Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Drinkfist
Aug 2, 2005

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Hal_2005
Feb 23, 2007
Jesus, is that duckface ? A game where I can walk around as a pouting princess for the low price of 10,000.00 ?

[timg]leonardo-dicaprio-now-you-have-my-attention.gif‎[/timg]

Serious question: how buggy is this? Worth dropping some money on ?

randombattle
Oct 16, 2008

This hand of mine shines and roars! It's bright cry tells me to grasp victory!

MOOOOTERCYCLE*

It's actually a hoverbike

randombattle fucked around with this message at 04:00 on Nov 12, 2014

Eye of Widesauron
Mar 29, 2014

randombattle posted:

MOOOOTERCYCLE*

It's actually a hoverbike

Adding to OP

Mr. Pickles
Mar 19, 2014

This is loving swell.

Is it a true sandbox we can goonrush and be goonunists in, or is it another dumb bitchfist assgame like archeage? Much will depend on that.

In any case, this topic gave me purpose. No more thinking about resubbing to wow after 8 inactive years because Eve is too boring. LETS ROLL

BERGfu
Aug 24, 2010

Nurel posted:

This is loving swell.

Is it a true sandbox we can goonrush and be goonunists in, or is it another dumb bitchfist assgame like archeage? Much will depend on that.

In any case, this topic gave me purpose. No more thinking about resubbing to wow after 8 inactive years because Eve is too boring. LETS ROLL

This isn't like archeage in the slightest. Well i guess you play on a computer and push buttons to do stuff it is but you can kite and move in combat and LOOK AT THAT switch to a first person style which you can deal more damage by scoring headshots.

BERGfu
Aug 24, 2010

Also I reserved the name Squintias for my next down syndrome based character.

treerat
Oct 4, 2005
up here so high i start to shake up here so high the sky i scrape

BERGfu posted:

This isn't like archeage in the slightest. Well i guess you play on a computer and push buttons to do stuff it is but you can kite and move in combat and LOOK AT THAT switch to a first person style which you can deal more damage by scoring headshots.

Which is kind of funny when you think about it, AA being a lovely tab target game built on a fps engine and this game being a fps built on a mmo engine.

Is combat in this game fun?

Mimsy
Oct 25, 2008

BERGfu posted:

The important question is whether or not it's possible to dick over everyone else on a whim and be blatant militant communists. I hear talk of player owned towns and stuff, but can we burn them down or pillage them?

BERGfu
Aug 24, 2010

Mimsy posted:

The important question is whether or not it's possible to dick over everyone else on a whim and be blatant militant communists. I hear talk of player owned towns and stuff, but can we burn them down or pillage them?

yes they have full details on their faq for cities and stuff.

Slarlid posted:

Is combat in this game fun?
From what I've played so far yes but I can't really say anything about the PVP and larger boss like things or whatever since I screwed around in the town for too long.

It's more dynamic then I initially though. If like a creature charges at you and hits you, you're knocked down. Melee is janky and should be avoided until it's worked on. You build up "charges" when fighting so basically you shoot a few times and your able to burst fire better or something like that. All the weapons have fall offs which means you can't shoot half across the map. Enemies will hunt you down if you don't kill them.

BERGfu
Aug 24, 2010

If you're not sure wait and pay 25 bucks so you can use the weird face generator or when it's released

Dahn
Sep 4, 2004

Delamore posted:

I'll setup the goonunism mail me your stuff

If this gets the Delamore and Drinkfist stamp of approval, I will try it.

I'm a lazy gamer and I need Delamore to figure out the mind numbing complexity for me. (I found the rare stupid thing that I don't know what to with, please take it and make me something so I can pew pew)
I need Drinkfist to create the chaos and delicious tear fountains, so I can be hated by pubbies without lifting a finger.

Tempus Thales
May 11, 2012

Artwork by Tempus Thales

Kimsemus posted:

This isn't the game goons need.

This is the game goons deserve.

Consider Goondor formed.

This game feels like ArcheAge Version 2.0... from what I have been reading and following it... How is it any different other than it being futuristic vs Medieval setting in AA?

Can we make sure we don't make the same loving mistakes we did in AA?

Tempus Thales fucked around with this message at 21:33 on Nov 12, 2014

ruffz
Dec 20, 2007

badr posted:

This game feels like ArcheAge Version 2.0...

What's the Repopulation equivalent of AA fishing? Also making sure the original guild leadership aren't pedo defenders would be a great start.

randombattle
Oct 16, 2008

BERGfu posted:

Huh I've been using third person cause I like watching my potato head strafe and roll around. I didn't know the first person had head shots and stuff.

