Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
funky not a junkie
Aug 5, 2011

Samizdata posted:

There was a movie a few years back that I can't remember the name of to save my life (something Inc. maybe) that started out with a common business scene, and, as it progressed, you noticed the water cooler was full of blood and the people at lunch were, well, lunching on people.

Can someone get the name of this movie pls I have no idea what to google and this sounds like it owns

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Buried alive
Jun 8, 2009
Sounds a lot like something that could be from Daybreakers, but I don't think that's actually it.

Samizdata
May 14, 2007

Buried alive posted:

Sounds a lot like something that could be from Daybreakers, but I don't think that's actually it.

I am awesome and had a brainwave tonight.

Netherbeast Incorporated. (http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0787495/)

IMDB refers to them as vampires, but they're not exactly so. (Trailer on YT)

Not on Netflix though.

Intoner
Oct 3, 2014

I'm not teasing you.. I'm murdering you!
Finally I've read through all of this thread and I'd like to thank everybody for contributing. It was really a fun ride, though sometimes creepy or even shocking. It's fascinating that this thread managed to survive for over 3 years, but this just shows how our world is filled with crazy. Thank you uglynoodles for creating this wonderful thread :glomp: (don't be afraid, I haven't glomped anybody irl ever).

When I was younger I was a big anime and videogame fan. I'd say I was a big weirdo, the only difference to the people in the previous stories was that I kept all strange thoughts and ideas to myself and would try hard to appear normal on the outside. I was nearly always creeped out when I've met other anime fans that behaved like perverts or 5 year olds and kept my distance.
The few times I've went to cons or some online member meetings was to observe the crazies and get some entertainment out of it. Retrspectively I must have done it so I could share some stories sometime in the future. :smugbert:
Now I'm only playing some video games from time to time and watch a little bit anime every few weeks - the latter can be explained by the tons of poo poo that gets made these days, 90% being some fan service or moeglob.

I'd like to contribute a little bit of my experiences, please bear with me as English isn't my first language and mistakes are bound to happen.

In the years of being an anime enthusiast I've encountered many different fandoms, from Sailor Moon and Dragonball to Bleach and K-ON and I have to say that Naruto (often called narutards) has one of the worst fan bases or explicitly the most retarded (hence the name).
I've got dragged by my first boyfriend into one of the biggest Naruto RPGs in Germany and it felt like it consisted only of desperate and emo teenage kids and grown-ups with no real life still living with their parents. For example I remember there was the guy named Seito, a 28 years old, unwashed, unshaved, fat shut-in still living with his mom who claimed to study roleplay mechanics and his self-worth was defined by his fictional character and his "power" as a mod in this game.

But I'll start with some dude from my high school who I had to hang out with because he was one of my boyfriend's friends. He was also a member of this Naruto RPG and if I remember right his character was named Kokoro what I found pretty.. unusual as a boy's name. I guess he choose this name to lure in small girls and appear harmless in their eyes. He'd like to chat with 12 to 14 year olds (he was 17 then) and used an e-mail address based on the kids anime "Hamtaro". Yeah, think about it.

Kokoro was an overweight Turkish guy from a poor family, who spent the little money his single mother had on expensive poo poo like Japanese classes which were pretty much for nought or trips to girls he hoped to bang. He was wearing braces, clothes like my dead grandpa might wear, had short cut hair and smelled literally like poo poo. His friends told him, others from his class told him, only he himself didn't seem to notice that he reeked of feces. I guess I should be thankful that he didn't glomp people but he was one of thess anime freaks that would shout "NANI?!" or "TEME!" or some other anime slang words so loud it would echo through the hallway and I'd pretend that I didn't belong to this group - even my boyfriend was embarrased by him in these moments.

But I could've put up with all these things if he wasn't such a smart-arse, poo poo-talking rear end in a top hat. He would mock people and provoke them (unless they're bigger than him) and wouldn't know when to shut his mouth. He was only fat, no muscle and though I'm not strong myself I'm sure I could've beaten him up when he was making offensive Polish jokes (my parents are from Poland), diss my friends or spout some sexist bullshit, but my boyfriend always cooled me down before something happened.
One of his rear end in a top hat-traits was that he was racist and xenophobic although he was an immigrant himself. He would pick most of the time on a Vietnamese friend which I'll call Lee (Bruce Lee was his god). Lee was really strong and athletic, he could do push-ups on one hand only using three fingers and his father taught him Kung Fu. If he wanted to he could have killed Kokoro with some straight blows, but he was too soft-hearted and tried to ignore most of his talk. Sometime later he would pay him back for the years of bullying though, but that's another story.

