Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Pavlov
Oct 21, 2012

I've long been fascinated with how the alt-right develops elaborate and obscure dog whistles to try to communicate their meaning without having to say it out loud
Stepan Andreyevich Bandera being the most prominent example of that

Third World Reggin posted:

I will since someone else also wanted to get 300 bucks and instead god 300 dollars of paintballs

bringing real money into a video game seems like you are trying to make it a jorb

Yeah yeah I'm all for games for their own sake. But if someone wants to play me $300 for a something shiny I found in a video game, and I say no, its like I'm valuing that thing at >300 dollars now, and I refuse to be that guy. Also if they sent me paintballs it would be the most hilarious thing in the world.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Third World Reagan
May 19, 2008

Imagine four 'mechs waiting in a queue. Time works the same way.
I'll offer you 10 bucks to post your dick in this thread

Tanreall
Apr 27, 2004

Did I mention I was gay for pirate ducks?

~SMcD
While people were out fishing we took 14 or 15 full merchant boats in about 3 hours. Someone spreadsheet how much that is worth in charcoal.

Arcade
Sep 10, 2007

Tanreall posted:

While people were out fishing we took 14 or 15 full merchant boats in about 3 hours. Someone spreadsheet how much that is worth in charcoal.

In Goon Squad?

Khako
Dec 24, 2008

Lee #61

apseudonym posted:

Let me tell you how I pirated fishers before I stopped playing because lol you are wrong.
1) my friends go fishing and tell me where boats are
2)swim out and murder
3)my friends take the fish and turn them them in for me.

I just stayed in the water murdering carebears until I got bored and made bank in both money and tears.

Customer support does the same thing. You need to launder your fish because fish are serious business.

This is different for you because:

Apseudonym > 99% Goons in AA pvp.

Bait and Swatch
Sep 5, 2012

Join me, Comrades
In the Star Citizen D&D thread

Charles Bukowski posted:

I wasn't out there for the fish.

Something Lawlful went and played Navy Seals with flippers and Dahuta bubbles after the raid on the fishers. Killed some Customer Service guys and got a treasure chest (worthless) then found two red fishing ships near Ynestere, killed the reds and took off with the boats. They ended up being packed, even had three of the big blue marlins, netting 32, 37 and 37 gold each.

As we were turning them in, some green pubbie killed a red, and was killed by the guards, giving us a free trade pack of rock salt. Then we randomly found two reds carrying windscour aged cheese. Since those are now on the farm, we are going to play metal gear archeage and stealth them to the shore to see if we can.

Two of us also got killed by wicked for attacking a group of them in goonscour for killing our red neighbor, who we've decided is our pet since he joins our dance parties.

This game is incredibly fun if you lighten up and treat it like a game.

Edit: And soundboard spent the whole night yelling at people to smell her cow's poop. So there's that as well.

balistafreak
Oct 30, 2012
We've found out a way to make our loiter period much safer during Fun Runs. There's no longer a mad race to GET TO ZE CHOPPA, and we can instead take our time to move together in a ball since we are no longer afraid of our ship being jacked.

Highlights of tonight's Fun Runs: idiot reds trying to chain lightning and meteor the group of goons at the crafting bench, only for them all to turn around and slam dunk him. Seriously, what did they expect would happen?

Losing the helm of the half-loaded merchant ship before we figured out how to do above, culiminating in our east alt sabotaging the ship to slow it down (read: spam lowering the sails) until the ship finally despawned. The hilarious thing is despite all that effort, the original hijacker decided to AoE us and got liquified for his trouble. We only lost a single pack that run.

Getting pulled out of safe water by a Treachery fishing ship, only to break their harpoon rope and watch them completely fail to harpoon us a second time. When will people start understanding that you can't stop a merchant/galleon dead in the water?

A Wicked cutter somehow thinking it could block/push us out of TC harbor. Yeah, nah, I know how to drive my boat. I can do the Kessel Run in less than 12 parsecs.

... in all seriousness, Fun Runs are so much fun for me I'm going to continue bankrolling them just to bring goons along with me. They combine trade, land pvp with weird constraints to work around (I was a hugely successful highsec suspect b8er in EVE Online) AND naval warfare all in one package. It's literally a slice of Archeage. I seriously feel like an actual smuggler doing them. Does that make me a roleplayer?

Umbreon
May 21, 2011

balistafreak posted:

Does that make me a roleplayer?

No, but it makes me incredibly jealous of west goons. :negative:

Anarkii
Dec 30, 2008
Yeah this just shows that in the end, it kinda worked out okay for all goons. Goons who were really into pirating and pvp went into Customer Support. Goons who were into organized serious business went to Wicked, and now Goon Squad is a casual guild. The success of such casual goon guilds in all MMOs is very reliant on a steady inflow of newbies from SA to keep up enough numbers, but due to the character creation being closed currently and the AA threads here being what it was, very few new goons have joined in the last few weeks.

plehsistential
Jan 29, 2012

death to all avatar havers

super sweet best pal
Nov 18, 2009

That's one powerful tree.

