Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Dr. Faustus
Feb 18, 2001

Grimey Drawer

SmokeyXIII posted:

Is there a way to see who is online in the club?
Friends list. Add as many friends as you can and look for peeps who are in FH2 at the moment.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

GutBomb
Jun 15, 2005

Dude?

geeves posted:

Is there a way, like in F5, to view a replay and enter photo mode or is it all kinda luck from the pause menu?

It sure is. I just couldn't get the drat thing to roll over.

Hold down on the d pad to go directly to photo mode while you're in the car. Either down or up. One brings up photo mode, the other brings up telemetry.

edit: Oh from the replay. I misread your post

Imp Boy
Feb 8, 2004
Well I just bought an xbone in part for this game. Loving this so far, all the car selection of Gran Turismo but with actual fun thrown in.

Sent a friend request to GutBomb303 as ImpBoy68 for extra club fun times.

Imp Boy fucked around with this message at 08:35 on Nov 7, 2014

Dr. Faustus
Feb 18, 2001

Grimey Drawer
Actual fun is good!
I've been having tons. There are people WAY ahead of me but I just finished my 2nd Finale, so that's about 120 races plus two finales and however many roadtrips. Time to start building some new cars.

Let's multi-play some this weekend, GRC folks!

Come at me, bros!

Dr. Faustus fucked around with this message at 09:18 on Nov 7, 2014

GentlemanofLeisure
Aug 27, 2008
Had a chance to play some video games last night. I got a Lancia and took a couple pictures. This car is really a lot of fun.

Dr. Faustus
Feb 18, 2001

Grimey Drawer

GentlemanofLeisure posted:

Had a chance to play some video games last night. I got a Lancia and took a couple pictures. This car is really a lot of fun.

HAWT.

Wassup?

O no, Am I Bad Enough To Challenge [GRC]MacClay?

1 and 2 thousandths of a second. I better drink a Red Bull!

(Just playin', Atmus.)

(yeah, I did it; but it's only A Class. Mea Culpa, it's AWD.)

Dr. Faustus fucked around with this message at 04:41 on Nov 8, 2014

Dr. Faustus
Feb 18, 2001

Grimey Drawer
Goddamnit you guys are no loving fun.

I'm racing my rear end off trying to catch up from two weeks of being sick as poo poo to working my rear end off and then going on vacation; and now I'm playing as much as possible and posting pictures and doing a GRC rivals race after EVERY CHAMPIONSHIP RACE and no one else has poo poo to say.

what's it like to have a life?

E: I could be playing Alien:Isolation but I'm too scared.

O no, MacClay, we're the same level! The Universe might collapse! Oops, that was awhile ago and now we're not.

Hey, I'm 2nd on the ladder behind SmokeyXIII! Look out, Smokes. I still have a day or two to catch up.

Great seeing you other GRC guys out there. I think my personal fave from singleplayer drivatars right now is Chickenbisket but A1ohaSnackbar might have the coolest name. Honorable mention: flyinpckls.
Shout outs to Comrade Flynn and Vedic, and BCRock. Hope you guys pick the game back up.

I just made this horrible thing:

Ok I see that a lot of people I have called out have not played at all this week. Oops.

Anyway, here are a couple of videos:
This first one is the "get that 15k XP board at the airport" vid. I know this is already up and YouTube and all, but it was fun in the Veneno and I got it on the 2nd try (PS That horrible paint job is history):
>> CLICK HERE <<

Thee next vid is from the Online Freeroam fun SmokeyXIII and I had tonight. Niether of us knew much about online, we just jumped online and hoped for the best. During a Crosscountry event I caught air right over another racer and it was pretty drat exhilarating. We had our good races and we had our bad races; but overall we had a fun time and made a decent amount of money and XP. Smokey now sits on the top of the club ladder in Tier 2. I need 166k XP to make it to Tier 2, but I think I'm gonna try.
>> CLICK HERE <<

I still have Alien: Isolation sitting there, taunting me. FH2 is enough to keep me from trying it and peeing my pants.

BTW AZ Pilot, I don't mean to embarrass you if this isn't your own creation; but if it is, I just wanted to say that as I raced this car in American Muscle last night I kept staring at it. It's just this bright red ball of retro awesomeness, I had to get a picture. If you did this, bravo. If you got if off the Storefront, then hats off to the person who made it and to you for having such a cool livery for me to race against. I'm getting a little tired of the same old random Horizon 2 liveries (of which some are, surprisingly, pretty cool)

Also, UNF:

Dr. Faustus fucked around with this message at 22:12 on Nov 9, 2014

hanyolo
Jul 18, 2013
I am an employee of the Microsoft Gaming Division and they pay me to defend the Xbox One on the Something Awful Forums
Yeah unfortunately this has taken a back seat for me for the moment, between Sunset Overdrive and Halo MCC this week. I'm keen for a GRC weekend race though!

