Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
will I later regret not putting effort into this poll?
Yes
No
View Results

• Locked thread
Nostalgia4Dogges
Jun 18, 2004

Only emojis can express my pure, simple stupidity.

lol a game mode where the sole objective is to get the most kills and you're surprised at people camping and not zipping around everywhere like a loon

Welcome to COD

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Draven
May 6, 2005

friendship is magic
I got some bomb rear end cleat looking shoes last night and I'm pretty sure it's because I got a multi kill with the goomba stomp. :getin:

Edit:gently caress the sac build. I'd rather run and gun with the wubgun or the kf5.

Comedy option is the duel LMGs.

Draven fucked around with this message at 06:53 on Nov 12, 2014

Feenix
Mar 14, 2003
Sorry, guy.

Spoon Man posted:

:siren: CLAN WARS THIS SATURDAY :siren:

BOYS clan war roster is set. I suggest Pillow Talk does the same so that you can exclude the members that do not own this game while keeping them in the clan roster.

What is Clan Wars, how do we participate and what are (supposedly) the rewards? And does any clan want me? (I'm better than average.) PS4.

Static Rook
Dec 1, 2000

by Lowtax

Smelly posted:

I got some bomb rear end cleat looking shoes last night and I'm pretty sure it's because I got a multi kill with the goomba stomp. :getin:

If you're talking about the Jack Boots, yeah they rock...but they're timed so enjoy em while they last.

pretty soft girl
Oct 1, 2004

my dead grandfather fights better than you
did they fix the bug where emblems were getting reset on prestige with 1.5? It is very important that I don't lose the last 15 minutes of my life

Also if you unlocked gold camo for a weapon under the current criteria of 50 attachment-less kills, do you still keep the camo after the patch that increases it to 200 kills?

Draven
May 6, 2005

friendship is magic

Static Rook posted:

If you're talking about the Jack Boots, yeah they rock...but they're timed so enjoy em while they last.

I didn't see anything that indicated they were timed. Now I'm sad. Those boots are freaking awesome.

Bumper Stickup
Jan 7, 2012

Mmm... Offshore Toast!

Grimey Drawer

Smelly posted:

I didn't see anything that indicated they were timed. Now I'm sad. Those boots are freaking awesome.

Go to your armory and look to see if there's a timer on them.

Also Rei I was being serious. FFA or Infected are the best modes to chill out and play while waiting for others to join up with.

So Icey Seifuku
Dec 26, 2007

Feenix posted:

What is Clan Wars, how do we participate and what are (supposedly) the rewards? And does any clan want me? (I'm better than average.) PS4.

If it's anything like Ghosts, essentially we'll be playing a game mode in order to rack up wins to capture that specific game modes node which in turn gives us points over time. The more points you have the better your clan is doing overall.

Reward wise we should get vanity items like new dress up stuff or camos/playercards.

Draven
May 6, 2005

friendship is magic

Fibby Boy posted:

Go to your armory and look to see if there's a timer on them.

Also Rei I was being serious. FFA or Infected are the best modes to chill out and play while waiting for others to join up with.

That's what I did last night and I didn't see one like those stupid one shot goggles I get every game.

Bumper Stickup
Jan 7, 2012

Mmm... Offshore Toast!

Grimey Drawer

Smelly posted:

That's what I did last night and I didn't see one like those stupid one shot goggles I get every game.

Those goggles are the best thing and I am always sad when I have to give them up.

Knifegrab
Jul 30, 2014

Gadzooks! I'm terrified of this little child who is going to stab me with a knife. I must wrest the knife away from his control and therefore gain the upperhand.

Fibby Boy posted:

Those goggles are the best thing and I am always sad when I have to give them up.

One point I can agree on.

Old Doggy Bastard
Dec 18, 2008

So Icey Seifuku posted:

If it's anything like Ghosts, essentially we'll be playing a game mode in order to rack up wins to capture that specific game modes node which in turn gives us points over time. The more points you have the better your clan is doing overall.

Reward wise we should get vanity items like new dress up stuff or camos/playercards.

The reward is that other people will be upset at having less points than us while not giving a poo poo about the points ourselves.

Alteisen
Jun 4, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

Rei_ posted:

Yeah idk I don't know how much longer I'm going to be into this. Five TDMs in a row in five different lobbies of just like, stationary-rear end, campy, creeping trash games. You get punished for using any of the exo abilities to actually move because the maps are just so full of all this wasted loving space kids just use to hide in. It's not enraging or even frustrating it's just like, kinda depressing to see this is how people choose to play these games.

Like one in every ten games I get to have a fast-paced fuckin' arena shooter style match where people are flying all over the place and everything's moving and things are just fast and frantic but like, literally every other match I play is people laying prone in corners and hiding behind fuckin' rocks like they're terrified to actually play the game.

