Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

toymach1ne
Sep 27, 2011
one of my favourite Lead tracks to play. So much fun

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

EvilChameleon
Nov 20, 2003

In my infinite money,
the jimmies rustle softly.

Clitch posted:

This is going to sound incredibly dorky, but I'd love some arrangements of old 8-bit game music. Awesome bass lines for days.

You'll be wanting this. http://ubiktune.bandcamp.com/album/nes-jams

overeager overeater
Oct 16, 2011

"The cosmonauts were transfixed with wonderment as the sun set - over the Earth - there lucklessly, untethered Comrade Todd on fire."

Is there a quick way to unlock all the bonus songs (in 2014)?

Hexenritter
May 20, 2001

Vlad the Retailer posted:

If it's anything like the first one there should be a shortcut DLC package on the store.

Macavity
Jun 29, 2006

There never was a cat of such deceitfulness and suavity.
Fun Shoe

I'd play this if it were on Rocksmith

toymach1ne
Sep 27, 2011

CitrusFrog posted:

If it's anything like the first one there should be a shortcut DLC package on the store.

I wish

Chimp_On_Stilts
Aug 31, 2004
Holy Hell.
I am thinking of picking up Rocksmith, but my interest in guitar music is almost exclusively in playing folk/Americana on an acoustic.

Obviously skills from any genre will transfer, but do you think there is enough in Rocksmith for me that it will be worth my time?

Zachack
Jun 1, 2000

Chimp_On_Stilts posted:

I am thinking of picking up Rocksmith, but my interest in guitar music is almost exclusively in playing folk/Americana on an acoustic.

Obviously skills from any genre will transfer, but do you think there is enough in Rocksmith for me that it will be worth my time?

I'd recommend looking through the tracklist on wikipedia because I kinda want to say not really.

awesmoe
Nov 30, 2005

Pillbug
I've been playing a lot recently and I've gotten a lot better but I'm having real trouble with some of my technique and the lessons aren't helping. When I throw out the horns with my strumming hand it's really hard to keep my pick under control - either I drop the pick or I end up looking like I'm drinking from a little imaginary teacup with my pinky sticking out (not exactly the look I'm going for). How do more accomplished guitarists manage this?

baka kaba
Jul 19, 2003

PLEASE ASK ME, THE SELF-PROFESSED NO #1 PAUL CATTERMOLE FAN IN THE SOMETHING AWFUL S-CLUB 7 MEGATHREAD, TO NAME A SINGLE SONG BY HIS EXCELLENT NU-METAL SIDE PROJECT, SKUA, AND IF I CAN'T PLEASE TELL ME TO
EAT SHIT

Probably hours of practice in front of a mirror

Hexenritter
May 20, 2001

awesmoe posted:

I end up looking like I'm drinking from a little imaginary teacup with my pinky sticking out

You should just do this and add "eh what, I say this crowd is capital"

awesmoe
Nov 30, 2005

Pillbug
lets hear it for our lord satan, toodle pip wot wot

sigher
Apr 22, 2008

My guiding Moonlight...

awesmoe posted:

I've been playing a lot recently and I've gotten a lot better but I'm having real trouble with some of my technique and the lessons aren't helping. When I throw out the horns with my strumming hand it's really hard to keep my pick under control - either I drop the pick or I end up looking like I'm drinking from a little imaginary teacup with my pinky sticking out (not exactly the look I'm going for). How do more accomplished guitarists manage this?

Use your fretting hand.

duckfarts
Jul 2, 2010

~ shameful ~

Soiled Meat

awesmoe posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=s5xUgvae2mQ

TheArtist 314
Dec 25, 2004

What is your purpose?!

I just wanna rock!

Vlad the Retailer posted:

I actually found that playing score attack on medium unlocked a bonus after every song, might even work if you play a song you did on medium again on hard, or master, I'm not sure.

Chalupa Joe
Mar 4, 2007
^^^ This, also the lead, rhythm and bass arrangements count separately.

awesmoe
Nov 30, 2005

Pillbug

Thank you, this is very helpful.

baka kaba
Jul 19, 2003

PLEASE ASK ME, THE SELF-PROFESSED NO #1 PAUL CATTERMOLE FAN IN THE SOMETHING AWFUL S-CLUB 7 MEGATHREAD, TO NAME A SINGLE SONG BY HIS EXCELLENT NU-METAL SIDE PROJECT, SKUA, AND IF I CAN'T PLEASE TELL ME TO
EAT SHIT

Let's be honest, if you want to achieve some pro level gesturing you need to switch to bass

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qdlQyNe_9tE&t=206s

awesmoe
Nov 30, 2005

Pillbug

baka kaba posted:

Let's be honest, if you want to achieve some pro level gesturing you need to switch to bass

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qdlQyNe_9tE&t=206s

Thats metal as gently caress. rip.

e: vv that is NOT metal AT ALL. why is that bassist doing drummer faces.
my favourite thing about that gif is how nobody in the crowd gives half a gently caress.

awesmoe fucked around with this message at 20:26 on Nov 11, 2014

unlawfulsoup
May 12, 2001

Welcome home boys!

baka kaba posted:

baka kaba
Jul 19, 2003

EAT SHIT

xzzy
Mar 5, 2009

awesmoe posted:

Thats metal as gently caress. rip.

e: vv that is NOT metal AT ALL. why is that bassist doing drummer faces.
my favourite thing about that gif is how nobody in the crowd gives half a gently caress.

