposed nazi robots

Tallgeese
May 11, 2008

MAKE LOVE, NOT WAR

Freak Futanari posted:

I wasn't actually very interested in SMT4, but if it's the first SMT game to come close to being as complex and well-written as even a single Scooby-Doo episode then i might have to look into it.

I just have to call attention to this post. It is brilliant on every level, just like the poster's insightful commentary on how Persona 1 is superior to that artless shitheap known as Innocent Sin.

Well done sir. Well done.

Freak Futanari
Apr 11, 2008
Actually, i think Innocent Sin is really good.

Tallgeese
May 11, 2008

MAKE LOVE, NOT WAR

Then you're dead to me.

The only good Persona games are 1 and Eternal Punishment.

Freak Futanari
Apr 11, 2008
Innocent Sin is good, also, and Persona 3 is okay.

Tallgeese
May 11, 2008

MAKE LOVE, NOT WAR

Eh, I wouldn't call a game that directly led to Persona 4 okay by any stretch of the imagination.

It's like saying that first period of slow decline that comes with the onset of Alzheimers is okay. Sure they're still somewhat there, but dark things are coming.

Freak Futanari
Apr 11, 2008
I like videogames. You like videogames too, even if we disagree about some of them. Let's be friends, Tallgeese.

Kinu Nishimura
Apr 24, 2008

SICK LOOT!
I was gonna say "Persona 4 is actually cool and good" but then I remembered that the actual RPG part is braindead boring and the parts I really enjoy are hanging out with my cool buddies which the game constantly forces me to stop doing for dumb plot bullshit and actually playing the game, so yeah, Persona 4 is actually kinda lame.

Butt Ghost
Nov 23, 2013

I enjoyed my stay with P3 more than I did my stay with P4, but after playing P4 I cannot go back to P3.

Kinu Nishimura
Apr 24, 2008

SICK LOOT!
Really, Megami Ibunruko as a whole is mostly worthwhile for Eternal Punishment and one of the Devil Survivor games (one or the other depending on the personal tastes of the player. I prefer 2.) But hey, they can't all be amazing god tier games like Raidou 2.

Tallgeese
May 11, 2008

MAKE LOVE, NOT WAR

Freak Futanari posted:

I like videogames. You like videogames too, even if we disagree about some of them. Let's be friends, Tallgeese.

Just as long as I get to be your Judgment Social Link.

---

Raidou 2 has amazing gameplay, but the alignment choices are still pretty bad.

Kinu Nishimura
Apr 24, 2008

SICK LOOT!

Tallgeese posted:

Raidou 2 has amazing gameplay, but the alignment choices are still pretty bad.

who cares

A Bystander
Oct 10, 2012
lmao if you think the alignment in Raidou 2 matters at all beyond getting those alignment-specific Case Files

Tallgeese
May 11, 2008

MAKE LOVE, NOT WAR

What can I say, I one day hope to find a game with meaningful choices that don't make it so that there is One True Right Path.

I am aware I hope in vain.

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022

Tallgeese posted:

What can I say, I one day hope to find a game with meaningful choices

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cIs55qCJfa4

Inflammatory
Apr 22, 2014
i haven't played a whole lot of smt games, but the ones i have played were cool and good even if they weren't perfect.

edgy, i know.

Tallgeese
May 11, 2008

MAKE LOVE, NOT WAR

Doesn't count, everyone knows that the One True Right Path in the Game of Life is to be born rich. :colbert:

Alder
Sep 24, 2013

Tallgeese posted:

Doesn't count, everyone knows that the One True Right Path in the Game of Life is to be born rich. :colbert:

C'mon now let's be fair to all the newcomers to the game and use the proper tags.

ThePhenomenalBaby
May 3, 2011
Maken X is the best one

Mr. Sophistication
May 16, 2014

I know this wasn't your original avatar but I just love this game. Cheers, rediscover.
so i just got to medusa in smt4 and she killed me in one turn. the MC is level 14 and all of my demons are 11-13, am i underleveled? i feel like i'm not making proper use of the fusion mechanics and poo poo, is there any help you guys can offer me so i dont get stuck on every single boss?

Kinu Nishimura
Apr 24, 2008

SICK LOOT!
level up a gremlin to level 14 and you win

Wrestlepig
Feb 25, 2011

my mum says im cool

Toilet Rascal

rediscover posted:

so i just got to medusa in smt4 and she killed me in one turn. the MC is level 14 and all of my demons are 11-13, am i underleveled? i feel like i'm not making proper use of the fusion mechanics and poo poo, is there any help you guys can offer me so i dont get stuck on every single boss?

Basically when something's got all it's skills, fuse it with something else. For medusa, you want to look for gun or lightning resistance, and force attacks. Medusa and Minotaur are tricky bosses because your options are really limited.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

laplace
Oct 9, 2012

kcab dneb smra ym semitemos tub ,reh wonk I ekil leef I

ThePhenomenalBaby posted:

Maken X is the best one

Maken X is ridiculous and amazing.