Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
rms
May 14, 2008

Computer illiterate

Took one of this, thanks.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

S.D.
Apr 28, 2008

Schlesische posted:

I picked up Metro 2033, and only just remembered to put it up here.
https://www.humblebundle.com/gift?key=WUKHmbGDdzynZyYA

Wow, actually got this one. Thanks!

Tippis
Mar 21, 2008

It's yet another day in the wasteland.

SynthOrange posted:

What's with Insurgency? Is it supposed to be good or are they just throwing keys out of a truck?

They're essentially doing the F2P model correctly. It's an MP game, and the lifeblood is having lots of players playing it. If some of those play for free, who cares, because their being there means others will want to get in too, and will pay money for it.

The more people play it, and the more people have paid for it, the more will go “oh, hey, a new game from X — I remember those from Y, where I had a blast… I'm going to try it out”, thereby converting free players to paying ones in the future.

Tippis fucked around with this message at 13:34 on Nov 12, 2014

Palpek
Dec 27, 2008

Do you feel it, Zach?
My coffee warned me about it.

Borderlands 2: YNBDZ-7GWVP-EE4DV

mcbexx
Jul 4, 2004

British dentistry is
not on trial here!

This is my Insurgency experience:

1. Wait what's going on here? That's a lot of customiazation options for my loadout, oh my. Looks pretty though and movement feels refined. Scopes are done right.
2. Running around on a map not knowing where to go, 40 seconds later we win the round without me seeing a single enemy.
3. See 2.
4. Trying to sneak towards the objective. Grazing a teammate because there's no team marker and I don't know what enemies look like (see 2.). Got killed in 0.02 seconds by someone I didn't even see.
5. See 2.
6. See 4. without a friendy fire incident
7. Quitting the game, shelving it for "some other time"

I guess I'm more of a Battlefield kind of guy.

ymgve
Jan 2, 2004

:dukedog:
Offensive Clock

meatsaw posted:

Got this one, I think. Thank you! Are these links only good once, or can you put more 1 copy in one?

Each link can be used three times

Andrast
Apr 21, 2010

Palpek posted:

Borderlands 2: YNBDZ-7GWVP-EE4DV

I took this. Thanks!

Lemon-Lime
Aug 6, 2009

mcbexx posted:

2. Running around

That's your problem right there. Insurgency is at a weird half-point between ArmA and CoD: you die in one or two shots, respawn in waves of which there are a limited amount, and have very limited information given to you about what's going on, but it's played on small, tight urban maps that lead to intense short-range firefights.

You need to go slowly, go prone/use cover/use smoke grenades when you find open space, and always check your corners. If you run around, you'll just get shot without knowing where the enemy was.

Lex Averial
May 12, 2004

Swans. You know, birds.
More Insurgency: https://www.humblebundle.com/?gift=2wZrPcf4PYVAxZTr

funkmeister
Feb 20, 2010

About your father. If it's any help, he's in the ground now. Sure, it's bad news for him. But on the other hand, it's party time for all those little worms.

Thanks!

Palpek
Dec 27, 2008

Do you feel it, Zach?

mcbexx posted:

This is my Insurgency experience:

1. Wait what's going on here? That's a lot of customiazation options for my loadout, oh my. Looks pretty though and movement feels refined. Scopes are done right.
2. Running around on a map not knowing where to go, 40 seconds later we win the round without me seeing a single enemy.
3. See 2.
4. Trying to sneak towards the objective. Grazing a teammate because there's no team marker and I don't know what enemies look like (see 2.). Got killed in 0.02 seconds by someone I didn't even see.
5. See 2.
6. See 4. without a friendy fire incident
7. Quitting the game, shelving it for "some other time"

I guess I'm more of a Battlefield kind of guy.
If you're expecting to get the hang of a Counter-Strike-like game in a couple of rounds instead of a week+ (with additional weeks before you stop being the last on the list) then I don't know what to tell you. Yeah better stick to those other games.

AgentKaz
Oct 26, 2012
One free Insurgency.

https://www.humblebundle.com/?gift=e2bB6WtvHPKZkcAT

Stabbey_the_Clown
Sep 21, 2002

Are... are you quite sure you really want to say that?
Taco Defender
Tell me about Enslaved: Odyssey to the West. It looks like some kind of beat-em-up/Prince of Persia thing, but is it any good? How long is it (worth $5.50)? Does it control well with mouse and keyboard?

Kortel
Jan 7, 2008

Nothing to see here.

Stabbey_the_Clown posted:

Tell me about Enslaved: Odyssey to the West. It looks like some kind of beat-em-up/Prince of Persia thing, but is it any good? How long is it (worth $5.50)? Does it control well with mouse and keyboard?

About six to seven hours. Half decent combat system. Worth the 5 bucks.

Testekill
Nov 1, 2012

I demand to be taken seriously

:aronrex:

Stabbey_the_Clown posted:

Well, it's a very pretty game to look at. Gameplay wise it's just another Ninja Theory game that is as shallow as a kiddie pool.

