Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
MasterSlowPoke
Oct 9, 2005

Our courage will pull us through

Direwolf posted:

Is the 120 mm oval the flyer base? It's on the flyer base at the moment.
You must have giant hands, that looks like a round 60mm. Then he's definitely big enough. I had no idea the Cygor was so huge.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sulecrist
Apr 5, 2007

Better tear off this bar association logo.

Safety Factor posted:

So, I'm going through the Fire Raptor kit I bought recently and I've run into a couple of snags. Turns out Forge World didn't include the clear canopy so I either need to contact them about it or source one myself. Also, was this kit supposed to come with a flying base? It seems odd that that would be left out.

That said, I'm pretty excited to build this thing and I got IA 13 along with it. Its rules in there are an iteration of the trial and Horus Heresy rules and are pretty solid. It now has the option of switching its terrible ordnance hellstrikes for some S5 large blasts for 15 points which seems like a good idea. The special rending ammo seems like a pretty big points sink though, especially for the heavy bolters. But who takes those when the reaper battery's a thing? Honestly, that rending ammo is hilariously overpriced on most units for some reason. The book seems to assume that you will take all the heavy bolters you can get. The Fire Raptor also has the option of a dirge caster which I thought was a little odd for a gunship at first, but I can see the utility and for 5 points I'm going to try it out. Nothing really says 40k like a ten thousand year old gunship held together through spite, hatred, and baling wire roaring in and shooting everything in sight set to its own soundtrack of heavy metal and/or the screams of the damned. :black101:

My Fire Raptor came with a flying base. Make sure you go over everything for miscast issues before you ask, though. If you look in my post history I have a recent post where I detailed the issues I ran into.

Lord Thrust
Jan 18, 2013

If you build a man a fire he'll be warm for a night.
If you set a man on fire he'll be warm for the rest of his short, painful life.

SRM posted:

Hey, happy to hear your process! At this point I think I'd just really like to see what your bike looks like. I just did the blue on this set of bikes and that wasn't bad since it was basically all flat surfaces, but I'm gonna be relieved when this squad is done.

It's very similar, but it's different:

Here are a few pictures of the bike I was speaking of.

I really didn't see the mold line until this picture. Ugh. First time photographing my minis, though!

Improbable Lobster
Jan 6, 2012

"From each according to his ability" said Ares. It sounded like a quotation.
Buglord

Lord Thrust posted:

I really didn't see the mold line until this picture. Ugh. First time photographing my minis, though!

Every single mistake that you may have made instantly becomes 100% more visible in photographs.

Ghost Hand
Aug 10, 2004

Rampant 40k Fanboy

Safety Factor posted:

So, I'm going through the Fire Raptor kit I bought recently and I've run into a couple of snags. Turns out Forge World didn't include the clear canopy so I either need to contact them about it or source one myself. Also, was this kit supposed to come with a flying base? It seems odd that that would be left out.

That said, I'm pretty excited to build this thing and I got IA 13 along with it. Its rules in there are an iteration of the trial and Horus Heresy rules and are pretty solid. It now has the option of switching its terrible ordnance hellstrikes for some S5 large blasts for 15 points which seems like a good idea. The special rending ammo seems like a pretty big points sink though, especially for the heavy bolters. But who takes those when the reaper battery's a thing? Honestly, that rending ammo is hilariously overpriced on most units for some reason. The book seems to assume that you will take all the heavy bolters you can get. The Fire Raptor also has the option of a dirge caster which I thought was a little odd for a gunship at first, but I can see the utility and for 5 points I'm going to try it out. Nothing really says 40k like a ten thousand year old gunship held together through spite, hatred, and baling wire roaring in and shooting everything in sight set to its own soundtrack of heavy metal and/or the screams of the damned. :black101:

I believe it SHOULD have a flying base. My storm eagle did.

HiveCommander
Jun 19, 2012

Hencoe posted:

This is awesome, is there any pics of the inside?