Soooo although Kokoro smelled of poo poo and was a giant rear end in a top hat most of the time he managed to find some girlfriends online who were desperate enough to make out with him. But since his younger sister or mother were always at home he couldn't take the girls home, so one time he persuaded my boyfriend which I'll call Kasumi for convenience (that was his character's name.. yes, he was playing a stupid, big breasted girl in the RPG) to let him and his girlfriend stay at his home. Please note that they were 15 years old by then.

The weekend came, Kasumi's mother was gone for a short trip, the gaming begins (of course mostly some Naruto game for the gamecube). All people at this gathering were Kasumi, Kokoro, his girlfriend and Martin (I don't remember his name, so this name's totally random). And as soon Kokoro arrived with his newest crush it's clear why they got together. She smelled as bad as poo poo as him, was fat and had extremely greasy hair and skin. Kasumi wished he'd knew sooner what kind of girl he'd let into his home, but now it was too late and everybody went downstairs to play some games.

After a while Kasumi and Martin went to the kitchen to make some food and went back to the gaming room after about 15 minutes. Suddenly they notice that it's dead quiet inside and there's only some rustling of clothes to hear.

:wiggle: Martin: Why's it so quiet in there?
:psyduck: Kasumi: ... Don't tell me they're..
:wiggle: : What? .......... Wait, what, really, they are? :smug:
:psyduck: : Yeah, I think so. He hasn't told me directly, but I think they came here to-

BAM! Martin kicked open the door, while holding the food and not dropping any of it and there were Kokoro and his girl both topless and holding up their tops to cover their boobs. Unfazed and grinning Martin brought in the food and placed it on the table and started the game console again. Kokoro and his stinky girlfriend ran out and said they would be eating later. Kasumi was a little worried that they might continue what they were doing in the living room but instead ate to block out this thoughts.

After a while Martin and Kasumi were done with eating and played Naruto. They started to wonder what Kokoro was doing now, it was nearly an hour since they left.

:wiggle: : Do you think they're at it again?
:psyduck: : I don't know, I don't want to think about it..
:wiggle: : Did he ask you if they could to this at your place?
:psyduck: : No, he just asked if he could bring along his girlfriend. He didn't tell me that she stinks like him and that they wanted to gently caress here!
:wiggle: : I see. Well.. so they can't really complain that they're not having any privacy. It's not like he told us what might happen today or prepared us in any way.
:psyduck: : Martin. No, don't-
:wiggle: : *already up and out the door, going upstairs to the living room*

Martin's stomping towards the living room, Kasumi following. Both listened for any movements behind the door, nothing to hear. The next instant the door's flung open and Martin jumped in expecting to surprise the lovebirds.. there's was nobody.

:wiggle: : Huh where are they?
:psyduck: : Don't know, doesn't seem like they're hiding.
:wiggle: : Let's look for them.
:psyduck: : Wait, I'm thinking about where they could be. My mom always locks her door when she leaves, the bathrooms were open and they're not in the kitchen... that means.. oh god..

There was only one room left where they could be, so Kasumi walked there - his own bedroom. He put his hand on the door handle, took a deep breath and slowly opened the door. His eyes saw it, but his brain took a little time to process it and then it hit him like a bus on the road:

There were two greasy, sweaty fatasses smelling like poo poo within his own bed all naked staring at him in shock.

:psyboom:

Kasumi didn't know if he should scream, cry or barf and only stood there silently for a few seconds. He could feel Martin spying over his shoulder giggling, but he didn't feel like laughing at all.

:cripes: : Go. Just put on your clothes and go. Now! *slams the door*

5 minutes Kokoro and his girlfriend said bye and left.
Kasumi told me later, it would all been half so bad if Kokoro told him what he planned and did it in the living room. But he couldn't stand that those two smelly asses hosed in his own bed and he wasn't even asked for permission. He changed the beddings but didn't sleep in there until his mother returned. The only reason why he slept in it again was that we didn't want his mother do ask why he weren't sleeping in his bed.

There should be many more stories about Kokoro and the other trainwrecks I met from the Naruto RPG site, but I would have to gather my thoughts and remember exactly what happened.

Sorry for the wall of text. I just realized it took me almost two hours to type all of this (or a little less, I was eating by the way).

CuddleCryptid
Jan 11, 2013

Things could be going better

The imagery that story produces is horrific. Thanks for sharing

I like Martin though, he gets poo poo done.

Excelsiortothemax
Sep 9, 2006
Please continue. I like your story style and it suits this thread. Also, all you other blue ballers need to finish your stories of crazy. Let's resurrect this thread!