Empress Brosephine
Mar 31, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
This game is rad, is there anyway to cusotmize your character though?

GentlemanofLeisure
Aug 27, 2008

Abu Dave posted:

This game is rad, is there anyway to cusotmize your character though?
Nope. You get white bread. I get white bread. We all get white bread!

Haptical Sales Slut
Mar 15, 2010

Age 18 to 49

Dr. Faustus
Feb 18, 2001

Grimey Drawer
Helmets were always better and always made more sense.

That's just insulting.

I'm a gamer, and I can't grow a perfect 5 o'clock shadow and get that fit. Look at that jawline! C'mon!!!

Let's just all be The Stig!

Haptical Sales Slut
Mar 15, 2010

Age 18 to 49
That brings up an interesting idea. What if a developer celebrated the fact that their user base is generally over/under weight and rendered some fatty with a neckbeard. Polygon would have some introspective article about the unfair depiction of gamers and society would continue to mock us.

Dr. Faustus
Feb 18, 2001

Grimey Drawer

Nuts and Gum posted:

That brings up an interesting idea. What if a developer celebrated the fact that their user base is generally over/under weight and rendered some fatty with a neckbeard. Polygon would have some introspective article about the unfair depiction of gamers and society would continue to mock us.
There are lots of games with character generation that allow you to make an avatar that allows you to look very close to how you really look in real life. These games, granted, were Single-Player mostly, including some multiplayer games like PGA Tour; and there are times when I go through creation and make a skinny white guy with a big gut. I did the whole EA face scan and made a totally realistic body shape just for giggles.

The rest of the time I go for the huge dude (like NHL, FYI) where I go for the Hulk paradigm.

All I am trying to say is that game developers already offer lots of games where you can not only make a realistic version of your big-gut self, but you can even scan in your awesome ugly face.

I haven't seen neckbeards yet, but to be honest I figure it's just a matter of time. Hehe.

Ether Frenzy
Dec 22, 2006

Nap Ghost
Something really interesting I've noticed over the years of the Xbox 360 users having Avatars:

Just about everyone I know in real life (so I can compare to their online look) has an avatar that strongly resembles what they actually look like, even if they're fat, short, neckbeard-havers who wear socks with sandals. I'm actually kind of impressed at the general level of honesty.

GutBomb
Jun 15, 2005

Dude?
I've got some Thrustmaster TX stuff (and some other sim-racing gear) for sale in SA Mart: http://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3680665

WienerDog
Apr 8, 2007
Resident Rocking Dachshund

Ether Frenzy posted:

Something really interesting I've noticed over the years of the Xbox 360 users having Avatars:

Just about everyone I know in real life (so I can compare to their online look) has an avatar that strongly resembles what they actually look like, even if they're fat, short, neckbeard-havers who wear socks with sandals. I'm actually kind of impressed at the general level of honesty.

I gave my 360 avatar a moustache and goatee, but the joke's on you, because I can't grow any facial hair to save my life.

WinnebagoWarrior
Apr 8, 2009

I eat Rotheseburgehergh's like you for breakfast

hanyolo posted:

Yeah unfortunately this has taken a back seat for me for the moment, between Sunset Overdrive and Halo MCC this week. I'm keen for a GRC weekend race though!

Yeah, theres just too much poo poo to play right now. I loving love FH2, but Sunset and Mordor have been consuming every free moment for me for the past 2 weeks or so. I plan on returning to FH2 soon, however.

GutBomb
Jun 15, 2005

Dude?
Grc fun tonight at ten eastern until bed time?

WienerDog
Apr 8, 2007
Resident Rocking Dachshund
I'll be on soon!

azflyboy
Nov 9, 2005
Sorry about apparently bailing on you guys mid-race. The power in my apartment went on the fritz and tripped a couple of circuit breakers.

Dr. Faustus
Feb 18, 2001

Grimey Drawer
I would've been there with bells on but I had to hash some serious poo poo out with my boss and he stayed late tonight; so I did, too.

Smokey and I have learned that, when it works, FH2 multiplayer can be pretty drat good. I'd love to try it with more Goooooons.

WinnebagoWarrior
Apr 8, 2009

I eat Rotheseburgehergh's like you for breakfast
Thanks for the invite last night. Was watching a movie with my lady or I would have been all over it. I will play soon for sure though

Lobbyist
Aug 2, 2002
Now THAT'S Comedy!
Hook it up with an invite sons, SethSuccess

Dr. Faustus
Feb 18, 2001

Grimey Drawer

Lobbyist posted:

Hook it up with an invite sons, SethSuccess
Friend Gutbomb303, MacClay, whatcubed, or Captain Howdy 0 and you will be able to join.

