Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
will I later regret not putting effort into this poll?
Yes
No
View Results

• Locked thread
The Merry Marauder
Apr 4, 2009

"But she goes not abroad, in search of monsters to destroy. She is the well-wisher to the freedom and independence of all. She is the champion and vindicator only of her own."

coyo7e posted:

Also increase the recoil. Nobody should be able to dump 10 rounds of shotty ammo and not even lose a bead on their target. It should be wildly swinging - possibly even pushing you backward after a few shots. I mean I had a friend when I was in high school who pulled both barrels on a double-barrel 12 gauge on a fence post (we'd been pheasant hunting and he was afraid to shoot it, so we started razzing him until he got pissed and pulled both barrels), and it flat knocked him on his rear end and his shoulder was bruised to poo poo. But he hosed that fence post up something fierce.

About that...

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Knifegrab
Jul 30, 2014

Gadzooks! I'm terrified of this little child who is going to stab me with a knife. I must wrest the knife away from his control and therefore gain the upperhand.
Lol at all the people using anything but the SAC3's for run n gun builds (objecitvely the best run and gun weapons in the game).

Lol at all the people using gung-ho on shotgun builds and not understanding how spread works.

Bumper Stickup
Jan 7, 2012

Mmm... Offshore Toast!

Grimey Drawer
Oh good lord the S-12 is awful with gung ho.

Edit: The spread is your entire screen.

Dj Meow Mix
Jan 27, 2009

corgicorgicorgicorgi
rockin everywhere

How are the pistols in this game, Ghosts didn't really make them fun so I got bored of multiplayer quickly.

Pleads
Jun 9, 2005

pew pew pew

I played against an entire team of "snipers" today.

Here's a short video of how that match went:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=II4Sf3Z1At8

penis bandana
Aug 6, 2008

Dum Cumpster posted:

Starting to question this. It's like you haven't played call of duty before. "Why don't they do a thing they never do????"

It's like you're not playing this call of duty right now. with me.

Knifegrab
Jul 30, 2014

Gadzooks! I'm terrified of this little child who is going to stab me with a knife. I must wrest the knife away from his control and therefore gain the upperhand.

Dj Meow Mix posted:

How are the pistols in this game, Ghosts didn't really make them fun so I got bored of multiplayer quickly.

Starting semi auto pistol is whatever. Rail pistol is the loving best (1 shot per reload, OHK at close-med range). Grach is a two round burst fire pistol, its... weird, but I like it. PDW is a giant flopping piece of dick that only tickles the enemy even if you unload a full clip into their face point blank.

coyo7e
Aug 23, 2007

by zen death robot
Good lord do those things weigh 20+ lbs? That guy barely got the gun up and on target to hit that bottle, and shooting skeet and flying targets is what shotguns were made for. :catstare: At 4:10 or so when he pulls it out of the water you can see it's swinging around pretty badly.

While there's not going to be shoulder-dislocating recoil, that video shows that it's still an unwieldly weapon and you couldn't hold it on a bead for poo poo, even with the flash/recoil suppressor on the barrel.

I Am Frick
Mar 26, 2004

The lesser half
of Frick and Frack

Fibby Boy posted:

360 goons, would any of you like to play survival today? Wanna get those zombie cosmetics.

Maybe! Frack will be at the gym in about four hours. Maybe later tonight?

Mister Facetious
Apr 21, 2007

I think I died and woke up in L.A.,
I don't know how I wound up in this place...

:canada:

coyo7e posted:

Good lord do those things weigh 20+ lbs?

The ammo alone probably weighs three to five pounds.

The Merry Marauder
Apr 4, 2009

"But she goes not abroad, in search of monsters to destroy. She is the well-wisher to the freedom and independence of all. She is the champion and vindicator only of her own."

coyo7e posted:

shooting skeet and flying targets is what shotguns were made for.

I'm pretty confident in saying that's not what the AA-12 is made for.

Obligatory Comedy Hyperbole

Wazzit
Jul 16, 2004

Who wants to play video games?
I've been running dual SMGs and remote turrets and can't seem to even break the top 5, anyone have any tips? My accuracy with the dual smgs is poor to negligible.