E: more fun angry people
"loving GW.... Give me new Blood Angels already.... "Shield of baal" is huge in 1st company BA fluff and they are using it to push more nids.... Money grubbing asshats... Yes I'm bitter. Lol"

"Oh I'm sure they'll fit them in to this campaign, just irritated that they aren't first.... Outdated codex and overcosted models is killing me, and this was a perfect opportunity to push new BA early."
I love it when SM variants do this. They make it sound like there's not at least 3 other codices they can reasonably counts-as their models to bypass the 'old codex' issues, and just ally in their special snowflake stuff they apparently love so much, but never really use more than a single model/unit of (Like Baals, Sang Guard ect).

Ignite Memories posted:

Well have you ever considered that maybe tyranid players find it tedious watching you move all your little metal boxes around the table? Check your privilege.
If you're playing Tyranids, complaining about how tedious someone else's movement phase is would be the last thing you should do :v: Especially when it comes to running all the swarms you literally just moved 5 minutes ago.
Honestly, I used to just ask my opponent if it was fine to do my fleet/run rolls in the movement phase and shuffle them all up in one big hit. Now that there's a Psychic phase inbetween movement and shooting, resolving the run in the movement phase actually has an effect on the game now so it's unreasonable to expect people to be ok with it now :smith:

Hollismason posted:

I don't think any of the Forgeworld fliers come with flight stands actually.
Yeah, I still don't have a drat clue how I can put my Thunderhawk on a base. Last couple of games that I used it, I resorted to oblong wooden blocks to keep it above the battlefield.

Crab Dad
Dec 28, 2002

behold i have tempered and refined thee, but not as silver; as CRAB

HiveCommander posted:

I love it when SM variants do this. They make it sound like there's not at least 3 other codices they can reasonably counts-as their models to bypass the 'old codex' issues, and just ally in their special snowflake stuff they apparently love so much, but never really use more than a single model/unit of (Like Baals, Sang Guard ect).

If you're playing Tyranids, complaining about how tedious someone else's movement phase is would be the last thing you should do :v: Especially when it comes to running all the swarms you literally just moved 5 minutes ago.
Honestly, I used to just ask my opponent if it was fine to do my fleet/run rolls in the movement phase and shuffle them all up in one big hit. Now that there's a Psychic phase inbetween movement and shooting, resolving the run in the movement phase actually has an effect on the game now so it's unreasonable to expect people to be ok with it now :smith:

Yeah, I still don't have a drat clue how I can put my Thunderhawk on a base. Last couple of games that I used it, I resorted to oblong wooden blocks to keep it above the battlefield.

Go to tap plastic type store and buy some acrylic remnants. I use some clear tubes about 4" wide and 2" tall to hold up grav tanks.

HiveCommander
Jun 19, 2012

LingcodKilla posted:

Go to tap plastic type store and buy some acrylic remnants. I use some clear tubes about 4" wide and 2" tall to hold up grav tanks.
That's... actually a pretty interesting idea. I'd need it to be a fair bit taller than the average gravtank for obvious reasons, would that compromise the strength of the acrylic too much do you think?
EDIT: I'm talking at least the height of flight stands for Stormravens and such.

Crab Dad
Dec 28, 2002

behold i have tempered and refined thee, but not as silver; as CRAB

HiveCommander posted:

That's... actually a pretty interesting idea. I'd need it to be a fair bit taller than the average gravtank for obvious reasons, would that compromise the strength of the acrylic too much do you think?
EDIT: I'm talking at least the height of flight stands for Stormravens and such.

Use two and glue them both a rectangle of plastic? I'm not sure there is a really good answer due to the size of it. I'd be more worried about balance than the strength of the acrylic.

Star Man
Jun 1, 2008

There's a star maaaaaan
Over the rainbow
Where is a good place to go to get a rundown on space marine and general gameplay tactics? Right now I'm reading what's available on 1d4chan, but I'd like to have a resource that doesn't use rape every other sentence.

AbusePuppy
Nov 1, 2012

BEST DAY OF MY LIFE!!!!!! so far.