BERGfu
Aug 24, 2010

randombattle posted:

Huh I've been using third person cause I like watching my potato head strafe and roll around. I didn't know the first person had head shots and stuff.

it switches you mouse 1 to primary fire of your weapon and actually varies the damage. You probably won't insta kill some bandit you found out in the woods who is geared but a couple of people who focus fire can take on larger stuff. Also they drop useable loot so like need a better gun kill someone.

zwdzk
Dec 12, 2012

smug

badr posted:

This game feels like ArcheAge Version 2.0... from what I have been reading and following it... How is it any different other than it being futuristic vs Medieval setting in AA?

No... just no. Game is nothing like ArcheAge. Think of it as a reskinned and even more gloriously convoluted Star Wars Galaxies.

Tempus Thales
May 11, 2012

Artwork by Tempus Thales

zwdzk posted:

No... just no. Game is nothing like ArcheAge. Think of it as a reskinned and even more gloriously convoluted Star Wars Galaxies.

those are big shoes to fill in...

Grimby
Sep 12, 2002

zwdzk posted:

So it's basically a tech demo with a lot of broken stuff in it?

Tempus Thales
May 11, 2012

Artwork by Tempus Thales

ruffz posted:

What's the Repopulation equivalent of AA fishing? Also making sure the original guild leadership aren't pedo defenders would be a great start.

There is a fishing skill. You can use a traditional pole method which plays as a minigame. Then there is a spear fishing method where you jump into the water and click on nodes.

zwdzk
Dec 12, 2012

smug

Grimby posted:

So it's basically a tech demo with a lot of broken stuff in it?

And equally bad graphics

Tempus Thales
May 11, 2012

Artwork by Tempus Thales

Drinkfist
Aug 2, 2005

Dahn posted:

If this gets the Delamore and Drinkfist stamp of approval, I will try it.

I'm a lazy gamer and I need Delamore to figure out the mind numbing complexity for me. (I found the rare stupid thing that I don't know what to with, please take it and make me something so I can pew pew)
I need Drinkfist to create the chaos and delicious tear fountains, so I can be hated by pubbies without lifting a finger.

Get in the loving bad games crew while we still have a holdout in Camping The Stairs Mumble. Its only a matter of time before me or Grithok make Lumbering Troll permaban us and promptly hang himself.

Drinkfist
Aug 2, 2005

For anyone wondering also this is a full blown sandbox. Right after you get out of the quick tutorial area your rear end is just dropped and told to do fuckallwhatever. There is no "Follow the Quest Chain". No Kill x dogs to get to the next area to kill x green dogs. You can trigger a "Looking for Work" flag and NPCs will just email you a fuckton of repeatable quests that you can turn off.

The Levels are run the same way as Skyrim. Shoot poo poo with rifles to rank up rifles. Let dogs bite you to level up armor and evasion. The current state of the Alpha is 100% Janky jank. Don't buy in unless you like this kind of poo poo. By this poo poo I mean Indie as gently caress, complicated as hell and oldschool to the max.

I haven't stuck with a character fully in the alpha because everything really requires some friends to get anything done. So in regards of PvP and player loving opportunities I have no idea as of right now.

Mr. Pickles
Mar 19, 2014

So we get to aggro a fuckton of mobs and kite them on pubbies while screaming obscenities.

This looks much more promising than Albion online, which seems to be just a fool-loot UO clone where your items dictate which spells you can cast (much like PoE). Yikes.

HYPE HYPE HYPE

BERGfu
Aug 24, 2010

Well you can game it so that the enemies leash become invulnerable and chase you down then attack the next person. Cool thing to try, attack an npc in the tutorial area.

BERGfu
Aug 24, 2010

Drinkfist posted:

The current state of the Alpha is 100% Janky jank. Don't buy in unless you like this kind of poo poo. By this poo poo I mean Indie as gently caress, complicated as hell and oldschool to the max.

treerat
Oct 4, 2005
up here so high i start to shake up here so high the sky i scrape

Drinkfist posted:

The current state of the Alpha is 100% Janky jank. Don't buy in unless you like this kind of poo poo. By this poo poo I mean Indie as gently caress, complicated as hell and oldschool to the max.

Sold, I'm in for $25.

Tempus Thales
May 11, 2012

Artwork by Tempus Thales
Which of the three factions have you all been rolling on? Does it matter at this point at least?