GoGoGadgetChris
Mar 18, 2010

i powder a
granite monument
in a soundless flash

showering the grass
with molten drops of
its gold inlay

sending smoking
chips of stone
skipping into the fog
What is up with the design of the starting pistol? Are you supposed to hold it with two hands?

So Icey Seifuku
Dec 26, 2007

GoGoGadgetChris posted:

What is up with the design of the starting pistol? Are you supposed to hold it with two hands?

Yes, and that is exactly what your character does in game.

coyo7e
Aug 23, 2007

by zen death robot
^^^ That's the magazine up front. You'd think a 2" barrel would make it ridiculously inaccurate as well. ;)

The Merry Marauder posted:

I'm pretty confident in saying that's not what the AA-12 is made for.

Obligatory Comedy Hyperbole
Yeah that's why I made the comment about him barely hitting the bottle - I don't know that I'd want to use a shotgun which couldn't be used to quickly and accurately use for wingshots - if you entered a room with one you'd need to choose a side and then just unload while you swung to the other side - and if someone's in the corner you'd already be toast.

The AA-12 is something I'd like, shoot a hole in a wall and then stick the barrel through and magdump through the hole, it seems like it'd be crazy dangerous to lead into a room with - as well as being crazy dangerous if you're NOT the one in the lead.. :aaa:

GET MY BELT SON
Sep 26, 2007

we need man's on the bone right now

Dum Cumpster
Sep 12, 2003

*pozes your neghole*
AND HOW THE HELL IS A MAN GOING TO ACCURATELY SHOULDER FIRE A GOODAMN 30 POUND RIFLE??? WHAT WERE THEY THINKING? I'M WRITING MY GLEN BECK

The Berzerker
Feb 24, 2006

treat me like a dog

Wazzit posted:

I've been running dual SMGs and remote turrets and can't seem to even break the top 5, anyone have any tips? My accuracy with the dual smgs is poor to negligible.

Well the remote turret sucks for starters, a more accurate name would be remote turlet.

penis bandana
Aug 6, 2008

GET MY BELT SON posted:

we need man's on the bone right now

I'll be on in a few, bud. Need to get the fireplace going and bring barley wine in from the garage.

E: wazzit, I'll be posting top 3 advice later this week

Fateo McMurray
Mar 22, 2003

The only way a shotgun recoil will knock you over is if you weigh like 30lbs.

Wazzit
Jul 16, 2004

The Berzerker posted:

Well the remote turret sucks for starters, a more accurate name would be remote turlet.

But people in the thread said it was literally the best streak? :confused:

venutolo
Jun 4, 2003

Dinosaur Gum

Wazzit posted:

Play in the 4v4 playlist. You'll easily be top 5 then. Also get better, you scrublord.

OneDeadman
Oct 16, 2010

[SUPERBIA]

Wazzit posted:

Goons are WRONG????

Bumper Stickup
Jan 7, 2012

Mmm... Offshore Toast!

Grimey Drawer

The Machinima Man posted:

Maybe! Frack will be at the gym in about four hours. Maybe later tonight?

Sure. About what time?

Dum Cumpster posted:

AND HOW THE HELL IS A MAN GOING TO ACCURATELY SHOULDER FIRE A GOODAMN 30 POUND RIFLE??? WHAT WERE THEY THINKING? I'M WRITING MY GLEN BECK

loving Obama taking away all our god fearing rifles.

Carecat
Apr 27, 2004

Buglord

Wazzit posted:

It is with a sentry.

Nighthand
Nov 4, 2009

what horror the gas

Anyone complaining about the realistic gun recoil in this game where your players wear robotic exosuits and can punch a man to death and send their corpse flying 30 feed needs to take a step back.

I haven't signed on yet today, what did the patch change about camo challenges?

Spoon Man
Mar 15, 2003

Nighthand posted:

I haven't signed on yet today, what did the patch change about camo challenges?

It made them. More. Realistic.

RE: good advice
Just wait until you put a holo on it!

The Berzerker
Feb 24, 2006

treat me like a dog

Wazzit posted:

Well I'm a people in this thread and I think it sucks dong but ~*~ to each their own ~*~

I'm still at work so I haven't played since the patch, but the notes said something about adjustments to the huge "here is the gamertag/ID of the person currently talking" thing. Did it shrink it? Move it somewhere less annoying? Both?