Lord Twisted posted:

The tide - 100 Orks, boss, mek, dok - is 900 points of unstoppable ork terror. 4++/5+ is too much to deal with.

A handful of things that might help: the 4++ is only for MODELS, not units, within 6" of the Big Mek, which generally means it won't get even close to all of the unit. If you focus your damage on the unprotected portions, you can often put a lot of hurt on them. Wyverns and similar units will really put the screws to it- remember, the Tide will have to take Morale/Pinning checks where appropriate, so stuff like Tank Shocks can be surprisingly useful. Also, despite their generally-quick movement speed (due to move + run + charge), they are still just regular infantry- Difficult Terrain can really make things harder for them, and putting units/terrain in their way to block them can also make things tricky- a well-placed tank or even just basic Infantry Squad can essentially stop the unit's movement for a whole turn.

Since the Tide is so many points crammed into a single unit, it will often try to charge multiple things at once- make sure you know the rules for multiple charges and how they work to keep your opponent honest. (Most people won't cheat intentionally, but a lot of folks don't know the limitations for doing so, the most important of which being that you don't benefit from Furious Charge or Rampage or the bonus attack from charging.) Also, remember the normal charging rules as well- models charge in a straight line from their position to the nearest model in the enemy unit, so a Tide will almost always have to cross terrain (incurring the -2" penalty) when assaulting.

Star Man posted:

Where is a good place to go to get a rundown on space marine and general gameplay tactics? Right now I'm reading what's available on 1d4chan, but I'd like to have a resource that doesn't use rape every other sentence.

If you can stand to wait a bit I'll be doing an article over on 3++ about Marines in 7E hopefully within the next week or two here. Apart from that, it depends a lot on what sort of SM army you're playing- a Drop Pod spam list, a Biker army, and a Rhino Rush are all gonna play very differently from each other, not to mention stuff like Scout-heavy armies and such. Are you looking for specific advice for a particular army, trying to figure out how to put together your own force, or something else?

ijyt
Apr 10, 2012

HiveCommander posted:

I think Ghost Hand talked about mounting his in one of his episodes, he can probably help out.

Lord Twisted
Apr 3, 2010

In the Emperor's name, let none survive.

AbusePuppy posted:

A handful of things that might help: the 4++ is only for MODELS, not units, within 6" of the Big Mek, which generally means it won't get even close to all of the unit. If you focus your damage on the unprotected portions, you can often put a lot of hurt on them. Wyverns and similar units will really put the screws to it- remember, the Tide will have to take Morale/Pinning checks where appropriate, so stuff like Tank Shocks can be surprisingly useful. Also, despite their generally-quick movement speed (due to move + run + charge), they are still just regular infantry- Difficult Terrain can really make things harder for them, and putting units/terrain in their way to block them can also make things tricky- a well-placed tank or even just basic Infantry Squad can essentially stop the unit's movement for a whole turn.

Since the Tide is so many points crammed into a single unit, it will often try to charge multiple things at once- make sure you know the rules for multiple charges and how they work to keep your opponent honest. (Most people won't cheat intentionally, but a lot of folks don't know the limitations for doing so, the most important of which being that you don't benefit from Furious Charge or Rampage or the bonus attack from charging.) Also, remember the normal charging rules as well- models charge in a straight line from their position to the nearest model in the enemy unit, so a Tide will almost always have to cross terrain (incurring the -2" penalty) when assaulting.

Cheers - You can combine it with a cheap 20 point relic banner to make it fearless unfortunately, but I didn't know it doesn't get Furious Charge for multi assaults! Might go for the hilarity of a cheap Dreadnought with Conquest of Ullanor upgrade (like 20 pts, forces rerolls to hit) which would completely neuter the charge. And you'd be surprised how far that 6" bubble goes - it can cover the majority of the front half of the unit, but it means you can barrage out the back of it (they still get the 5+ FnP most of the time, however). I simply underestimated how many loving Orks 100 is - a pair of drop podding sternguard squads (500-600 pts) would kill probably 30 of them on a good day... which is less than a third of the unit!

