Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

a kitten
Aug 5, 2006

Veyrall posted:

The Elric books are really awesome and I want to get my hands on physical copies at some point.

I just need to stop accidentally calling him Eric. Of Melonbone.

I have it collected into two hardcovers, no idea where the dustjackets have wandered off to though.

At least I think it was those two, been a while since they were around.

one more:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lichtenstein
May 31, 2012

It'll make sense, eventually.
I am in dire need of cool space pirates, both themselves and their ramshackle vessels. Bonus points for non-humans.

MrGreenShirt
Mar 14, 2005

Hell of a book. It's about bunnies!

a kitten
Aug 5, 2006

Lichtenstein posted:

I am in dire need of cool space pirates, both themselves and their ramshackle vessels. Bonus points for non-humans.

Anime has ya covered!

:pirate:

Ok, that's probably not what you wanted exactly.

MohawkSatan
Dec 20, 2008

by Cyrano4747
Anime is never the answer :frogout:

a kitten
Aug 5, 2006

MohawkSatan posted:

It might be. :colbert:

mdct
Sep 2, 2011

Tingle tingle kooloo limpah.
These are my magic words.

Don't steal them.

Lichtenstein posted:

MohawkSatan posted:

Actually anime is cool hth

Young Freud
Nov 26, 2006

a kitten posted:

Anime has ya covered!

:pirate:

Ok, that's probably not what you wanted exactly.

That title is misleading. None of the space pirates are bodacious :argh:

VanSandman
Feb 16, 2011
SWAP.AVI EXCHANGER
Space Pirate Captain Harlock should do you nicely. It's basically Rogue Trader: The Anime.

Comrade Gorbash
Jul 12, 2011

My paper soldiers form a wall, five paces thick and twice as tall.

Young Freud posted:

The title of the light novels is Miniskirt Space Pirates.

That being said, the show is actually pretty good, and they are pretty badass.

Humbug Scoolbus
Apr 25, 2008

The scarlet letter was her passport into regions where other women dared not tread. Shame, Despair, Solitude! These had been her teachers, stern and wild ones, and they had made her strong, but taught her much amiss.
Clapping Larry

Young Freud posted:

No but the anime is actually pretty awesome.

Bendigeidfran
Dec 17, 2013

Wait a minute...

Lichtenstein posted:

Have some Treasure Planet concepts!

do u believe in marigolds
Sep 13, 2007
Fantasy android wizards, please. Less robotic and more stealth-human. Gonna play one for a friend's pathfinder campaign and I want some ideas for my own dude. Thanks in advance.

mdct
Sep 2, 2011

Tingle tingle kooloo limpah.
These are my magic words.

Don't steal them.

VanSandman posted:

Space Pirate Captain Harlock should do you nicely. It's basically Rogue Trader: The Anime.

Captain Harlock is literally 40k canon it's great

No Pun Intended
Jul 23, 2007

DWARVEN SEX OFFENDER

ASK ME ABOUT TONING MY FINE ASS DWARVEN BOOTY BY RUNNING FROM THE COPS OUTSIDE THAT ELF KINDERGARTEN

BEHOLD THE DONG OF THE DWARVES! THE DWARVEN DONG IS COMING!
Jakub Rozalski

This guy is both ridiculous and bad-rear end.

Dick Trauma
Nov 30, 2007

God damn it, you've got to be kind.

Bendigeidfran posted:

Have some Treasure Planet concepts!

Looks like Ian McQue's work, or someone that likes his stuff.

http://mcqueconcept.blogspot.com/

Bendigeidfran
Dec 17, 2013

Wait a minute...

Oraculum Animi posted:

Fantasy android wizards, please. Less robotic and more stealth-human. Gonna play one for a friend's pathfinder campaign and I want some ideas for my own dude. Thanks in advance.

Doesn't a stealth-human wizard look like any other wizard :downs:?

Anyway there's a lot of places you could go with this! Do you want a high-fantasy cyborg, someone who seems emotionally off, maybe covered up in robes like the Invisible Man? Would your friends be okay with something goofy like "Gandalf, but secretly an android"?