Well it's got a six string bass and a keytar, they're totally playing jazz which means the crowd is a bunch of "respectful" music snobs that don't believe in displaying emotion.

Probably nothing to drink in the joint but white wine.

awesmoe
Nov 30, 2005

Pillbug

xzzy posted:

Well it's got a six string bass and a keytar, they're totally playing jazz which means the crowd is a bunch of "respectful" music snobs that don't believe in displaying emotion.

hahah I didn't even notice the keytar god I love that gif

Cojawfee
May 31, 2006
I think the US is dumb for not using Celsius
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=itvilXOw3ck

unlawfulsoup
May 12, 2001

Welcome home boys!

xzzy posted:

There is more emotion in that gif than in all of the metal music ever produced. HTH

xzzy
Mar 5, 2009

unlawfulsoup posted:

There is more emotion in that gif than in all of the metal music ever produced. HTH

I'm not talking about the music I'm talking about the crowd. :colbert:

I'm not saying every show needs a mosh pit either, just you know, some smiles would be nice.

unlawfulsoup
May 12, 2001

Welcome home boys!

xzzy posted:

I'm not saying every show needs a mosh pit either, just you know, some smiles would be nice.

You just don't understand the depth of that music.

I think it is garbage, and it should be no surprise anyone watching that show is just about braindead.

baka kaba
Jul 19, 2003

EAT SHIT

xzzy posted:

All the smiles you need are on stage, my friend

Dewgy
Nov 10, 2005

~🚚special delivery~📦

unlawfulsoup posted:

You just don't understand the depth of that music.

I think it is garbage, and it should be no surprise anyone watching that show is just about braindead.

i once listened to a chick corea youtube mix for a whole day and i'm pretty sure it broke my brain

Doom Sleigher
Dec 29, 2004

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6MGOkJ7FG4M

unlawfulsoup
May 12, 2001

Welcome home boys!

Dewgy posted:

i once listened to a chick corea youtube mix for a whole day and i'm pretty sure it broke my brain

I imagine that is the musical equivalent of smoking a giant brick of skunkweed laced with pcp.

That is great.

TriggerHappy
Mar 14, 2007

Dewgy posted:

I just listened to like half of the song with silly bass face guy and I'm pretty sure I'm broken for a while.

Dewgy
Nov 10, 2005

~🚚special delivery~📦

unlawfulsoup posted:

I imagine that is the musical equivalent of smoking a giant brick of skunkweed laced with pcp.

Probably more of closer to being in a drunk/stoned haze and being stuck in an elevator.

It wasn't entirely unpleasant but jazz (especially modern jazz or whatever the hell that is) is frankly beyond me so i never felt like i had any clue what was going on.

Dewgy fucked around with this message at 23:28 on Nov 11, 2014

awesmoe
Nov 30, 2005

Pillbug

White people need to stick to metal and maybe punk

Dark_Swordmaster
Oct 31, 2011
:( But... I play jazz... Wind though.

death cob for cutie
Dec 30, 2006

dwarves won't delve no more
too much splatting down on Zot:4

awesmoe posted:

White people need to stick to metal and maybe punk

It's more "Scientologists are certifiably awful" IMO

I feel super bad for the drummer. That's gotta be the most boring poo poo. They could have easily replaced the poor SOB with a drum machine.

Major Spag
Nov 4, 2012

Who knew Balky was such a great bass player!

Lumpy
Apr 26, 2002

La! La! La! Laaaa!

College Slice

Dewgy posted:

Probably more of closer to being in a drunk/stoned haze and being stuck in an elevator.

It wasn't entirely unpleasant but jazz (especially modern jazz or whatever the hell that is) is frankly beyond me so i never felt like i had any clue what was going on.

It's about the notes he's not playing hope that helps.

Xaq
Nov 7, 2003
(Insert witty title here)

Major Spag posted:

Who knew Balky was such a great bass player!

And Screech from Saved by the Bell is jamming out guitar too!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rashomon
Jun 21, 2006

This machine kills fascists
Is the Return to Castle Chordead minigame completely broken for anyone else? It basically recognizes my F5 about 1/8 of the time. E5 and A5 have no problems. It's too bad because the higher levels of this game look like they'd be fun and useful. And I'm an intermediate guitarist so yes, I'm playing it right and not bending the strings by fretting too hard etc.