Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Zeron
Oct 23, 2010

Yeah the PerMa patch thing includes a version of the uncapper if you want to use that.

For the fluffy perk descriptions thing this replaces the descriptions with the ones from the documentation.

I'm using this for a food booster thing, it looks decently useful without replacing the function of potions(although I have yet to see any of the recipes you get at a higher level).

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Phetz
Nov 7, 2008

Daddy like...
Fun Shoe

pmchem posted:

Can you explain this procedure you're talking about? Never heard of SUM

SUM is basically a patcher through which you can configure and run other patchers like ASIS, Reproccer and Automatic Variants. You can also configure how much of your RAM it uses during the patching process.

Beer Jerky
Nov 3, 2011
Just installed PerMa, and the descriptions totally ruined it for me, so thank god for the de-fluffing. Reading each description was awful; some of them gave me no better idea of what the perk actually did. I legit resent T3nd0 now because of them.

lunatikfringe
Jan 22, 2003

SnoochtotheNooch posted:

So I had a mini freakout and began disabling mods in my bigass stack when I continuously crashed around the Falkreath Home area. I ended up unsubbing and deleting "RNG (Dynamic) Guards" when I tried loading it up again and seeing all the town guards were naked. I tried resubbing the mod after deleting it but it looks like they are all still naked. Anyone know of a fix to this? Looks like google returns nothing useful.

Guards remain in game for a number of days until their respawn timer hits. Until then, guards will be naked without the mod running. To force it quicker, you can manually refresh guards by going up to a guard, opening the console, clicking the guard to get his ID, then typing disable, then enable. Someone please correct my use of console commands, as I am doing this from distant memory while at work.

MeccaPrime
May 11, 2010

Lizard Wizard posted:

Are there any mods floating around that make food and cooking worthwhile? I'm not talking about hunger mechanics, but rather something that makes eating cooked food a viable alternative to restoration spells or healing potions, maybe with buffs in there.

I really love Gromits Cooking Recipes - it makes cooking a little simpler and makes the restorative effects much better. Very little script impact.

MeccaPrime fucked around with this message at 04:24 on Nov 12, 2014

pmchem
Jan 22, 2010

I followed STEP 2.2.9, then added a lot of mods I personally enjoy, and somehow I can actually run a game and it's not crashing after a few minutes. Amazing. I optimized load order with LOOT, but MO and Wrye are still giving me a few minor warnings:

from MO...
Move Flora Respawn Fix - Harvest Overhaul Version after Civil War Overhaul
Move Timing is Everything - Quest Delay and Timing Control after Flora Respawn Fix - Harvest Overhaul Version
Move Traps Make Noise - More Dangerous Traps after Timing is Everything - Quest Delay and Timing Control
Move When Vampires Attack after Traps Make Noise - More Dangerous Traps
Move Complete Crafting Overhaul Remade after When Vampires Attack
Move Ars Metallica - Smithing Enhancement after Complete Crafting Overhaul Remade
Move Provincial Courier Service after Ars Metallica - Smithing Enhancement
Move The Paarthurnax Dilemma after Provincial Courier Service
Move Alternate Start - Live Another Life after The Paarthurnax Dilemma
Move SkyUI after Thunderchild - Epic Shouts and Immersion
Move Aurora - Standing Stones of Skyrim after SkyUI
Move Spectraverse - Magic of the Magna-Ge after Aurora - Standing Stones of Skyrim
Move Dwemertech - Magic of the Dwarves after Spectraverse - Magic of the Magna-Ge
Move Apocalypse - Magic of Skyrim after Dwemertech - Magic of the Dwarves

from Wrye, master index vs LO (orange warnings):
Thunderchild's Wyrmstooh patch expected Thunderchild to be loaded before Wyrmstooth
some AOS compat patches expected AOS to be loaded before the other mods (Realistic Water, Wet And Cold, Guard Dialogue Overhaul)

Who to trust about load order? I figured LOOT was the BOSS replacement and should be solid. But, if the mods have internal notes that give different advice...?