Bendigeidfran fucked around with this message at 22:27 on Nov 10, 2014

Bendigeidfran
Dec 17, 2013

Wait a minute...
If y'all have any ethereal or partly gas/ash/smoke characters they would be appreciated. Nothing too explicitly "ghostly" though, they shouldn't be undead. I need NPCs to flesh out a city that's constantly dissolving into bits and reforming.

SageNytell
Sep 28, 2008

<REDACT> THIS!
Seconding this. Looking for an air elemental-esque character in chains, a la Dame Judy Dench in Chronicles of Riddick.

Astro Ambulance
Dec 25, 2008

I have need of a gnoll who is also a mobster. And dwarf mobsters. mobsters.

homerlaw
Sep 21, 2008

Plants are the best ergo Sylvari=Best

Astro Ambulance posted:

I have need of a gnoll who is also a mobster. And dwarf mobsters. mobsters.

First is d20 modern, 2nd is from here-
http://www.deviantart.com/art/Edward-linework-63949834

Astro Ambulance
Dec 25, 2008

Thank you, this is perfect.

Huszsersvn
Nov 11, 2009

Nice world you've got here. Shame if anything were to happen to it.

Bendigeidfran posted:

If y'all have any ethereal or partly gas/ash/smoke characters they would be appreciated. Nothing too explicitly "ghostly" though, they shouldn't be undead. I need NPCs to flesh out a city that's constantly dissolving into bits and reforming.

Bendigeidfran
Dec 17, 2013

Wait a minute...
Thanks a ton! These are perfect.

do u believe in marigolds
Sep 13, 2007

Bendigeidfran posted:

Doesn't a stealth-human wizard look like any other wizard :downs:?

Anyway there's a lot of places you could go with this! Do you want a high-fantasy cyborg, someone who seems emotionally off, maybe covered up in robes like the Invisible Man? Would your friends be okay with something goofy like "Gandalf, but secretly an android"?

So the Pathfinder android race is human except for some circuitry and glowing eyes. They are also emotionless. Androids go through a sort of reverse-reincarnation where the same body exists but a new soul enters so and my character has recently come into this body of a mage, unfortunately most of his poo poo is stolen (just a plot device to get him to level 1 powered stuff). This might be super hard to find but his familiar is a ferret/weasel. It might be nice to find some art that's between the Bender human-robot obviousness and the human model with some lines painted on them subtlety.
I do some drawing and art but I'm drawing a blank as to how to depict him.

Night10194
Feb 13, 2012

We'll start,
like many good things,
with a bear.

I need pictures of resistance fighters. Normal men and women taking up arms in a modern or sci-fi context. It's surprisingly hard to find fantasy/sci-fi art of relatively normal people.

Garth_Marenghi
Nov 7, 2011

Wrong thread, sorry.

Lord Frisk posted:

what the hell are you talking about?

Quickest response ever.

Garth_Marenghi fucked around with this message at 22:09 on Nov 13, 2014

Dr. Lunchables
Dec 27, 2012

IRL DEBUFFED KOBOLD

djwetmouse posted:

Eric Andre is the only Adult-Swim show I watch regularly, otherwise I only check it out when there is nothing else to watch.

what the hell are you talking about?

AmiYumi
Oct 10, 2005

I FORGOT TO HAIL KING TORG
Anime or no, the left side of that image is GM brain fuel. Like, just trying to explain what's going on out-of-context, why a bunch of schoolgirls is dragging along what appears to be a Dark Lord of the Undead, a 70s Afroman, a maid, a butler, and a legit pirate captain who isn't supposed to be there today? That's fun.

Not that I'm actually looking for answers; I get the feeling the real ones would just be disappointing.

Huszsersvn
Nov 11, 2009

Night10194 posted:

I need pictures of resistance fighters. Normal men and women taking up arms in a modern or sci-fi context. It's surprisingly hard to find fantasy/sci-fi art of relatively normal people.

XCOM concept artist Piero Macgowan has your back.

So, too, does Tim Löchner

and Ashley Boone Pierce

and Mirror's Edge concept artists Pierre Hanna and Mattias Häggström.

Night10194
Feb 13, 2012

We'll start,
like many good things,
with a bear.

Thanks a bunch! Some of that is absolutely perfect for what I was looking for.