Arashiofordo3
Nov 5, 2010

Warning, Internet
may prove lethal.
Yep, those two sound pretty awful. I'm sorry for your boyfriends bed. You probably would have been better off burning it.

That poo poo (smelling person) cray cray.

Serperoth
Feb 21, 2013

"Oh my bed just uh, caught on fire. No I didn't set it myself to cleanse it mom."
I like your story Intoner, it's good to see this thread still alive.

Oh, also:

Intoner posted:

He would pick most of the time on a Vietnamese friend which I'll call Lee (Bruce Lee was his god). Lee was really strong and athletic, he could do push-ups on one hand only using three fingers and his father taught him Kung Fu. If he wanted to he could have killed Kokoro with some straight blows, but he was too soft-hearted and tried to ignore most of his talk. Sometime later he would pay him back for the years of bullying though, but that's another story.

:justpost:

Rexides
Jul 25, 2011

Now that I know that he deserved whatever kung fu thing happened to him, I wanna hear that story too.

Intoner
Oct 3, 2014

It's great that you've enjoyed the story. Since the people demands it I'll tell of the time Lee paid Kokoro back for time in high school.

Many times I wondered why my ex Kasumi was even befriended with Kokoro, every time I've asked him why, he didn't have a good explanation. I could guess it was about solidarity, that anime freaks must stick together or some other incomprehensible poo poo. And Kokoro must have felt pretty cool about making fun of a guy who's many times stronger than him without being afraid of any consequences.

Lee wasn't a born entertainer, but the way he talked so enthusiastically about any topic as soon as he noticed you were interested was hilarious, especially the way he was overacting like in old Asian movies with all the slap stick comedy.
Besides Kokoro he was mobbed by some German dudes which I suppose were Nazi assholes. They picked on him just because he was Asian. And Lee would never react to it because he was afraid of being suspended if he beat up somebody.

So High School time came to an end and nothing had changed..

Fastforward to Kasumi's 21st Birthday. Many friends of his were invited and it had been a long time since we had seen Lee and it was overall a nice evening full of gaming and laughing - Kokoro being his grotty self could have been ignored most of the time.

Hours later Kokoro, Lee and a third friend of Kasumi left and took a few busses together. After a while the third guy needed to take another bus and Kokoro and Lee were all alone.
It was late at night and though it was rather bright because of the street lamps, there were nearly no people close. The rain poured down and both guys waited for their bus.

At that time Lee was even stronger than in high school as he was making a living as a semi-pro boxer - he would have to quit later as he was punching way too hard and his knuckles were pretty damaged because of it.

Lee : Yo Kokoro. Do you remember how much of an rear end you were in high school?
Kokoro : Huh, what do you mean?
L : All the racist poo poo you spouted and the times you'd provoke me for no reason because you knew I wouldn't beat up scum like you.
K : Huh. So what about it?
L : You never apologized for it! *slightly agitated*
K : You serious?
L : drat serious. We're not in school anymore, we're adults.. you should apologize for the poo poo you done, like a man.
K : As if.

Suddenly Lee grabbed Kokoro by the front of his jacket and pulled his rear end with him at full force. The fatty tried to struggle, but he had no chance and Lee brought them out in rain where nobody could see them. There he pushed him away from him.

:eek: : What the gently caress man, what's gotten into you?
:geno: : Apologize.
:rant: : Like hell I would.
:geno: : Apologize or I'm going to hit you. Really hard.
:ghost: : .... what...?
:geno: : I'm going to beat you up.
:newlol: : LOL (he literally said "lol", another terrible habit of his). You didn't hit me in high school, so I doubt you'd do it now. If you try I'm gonna press charges on assault-
:geno: : You won't be able to press charges when I kill you.
:ghost: : ................. w-w-wha-.......
:geno: : I'm going to kill you and hide you, so nobody will ever find you!

That was when Kokoro turned ghostly pale and stared in shock, as Lee spoke to him dead serious how he would kill him if he didn't apologize. Kokoro started to shake and tried to lighten the mood with a nervous laugh, but it was no use.

Lee was getting impatient and grasped Kokoro at his collar. In the next moment the latter felt a small gust of wind and Lee's fist smashed into the wall next to his head (no wonder he had to stop boxing sooner or later). His hand hurt like hell, the wall was undamaged, but it must have been loud enough to scare the poo poo out of Kokoro.
As soon Lee took a few steps away from him again, Kokoro teared up and was nearly crying.