I ended up not loading SPERG or Perkus Maximus. My first run in a long time without some kind of perk revamp. Plenty of other gameplay mods, though. I'm looking forward to giving Civil War Overhaul a try, and a bunch of standalone quests/dungeons/expansions I never finished before (Falskaar, Wyrmstooth, Dragonborn DLC, etc).

Mr. Crow
May 22, 2008

Snap City mayor for life

Lizard Wizard posted:

Are there any mods floating around that make food and cooking worthwhile? I'm not talking about hunger mechanics, but rather something that makes eating cooked food a viable alternative to restoration spells or healing potions, maybe with buffs in there.

http://www.nexusmods.com/skyrim/mods/5877/

beaten like a bad habit.

MeccaPrime
May 11, 2010

I should have mentioned the best part. Gromits changes the flat healing bonuses to regeneration percentages. For example, instead of a potato healing 5 hp or whatever, it now causes hp to regenerate 5% faster. Food now becomes a viable restorative element even into late game since it will scale along with your own regen rates.

dbzfandiego
Sep 17, 2011

Phetz posted:

SUM is basically a patcher through which you can configure and run other patchers like ASIS, Reproccer and Automatic Variants. You can also configure how much of your RAM it uses during the patching process.

How do I make it run without it looking for BOSS?

Zeron
Oct 23, 2010

pmchem posted:

I followed STEP 2.2.9, then added a lot of mods I personally enjoy, and somehow I can actually run a game and it's not crashing after a few minutes. Amazing. I optimized load order with LOOT, but MO and Wrye are still giving me a few minor warnings:

from MO...
Move Timing is Everything - Quest Delay and Timing Control after Flora Respawn Fix - Harvest Overhaul Version
Move Traps Make Noise - More Dangerous Traps after Timing is Everything - Quest Delay and Timing Control
Move Ars Metallica - Smithing Enhancement after Complete Crafting Overhaul Remade
Move Spectraverse - Magic of the Magna-Ge after Aurora - Standing Stones of Skyrim
Move Dwemertech - Magic of the Dwarves after Spectraverse - Magic of the Magna-Ge

Thunderchild's Wyrmstooh patch expected Thunderchild to be loaded before Wyrmstooth
some AOS compat patches expected AOS to be loaded before the other mods (Realistic Water, Wet And Cold, Guard Dialogue Overhaul)

Who to trust about load order? I figured LOOT was the BOSS replacement and should be solid. But, if the mods have internal notes that give different advice...?

I ended up not loading SPERG or Perkus Maximus. My first run in a long time without some kind of perk revamp. Plenty of other gameplay mods, though. I'm looking forward to giving Civil War Overhaul a try, and a bunch of standalone quests/dungeons/expansions I never finished before (Falskaar, Wyrmstooth, Dragonborn DLC, etc).

It's referring to installation order on the left pane, not load order. It really doesn't matter unless those files are editing the same scripts/meshes/textures/esps.

Phetz
Nov 7, 2008

Daddy like...
Fun Shoe

dbzfandiego posted:

If I remember correctly I believe you can turn that off in the settings or add "-NOBOSS" to the command line.

dbzfandiego
Sep 17, 2011

Phetz posted:

If I remember correctly I believe you can turn that off in the settings or add "-NOBOSS" to the command line.

Huh must've missed it, thank you.

LtSmash
Dec 18, 2005

Will we next create false gods to rule over us? How proud we have become, and how blind.

-Sister Miriam Godwinson,
"We Must Dissent"

dbzfandiego posted:

God look at this rear end in a top hat who can't keep his mods up to date.

Leviathan gave me control of the SUM page so to celebrate I uploaded a new version of SUM. Features include: Not forcing BOSS by default. A check box to set AllModsAsMasters for patchers that use a recent version of SkyProc (complain to their author if they haven't updated). Hopefully merging patches. Let me know if anything is broken and be sure to phrase it as a compliment or I'll have you banned for harassment / the bug is my artistic vision.

GunnerJ
Aug 1, 2005

Do you think this is funny?

Alasyre posted:

Yeah, OBIS bandits can be ridiculously overpowered. The author doesn't try to hide it or anything, but getting one-shotted by random bandit when you're busy kicking his buddies' asses gets really old after a while.

