Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
howe_sam
Mar 7, 2013

Creepy little garbage eaters

Canned Panda posted:

THe Kree would be thinking about it because they wanted to check in on their experiments maybe?
They also said the Kree was thousands of years old, so maybe it dates back to when they were loving around with the Inhumans?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Stabbey_the_Clown
Sep 21, 2002

Are... are you quite sure you really want to say that?
Taco Defender

frgildan posted:

The best part of that scene was the shovel and gas cans just behind Ward.

:allears: I bet somebodyyyyyyy's house is gonna get burned down!

Jetfire
Apr 29, 2008
Ward finally has a purpose other than "i lub skye" and it's wonderful.

Lemniscate Blue
Apr 21, 2006

Here we go again.

frgildan posted:

The best part of that scene was the shovel and gas cans just behind Ward.

And the strike-anywhere matches in his bag.

Kheldarn
Feb 17, 2011

Looks like the host alien being Kree has been confirmed on Twitter by Clark Gregg:

quote:

“@peggycarterr: @clarkgregg do you think the map is really the road to T.A.H.I.T.I? #AgentsofSHIELD” Tahiti graffiti from kree?

Xtanstic
Nov 23, 2007

Kheldarn posted:

Looks like the host alien being Kree has been confirmed on Twitter by Clark Gregg:

Wasn't this confirmed last season?

Reset Smith
Apr 6, 2009
This show is on such a roll. I think by now it's had way more great episodes than it ever had lame ones.

Deakul
Apr 2, 2012

PAM PA RAM

PAM PAM PARAAAAM!

Oh my God, they're going to find Atlantis and meet up with Sheppard and McKay! :neckbeard:

Lemniscate Blue
Apr 21, 2006

Here we go again.
Wait, so does this mean that if Coulson had just let the experimental subjects keep writing until they figured it out and saw the complete 3D city, they wouldn't have had to wipe them?

The T.A.H.I.T.I. procedure's only flaw could be fixed by keeping a model around to show the crazy people, then it's a no-catch resurrection machine.

Kheldarn
Feb 17, 2011

BatteredFeltFedora posted:

Wait, so does this mean that if Coulson had just let the experimental subjects keep writing until they figured it out and saw the complete 3D city, they wouldn't have had to wipe them?

The T.A.H.I.T.I. procedure's only flaw could be fixed by keeping a model around to show the crazy people, then it's a no-catch resurrection machine.

Except nobody knew what was going on at that point.

frgildan
Apr 6, 2005

I went some place mum and everyday I woke up in that place and told myself I'm alive and I was.

Well the writing started off a little at a time and grew worse. Now that Coulson knows what it is the urge to find it might grow just as bad as the writing.

hcreight
Mar 19, 2007

My name is Oliver Queen...

Deakul posted:

Oh my God, they're going to find Atlantis and meet up with Sheppard and McKay! :neckbeard:

Any Atlantis they find better involve some goddamn Namor. :colbert:

(Which I don't think is possible because he's tied up in Fox's FF rights. Plus that's totally Attilan anyway.)

X-O
Apr 28, 2002

Long Live The King!

Namor isn't part of the Fox rights. There's some rights issues with Universal though as it was with them for a while for a solo project that never got off the ground. I believe it's still tangled up in that. Feige has said Namor is possible but it would take some work to get it straightened out.

greatn
Nov 15, 2006

by Lowtax

Was. All the GH serum was destroyed or used.

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

I like how the last guy mentioned that he didn't know what they were talking about re going crazy and then Coulson says that looking at the model made it all stop.

frgildan
Apr 6, 2005

I went some place mum and everyday I woke up in that place and told myself I'm alive and I was.

muscles like this? posted:

I like how the last guy mentioned that he didn't know what they were talking about re going crazy and then Coulson says that looking at the model made it all stop.

He also had a wife and kid which is more then the other reprogrammed agents had.

Dexo
Aug 15, 2009

A city that was to live by night after the wilderness had passed. A city that was to forge out of steel and blood-red neon its own peculiar wilderness.
The other guy had never seen the drawings because he never drew them, he created the 3d Model welded and made it and moved on with his life. Never actually going crazy.

Wife and Kids had nothing to do with it.

Jetfire
Apr 29, 2008
So...what do I need to read to get to know more about the Inhumans?

X-O
Apr 28, 2002

Long Live The King!

I mean it could be Attilan, but something tells me it's not. I don't see a way to do an Attilan story that's satisfying in wrapping up the core mystery of the show when you can't introduce Black Bolt, Medusa, or really any of the other Inhumans because that's not going to happen on the show. Yes you could do a story involving Attilan without those characters but it wouldn't be satisfying in any way because you're not going to get any real revelations about the city without introducing the people that rule it. I think if it's Inhumans at all it's something like that lost city that showed up in Infinity recently.

Funhilde
Jun 1, 2011

Cats Love Me.
I'm sure whatever it is will tie in with Avengers somehow. I have a feeling the guy that went back to his family will be back in the story too.

X-O
Apr 28, 2002

Long Live The King!

Funhilde posted:

I'm sure whatever it is will tie in with Avengers somehow. I have a feeling the guy that went back to his family will be back in the story too.

I would welcome Joel Gretsch to this show any time he can be on it in the future. He's great. But he's also set to be a regular on the MTV Scream series I think so it's not likely.

Funhilde
Jun 1, 2011

Cats Love Me.

Deadpool posted:

I would welcome Joel Gretsch to this show any time he can be on it in the future. He's great. But he's also set to be a regular on the MTV Scream series I think so it's not likely.