:cry: : Okay, okay, I'll apologize, I'll apologize. I'm sorry.
:mad: : No, not like this! On your knees.
:cry: : I-I'm sorry..
:mad: : DOWN ON YOUR KNEES! OR I'LL loving KILL YOU!

And there he went down on his knees while the ground was sopping wet and the rain was pouring down on them. His voice cracked, he started to sob and tears trickled down his face together with the rain.

:cry: : I'M SORRYYY. I'M SO SORRY LEE. I'M REALLY, REALLY SORRY... I MEAN IT...

Lee let that sink in a little and he was satisfied with the apology. But then things got pretty strange.

Two police men were coming their way and stopped to take a quick look at the scene. There were two guys out in the rain, both on the smaller side, one Asian, the other Turk. The Turk was on his knees on the dirty, wet ground, the other stood a few steps away from him upright, both looking a little confused and surprised.
Then one police man went slowly towards Lee, reaching with his hand towards his shoulder, his face a little worried.

:cop: : Is everything alright here? Are you okay?

Obviously nothing was right for Kokoro but the police seemed to think the little Asian guy had been threatened by some evil Turk on his way home or something. Lee smiled and explained that everything was fine, Kokoro was getting back on his feet and confirmed that nothing happened, he just slipped and fell.

The police went on and Lee noticed that his bus was standing around the corner ready to depart. He turned to Kokoro, grinning and talking in his usual enthusiastic way.

:buddy: : Thanks, Kokoro. See you.

Then he ran to catch his bus and left Kokoro standing there.

Neurion
Jun 3, 2013

The musical fruit
The more you eat
The more you hoot

Intoner posted:

An awesome read.

This is a great story, but how did word of the encounter come back to you if only Lee and Kokoro were there? Rather, which one of them recounted the events to you/Kasumi?

ZepiaEltnamOberon
Oct 25, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
Probably Lee? I mean, if it was Kokoro, the story probably would have been much different given what's been said about the guy.

Intoner
Oct 3, 2014

That's right, Lee called Kasumi's home the next day and told us hilariously how he made rear end in a top hat Kokoro pay in extensive detail. It took him nearly two hours to tell everything, he was laughing most of the time. Considering he never told a single lie all the years we were already friends, I believed Lee.

At the next member meeting ( :rolleyes: ) Kokoro told the other naruto freaks fans about his "psycho friend" who threatened to kill him and those rear end in a top hat, racist police men :cop: that thought he was an evil bully Turk. He got on his knees, just to humour Lee... yeah right, Kokoro.
I asked him if he wasn't scared, his reply:

:smug: : N-no! No, not at all. After all, Lee isn't that strong. If I was serious, I could have overwhelmed him.

....Is that so, Kokoro? :allears:

Rexides
Jul 25, 2011

Is there a psychological condition that prevents people from apologising for rear end in a top hat behaviour unless threatened with murder? Even the biggest rear end in a top hat could at least fake an apology to the guy who is a loving semi-pro boxer.

By popular demand
Jul 17, 2007

IT *BZZT* WASP ME--
IT WASP ME ALL *BZZT* ALONG!

Sure, it's called solipsism.

Brother Entropy
Dec 27, 2009

Uh, in that story am I supposed to be empathizing with the person who threatens to murder someone late at night with no witnesses around because of some years-old teasing?

moerketid
Jul 3, 2012

I rate these fanfictions 0/10. I remember when this thread wasn't just a pure crossover of this one.

Nemesis Of Moles
Jul 25, 2007

That's the most stdh tvtropes.txt thing I've seen posted on sa, good lord.

Intoner
Oct 3, 2014

moerketid posted:

I rate these fanfictions 0/10. I remember when this thread wasn't just a pure crossover of this one.

Nemesis Of Moles posted:

That's the most stdh tvtropes.txt thing I've seen posted on sa, good lord.

Well you're free to choose if you want to believe, you're not the first that don't believe it.
Next time my ex Kasumi, Lee and I meet we'll have a good laugh about this :mmmhmm:
I guess a story needs furry action or some other disgusting stuff to be true these days :shrug:

I had another funny story about Lee, when we both were invited to a birthday of a girl from our school, but I'll better keep it to myself then.

I'll keep the thread anime-crazy exclusive then and only write about the narutards soon when I have time.

Samizdata
May 14, 2007

Intoner posted:

Well you're free to choose if you want to believe, you're not the first that don't believe it.
Next time my ex Kasumi, Lee and I meet we'll have a good laugh about this :mmmhmm:
I guess a story needs furry action or some other disgusting stuff to be true these days :shrug:

I had another funny story about Lee, when we both were invited to a birthday of a girl from our school, but I'll better keep it to myself then.