Is this mod basically not worth using anymore then, or is an older version better? I had wanted to try it out but this sounds dumb.

Kraven Moorhed
Jan 5, 2006

So wrong, yet so right.

Soiled Meat

GunnerJ posted:

Is this mod basically not worth using anymore then, or is an older version better? I had wanted to try it out but this sounds dumb.

Couldn't you just adjust OBIS's spawn weighting in the MCM, or does ASIS hijack that?

Beeb
Jun 29, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 19 days!
Does anyone have a retexture/redesign of the vampire armor to recommend? There's one I'm using but the silver bits are waaay too shiny. One that removes the silly rear end boob window on the female version would be neat, too.

Catastrophics
Jun 2, 2011

Capn Beeb posted:

Does anyone have a retexture/redesign of the vampire armor to recommend? There's one I'm using but the silver bits are waaay too shiny. One that removes the silly rear end boob window on the female version would be neat, too.

I've been using this. Each replacement is optional if you only want to change the vampire armour.

Alasyre
Apr 6, 2009

GunnerJ posted:

I never upgraded it, because, with the version I was using, that required a new game, so I can't speak to the quality of later versions. It also changes A LOT of stuff in the game. Load it up in TES5Edit and behold the conflicts. It's a cool concept and the newer version might make a lot of improvements. If he hasn't removed one-shotting bandits then excluding it from ASIS might be a good idea.

Does Hothtrooper44 still post here? Regarding Immersive Armors, is it correct that the version of Dragonbone Ebonsteel in IA doesn't have the alternate gauntlets ,boots, and breastplate that the original mod has? I ended up disabling it in IA and just using the original mod so I could have those.

Alasyre fucked around with this message at 15:00 on Nov 12, 2014

dennyk
Jan 2, 2005

Cheese-Buyer's Remorse
So I just started playing around with Skyrim again for the first time in a while, and some orc just ran up to me and invited me to join the Dawnguard (it created a quest and map marker and everything), which is a bit strange since I don't actually own the Dawnguard DLC. It doesn't show up in my list of DLC in Steam, but there is a Dawnguard.esm file in my game that didn't used to be there, as far as I can recall. Is this some sort of teaser or demo to try to get people to buy the DLC, or did I accidentally :filez: Dawnguard via some poorly assembled Nexus mod or something?

Zurai
Feb 13, 2012

Wait -- I haven't even voted in this game yet!

dennyk posted:

So I just started playing around with Skyrim again for the first time in a while, and some orc just ran up to me and invited me to join the Dawnguard (it created a quest and map marker and everything), which is a bit strange since I don't actually own the Dawnguard DLC. It doesn't show up in my list of DLC in Steam, but there is a Dawnguard.esm file in my game that didn't used to be there, as far as I can recall. Is this some sort of teaser or demo to try to get people to buy the DLC, or did I accidentally :filez: Dawnguard via some poorly assembled Nexus mod or something?

This happened to me too, but I thought it was something I'd done. Your post made me look it up, and it appears that at one point Steam hosed up and released the Dawnguard.esm to everyone as a free update. They took it down again quickly but if you were logged into Steam at the right time you downloaded the file, although Steam doesn't think you own the expansion. Since you supposedly don't own the expansion, it isn't removed by Steam's uninstaller. Thus, as long as you don't physically delete the file, you'll have access to the Dawnguard content, and it's not even :filez: since it's Steam's fuckup.

Raygereio
Nov 12, 2012

dennyk posted:

Is this some sort of teaser or demo to try to get people to buy the DLC, or did I accidentally :filez: Dawnguard via some poorly assembled Nexus mod or something?
Roughly a year ago Steam had a hiccup and thought all Steam users (even those who didn't own Skyrim) owned the Dawnguard DLC. It only lasted a short while before Valve fixed it, but if you had Skyrim installed and Steam online during that hiccup, Steam would have downloaded the Dawnguard DLC.
The DLC don't have DRM (they're functionally the same as mods), so congratulation with your free Dawnguard.

