Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Drifter
Oct 22, 2000

Belated Bear Witness
Soiled Meat

CharlieFoxtrot posted:

Hopefully they will get Amell (again) and Gustin for Injustice 2, and give them some show-specific dialogue

Both: "Felicity's MY girl! Hands off!"

Both: "Why are we fighting? We're eskimo cousins." :madmax::respek::flashfact:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Astro Nut
Feb 22, 2013

Nonsensical Space Powers, Activate! Form of Friendship!

CharlieFoxtrot posted:

Injustice is really good and combined with the Arkham games I would actually say that DC games have been higher quality in recent years.

Hopefully they will get Amell (again) and Gustin for Injustice 2, and give them some show-specific dialogue

Ollie: Show off. *raises three arrows*
Barry: Game on!

Would still like a separate Flash game though. Let themselves cover all their bases.

Drifter
Oct 22, 2000

Belated Bear Witness
Soiled Meat
You know, you guys are forgetting that Saints Row 4 actually had superspeed done pretty goddamn well for a video game. it was one of the most fun ways to travel in the game. It was probably one of the best overall superhero games, too, once your powers unlocked.

Drifter fucked around with this message at 20:26 on Nov 11, 2014

Xelkelvos
Dec 19, 2012
So clearly we're getting Captain Atom, but who's the electric guy and the guy with the weird glasses?

Some Numbers
Sep 28, 2006

"LET'S GET DOWN TO WORK!!"

Xelkelvos posted:

So clearly we're getting Captain Atom, but who's the electric guy and the guy with the weird glasses?

The guy with the weird glasses is the Clock King who showed up in season 2 of Arrow.

Guy A. Person
May 23, 2003

Xelkelvos posted:

According to the episode descriptions, the villains shown are as follows:

Tonight's episode: Plastique, the Captain Atom villain (I don't think she was shown in the preview)
Next week's episode: Girder (the big dude who turned into metal and ripped off the Hummer door)
Following week's episode: Blackout (some dude from Flashpoint) is the electricity dude; guy with glasses is Clock King from Arrow

Guy A. Person fucked around with this message at 21:57 on Nov 11, 2014

Narcissus1916
Apr 29, 2013

Amell isn't just voicing Green Arrow in Lego Batman 3 - they're also doing a DLC pack that includes friggin Diggle and Felicity playable characters, and a level that apes the show as well.

If you're at all a fan of superheroes, the lego games will make you grin. Lego Batman 2 is basically a Batman/Superman teamup with appearances by other heroes. But Lego marvel is essentially the marvel movie's versions of the characters interacting with people you'll never see in the same movie. Tony Stark and Reed Richards bond over their love of science, Peter Parker angsts out, and Wolverine shows up everywhere. It is glorious.

Also, Saints Row 4 is the best superhero game ever made.

pentyne
Nov 7, 2012

Narcissus1916 posted:

Amell isn't just voicing Green Arrow in Lego Batman 3 - they're also doing a DLC pack that includes friggin Diggle and Felicity playable characters, and a level that apes the show as well.

If you're at all a fan of superheroes, the lego games will make you grin. Lego Batman 2 is basically a Batman/Superman teamup with appearances by other heroes. But Lego marvel is essentially the marvel movie's versions of the characters interacting with people you'll never see in the same movie. Tony Stark and Reed Richards bond over their love of science, Peter Parker angsts out, and Wolverine shows up everywhere. It is glorious.

I love the idea that Amell will be so ubiquitous as the Green Arrow by the time DC wants to make a Green Arrow movie character the actor will just prep for the role by watching all the seasons of Arrow.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

pentyne posted:

I love the idea that Amell will be so ubiquitous as the Green Arrow by the time DC wants to make a Green Arrow movie character the actor will just prep for the role by watching all the seasons of Arrow.

I can't wait to see the fan uproar when they cast someone else as Green Arrow in the films.

tsob
Sep 26, 2006

Chalalala~

Narcissus1916 posted:

I picked up Lego Batman 2 a few months back and had a blast playing it. Some of the humor in the games is fantastic, but it's surprising how well they managed to nail some of the superhero aspects given the Lego limitations and sheer amount of content. The fact Superman has eye lasers, freeze breath, flight, invulnerability etc. the entire time you play as him and all while still balanced to the missions is pretty great for one. I loved dicking around as him for a while even after I'd 100%'d the game just for the fact that the Donner Superman theme kicked in as soon as you took to the air when using him specifically. I'm just sad Martian Manhunter was essentially a Superman reskin and didn't have nearly the effort put in. Running around as Flash in the game is good as well, though not on nearly the level of Saints Row by the looks of things.

e X
Feb 23, 2013

cool but crude

Narcissus1916 posted:

Are all the other characters voiced by their actors as well?

Xelkelvos
Dec 19, 2012

Guy A. Person posted:

According to the episode descriptions, the villains shown are as follows:

Tonight's episode: Plastique, the Captain Atom villain (I don't think she was shown in the preview)
Next week's episode: Girder (the big dude who turned into metal and ripped off the Hummer door)
Following week's episode: Blackout (some dude from Flashpoint) is the electricity dude; guy with glasses is Clock King from Arrow

Never watched Arrow. That's probably why I don't recognize him. Otoh, that's probably a practical redesign for Girder given that he used to look like he was literally made of rusting metal. Now he looks like Captain Atom, what with the shiny metal skin

jscolon2.0
Jul 9, 2001

With great payroll, comes great disappointment.