I'll keep the thread anime-crazy exclusive then and only write about the narutards soon when I have time.

I liked it. Please is to post more of Lee?

Excelsiortothemax
Sep 9, 2006
Yah screw the haters, just post!

Vorgen
Mar 5, 2006

Party Membership is a Democracy, The Weave is Not.

A fledgling vampire? How about a dragon, or some half-kobold druids? Perhaps a spontaneous sex change? Anything that can happen, will happen the results will be beyond entertaining.

Rexides posted:

Is there a psychological condition that prevents people from apologising for rear end in a top hat behaviour unless threatened with murder? Even the biggest rear end in a top hat could at least fake an apology to the guy who is a loving semi-pro boxer.

It's called being a oval office.

And there ain't no cure for being a oval office.

Sade
Aug 3, 2009

Can't touch this.
No really, you can't

Intoner posted:

Don't want to, like, quote a TV show at you here, but everybody lies. He never told you any lies you're aware of. Most likely this is one of them. Your admission that you didn't personally witness this happen is what calls the whole thing into question.

It's whatever though since this story is about stories from your crazy high school friends and this qualifies regardless of whether it's true or not. Making something like that up is just as much the kind of postworthy behavior as anything the other guy did.

also, I get that this kokoro person is weird and gross, but if one of my friends told me they threatened to murder someone for picking on them in high school I would go to the police and get a restraining order.

Sade fucked around with this message at 09:18 on Nov 13, 2014

Kobold eBooks
Mar 5, 2007

EVERY MORNING I WAKE UP AN OPEN PALM SLAM A CARTRIDGE IN THE SUPER FAMICOM. ITS E-ZEAO AND RIGHT THEN AND THERE I START DOING THE MOVES ALONGSIDE THE MAIN CHARACTER, CORPORAL FALCOM.
Yes surely let's have The 50 Foot Ant Conversation for the millionth time and derail an already-content-starved-questionably-honest thread with a goon's need to call someone out on their dirty, dirty lies.

Jesus christ, you people, might as well just lock these threads as soon as they come up if this is always going to happen(it is). Here's a short one for some content, try not to let your lovely posting derail it again so we can all have good times, shall we?

I was reminded of this thread recently when one of my roommate's coworkers expressed interest in playing D&D with our group for the first time, with his girlfriend along.

I then met said girlfriend, and while she seemed nice enough it quickly became apparant that she was, well, one of Those People. You know the type, 25 but still acts like they're in high school, loves to dress all black and in 'lolita' fashion, never stops talking about her favorite animes(whatever is popular and dumb at the time, this time it was One Piece!). I will say that she was perfectly tolerable in small doses, but well, then she came to visit our house because said coworker wanted to hang out and he's a cool guy, so why not? His girlfriend would do the typical stuff; talking about herself a bit too much, derailing every conversation to be about her interests if it wasn't already, shouting catchphrases from her usual shows, etc.

So I stepped away to go to my room, as some of my Mumble buddies wanted to play a game, excused myself and left. About half an hour later she asks if she can come in, I let her because I like to think I'm a fairly reasonable person.

The next two hours were her sitting on my bed, telling me her entire life story and rattling off how awful her life was, how everyone treated her awfully(she was living in her boyfriend's basement and his family wasn't happy about this), like she was a burden. She just opened up and let her life story flow out, a veritable tsunami of unwarranted negativity. I didn't really want to make her feel any more depressed than she already was, so I opped to humor her and listen while I played at my game, keeping conversation, trying my hardest to steer it to games or shows we liked in common, anything to lighten the mood but she wasn't having it.

Eventually she left, and from there proceeded to start a bunch of catty poo poo with my roommate, dropped out of D&D pretending to be sick because she didn't want to be in the same room as said roommate, and eventually broke up with coworker.

I suppose there's no moral here, but if I had to pull one, it's that you'll never get any satisfaction or closure for listening to someone ramble about their depressing poo poo.

Intoner
Oct 3, 2014

Since she was living in her boyfriends basement she shouldn't have too many opportunities to talk to people outside?
Or nobody else was interested and she was just glad that there was somebody that would listen her venting her frustration.

As there seem to be people who are still interested in stories about Lee, I'm thinking about making a new thread for them. I don't want to derail this thread any further with non-anime stuff.
I just talked to Kasumi earlier and we remembered many stories and quotes, so there would be surely enough content for a new thread.

But here comes the anime-crazy!

Sasuke is DEAD?!

Here's one of my experiences at the Naruto RPG member meets.