I guess we'll see. This show has become good so things happen that I don't expect. It is really nice.

BrianWilly
Apr 24, 2007

There is no homosexual terrorist Johnny Silverhand
The city's definitely not confirmed to be Attilan yet, but then, I think it's the first solid hint from the show that Skye and the serum probably have to do with the Inhumans as opposed to the...well, the guesswork, speculation, and hopeful straw-grasping that had gone on before. There's really only a finite number of Marvel comics alien cities to draw from, and Attilan is the one most nerds will think of right off the bat.

I can't believe that dumbass TAHITI/brain surgery thing, which flagpoled the nadir of season 1, actually turned out to be such a cool plot now.

Also Ward is amazing.

Codependent Poster
Oct 20, 2003

Attilan is the best bet, but it could also be the Immortal City. Maybe have it tie in with Howard Stark and Agent Carter.

jscolon2.0
Jul 9, 2001

With great payroll, comes great disappointment.
So TAHITI now has no side effects. That's kinda game changing. (No one dies, ever.)

bobkatt013
Oct 8, 2006

You’re telling me Peter Parker is ...... Spider-man!?

jscolon2.0 posted:

So TAHITI now has no side effects. That's kinda game changing. (No one dies, ever.)

Do they have any more of the serum? They also lost the source with the explosion at the lab.

Lemniscate Blue
Apr 21, 2006

Here we go again.

jscolon2.0 posted:

Except it got a little blowed up.

Bruceski
Aug 21, 2007

The tools of a hero mean nothing without a solid core.

It's the Magical Place resort in Tahiti, trying some new attempts at viral marketing.

Barry Convex
Sep 1, 2005

Think of the good things, Pim! The good things!

Like Jesus, candy, and crackerjacks! Ice cream and cake and lots o'laffs!
Grandma, Grandpa, and Uncle Joe! Larry, Curly, and brother Moe!
If anything, the whole "we have to find the Kree city before HYDRA does!" points against Attilan and an Inhumans storyline, given how far the film is from release; how could they even depict Attilan on the show, on a much lower effects budget, when everything substantial to reveal about it is presumably being saved for the films?

X-O
Apr 28, 2002

Long Live The King!

Barry Convex posted:

If anything, the whole "we have to find the Kree city before HYDRA does!" points against Attilan and an Inhumans storyline, given how far the film is from release; how could they even depict Attilan on the show, on a much lower effects budget, when everything substantial to reveal about it is presumably being saved for the films?

Plus as I said it's the core mystery of the show so far. And you're not going to get anything satisfying from Attilan if you can't use the people that run the place and they sure as hell aren't going to let them cast any of the main Inhuman characters on this show. Plus if the Kree blood makes them think it's "Home" that doesn't really work with Attilan either.

bobkatt013
Oct 8, 2006

You’re telling me Peter Parker is ...... Spider-man!?

Barry Convex posted:

They have colonies all over earth. They find one of those.

pentyne
Nov 7, 2012
Crazy Ward is one my favorite characters ever.

Javid
Oct 21, 2004

:jpmf:
Did I miss a line about what happened to the tattooed serial killer tahiti dude? They have british hydra dude in their one holding cell, I doubt they just let him go.

X-O
Apr 28, 2002

Long Live The King!

Javid posted:

Did I miss a line about what happened to the tattooed serial killer tahiti dude? They have british hydra dude in their one holding cell, I doubt they just let him go.

They mentioned he was brought up on charges and was taken by somebody.

JFC
Oct 16, 2003

Jesus F Christ
Finger Lickin' God
The Inhumans movie will be released after Guardians of the Galaxy 2 and Captain Marvel, and between Avengers: Infinity War parts 1 and 2. It could just be telling an origin story about the Kree/Skrull war and the creation of the Inhumans when homo sapiens were still in the stone age. They could be making Inhumans to tell a cool story and put all the other pieces into context at just the right time in the overall movie arc.

Tokelau All Star
Feb 23, 2008

THE TAXES! THE FINGER THING MEANS THE TAXES!

I really hope Ward becomes a third power in his own right, an unpredictable wrench in the works of the SHIELD-HYDRA battle. Him working for HYDRA all along would be incredibly lame. I'd like him to be just completely insane.

Martout
Aug 8, 2007

None so deprived

Tokelau All Star posted:

I really hope Ward becomes a third power in his own right, an unpredictable wrench in the works of the SHIELD-HYDRA battle. Him working for HYDRA all along would be incredibly lame. I'd like him to be just completely insane.

Well a Hydra team went to meet him, among them the head honchos right hand and then they didn't come back so I would assume Hydra consider Ward an enemy from now on?

He'll be the roguest agent, not caring who he has to murder as long as it helps Skye.

halwain
May 31, 2011
I dont think the city is attilan (i think its too early and while they coudl be redesigning it for the movies/series it doesnt look like attilan at all)
(sorry for the bad quality)
The city has a couple of really weird high spires, does someone remember those from somewhere in the comics?
Theres also a weird shining crystal? a little bit to the left of the centre.

GreenNight
Feb 19, 2006
Turning the light on the darkest places, you and I know we got to face this now. We got to face this now.

I'm half kidding but it would be funny if they spend all this time looking for this city, finally find it and Fury is just hanging out there, going "well it's about god drat time Colson!".

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Emerson Cod
Apr 14, 2004

by Pragmatica
Its probably the version of the city in the Himalayas, the team gets there, and after whatever big Season Finale event, it blasts off to the moon. That part may happen in a movie. They wouldn't have to cast the Royal Family, though it would make sense if Skye's dad is one of them (my wife is guessing Maximus).

• Locked thread