Frobbe
Jan 19, 2007

Calm Down

Frobbe posted:

This saturday it's nordic games day at libraries all over scandinavia, so i'll be at my local library demoing warhams. i'll be following the 6th ed kill team rules with some premade lists. any suggestions/enhancements to those rules, what i'm thinking of here is stuff that'll need to be house ruled in order for everyone to have fun.

i'm bringing these kill teams:

Pure kroot

Space marine tacticals with a scout squad

Astra militarum vets forward scouts with a scout sentinel (catachans ahoy!)

Tempestus scions.

hopefully some of the other dudes from our ham club will bring some tau, necrons and tyranids so we can really have a brawl! really tight boards with tons of terrain, too!

Quoting myself because i really would like to know people's experiences with kill team, and if there's stuff i should do/not do to make it equally enjoyable for everyone participating. I imagine most of the people who'll be trying this will never have played warhams or equivalents before.

Lord Twisted
Apr 3, 2010

In the Emperor's name, let none survive.

Frobbe posted:

Quoting myself because i really would like to know people's experiences with kill team, and if there's stuff i should do/not do to make it equally enjoyable for everyone participating. I imagine most of the people who'll be trying this will never have played warhams or equivalents before.

Kill team kicks arse, but can actually be a bit finicky if you have lots of individual models. Pack the board with terrain as thats how most units survive the first few turns, and keep the objectives clear and straightfoward.

Transport vehicles can be really OP, especially Chimeras (because they can theoretically kill 3 individual models a turn with multiple targeting)

Lord Twisted fucked around with this message at 12:36 on Nov 11, 2014

krushgroove
Oct 23, 2007

Disapproving look

Frobbe posted:

I would suggest maybe sticking with the basic weapons for whatever units you're using, and if you can use a mix of visually interesting models: Marines vs Orks, Eldar vs Necron, or a mix of these.

Frobbe
Jan 19, 2007

Calm Down

krushgroove posted:

I would suggest maybe sticking with the basic weapons for whatever units you're using, and if you can use a mix of visually interesting models: Marines vs Orks, Eldar vs Necron, or a mix of these.

here's my rosters for the 4 kill teams i've made. https://www.dropbox.com/sh/31m9845no25dqh9/AAAZ9WbL6DEZ77mWTCk42pdya?dl=0 Nobody is rocking vehicles. the 9 extra points i've spent on the space marines is because it's so thematic if they bring a heavy bolter that i just couldn't not do it!

The Sex Cannon
Nov 22, 2004

Eh. I'm pretty content with my current logo.
Crosspost!

The Sex Cannon posted:

Finished my Aegis defense line last night! I also finished my scratch-built Adeptus Trashcanicus comms relay!

AbusePuppy
Nov 1, 2012

Lord Twisted posted:

Cheers - You can combine it with a cheap 20 point relic banner to make it fearless unfortunately, but I didn't know it doesn't get Furious Charge for multi assaults! Might go for the hilarity of a cheap Dreadnought with Conquest of Ullanor upgrade (like 20 pts, forces rerolls to hit) which would completely neuter the charge. And you'd be surprised how far that 6" bubble goes - it can cover the majority of the front half of the unit, but it means you can barrage out the back of it (they still get the 5+ FnP most of the time, however). I simply underestimated how many loving Orks 100 is - a pair of drop podding sternguard squads (500-600 pts) would kill probably 30 of them on a good day... which is less than a third of the unit!

True, there's several ways to make it Fearless, so if they sink for those you can't hope for that Morale failure. However, blocking it off with sacrificial tanks (or flyers, if you have them) can still be a decent idea- the unit MUST maintain coherency, so limits their ability to maneuver around obstacles.

As far as the 6" bubble goes, certainly they can put it at the front of the unit- however, that does expose the character carrying it to the potential for a lot of wounds. If you have something like Pask, or a blob using FRFSRF or other such stuff, they can clean out a lot of models real quick and it doesn't take many failed LOS! rolls for the Mek to end up dead.