LtSmash
Dec 18, 2005

Will we next create false gods to rule over us? How proud we have become, and how blind.

-Sister Miriam Godwinson,
"We Must Dissent"

dennyk posted:

Apparently at one point dawnguard got marked as a normal update or free dlc and anyone with skyrim installed and steam running downloaded it. It was reversed pretty quickly but so long as you don't delete it you have it.

SirDan3k
Jan 6, 2001

Trust me, you are taking this a lot more seriously then I am.

LtSmash posted:

Apparently at one point dawnguard got marked as a normal update or free dlc and anyone with skyrim installed and steam running downloaded it. It was reversed pretty quickly but so long as you don't delete it you have it.

DLC also get downloaded and stays checked if somebody with it signs into their steam account on your computer. I got to spend a while trying to track down why I was getting a Dragonborn bug in my supposedly Dragonborn-less because my brother owned it.

SleuthDiplomacy
Sep 25, 2010
I'm having an rear end of a time trying to run PerMa. I keep getting a NullPointerException error as soon as the patcher gets to scroll and staff creation. It even does this without any other mods in the load order. I've un- and reinstalled Skyrim, PerMa, and even Java and nothing helps. Thoughts?

Kraven Moorhed
Jan 5, 2006

So wrong, yet so right.

Soiled Meat

SleuthDiplomacy posted:

I'm having an rear end of a time trying to run PerMa. I keep getting a NullPointerException error as soon as the patcher gets to scroll and staff creation. It even does this without any other mods in the load order. I've un- and reinstalled Skyrim, PerMa, and even Java and nothing helps. Thoughts?

Are you running it through SUM or the Java memory workaround .bat file?

SleuthDiplomacy
Sep 25, 2010

Kraven Moorhed posted:

Are you running it through SUM or the Java memory workaround .bat file?

I've been using the .jar - I tried running the .bat, but it doesn't seem to be doing anything. Hadn't heard of SUM before, I'll give that a shot.

SleuthDiplomacy fucked around with this message at 01:28 on Nov 13, 2014

Zeron
Oct 23, 2010

So some new mods that I've been messing around with for my Perkus Maximus run.

Bounty Gold which is a simple thing that lets you set(through MCM) the base gold that completing a bounty(separated into Bandit/Forsworn/Dragon/Giant) and then add a certain amount of gold for each level you are at to compensate for any scaling.

Functional Homes which instead of messing with creating a new house or any of that simply adds a bunch of containers to every player house that are all connected with each other, as well as a luggage chest that also appears in every inn. There's also a Dragon Mask display which is a bit bloaty but overall it's pretty handy.

Plan Z
May 6, 2012

Does anyone know any good mods that render distant objects in more detail? This has always been a bit of a brain-stain while playing Skyrim.

Phetz
Nov 7, 2008

Daddy like...
Fun Shoe

Plan Z posted:

Does anyone know any good mods that render distant objects in more detail? This has always been a bit of a brain-stain while playing Skyrim.

I like Skyrim Distance Overhaul. There's also links to other distance LOD improvements on the mod page.

SleuthDiplomacy
Sep 25, 2010
I haven't tried SUM yet, but putting the PaMa folder in the SkyProc Patchers folder of my Skyrim install instead of ModOrganizer seemed to help. It was actually importing things and making the patch...until it got to scroll and staff creation, where it gave me another NullPointerException. Same as before, this is only a test with no other mods involved.

Once I finish wrestling with this, though, Functional Homes is definitely going on my list.

EDIT: Opening it through ModOrganizer, which i finally figured out how to do, finally got it to work. A glorious victory for idiots everywhere.

SleuthDiplomacy fucked around with this message at 07:56 on Nov 13, 2014

Agents are GO!
Dec 29, 2004

pmchem posted:

from MO...

It's not talking about load order (right-hand pane), it's talking about mod order (left-hand pane.) They should be roughly equivalent.

Thankfully, the newest versions of MO have a feature to automatically fix mod order, there should be a button on that warning screen.

Right-hand pane mod order is basically "install order." It's the order MO uses to create the virtual directory.