I'll be honest, the only reason I accepted to go with my ex Kasumi to the member meeting was to watch a freak show. And I shouldn't be dissapointed.

It was in Spring some years ago and the meeting should take place at the train central station of my city. I've always wondered why most of the meets were waaay up in the North of Germany and not in Berlin, as there was the hatchery of those freakazoids. I guess Hamburg's just super cool? No idea.

Some people which never been to the city were confused where exactly to meet up, so it was decided to meet at the comic store in the north hall. And if that wasn't accurate enough, just look for Red!
Red was a black haired dude dressed in solely bright red clothes, from head to toe. Even his underwear was red (he opened his pants right there in public). Obviously red was his favorite color, he loved fire and had a crush on the fire girl from Shakugan no Shana. He was surely a strange sight, but you couldn't miss him, so he made a great meeting point.

Kasumi and I were pretty early and sat in the nearest Mc Donalds from which you had a good view over the tracks and incoming trains. After a while there came the first members. I hadn't met them before, but I instantly knew they were narutards as soon as I saw them.
They were wearing those ninja headbands with the metal plate on the front or black coats with red clouds stitched or stuck on it and as soon they left the trains they made group pictures with finger signs and similar embarassing posing. There was also a girl with those infamous cat ears and many anime shirts were to be found.

Around 12 people arrived and we joined them at the Red meeting point. Everybody gave a short introduction about themselves, telling us the name of their character and special skills. I went along with it and we all had a nice chat. The group wandered through the big halls of the train station and we steered in direction of the shopping arcade.

Some guy next to me suddenly told us that most of the girls were crazy Sasuke fans. That much was to be expected, anime girls love emo boys with hollow gazes. He wanted to show us how crazy those girls were (oh no..) and he asked loudly within the group if they read the last Naruto chapter online. The answers were that they only read the one last week and omg the next chapter was already out?! Suddenly those nerds were excited.
One of them inquired: "Don't tell me you've read it already?"

"Yeah, I sure did. And! Sasuke dies!"

Silence.
You could hear it from the tone of his voice, that it was a joke, but a few of the girls froze and stared at him. The guys, Kasumi and I giggled at their reaction.

Then one of the fan girls that I'll call Sakura whispered.
"You're lying."

The guy couldn't tried to surpress his laughter and insisted it was true.

"YOU'RE LYING!"

People were turning heads, some of our group looked in shock.

"You must be lying, Sasuke can't be dead, he just can't.. he still has to take revenge for his family.." and then a little sob was to be heard. Sakura supressed her tears, but her underlip was shaking terribly. Another fan girls came to rescue and hugged her while saying "comforting" words as:
"He wouldn't want you to be sad for him."
"I'm sure Naruto will avenge him."
"Maybe he's not really dead and just faking it."

I couldn't believe those girls, were they really mourning the death of some anime guy like they lost the love of their lifes?
I guess he really IS the love of their lifes...

Kasumi felt bad for those girls and nudged the guy to tell the truth.
As soon as he came clean the girls were sooo relieved and they hugged each other again.
Only Sakura was pretty mad and punched his shoulder while she murmered how he could do this to her.

After this there wasn't anything memorable and Kasumi and I left an hour later or so.

monsteroftheweek
Oct 9, 2012
It's good to see this thread getting posts again.

I definately want to hear more about Cinderella, especially through the drawings. Drawings make these stories somehow weirder/funnier!

Samizdata
May 14, 2007
I'll confess, I got a smile on my face when I saw the new posts indicator.

Rondette
Nov 4, 2009

Your friendly neighbourhood Postie.

Grimey Drawer

Intoner posted:

New madness

Samizdata posted:

I'll confess, I got a smile on my face when I saw the new posts indicator.

Me too!

Thanks Intoner for reviving the thread. I wouldn't worry about starting a new thread, the stories are great (gently caress the haters and all that)

codo27
Apr 21, 2008

I spent the entire god drat afternoon at work scanning and reading OP's posts to pg 125 and got home and finished. Also stumbled across the mention of FF7 house which I'd never heard of and read about that too. I felt cold when I got up from my desk, I thought the window was another screen when I looked out.
I'd just like to say that I'd love to kill everyone in the story (except noodles and kat) as well as that FF7 one. I've had a princes life compared to a lot here especially OP although I've had my struggles and battles. Stuff like being abandoned by parents and homelessness and starving, its just absolutely mind boggling to me. The thought of going through all that and then having to deal with impossibly selfish and destructive people like that, at one point I wanted to scream while reading.

uglynoodles
May 28, 2009

Thanks for doing it, though.
It's really strange because a lot more stupidity has happened to me, but this is the abridged version! I guess because it's my life, I've sort of normalised it, and to some extent feel like "well it's just normal, everyone goes through this." Like consciously I know that's not true, but yeah I guess I'm numb to a lot of it now. I run into things quite frequently where I find my brain has actually selectively deleted much of 2003-2008, when I was going through a lot of the tougher poo poo like homelessness etc.