If you're going to use Dreadnoughts against it, keep an eye out for where he keeps his Nobz and Warboss- they are the only ones who can hurt it, so if you can find a corner of the unit where there aren't many Power Klaws nearby, you can safely assault it from there and expect 1-3 turns of combat where you have free reign to damage him. A Furioso Dreadnought with Blood Talons is the most hilarious option, of course, but really your plan with a Dread is just to steal away several turns of movement and assault from him- with the Green Tide being such a huge chunk of his army, if you can tie it up for even a single one of his movement phases you're significantly damaging his plans. Sentinels can also fill this same duty on the cheap, most especially Armored ones; Land Speeders and other disposable vehicles (Rhinos, Chimeras, etc) can also be handy for slowing his advance, as I mentioned before.

SRM
Jul 10, 2009

~*FeElIn' AweS0mE*~

Lord Thrust posted:

Looking good! I like the gritty purple. Do your Marines match that color? And don't worry about the mold line or whatever - the same way the camera adds 10 pounds to a person, it exposes every mistake on a model. On the tabletop it'll look awesome!

Star Man
Jun 1, 2008

There's a star maaaaaan
Over the rainbow

AbusePuppy posted:

If you can stand to wait a bit I'll be doing an article over on 3++ about Marines in 7E hopefully within the next week or two here. Apart from that, it depends a lot on what sort of SM army you're playing- a Drop Pod spam list, a Biker army, and a Rhino Rush are all gonna play very differently from each other, not to mention stuff like Scout-heavy armies and such. Are you looking for specific advice for a particular army, trying to figure out how to put together your own force, or something else?

I'm in no real hurry. It just stinks that the info on 1d4channseems pretty legit, but I can only stand so many stupid references to their own memes and calling a kitted out model a rape machine.

My fledgling little army is Salamanders. I'm hoping to have the infantry finally assembled so I can play this weekend. I've been painting them as I put them together and it takes a lot more time to do it that way.

PeterWeller
Apr 21, 2003

I told you that story so I could tell you this one.

AbusePuppy posted:

A handful of things that might help: the 4++ is only for MODELS, not units, within 6" of the Big Mek, which generally means it won't get even close to all of the unit.

Also, doesn't the big mek only provide a 5++? Or is there some relic KFF I forgot about? When I played against a green tide, he didn't use a big mek, but he gave every boy 'eavy armor, which with the doc's FNP made the unit really tough to deal with.

Ugly John
Jul 18, 2009
[img]https://forums.somethingawful.com/attachment.php?postid=514899866[/img]

Ok, apparently I've been reading the Bad Painting/Modeling Thread way too much because I could have sworn I clicked on that thread instead of this one. Cue a couple of minutes trying to figure out how/where you modelled tits on a Defense Line :commissar:

Do like the relay, though.

Zark the Damned
Mar 9, 2013

PeterWeller posted:

Or is there some relic KFF I forgot about?

This. The Ghazghkull book has replacement relics, one of which is a 4++ KFF.

Direwolf
Aug 16, 2004
Fwar

Looks great! Very clean.

The Sex Cannon
Nov 22, 2004

Ugly John posted:

Ok, apparently I've been reading the Bad Painting/Modeling Thread way too much because I could have sworn I clicked on that thread instead of this one. Cue a couple of minutes trying to figure out how/where you modelled tits on a Defense Line :commissar:

Do like the relay, though.

What, you didn't find them?

Sir Teabag
Oct 26, 2007
I'm going to play a bunch of games this weekend and was thinking of running a list out of the ordinary for what I usually do. Relatively low model count and high specialization compared to the mob of guardsmen backed up by tanks that I know and love. Snuck in some artillery, las cannons for anti-tank. Then Vendetta's dropping off a Tempestus Scion Platoon with Lord Commissar to hopefully help some Grey Knights mop up (or save their asses). Vindicare is in there just for fun. As cool as he is I don't expect doing one wound per turn to change the tide of the game very much - unless he is sniping plasma cannons or something.