BERGfu
Aug 24, 2010

Doesn't matter at this point. I picked the one on the left omon or whatever

randombattle
Oct 16, 2008

I think it's actually 2 factions and one that is like neutral. But also it doesn't matter right now I think you might start in a different city.

puberty worked me over
May 20, 2013

by Cyrano4747
So what makes this game any different from Xsyon, Wurm, Haven and Hearth, and Salem or any of the other trashy sandbox MMOs we've had thrown at us for the past decade in the way that they become primarily gigantic RNG contests in the form of trying to find the pixel things that one needs to craft the other pixel things and those who are best at spending the most time at finding pixel things (read: botting) will beat up everyone else?

Will MMO devs one day maybe go "Hey you know maybe we shouldn't base this game's economy and power structure entirely based on easily automated tasks and/or timesinks"? Based on the past two decades I'll go with probably not.

Widestancer posted:

THIS GAME HAS NO LEVELS HOLY poo poo
*No Levels
*Skills based gameplay which features 75 unique skills, and 14 tiers within each skill line.

:thejoke:

puberty worked me over fucked around with this message at 01:42 on Nov 14, 2014

randombattle
Oct 16, 2008

Extra posted:

So what makes this game any different from Xsyon, Wurm, Haven and Hearth, and Salem or any of the other trashy sandbox MMOs we've had thrown at us for the past decade in the way that they become primarily gigantic RNG contests in the form of trying to find the pixel things that one needs to craft the other pixel things and those who are best at spending the most time at finding pixel things (read: botting) will beat up everyone else?

Will MMO devs one day maybe go "Hey you know maybe we shouldn't base this game's economy and power structure entirely based on easily automated tasks and/or timesinks"? Based on the past two decades I'll go with probably not.

:thejoke:

You can upgrade the quality of the resources you're picking up and if you're good enough you can upgrade an entire area. Theoretically you could take advantage of someone trying to bot by using them to upgrade stuff then killing them and stealing the upgraded materials.

YOTC
Nov 18, 2005
Damn stupid newbie
I threw :10bux::20bux::20bux: at this to check it out when the last alpha hit and archeage started being a pile of poo poo. Honestly from the maybe 8 hours i've gotten to play it seems neat and to have a horribly complicated crafting system that I love. Alphas wonky as hell and such. They solved the botting resource nodes problem by making it so that nodes degrade over time. Have fun botting your poo poo tier crafting mats.

Current problem consists of Dear god is this game crashy. The alpha build goes down on me like once an hour and I can't even log in atm.

Edit: Newt, neat. same thing

YOTC fucked around with this message at 03:12 on Nov 14, 2014

Drinkfist
Aug 2, 2005

YOTC posted:

I threw :10bux::20bux::20bux: at this to check it out when the last alpha hit and archeage started being a pile of poo poo. Honestly from the maybe 8 hours i've gotten to play it seems neat and to have a horribly complicated crafting system that I love. Alphas wonky as hell and such. They solved the botting resource nodes problem by making it so that nodes degrade over time. Have fun botting your poo poo tier crafting mats.

Current problem consists of Dear god is this game crashy. The alpha build goes down on me like once an hour and I can't even log in atm.

Edit: Newt, neat. same thing

Yeah the poo poo crashes all over the place because they are loving dropping the Heroengine dev build on everyone's poo poo. When they add a hotfix they use the heroengine stream in causing you to get random rear end spikes in framerate when not crossing a zone and you don't have any idea who is loving with what. When they actually compile a loving stable install as well as update their patching systems.

Right now it is just downright glorious chaos. I have hoverbiked my rear end off the world and got teleported back to Plymouth which is really hosed up because of how loving ungodly huge this godforsaken planet is. I am playing the alpha like I did with the WoW alpha where nothing but mounts were in and there was nothing to do but explore. I love how the devs dropped a map a long while back but they reshuffled how they wanted to zone connects so the map is useless and the in game one is madness so finding your way around is a hoot. I am still trying to track down an entrance to the ocean area so I can go check out the underwater city area.

Sidenote: Thanks for the new avatar.

Yngwie Mangosteen
Aug 23, 2007
Hi is there room for a bee in this game?

Can I milk bees?

Drinkfist
Aug 2, 2005

nucleicmaxid posted:

Hi is there room for a bee in this game?

Can I milk bees?

In the future bees milk you.

BERGfu
Aug 24, 2010

Drinkfist posted:

Sidenote: Thanks for the new avatar.

BERGfu
Aug 24, 2010

I'm going for the two person hover car because I'm curious how it will end up working like if it's just like other mounts in other games where the other person rides with you or if you can swap who's driving or whatever.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Snatch Duster
Feb 20, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

randombattle posted:

You can upgrade the quality of the resources you're picking up and if you're good enough you can upgrade an entire area. Theoretically you could take advantage of someone trying to bot by using them to upgrade stuff then killing them and stealing the upgraded materials.

So basically Salem

• Locked thread