That's something that will never cease to amaze me, you got all these cool rear end movement options and NOPE, just gonna sit here in this corner like a bitch.

Slayer1597
Nov 6, 2008

TREMENDOUS CHILD
ASK ME ABOUT MY ANIMES
Tonights Goon Game Stream: Cancelled on a count of lag.

Slayer1597 fucked around with this message at 08:10 on Nov 12, 2014

Draven
May 6, 2005

friendship is magic

Fibby Boy posted:

They hide my zombie face and that is something I just can't allow.

Nostalgia4Dogges
Jun 18, 2004

pretty soft girl posted:

you unlocked gold camo for a weapon under the current criteria of 50 attachment-less kills, do you still keep the camo after the patch that increases it to 200 kills?

Just checked and yeah

The gently caress is everyone on PSN? Keep spamming invites to losers playing FFA and TDM but nothing

Quabzor
Oct 17, 2010

My whole life just flashed before my eyes! Dude, I sleep a lot.
So does anybody else get gunshots firing from other people that doesn't really seem to come from anywhere? It was just constant tonight with me and I could not figure out where the gently caress it was coming from

Any time I was near a teammate I could clearly hear theirs coming from them, but there was just random bursts of gunfire that sounded like I was shooting it, and no it was not coming from my gun.

Rageaholic
May 31, 2005

Old Town Road to EGOT

MK14 is like the least fun gun I've used in multiplayer so far, but knowing me, I'm still gonna get all the attachments for it :cripes:

Mister Facetious
Apr 21, 2007

I think I died and woke up in L.A.,
I don't know how I wound up in this place...

:canada:

Rageaholic Monkey posted:

MK14 is like the least fun gun I've used in multiplayer so far, but knowing me, I'm still gonna get all the attachments for it :cripes:

Three hits at point blank range. Oh, how the mighty have fallen. :sigh:

versus
Sep 11, 2001

:iw:

So Icey Seifuku posted:

Good kancolle avatar. :3:

Mister Macys posted:

It's so utterly disappointing. :(

Knifegrab
Jul 30, 2014

Gadzooks! I'm terrified of this little child who is going to stab me with a knife. I must wrest the knife away from his control and therefore gain the upperhand.

Quabzor posted:

So does anybody else get gunshots firing from other people that doesn't really seem to come from anywhere? It was just constant tonight with me and I could not figure out where the gently caress it was coming from

Any time I was near a teammate I could clearly hear theirs coming from them, but there was just random bursts of gunfire that sounded like I was shooting it, and no it was not coming from my gun.

I have had this happen a bunch, it is almost always laser gun sounds.

IM DAY DAY IRL
Jul 11, 2003

Everything's fine.

Nothing to see here.

Mister Macys posted:

oh god dammit

Nostalgia4Dogges
Jun 18, 2004

If you're a xim scrub like me I just realized the ST has been released fyi

-edit ok wow maybe just placebo but it seems a lot better and smoothe. Seriously doing a lot better

Nostalgia4Dogges fucked around with this message at 10:47 on Nov 12, 2014

Feenix
Mar 14, 2003
Sorry, guy.

Knifegrab posted:

I have had this happen a bunch, it is almost always laser gun sounds.

At least twice for me. System hack static. I win. THE most obnoxious sound.

Goodchild
Jan 3, 2010
Are there any other Xbone goon clans outside of BOYS? I don't even like boys. (OP says they're full)

Draven
May 6, 2005

friendship is magic
I just used a bombing run in hardcore.

And killed 5 enemies and 0 teammates.:staredog:

Moochewmoo
May 13, 2009
Can anyone help clue me in on what happened here? I was really confused when the other player didn't topple over. I know I'm really bad but this is just silly.

http://youtu.be/S84_0c1bwug

FallinInTheBlak
Jan 20, 2013

Sarcastic. Sadistic. British.
:britain:
:wotwot:

Moochewmoo posted:

Can anyone help clue me in on what happened here? I was really confused when the other player didn't topple over. I know I'm really bad but this is just silly.

http://youtu.be/S84_0c1bwug

Seems normal to me.

Nostalgia4Dogges
Jun 18, 2004

Smelly posted:

I just used a bombing run in hardcore.

And killed 5 enemies and 0 teammates.:staredog:

Which is weird because that thing kills everything on the map inside or outside of a building

Puckish Rogue
Jun 24, 2010

Rei_ posted:

Yeah idk I don't know how much longer I'm going to be into this. Five TDMs in a row in five different lobbies of just like, stationary-rear end, campy, creeping trash games. You get punished for using any of the exo abilities to actually move because the maps are just so full of all this wasted loving space kids just use to hide in. It's not enraging or even frustrating it's just like, kinda depressing to see this is how people choose to play these games.