Huszsersvn
Nov 11, 2009

Night10194 posted:

Thanks a bunch! Some of that is absolutely perfect for what I was looking for.

If I may be so bold as to ask, what is the concept or story behind your search?

Night10194
Feb 13, 2012

We'll start,
like many good things,
with a bear.

Huszsersvn posted:

If I may be so bold as to ask, what is the concept or story behind your search?

A sequel to a high fantasy big wizard war campaign I ran that takes place a thousand years later, when the world has advanced to a modern/near future age and the dark lords return again for another round. The specific campaign is about a bunch of backwoods Not-Norwegians and Not-Finns trying to stop the technomancer dark lord's plans to roll in and build massive, automated robit-and-horror-magic production factories from their country's massive natural resources. Basically, a bunch of relatively ordinary people fleeing to the hills and being forced to wage a guerrilla campaign against a crazy combination of nanotech and necromancy.

I love writing fantasy stuff that averts medieval stasis, and the idea of the land that once produced mighty warriors and shieldmaidens and massive broad-chested barbarian/viking stereotypes turning into a relatively normal place later in history and then having the peace they enjoyed for centuries shattered by a return of dark lord wizard bullshit seemed like fun.

Night10194 fucked around with this message at 21:21 on Nov 14, 2014

Young Freud
Nov 26, 2006

Night10194 posted:

A sequel to a high fantasy big wizard war campaign I ran that takes place a thousand years later, when the world has advanced to a modern/near future age and the dark lords return again for another round. The specific campaign is about a bunch of backwoods Not-Norwegians and Not-Finns trying to stop the technomancer dark lord's plans to roll in and build massive, automated robit-and-horror-magic production factories from their country's massive natural resources. Basically, a bunch of relatively ordinary people fleeing to the hills and being forced to wage a guerrilla campaign against a crazy combination of nanotech and necromancy.

I love writing fantasy stuff that averts medieval stasis, and the idea of the land that once produced mighty warriors and shieldmaidens and massive broad-chested barbarian/viking stereotypes turning into a relatively normal place later in history and then having the peace they enjoyed for centuries shattered by a return of dark lord wizard bullshit seemed like fun.

Oh wow, that sounds like the background to Torg's Tharkold, where sadistic demons and humans fight a three-millennium-long war, even through a magical and nuclear post-apocalypse, although the only identified pictures of members of the Race (the free humans) make them look like extras from the future war scenes of The Terminator.

PublicOpinion
Oct 21, 2010

Her style is new but the face is the same as it was so long ago...
Apparently Harry Potter concept art:

Bendigeidfran
Dec 17, 2013

Wait a minute...
Just remembered that Saint Maurice and Thomas-Alexandre Dumas exist, was overcome with sheer badass. Have some pictures:

And while I'm on a classic art kick, have some Hieronymous Bosch monsters too:

Evil Mastermind
Apr 28, 2008

Anna Krieder (of "Go Make Me A Sandwich" fame) drew this great summary of Apocalypse World.

Flavivirus
Dec 14, 2011

The next stage of evolution.
Just got the first piece of art back for my AW hack Legacy, and it's beautiful :D Ought to be getting more in the next few weeks. Artist is Jeff Brown.

Inverse Icarus
Dec 4, 2003

I run SyncRPG, and produce original, digital content for the Pathfinder RPG, designed from the ground up to be played online.
I have also hired Jeff Brown to do some artwork for an upcoming third-party PFRPG Campaign Setting I'm working on with some partners. He's fast, easy to work with, and he draws poo poo like this.

I've been talking him up for months, he's a great guy and I'd love to see him get more work.

Good luck on your project!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

theironjef
Aug 11, 2009

The archmage of unexpected stinks.

AmiYumi posted:

Anime or no, the left side of that image is GM brain fuel. Like, just trying to explain what's going on out-of-context, why a bunch of schoolgirls is dragging along what appears to be a Dark Lord of the Undead, a 70s Afroman, a maid, a butler, and a legit pirate captain who isn't supposed to be there today? That's fun.

Not that I'm actually looking for answers; I get the feeling the real ones would just be disappointing.

Man don't go calling some moe anime 14 year old in a jacket a legitimate pirate captain. Can I get some legitimate pirate captains in this thread please?