Ghetto Prince
Sep 11, 2010

got to be mellow, y'all
I used to be able to grind 20-30 jesters packs for some screwing around money, but the value of jesters drops seems to have gone down by like 70%+.

Is there something new I'm missing?

Anarkii
Dec 30, 2008

Ghetto Prince posted:

I used to be able to grind 20-30 jesters packs for some screwing around money, but the value of jesters drops seems to have gone down by like 70%+.

Is there something new I'm missing?

They added a new cash shop RNG chest that can have Rumbling Archeum Trees. These have a 1hr grow time, with 10% chance to proc a thunderstruck. If they don't proc a thunderstruck they give upto 5 archeum crystals.

Jesters farming is useless now. Auroria mobs have some world drops, but they are at 0.00002% from regular mobs and 0.00005% from 1star mobs. So you'll have to find other ways of obtaining gold.

Morglon
Jan 13, 2010

Safe and sound, detached from reality.
Just like your posting.

Anarkii posted:

They added a new cash shop RNG chest that can have Rumbling Archeum Trees. These have a 1hr grow time, with 10% chance to proc a thunderstruck. If they don't proc a thunderstruck they give upto 5 archeum crystals.

Jesters farming is useless now. Auroria mobs have some world drops, but they are at 0.00002% from regular mobs and 0.00005% from 1star mobs. So you'll have to find other ways of obtaining gold.

And that's part of the reason nobody is in Auroria and you couldn't give away property up there.

Mercury_Storm
Jun 12, 2003

*chomp chomp chomp*
Also the regular 3 gilda star Archeum trees are even worse for getting archeum than jester's purse farming, they take a shitload of time to find auroria spring water for and an unreasonable amount of labor to harvest as well.

Schubalts
Nov 26, 2007

People say bigger is better.

But for the first time in my life, I think I've gone too far.

Mercury_Storm posted:

Also the regular 3 gilda star Archeum trees are even worse for getting archeum than jester's purse farming, they take a shitload of time to find auroria spring water for and an unreasonable amount of labor to harvest as well.

Regular trees are what, 16(?) hours plus the Auroria water, for 1-3 dust. At least 1.7 made the regular trees not a complete waste of time and labor.

Eruonen posted:

I straight up can't purchase a subscription via Paypal and it's not accepting my (valid) crreditcard. I get "We are unable to complete your purchase."

Apparently I'm not the first one. Does anyone know a solution?

Might have to do with all of the chargebacks and Paypal refunds people are claiming over the Founder/Patron issues. People later in this thread have been saying that Paypal and some credit card companies have put Trion on their "under investigation" list, due to the number of refunds/chargebacks, and also that Paypal support claimed to be aware of the Archeage issues.

GreatestNerdEver
Aug 3, 2007
it's because they flagged a lot of accounts with not being able to purchase credits. I spoke to live chat and got it fixed, but I am a patron so I have access to the chat, otherwise you just wait for your ticket to be answered, I guess.

kznlol
Feb 9, 2013

Third World Reggin posted:

like there was a broken raid in china game and goons could beat it, it dropped stuff the whales on the server would buy for lots of money or real money

we tried taking a group in there of goons and not goons for laughs, we would not be able to complete it, and they wanted to make sure they hosed over the goons to protect their profits

its profits all the way down

I found this:

It is called yanmentraitors.jpg :toot:

Flavahbeast
Jul 21, 2001

Mercury_Storm posted:

Does this mean the price of atheism is gonna spike way back up once rumbling saplings stop entering the economy?

Hy_C
Apr 1, 2010

kznlol posted:

I found this:

It is called yanmentraitors.jpg :toot:

lol you hosed over goons twice now

profits >>> fun

also please take up grithoks offer easy 10$, doesn't even cost you labor points

gwrtheyrn
Oct 21, 2010

AYYYE DEEEEE DUBBALYOO DA-NYAAAAAH!

Flavahbeast posted:

Does this mean the price of atheism is gonna spike way back up once rumbling saplings stop entering the economy?

:dawkins101:

Finndo
Dec 27, 2005

Title Text goes here.
Pardon the interruption with a quick game question... is there any benefit to auroria property at all?

Eye of Widesauron
Mar 29, 2014

Fish

Eye of Widesauron
Mar 29, 2014

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
some red snapper sounds delicious right now

or sea bass

ruffz
Dec 20, 2007

Finndo posted:

Pardon the interruption with a quick game question... is there any benefit to auroria property at all?