Saoshyant
Oct 26, 2010

:hmmorks: :orks:

Apparently, and this isn't confirmed by anyone outside GiantBomb, AC Unity was sent to reviewers with all the microtransaction stuff disabled so they wouldn't know about it nor rate the game based on it. If true, that would be a clever way to keep the public in the dark about the additional bullshit they will have to pay on top of the overpriced videogame they already bought. And by clever, I mean disgusting.

Dr Sun Try
May 23, 2009

Plaster Town Cop

Saoshyant posted:

Apparently, and this isn't confirmed by anyone outside GiantBomb, AC Unity was sent to reviewers with all the microtransaction stuff disabled so they wouldn't know about it nor rate the game based on it. If true, that would be a clever way to keep the public in the dark about the additional bullshit they will have to pay on top of the overpriced videogame they already bought. And by clever, I mean disgusting.

That would make sense if Ubisoft wanted to get positive reviews for pre-orders, but AC:U had a post-launch embargo... Ubisoft really didn't think this through...

Wiggly Wayne DDS
Sep 11, 2010

Saoshyant posted:

Not really the microtransaction stuff was in the game but the server that'd show pricing wasn't available.

Kyrosiris
May 24, 2006

You try to be happy when everyone is summoning you everywhere to "be their friend".

Thanks for posting that; that sounds profoundly uninteresting and I'm glad you did before I clicked someone's key. Saves it for someone who'd be interested.

Dr Suntory posted:

That would make sense if Ubisoft wanted to get positive reviews for pre-orders, but AC:U had a post-launch embargo... Ubisoft really didn't think this through...

If Ubisoft thought things through, would they be Ubisoft at all?

Tezzeract
Dec 25, 2007

Think I took a wrong turn...

Saoshyant posted:

So you're saying its possible (to turn off the microtransactions)

haunted bong posted:

My review after about 8ish hours into the game:

The pros:
-The new parkour mechanics are pretty good, and when you get a great head of steam going, you can traverse the environment rather quickly.
-The combat seems to be improved, with more emphasis on timing and utilizing your consumables, versus previous games' "Press butan 2 win" mode.
-The graphics are amazing, and the amount of tiny details is pretty great.
-I like the way you can customize how Arno looks, from hood to boots.
-They actually made Assassination missions the way they always wanted them to be, but never did, because "lol gently caress you" or whatever their reasoning was.

The cons:
-Stealth seems hella broken. When you're just using the crouch button, it works decently, but the cover system is hosed. I've had to restart a particularly painful late-sequence 4 mission numerous times because Arno wanted to slide across the room to hide in plain sight.
-The framerate is hitchy as gently caress, especially when it's in places that don't seem like it should be(Going based on similar lighting details/poly counts from other PS4 games), and also gently caress the Church of Holy Single Frame Rates, I thought it was going to hardlock my PS4.
-More missions need the "sandbox, approach your own way" thing they hyped up for the Assassination missions. There are still instant-fail Tail missions in the year of our lord 2014.
-Story is dumb garbage for babies, but that's par for the course.
-British accents, in Paris? lmao.
-Microtransactions.

Final review: 7/10. If you're a fan of the series, definitely give it a shot, but don't think you need to buy it RIGHT AWAY HOLY gently caress

People have been making the new AC sound like the worst game ever, but as usual its the game reviewers trolling consumers with unreliable ratings. If you like AC, you'll probably enjoy this game.

Tezzeract fucked around with this message at 15:05 on Nov 12, 2014

PrinnySquadron
Dec 8, 2009

Grabbed one, thanks!

Terminally Bored
Oct 31, 2011

Twenty-five dollars and a six pack to my name

Tezzeract posted:

So you're saying its possible (to turn off the microtransactions)

People have been making the new AC sound like the worst game ever, but as usual its the game reviewers trolling consumers with unreliable ratings. If you like AC, you'll probably enjoy this game.

Yep, if someone's trolling the consumers it's definitely the reviewers, not the stupid corporations who stuff their regurgitatedfranchised games with f2p poo poo.

Southy
Nov 18, 2012
Risk https://humblebundle.com/s?gift=R3XGcNKaydDbZPUv

of https://humblebundle.com/s?gift=wFNAeqBKuYKXcZcV

Rain https://humblebundle.com/s?gift=cKzNtzV7XkMPUsxS

SLUM KING
Nov 16, 2011

Please take my Insurgency. https://www.humblebundle.com/?gift=P2vtaXTwsUtZaMz8

revdrkevind
Dec 15, 2013
ASK:lol: ME:lol: ABOUT:lol: MY :lol:TINY :lol:DICK

also my opinion on :females:
:haw::flaccid: :haw: :flaccid: :haw: :flaccid::haw:

Saoshyant posted:

Next up: Only enough of the game is coded so developers can't finish it in one day, the only people who get to review the game only get one day of hands-on, gamers are surprised to learn the game stops just after that point with a paywall.