Bumper Stickup
Jan 7, 2012

Mmm... Offshore Toast!

Grimey Drawer
Finally settled on an emblem. Made a gay pride flag with "PRIDE" in transparent letters on it. Now it looks like my character is wearing 4 gay pride pins on her suit.

Wazzit
Jul 16, 2004

OneDeadman posted:

Goons are WRONG????

I don't know if this is the case, but I was doing ok with UAV, Assault Drone, Bombing Run and Paladin:

I saw people were highly suggesting dual SMGs and remote turrets so I was hoping to improve my score and now I can't break even, any tips with dual smgs and remote turret would be appreciated.

SubponticatePoster
Aug 9, 2004

Every day takes figurin' out all over again how to fuckin' live.
Slippery Tilde
How many headshots did that lovely camo take?

The Merry Marauder
Apr 4, 2009

/\ 50 Triple Kills.

5 caps on Terrace? Shameful.

I guess if you're in a laptop for 80% of the match it's hard to cap, Akimbo Vectors or no.

Bumper Stickup
Jan 7, 2012

Mmm... Offshore Toast!

Grimey Drawer
Damnit I need rainbow camo for my shotguns now. It'd be perfect with the emblem.

Spoon Man
Mar 15, 2003

Fibby Boy posted:

Damnit I need rainbow camo for my shotguns now. It'd be perfect with the emblem.

240 MS points coming August 2015

Bumper Stickup
Jan 7, 2012

Mmm... Offshore Toast!

Grimey Drawer

Spoon Man posted:

240 MS points coming August 2015

Don't you joke because I will buy that the minute it releases.

Darko
Dec 23, 2004

I can't take pubbies anymore. I'm on PS4 now, so I don't have a friendslist anymore - add arrogancygames, please.

Nostalgia4Dogges
Jun 18, 2004

Only emojis can express my pure, simple stupidity.

Static Rook posted:

I'll have to look up my KF5 spaz build, but I know I run 2 of every perk, no grenades, and Exo Stim for the extra health. You definitely want Gung Ho and the attachment that improves your hip firing. Basically you run, slide, and stomp everywhere and jut hip fire all the time. Probably not that useful in TDM but a shitload of fun in DOM. Had a few games last night where I was 10 / 10 / 10. I also run the UAV + Extra assist points and Turret with sentinal system Streaks, both with support. I was using a trapped care package, but people catch on too quick if you stay in the same lobby.

You'll be in the top 3, of fun :madmax:

EDIT

Put me in with the SAC3-haters. Couldn't get into them after using the KF5 for so long.

Yeah I'll give this a go. Even though you can use it as an AR I think it still needs laser especially for Dom

I haven't bothered with overcharged/stomp but should be fun if you line it up right on Dom

Only problem is I really hate the iron sights on the kf5 but so many good attachments I want! I'd probably run extended mags too after unlocking those. Is there a rapid fire unlock? Do you run fast hands for the reload while sprinting?

So for exo stim it never seems like it does anything. Just tap it right before a fight? It is pretty short is overcharged should help with that

Should be noted that I only play Dom and could care less about KDR so I just run around like a loon capturing points (anyone that has played with me can attest to that) so that build is right up my ally

How fun is slam dunking dudes? I feel like I'd miss most the time. You just jump and then hit the crouch button?

Nostalgia4Dogges fucked around with this message at 21:08 on Nov 11, 2014

coyo7e
Aug 23, 2007

by zen death robot

Fateo McMurray posted:

The only way a shotgun recoil will knock you over is if you weigh like 30lbs.
Or if you're an idiot kid who didn't hold it solidly against their shoulder because they were afraid of it.

Bumper Stickup
Jan 7, 2012

Mmm... Offshore Toast!

Grimey Drawer
Exo cloak+cold blooded is surprisingly effective in free for all.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Gringo Heisenberg
May 30, 2009

:dukedog:
Why did I think this game's connections wouldn't be dog poo poo? Didn't Titan Fall have dedicated servers?

• Locked thread