SleuthDiplomacy
Sep 25, 2010
How do I run Patchus Maximus so that it accepts new mods in my load order? I downloaded Apocalypse and Thunderchild (with the appropriate Defluffing PerMa patches) and now when I run the patcher, it doesn't do anything.

EDIT: whatever I did, i seem to have fixed it. Just wish I knew what i was doing wrong...

SleuthDiplomacy fucked around with this message at 21:28 on Nov 13, 2014

King Vidiot
Feb 17, 2007

You think you can take me at Satan's Hollow? Go 'head on!
Well, today was the day I did it, the day when I finally hosed up Skyrim to the point of no return and had to completely gut my install folder, delete every one of my saves and start over from scratch.

That's Skyrim!

But seriously, everyone but me probably already figured this out but if you use Nexus Mod Manager do not loving delete the folder in Games with all the mod .zip files. They're not useless leftovers and NMM will poo poo the bed if they're missing, and you'll have to redownload everything and it will probably stop working altogether.

Phetz
Nov 7, 2008

Daddy like...
Fun Shoe

King Vidiot posted:

Well, today was the day I did it, the day when I finally hosed up Skyrim to the point of no return and had to completely gut my install folder, delete every one of my saves and start over from scratch.

That's Skyrim!

But seriously, everyone but me probably already figured this out but if you use Nexus Mod Manager do not loving delete the folder in Games with all the mod .zip files. They're not useless leftovers and NMM will poo poo the bed if they're missing, and you'll have to redownload everything and it will probably stop working altogether.

Ah I've done this many times, one time twice in a day. It's almost fun to completely start over. Feels fresh.

...I will never finish a playthrough of this loving game.

Praetorian Mage
Feb 16, 2008
I'm trying to start a Perkus Maximus playthrough, but I can't get past how it makes the armor spells look. Oakflesh makes my guy look like he has a skin disease, and I'm getting itchy just looking at it. Anyone know how I can mod this away?

Mr. Crow
May 22, 2008

Snap City mayor for life
TES5Edit, find the spell, find the magic effect, find a vanilla effect you like, copy + paste FormIds to switch them out.

Praetorian Mage
Feb 16, 2008

Mr. Crow posted:

TES5Edit, find the spell, find the magic effect, find a vanilla effect you like, copy + paste FormIds to switch them out.

Wouldn't replacing the FormID change what the spell does as well? I only want to change the visual effect.

Sorry if this is a dumb question; I've only used TES5Edit to make merged patches, so I'm not too familiar with it.

King Vidiot
Feb 17, 2007

You think you can take me at Satan's Hollow? Go 'head on!

Phetz posted:

Ah I've done this many times, one time twice in a day. It's almost fun to completely start over. Feels fresh.

...I will never finish a playthrough of this loving game.

It's funny because I posted this just before I left for work but then I wimped out and restored my Recycle Bin to try and salvage what I could, maybe just cut down the amount of mods and deal with my character being temporarily naked when all my armor mods are gone.

Or maybe it'll still all be hosed somehow and I'll have no choice but to start over from scratch. BETHEEEESDAAAAAA! :argh:

VV The Nexus doesn't help matters when they conveniently show you a long list of all the mods you've ever downloaded. I wound up downloading 20 or so mods just this morning.

King Vidiot fucked around with this message at 01:59 on Nov 14, 2014

Phetz
Nov 7, 2008

Daddy like...
Fun Shoe
Oh, I think it's a safe bet that it'll find a way to be hosed somehow. :gamebryo:

IMO the best thing you can do is start over from scratch, installing the base game/DLC/Utilities/Unofficial patches, and take a good, long look at the list of mods you want to use, cutting down as much as you can on the script-heavy stuff and big content additions. Honestly the best way to go, if you want to have a seamless experience start to finish, is to use as few mods as possible.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Agents are GO!
Dec 29, 2004

King Vidiot posted:

But seriously, everyone but me probably already figured this out but if you use Nexus Mod Manager

Found your problem.

Phetz posted:

Honestly the best way to go, if you want to have a seamless experience start to finish, is to use as few mods as possible.

That's crazy talk.

• Locked thread