My life is immeasurably better and fuller now. Typing this thread up has helped me exorcise a lot of my bullshit past, just sharing it with everyone has been really therapeutic. Responses of outrage like yours sincerely do help me put this crap to bed. Being told that shut wasn't normal and it's OK to be messed up by it is really helpful.

I'm glad my relating of my life has helped me, others, and given a few laughs to people along the way. I've received messages from people saying that this thread made them reexamine some stuff in their own life and understand it better.

Thanks all, for laughing, for screaming, for everything. :)

Arashiofordo3
Nov 5, 2010

Warning, Internet
may prove lethal.
It's been an interesting read Uglynoodles. And having this space for others to vent their own experiences with crazy has helped a lot of people. I know JohnOfOrdo3 found it pretty good to get some of his experiences off of his chest. So thank you Uglynoodles. I hope that your life is in a better less mad place now.

ManicMarmot
May 25, 2014
I just read this thread through and drat, all my oddball acquaintances seem tame when compared with Denise, Henriette and the rest. :stare:

But I do have some stories about the more...peculiar people I've come across, so I'll add in my two cents as well. For some info, all of these events happened in a country in northern Europe (so naturally, English isn't my first language: I apologize for any mistakes in advance) in the early 2000's, so all the names are made up to cover the identities of the people in question.

Foreword: Sarah, the Sonic-obsessed Catgirl

I met Sarah in elementary school - we weren't instant buddies, but when my circle of friends slowly dwindled and crumbled because of school transfers and families moving to other cities (the town I lived in was in the bum-end of nowhere), I slowly gravitated towards Sarah, mainly because she didn't have any other friends than her brother. She was nice, if a bit naive girl, and 100% loyal to her parents to the point she wasn't able to say 'no' to them. We began to hang out in the 4th grade: Sarah had yet to discover anime, but she was already a major fan of Sonic. I was more of a Mario-fan, but liked Sonic well enough, and more often than not, we would spend afternoons at her place and play SEGA rather than play outside. I didn't take much notice on how much Sarah enjoyed the games - we were both kids, and having grown up with an older brother who also enjoyed video games, playing outdoors was almost a foreign concept to me.

The first noticeable thing was her art - she drew nothing but stuff about Sonic. I asked her about it: She said that her mother was very strict (more on this later), and didn't allow her to play any other video games, so she basically had no other ways to learn to draw, since she preferred to draw with the aid of a model.

Now, things went on like that for a couple of years. Then, Sarah found anime and comics.

She started to show up to school in cat-ears, striped leggings, furred legwarmers and would stick those glued-on rhinestones onto her face. Ok, seeing that my own style wasn't quite mainstream, I saw myself in no position to judge and just went on with it, because, why not? She liked Sailor Moon and WITCH (which, I think, wasn't Japanese, but certainly had all the anime and manga tropes), and she grew her hair out so that she could have the same hairdo like the main character in SM. A fine and noble goal, but...personal hygiene wasn't really her thing. (seriously, what's up with otakus and showers?) Despite the fact that at that point we were both hormone-addled teenagers, she never showed any romantic interest in anyone.

Sonic and the Rule 34

Then, when I was at her house one day, I began to flip though her drawings in boredom when her mother called her downstairs from one reason or another - with permission, of course. In her own words, her art was 'okay', and she wasn't bothered if I eyed it since I had seen pretty much most of it already - she brought her art notebooks to school as well.

I do not know, why that one notebook was there, plainly on the table, given that her mother had made her opinion on boys very-well known - I shudder to think that she had been drawing on it before I came over, and had merely forgotten it there, since she was pretty scatterbrained. I opened it.

:stonk:

The very first thing I saw was Sonic, accompanied by an anthropomorphic lady-cat. The second thing I saw was...bits that Sonic had certainly never had in the games. There was no actual triple-x material, apart from the hedgehog-boner that burned itself to my retinas that day.

I shut the notebook, put it back to its original place, and never spoke of it to Sarah.

"My mom burned all my comics because she thinks they are evil"

Sarah's parents divorced when we were at the 8th grade. This seemed to knock her mother's sanity more than a little out of the alignment. At that point, I had made a couple more friends, and thus wasn't spending my time with her 24/7, though I still enjoyed her company.