Librarian goes with Paladins. All Grey knights attempt to deep strike.

It has me considering using a CCS with an Officer of the Fleet for a boost to reserve rolls. But that wouldn't affect me turn one, because he issues his orders int he shooting phase of turn one. So the benefit of using the Strike Force detachment, deep striking first turn, are completely reliant on unaltered rolls. That's why I choose the Lord Commissar instead, plus he can help make sure my stormtroopers don't run away.

I have almost zero objective secured (allied troops count for ObSec right?), so it's basically down to how well I can kill my opponents units and block his movement.
I think it looks pretty fun, if rather poorly optimized. Might fiddle with some points as I stare at it. As it stands, everything I would be playing is WYSIWYG.

code:
+++ 1850pt Grey Knights: Codex (2014), Astra Militarum: Codex (2014), Officio Assassinorum: Dataslate (2014) +++

Selections:
Grey Knights: Codex (2014) (Nemesis Strike Force):
+ HQ + (175pts)
    * Librarian (175pts) 
        Digital weapons, Domina Liber Daemonica, Nemesis warding stave (Daemonbane), Psychic Hood, Psyker [ML 3], Storm bolter
            * Warlord Traits: Grey Knight

+ Elites + (224pts)
    * Paladin Squad (224pts) 
        * Apothecary
            Narthecium (Feel No Pain), Two Nemesis falchions (Daemonbane)
        * Paladin
            Nemesis Daemon hammer (Daemonbane), Storm bolter
        * Paladin (banner)
            Brotherhood banner, Storm bolter

+ Troops + (131pts)
    * Strike Squad (131pts) 
	3 X Halberd, Incinerator, DeamonHammer Justicar

+ Heavy Support + (195pts)
    * Nemesis Dreadknight (195pts)
	Heavy Incinerator, Heavy Psycannon, Nemesis greatsword and power fist

Astra Militarum: Codex (2014) (Allied Detachment):
+ HQ + (85pts)
    * Lord Commissar (85pts) 
	Power Axe

+ Elites + (177pts)
    * Militarum Tempestus Platoon (177pts) 
        * Militarum Tempestus Command Squad
            * Tempestor Prime
        * Militarum Tempestus Scions
            * 2x Tempestus Scion w/ Flamer

+ Troops + (200pts)
    * Infantry Platoon (200pts) 
        * Infantry Squad
            * Guardsman w/ Flamer
            * Lascannon Team
        * Infantry Squad
            * Guardsman w/ Flamer
            * Lascannon Team
        * Platoon Command Squad
            * Lascannon Team

+ Fast Attack + (340pts)
    * Vendetta Squadron (340pts) 
        * Vendetta
        * Vendetta

+ Heavy Support + (170pts)
    * Manticore Battery (170pts) 

Officio Assassinorum Detachment:
    * Vindicare Assassin (150pts) 

PeterWeller
Apr 21, 2003

Zark the Damned posted:

This. The Ghazghkull book has replacement relics, one of which is a 4++ KFF.

Ahh, okay. I knew about the fearless bosspole. What other good relics are in there? My buddy only ever uses the lucky stick and thinkin' cap from the main book.

Lord Thrust
Jan 18, 2013

If you build a man a fire he'll be warm for a night.
If you set a man on fire he'll be warm for the rest of his short, painful life.

SRM posted:

Looking good! I like the gritty purple. Do your Marines match that color? And don't worry about the mold line or whatever - the same way the camera adds 10 pounds to a person, it exposes every mistake on a model. On the tabletop it'll look awesome!

They do. I'll take a shot with the lord on the bike tonight and my noise marine test model for your perusal.

AbusePuppy
Nov 1, 2012

PeterWeller posted:

Ahh, okay. I knew about the fearless bosspole. What other good relics are in there? My buddy only ever uses the lucky stick and thinkin' cap from the main book.