Not really, it was just new land opening up and everyone was still frothing at the mouth about getting more properties, or in some cases their first property. If I had known Thunderstrucks were going to crash so hard due to the pay2win RNG boxes, I may have skipped the Auroria land rush entirely. Now I have another property with a poo poo-ton of usable farming space and have no idea what to do with it, I'll probably try to flip it for a couple thousand gold and maybe one of my Solzreed farms for 1500, then buy the next Bungalow design on the AH.

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
just grow olives on them

everyone is making charcoal now more than ever apparently, so they gotta be worth a good little bit and its hardly any effort at all

Loan Dusty Road
Feb 27, 2007
I got a blue salt brotherhood quest for 30 duck meat. The quest gives 5 silver as a reward, and one duckling costs 8 silver. Should I skip this quest, or will I be missing out on good ones after it?

super sweet best pal
Nov 18, 2009

The Blue Salt quest chains give out titles that boost your skill.

Loan Dusty Road
Feb 27, 2007
Thanks. Any idea how many ducklings I need to get 30 meat from thriving ducks? Google has failed me in that search.

Loan Dusty Road fucked around with this message at 21:33 on Nov 11, 2014

Facebook Aunt
Oct 4, 2008

wiggle wiggle

A goon sold me his thatched + farm in goonscour. Full of yatas. I've been replacing the yatas with more yatas as they die off, since most of the Arid stuff looks pretty lame. I am very sad that jujube trees don't grow candy.

Anyway, how are the animal pens profit wise? I thought they would be popular since climate doesn't matter with a pen, but looking around my goonscour neighbours don't seem to have many pens. Goose, goats, cows, and sheep are all every 6 hours, which is pretty convenient. Though yata pens at every 12 hours would mean fewer transcontinental trips.

ThndrShk2k
Nov 3, 2009

by Nyc_Tattoo
Bread Liar

Eonwe posted:

some red snapper sounds delicious right now

Now this is fishing.

Angela Christine posted:

A goon sold me his thatched + farm in goonscour. Full of yatas. I've been replacing the yatas with more yatas as they die off, since most of the Arid stuff looks pretty lame. I am very sad that jujube trees don't grow candy.

Anyway, how are the animal pens profit wise? I thought they would be popular since climate doesn't matter with a pen, but looking around my goonscour neighbours don't seem to have many pens. Goose, goats, cows, and sheep are all every 6 hours, which is pretty convenient. Though yata pens at every 12 hours would mean fewer transcontinental trips.
Pens are useful for long-harvest times and you get a bunch of normal mat and poop depending on the pen or w/e

The people without pens are hoping for the rare fur drop that pens do not drop. It's used in making some 1%er stuff like the merchant cushion.

ThndrShk2k fucked around with this message at 22:11 on Nov 11, 2014

Facebook Aunt
Oct 4, 2008

wiggle wiggle

ThndrShk2k posted:

Now this is fishing.

Pens are useful for long-harvest times and you get a bunch of normal mat and poop depending on the pen or w/e

The people without pens are hoping for the rare fur drop that pens do not drop. It's used in making some 1%er stuff like the merchant cushion.

Oh, that makes sense. Thanks. :)

glug
Mar 12, 2004

JON JONES APOLOGIST #1

There'd be less fishing issues in this game if the Chicken Marengo wasn't so loving fast.

Eye of Widesauron
Mar 29, 2014

:havlat: OP updated; please remember that if you want any guild information added or updated just let me know either here or in PM's. Thanks! :havlat:

Charles Bukowski
Aug 26, 2003

Taskmaster 2023 Second Place Winner

Grimey Drawer
I spent this morning doing GHA runs with players that had never done it before. It was kind of fun teaching them all the tricks and getting them gear. One fellow, on his very first run, got a heroic chest piece. Lucky bugger.

apseudonym
Feb 25, 2011

Khako posted:

This is different for you because:

Apseudonym > 99% Goons in AA pvp.

It's me, I'm the tryhard :smithicide:.

Killing fishers in the water is actually pretty easy. The biggest thing is to make sure you hit them when they're too far from the boat to get back but once they've got the fish. They'll almost always panic and then you just flee back into the ocean when all their friends jump in.

Still haven't logged on since Auroria hit, I think that broke my addiction.

kznlol
Feb 9, 2013

Hy_C posted:

lol you hosed over goons twice now

twice?

im so confused

Mercury_Storm
Jun 12, 2003

*chomp chomp chomp*
So I just found out that if you hit AFK people with a farm cart at the right angle, they'll end up inside one of your cart storage boxes and you're free to just drive them anywhere. Like into a den of hungry wolves.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Eryxias
Feb 17, 2011

Stay low.

Mercury_Storm posted:

and you're free to just drive them anywhere. Like into a den of hungry wolves.

This right here it's my favorite past time. It's even better if you get them while they are afk crafting at a bench or using the AH. I'd imagine the wagon does it much better than the cart though.

• Locked thread