See you in Nice, motherfu-

I mean, welcome to GRC :)

Dr. Faustus
Feb 18, 2001

Grimey Drawer
E:

Lost all my liveries for awhile. Ended up deleting local save data and then letting FH2 resync.
It got to 100% and sat there, and I had to go to bed.
When I got up today it was in FH2 and all my liveries were back. Just an FYI for anyone who encounters this problem.

I started FM5 when I was getting ready for work today and Sync failed at about 60%. I started it over and left for work, so I'll see if it worked when I get home.

Dr. Faustus fucked around with this message at 21:31 on Nov 14, 2014

Dr. Faustus
Feb 18, 2001

Grimey Drawer
Just had so much fun online with Molghandi. Met some very cool and fun clean racers.

Dr. Faustus fucked around with this message at 23:07 on Nov 15, 2014

Atmus
Mar 8, 2002
I suppose I should thank you, Turn 10, for sending me three Huricans and three Venenos, but as I already had a few of each, it just isn't that special :(

Dolemite
Jun 30, 2005

Atmus posted:

I suppose I should thank you, Turn 10, for sending me three Huricans and three Venenos, but as I already had a few of each, it just isn't that special :(

Oddly enough, I was sent a Hurican. Except I had already purchased one a while back. Anyways, when I first went to the My Cars section, I had two Huricans in my garage. Then, when I revisited my garage later to paint that gifted Hurican, I found it was gone from my garage! The only one that remained was the one I bought a while back.

I was also never gifted a Veneno. Bummer since in FM5, that car was a beast!

Dr. Faustus
Feb 18, 2001

Grimey Drawer

Atmus posted:

Well, I would have liked to have the extra Venenos, but wtf happened here I hope someone explains and maybe resolves. We don't need extra cars because we can't sell or trade them!

Daric
Dec 23, 2007

Shawn:
Do you really want to know my process?

Lassiter:
Absolutely.

Shawn:
Well it starts with a holla! and ends with a Creamsicle.

Dr. Faustus posted:

Well, I would have liked to have the extra Venenos, but wtf happened here I hope someone explains and maybe resolves. We don't need extra cars because we can't sell or trade them!

They should have special paint jobs as part of some deal with sick kids

GutBomb
Jun 15, 2005

Dude?
I just added another item for sale on the SA mart thread I had, a Thrustmaster TX Wheel and Pedal (stock pedals) set.

http://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3680665

The wheel base is brand new. Thrustmaster replaced mine that was faulty. I tested it for 5 minutes last night and it works great. Then I packed it in the box ready for YOU to buy. This means you, Howdy. Hell, you could even put it on a credit card!

Atmus
Mar 8, 2002

Daric posted:

They should have special paint jobs as part of some deal with sick kids

What, did they all have yellow fever or something?

Daric
Dec 23, 2007

Shawn:

Lassiter:
Absolutely.

Shawn:

Atmus posted:

What, did they all have yellow fever or something?

Actually they had the kids design a car and then they made them in game. This is what they look like:

The yellow picture is just the stock image

Atmus
Mar 8, 2002
Boy, wouldn't that have been helpful to know ahead of time so I didn't delete the extraneous cars!

Crafty
Dec 9, 2003

I CAN'T SEE SHIT.

xbox one is the best

Daric posted:

Actually they had the kids design a car and then they made them in game. This is what they look like:

The yellow picture is just the stock image

I got the bottom two, I did wonder why they just sent me two really great cars when i've only just started playing the game!

Daric
Dec 23, 2007

Shawn:

Lassiter:
Absolutely.

Shawn:
My gamertag is Darikashi

Y'all add me because I only just got the game and I need some Drivatars to poo poo on

Edit: Also someone send me an invite to the club because I just unlocked that part

Daric fucked around with this message at 04:30 on Nov 20, 2014

Dr. Faustus
Feb 18, 2001

Grimey Drawer
Just friend one of the leaders and you can join. I'm Captain Howdy 0.

Had a nice road trip in the sun with a couple GRC guysatars:

Got to the festival and had to decide what to do next. Haven't done Offroad too much, maybe I'll try out my Willys MB Jeep at S1 900! Aw gently caress, it would have to rain all the way to Castelletto, and I just applied my hair gel!

This loving rain is cold. I've got shrinkage in my jeans.

O well, time to go get beat to poo poo by a bunch of Humvees.

"But Master, what would the Festival want with a clone army??"
or
"Begun, the Clone Races have."

(sorry)

Dr. Faustus fucked around with this message at 10:01 on Nov 20, 2014

FAILURE
Jan 28, 2004

If I am not me, den who da hell am I?
I friended a bunch of you -- gamertag is scrubnaut. Also enjoying beating your times in Forza 5 rivals :)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

GentlemanofLeisure
Aug 27, 2008

FAILURE posted:

Also enjoying beating your times in Forza 5 rivals :)
Guess I'll have to fire that game up and check :madmax:

• Locked thread