Taken.

Palpek
Dec 27, 2008

Do you feel it, Zach?

drat, the idea to unlock a game in the bundle if you give away a copy of your other game is really smart.

Accordion Man
Nov 7, 2012

Buglord
Hey, just for you all who don't know GOG is having another big flash sale. Got some good deals going right now.

Tippis
Mar 21, 2008

Palpek posted:

drat, the idea to unlock a game in the bundle if you give away a copy of your other game is really smart.

I haven't even looked, are they from the same publisher?

Downs Duck
Nov 19, 2005
"It's only after we've lost everything that we're free do to anything"

Accordion Man posted:

Hey, just for you all who don't know GOG is having another big flash sale. Got some good deals going right now.

And they have Mount & Blade for free for 48 hours.

Tezzeract
Dec 25, 2007

Think I took a wrong turn...

Mmmm, Witcher: the board game

Downs Duck
Nov 19, 2005
Also, seems like they have something related to Steam sale's voting system; instead of getting a card for every 3 vote, they have something called stamps. By checking in every day for 7 days you get Witcher 2 and some movie for free. I love Steam, but find it really enjoyable that GOG seems hellbent on becoming a real competitor. Wonder how they'll pull off the Galaxy thing as well.

Mokinokaro
Sep 11, 2001

At the end of everything, hold onto anything

Fun Shoe

Downs Duck posted:

And they have Mount & Blade for free for 48 hours.

Got a direct link? Not showing up here.

Downs Duck
Nov 19, 2005

Mokinokaro posted:

Got a direct link? Not showing up here.

Nope, but if you scroll down the main page it says "FREE GAME: A SPECIAL GIFT FOR EVERYONE" and you have a button you have to click. Directly under the upper most flash deals.

EDIT: Perhaps it doesn't show up if you own it on GOG already?

Croccers
Jun 15, 2012
Insurgency also has Co-op terrorist hunt modes too.
Personally I like the Checkpoint one over just straight wave-survival.

Papercut
Aug 24, 2005
:lol: The tone of the cut scene after the first tutorial battle in Valkyria Chronicles is so hilariously out of place. We've just witnessed two parents and their young child brutally murdered, and had to kill several people ourselves. Then the next scene is,

"Oh I brought you this bread, hope you like it *teeheehee*"
"Maaartha, would you please stop calling me Welkies"

Tippis
Mar 21, 2008

Downs Duck posted:

Also, seems like they have something related to Steam sale's voting system; instead of getting a card for every 3 vote, they have something called stamps. By checking in every day for 7 days you get Witcher 2 and some movie for free. I love Steam, but find it really enjoyable that GOG seems hellbent on becoming a real competitor. Wonder how they'll pull off the Galaxy thing as well.

As a (very) slight opposing opinion, they need to get their store messaging in order though.

Scrolling down a bit, I see a big “Preorder Witcher III” banner, offering a 10% discount with no mention of the final price. Just below it is a regular game listing box, offering the same preorder at a 17% discount (final price €50). Clicking on either leads me to a promotional page, where it is listed as a 22% discount (final price €46.79), plus a €6.30 store credit — effective final price €40.49.

One would think it wouldn't be hard to list the same price everywhere. :classiclol:

house of the dad
Jul 4, 2005

Papercut posted:

:lol: The tone of the cut scene after the first tutorial battle in Valkyria Chronicles is so hilariously out of place. We've just witnessed two parents and their young child brutally murdered, and had to kill several people ourselves. Then the next scene is,

Yeah, along with your characters doing little fist pumps and going "yes!!" after mowing down enemy soldiers. World War 2 seems like a lot more fun than I thought it would be based on the history books.

Dave Angel
Sep 8, 2004

Downs Duck posted:

Nope, but if you scroll down the main page it says "FREE GAME: A SPECIAL GIFT FOR EVERYONE" and you have a button you have to click. Directly under the upper most flash deals.

EDIT: Perhaps it doesn't show up if you own it on GOG already?

Series has just been released on GOG, don't think it's possible to already own it.

SelenicMartian
Sep 14, 2013

Sometimes it's not the bomb that's retarded.

Papercut posted:

That's nothing. The sequel is set in a high school/military academy and prominently features exams, homework and accidental groping... while the enemies led by ubersoldaten in power armour enact ethnic cleansing.

By the way, is it possible to replay every mission in VC1, or do they get permanently locked, like the main missions of VC2?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sivek
Nov 12, 2012

gigawhite posted:

Yeah, along with your characters doing little fist pumps and going "yes!!" after mowing down enemy soldiers. World War 2 seems like a lot more fun than I thought it would be based on the history books.

PTSD is never going to be an issue when your reaction to filling some mook with holes from point-blank range is :kheldragar:.

• Locked thread