Like one in every ten games I get to have a fast-paced fuckin' arena shooter style match where people are flying all over the place and everything's moving and things are just fast and frantic but like, literally every other match I play is people laying prone in corners and hiding behind fuckin' rocks like they're terrified to actually play the game.

I feel like you should have realised your mistake when you typed "TDM."

Solo objective modes can be hilarious fun. Up until this weekend I'd never played with goons or anyone outside of my best friend so pubby life is a charmed life for me. Dom with them is delicious chaos where usually you and one other person run from A to B to C whilst the rest of your team does loving nothing or you race from A to B to C alone whilst the rest of your team tries to keep the points locked down by camping in places which I'm pretty sure can't see any of the flags. You get to be The Main Man and capture points whilst your teammates somehow get less than 2 captures when you start next to a flag twice per game and also get less than 5 defends.

Except on Comeback. Even as a pub lifer I cannot loving stand Comeback Dom with those assholes. What is it about that map which turns people into flailing spastics?

Ok I just described why playing with pubbies is awful but I kind of like it so in closing gently caress TDM.

Moochewmoo
May 13, 2009

FallinInTheBlak posted:

Seems normal to me.

Right on. I thought I landed a headshots with that burst but it seems I was totally wrong!

Edit: either psn is making GBS threads the bed or CoD servers are going down. We got a ton of disconnects and what seemed to be rage quits.

Moochewmoo fucked around with this message at 11:14 on Nov 12, 2014

Draven
May 6, 2005

friendship is magic

Moochewmoo posted:

Right on. I thought I landed a headshots with that burst but it seems I was totally wrong!

Edit: either psn is making GBS threads the bed or CoD servers are going down. We got a ton of disconnects and what seemed to be rage quits.

My party just got booted with the message that the cod service was down.

Old Doggy Bastard
Dec 18, 2008

Rageaholic Monkey posted:

This describes how I felt playing with the MK14, it just does not feel enjoyable.

Spoon Man
Mar 15, 2003

Goodchild posted:

Are there any other Xbone goon clans outside of BOYS? I don't even like boys. (OP says they're full)

Ask Agoat or make one if he hasn't already.

Agoat posted:

Is there an Xbone clan yet? I'm about to make one.

Spoon Man posted:

Definitely make a clan and invite both XBone and 360 players since XBL is considered one platform and they can all contribute to clan XP and clan wars.

BOYS is the existing XBL clan, but has been near or at capacity since 2011.

For anyone that is emblem challenged, you can join a clan and use the clan emblem! Clan members can also submit emblems for the leader to use/save/discard so you can use clans as a way of sharing emblem creations. I know as a clan leader, I can save the clan emblem to my personal list. If members can also save the clan emblem, the leader can just swap the clan emblem regularly for members to save a variety of solid entries.

Goodchild
Jan 3, 2010
I just played a 2+ hour round of Exo survival on Tier 3 and got 100 some rounds complete, then the rear end in a top hat that was host shouted something, jumped off the stage to his death and disconnected. Server lost, progress NONE.

Goodchild fucked around with this message at 12:41 on Nov 12, 2014

Scatterfold
Nov 4, 2008

Goodchild posted:

I just played a 2+ hour round of Exo survival on Tier 3 and got 100 some rounds complete, then the rear end in a top hat that was host shouted something, jumped off the stage to his death and disconnected. Server lost, progress NONE.

lmao :coal:

Nostalgia4Dogges
Jun 18, 2004

Old Doggy Bastard posted:

This describes how I felt playing with the MK14, it just does not feel enjoyable.

Seems like it'd be a good ghetto sniper rifle. Maybe slap an ACOG on it?

Servers have been poo poo past couple hours. Terrible lag and constant disconnects. I'm out

Also bought the season pass for some dumb reason

So Icey Seifuku
Dec 26, 2007

Old Doggy Bastard posted:

From experience I'd say it's highly preferential in regards to what map your playing on. I've gotten scores in the range of 30-5 with it on Ascend due to the long sight lines and playing to the weapons strengths but I'm not even going to bother with it on something like Biolab.

Nostalgia4Dogges
Jun 18, 2004

Apparently threat detection goes through low profile. You need food blonded and low profile to be completely immune

And apparently camo challenges are still resetting after prestiging. Anyone prestige recently?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

buttchugging adderall
May 7, 2007

COME GET SOME

So Icey Seifuku posted:

From experience I'd say it's highly preferential in regards to what map your playing on. I've gotten scores in the range of 30-5 with it on Ascend due to the long sight lines and playing to the weapons strengths but I'm not even going to bother with it on something like Biolab.

I can get behind this statement but I still think it needs a damage buff to actually be all that viable.

The noise it makes is so meaty and great though.

• Locked thread