Da Choppa of Da Ragnarok isn't terrible- 20pts for a Big Choppa that gets +1Str and -1AP after each turn that you do at least one casualty with it. It would be a lot better if it was each model, rather than each turn, but eh. Da Killa Klaw (sigh) is a Power Klaw that also gives you the option to trade all your regular attacks for one Instant Death attack; for 15pts over a regular one, it's passable.

Mostly the supplement is good for its formations, but the relics are at least alright in most cases, with few outright awful ones.

Ignite Memories
Feb 27, 2005

Eh, 40 points to have a chance at ID on toughness 6+ models doesn't sound so great. He's already got ID for anything T5 or lower, so unless he's biking around smashing into gargantuan creatures I wouldn't bother.

AbusePuppy
Nov 1, 2012

The ability to nuke off Wraithknights and Tyranid critters is fairly decent, I feel. Not amazing by any standards, but as the final 15pts in a list it would be passable.

PeterWeller
Apr 21, 2003

AbusePuppy posted:

Mostly the supplement is good for its formations, but the relics are at least alright in most cases, with few outright awful ones.

Yeah, I've seen some of the formations and the fearless bosspole, but I didn't realize the relics were so solid. I'm used to one or two good bits and then a whole bunch of meh.

The Sex Cannon
Nov 22, 2004

I got a Baneblade box, but I'm not sure which variant to make first (I will eventually have 2). I love the vanilla Baneblade, but what should the other one be? I'm leaning towards Doomhammer. Does anyone have any experience using these things?

Additionally, at NOVA they banned the use of the S10 ignores cover variants in the narrative campaign. That makes me want to stay away from those two variants (Hellhammer and Stormsword, I think). IS that sort of thing common in other clubs?

ijyt
Apr 10, 2012

My friend likes to run the Shadowsword and Stormlord, I know those two are very easy to swap between even without magnets.

Though his shadowsword got pretty unlucky in rolls in one game, barely killed anything but still managed to survive all of my Tau's anti-tank shooting for a good 4 turns. Ironically the most damage it did was with its catastrophic explosion when it finally died. I haven't seem the stormlord in action, but he talks fondly about it.

my kinda ape
Sep 15, 2008

Everything's gonna be A-OK
Oven Wrangler
The Stormlord is always the correct answer.

krushgroove
Oct 23, 2007

Disapproving look
I was just handed a Baneblade box to paint for a friend (the same one I did the Knights for) - he's having a Stormlord made this time. I think it looks pretty cool, and he did the 'right' thing, I think - his first vehicle is the Shadowsword, so he has the big gently caress-off gun and now he'll have some double gatling horrifying BS I'll hate on the tabletop but look pretty cool.

A Shitty Reporter
Oct 29, 2012
Dinosaur Gum
Oh hey, they updated the mobile store. Better layout and interface now.

Also, a question about the Tau force I'm building. So far I have:
  • A box of Fire Warriors
  • A box of Pathfinders
  • A three-pack of XV25 stealth suits
  • A three-pack of Crisis Suits
  • A Pirahna
  • A Riptide.
Thinking of picking up some Kroot, or more Fire Warriors. Any glaring holes in the army so far?

Slimnoid
Sep 6, 2012

Does that mean I don't get the job?

An Angry Bug posted:

Oh hey, they updated the mobile store. Better layout and interface now.

Also, a question about the Tau force I'm building. So far I have:
  • A box of Fire Warriors
  • A box of Pathfinders
  • A three-pack of XV25 stealth suits
  • A three-pack of Crisis Suits
  • A Pirahna
  • A Riptide.
Thinking of picking up some Kroot, or more Fire Warriors. Any glaring holes in the army so far?

Broadsides would probably be a wise purchase.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

OB_Juan
Nov 24, 2004

Not every day is a good day.

Dinosaur Gum
A cadre fireblade is pretty good if you plan to have the FW sit still at any point.

Ion cannon hammerheads can be pretty handy, as can broadsides.

• Locked thread