Xelkelvos posted:

Never watched Arrow. That's probably why I don't recognize him. Otoh, that's probably a practical redesign for Girder given that he used to look like he was literally made of rusting metal. Now he looks like Captain Atom, what with the shiny metal skin

I'd say Colossus, but yeah. Sensible way to do Girder.

achillesforever6
Apr 23, 2012

psst you wanna do a communism?

Narcissus1916 posted:

And all three of these games have some of the best voice actors too. Troy Baker and Laura Bailey are so good :allears:

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~

Xelkelvos posted:

Never watched Arrow.

You have failed this thread.

Bruceski
Aug 21, 2007

The tools of a hero mean nothing without a solid core.

Rarity posted:

You have failed this thread.

I think he failed the other thread. This is the Flash thread, where we never fail as long as we keep running.

Its Rinaldo
Aug 13, 2010

CODS BINCH

Bruceski posted:

I think he failed the other thread. This is the Flash thread, where we never fail as long as we keep running.

Sometimes you fail but things are still pretty chill afterwards

Drifter
Oct 22, 2000

Belated Bear Witness
Soiled Meat

Bad Moon posted:

Sometimes you fail but things are still pretty chill afterwards

If you're Capt Boomerang you get the opportunity to miss the mark twice in one go.

Barry Convex
Sep 1, 2005

Think of the good things, Pim! The good things!

Like Jesus, candy, and crackerjacks! Ice cream and cake and lots o'laffs!
Grandma, Grandpa, and Uncle Joe! Larry, Curly, and brother Moe!
New Firestorm-related casting (minor spoiler, though it was fairly obvious that this character would appear in some fashion):

http://www.comicbookresources.com/?page=article&id=57012

Aces High
Mar 26, 2010

Nah! A little chocolate will do

greatn posted:

He did do that once but that was slightly before they invented speed force and was combining his powers with New God technology.

Superman used to have a stated speed of 10000x the speed of light, and if he wanted to see something that happened 50 years ago, would just fly 50 light years out, then look back at earth with telescopic vision.

I know this is super old but holy poo poo that stupid satellite teleportation thing in Battlefield Earth now makes sense :catstare:

Carlosologist
Oct 13, 2013

Revelry in the Dark

"Oh my god, do I sound like Felicity?" :allears:

Caitlin skyrocketing to the top of the list of favorites.

achillesforever6
Apr 23, 2012

Poor Barry dealing with the can't get drunk metabolism, he and Cap should hang out.

e X
Feb 23, 2013

cool but crude
Who is cleaning windows in the middle of the night though?

Also, that are way more than fifteen meters.

Xtanstic
Nov 23, 2007

Vibrating face is so goofy

Mooseontheloose
May 13, 2003

achillesforever6 posted:

Poor Barry dealing with the can't get drunk metabolism, he and Cap should hang out.

And Wolverine.

achillesforever6
Apr 23, 2012

Clancy Brown :swoon:

I love how he still does DC stuff

BrianWilly
Apr 24, 2007

There is no homosexual terrorist Johnny Silverhand

e X posted:

Also, that are way more than fifteen meters.
I think he said fifty?

Deakul
Apr 2, 2012

PAM PA RAM

PAM PAM PARAAAAM!

Clancy brown, ep is already amazing.

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

BrianWilly posted:

I think he said fifty?

Yeah, he said 50.

Carlosologist
Oct 13, 2013

Revelry in the Dark

The suit blew up! That's something you don't see everyday.

e X
Feb 23, 2013

cool but crude
Oaky, that's sounds much more reasonable.

Also, Clancy Brown :swoon:

Solaris Knight
Apr 26, 2010

ASK ME ABOUT POWER RANGERS MYSTIC FORCE
Holy poo poo, they trashed the suit THAT quickly. Also with Clancy Brown here, this feels like the closest we'll get to a live action DCAU.

Kammat
Feb 9, 2008
Odd Person
She blew the pants right offa him!

achillesforever6
Apr 23, 2012

Solaris Knight posted:

Holy poo poo, they trashed the suit THAT quickly. Also with Clancy Brown here, this feels like the closest we'll get to a live action DCAU.
He could seriously still play as Lex in live action

Senerio
Oct 19, 2009

Roëmænce is ælive!
I see Flash has managed to get his shirt off. Tim Allen would be proud.

e X
Feb 23, 2013

cool but crude

achillesforever6 posted:

He could seriously still play as Lex in live action

I know they cast that Social Network kid, but I am still hoping. That voice alone, so smooth and threatening.

Mike Danger
Feb 17, 2012
Ahahaha Cisco is too good

Kwyndig
Sep 23, 2006

Heeeeeey

Solaris Knight posted:

He has more of them.

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

This might not have been the best episode to air on Veteran's Day.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

e X
Feb 23, 2013

cool but crude
Okay, I really don't care about the 'Keep Iris in the dark plot'. It now has officially gone in to the part where the hero compromises his personal relationships to keep his secret and that is always incredible tedious. Let's hope they take a page out of Arrow's playbook and blow past this plot in a couple of episodes.

• Locked thread