So, one day when we were at her place, I happened to glance around her room: Normally, Sarah's room look like a hurricane had swept through it before uprooting a comic stand, but now it was clean. I thought she had merely cleaned the day before, and went to her bookshelf to pick myself a WITCH - comic. I liked the serie and had collected some of the comics and tie-in books, though not with such an extent that Sarah had. Instead, I found nothing.

:) Sarah?
:sparkles: Yeah?
:) Where are your WITCHes? They aren't here.
:sparkles: Oh....

She looked horribly crestfallen.

:sparkles: I don't have them anymore...
:) What?
:sparkles: My mother burned them...she said that they weren't good for me because they had witchcraft in them.
:) :stare:

It turned out that her mother had some sort of a meltdown after the divorce and had become a raving fundie. She had always been a bit religious, which was the reason she hadn't let Sarah play any 'violent' or 'crude' video games, but it certainly hadn't influenced her more than that. Now, though...

I can't remember the exact order anymore, but the things that made into her 'sinful' list were: Boys, comics, all videogames (which meant she wasn't even allowed to play Sonic), candy, earrings and television. When I thought that it can't become any worse, Sarah told me that her mother had apparently had a psychotic episode one night where she had woken Sarah and forced her to drink two glasses of saltwater, because it would prevent her from being possessed by demons.

Needless to say, her mother was committed to an mental ward a few months later, and her father got a full custody of Sarah and her brother.

I will probably post more later. To give some idea of the people I've met (mostly through school and WoW), here's some highlights:

Jack, the high-school Otaku who attended a cosplay in a sheet and cardboard

Charles, who jacked off to anime and wrote incest-fanfiction...about him and his sister

e: Corrected a few typos that kept annoying me.

ManicMarmot fucked around with this message at 21:42 on Nov 27, 2014

Fatkraken
Jun 23, 2005

Fun-time is over.
this is the thread that keeps on giving

Rexides
Jul 25, 2011

ManicMarmot posted:

I can't remember the exact order anymore, but the things that made into her 'sinful' list were: [...] candy

Kill all fundies.

girl dick energy
Sep 30, 2009

You think you have the wherewithal to figure out my puzzle vagina?

ManicMarmot posted:

Charles, who jacked off to anime
:munch: Interesting, but nothing ne-

quote:

and wrote incest-fanfiction...about him and his sister
:suspense:

I'm going to go slam my head in a car door until that image gets out of my brain.

girl dick energy fucked around with this message at 19:53 on Nov 28, 2014

Baronjutter
Dec 31, 2007

"Tiny Trains"

Did Sarah turn out ok once her dad got custody?

icantfindaname
Jul 1, 2008

So what's everyone's favorite anime?

ManicMarmot
May 25, 2014

Baronjutter posted:

Did Sarah turn out ok once her dad got custody?

It depends on your meaning of 'ok'. Sarah didn't stop being a die-hard anime fan, but seeing how messed up she might have become because of having to stay at her mom's, she survived her mother's breakdown relatively unharmed - after all, she was old and perceptive enough to realize that her mother wasn't well, and thus ignored her fits when she could instead of bending into her demands and adapting the same worldview.

Sarah's father was a metric ton more laid back, perhaps to the point that he was neglecting Sarah and her brother once he got the custody of them. He had remarried and his new wife was pregnant at the time the two moved in, and he was (probably) trying to leave his past behind him: Of course, this is only how I saw it, but I think he didn't like the situation at all, and was a bit peeved that his older kids were 'thrust' upon him because of the things being what they were.

If Sarah thought anything of it, she didn't show it. After junior high, we both went our separate ways - I stayed behind and her family moved away because her father had got a job offer elsewhere and their house had become too small for three children. We stayed in contact for a few years after that, and the last I heard of her, she had a more or less normal wardrobe, but read and watched nothing but manga and anime.

girl dick energy
Sep 30, 2009

You think you have the wherewithal to figure out my puzzle vagina?

ManicMarmot posted:

the last I heard of her, she had a more or less normal wardrobe, but read and watched nothing but manga and anime.
There's a 'closet' joke in there somewhere.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

WickedHate
Aug 1, 2013

by Lowtax
Nothing about Sarah seems all that weird. She drew Sonic the Hedgehog porn, but that's not really that unusual on the internet in this age. Certainly uncomfortable to find randomly, though. Otherwise I just feel really sad for her and happy she got past her mother relatively unscathed.

• Locked thread