Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Dr. Arbitrary
Mar 15, 2006

Bleak Gremlin

Cream-of-Plenty posted:

What the hell does spaghetti falling out pockets mean? I know it's not a literal thing because I checked and nope Jack is barely even Italian, let alone somebody who carries pasta in his pants.

It's a reference to some dumb 4chan thing.
http://knowyourmeme.com/memes/spaghetti-stories

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

mycot
Oct 23, 2014

"It's okay. There are other Terminators! Just give us this one!"
Hell Gem

CJacobs posted:

I am upset that I was wrong about the last skill in the digi-Jack tree allowing you to kill your own digi-Jacks to intentionally blow them up and trigger other skills but I guess what we ended up getting is close enough.
Jack having an entire ability about shooting people in the back would have been the most awkwardly funny thing.

Kaubocks
Apr 13, 2011

WHY DOES EVERY GLADIATOR CLASS MOD HAVE OMEGA-SENSHU ON IT

Speedball
Apr 15, 2008

I'm still working towards it, but what DOES Inspire do?

Nea
Feb 28, 2014

Funny Little Guy Aficionado.
Nothing. All it does is give him more inspirational quotes to say.

Speedball
Apr 15, 2008

The skill that makes Jack get a free grenade every four kills looks pretty interesting. The thing that regenerates Digi-Jacks health (and yours) probably dovetails really well with the skills that make Jacks do more damage the longer they're alive.

SunAndSpring
Dec 4, 2013

Cream-of-Plenty posted:

What the hell does spaghetti falling out pockets mean? I know it's not a literal thing because I checked and nope Jack is barely even Italian, let alone somebody who carries pasta in his pants.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SW-BU6keEUw

Dr.Smasher
Nov 27, 2002

Cyberpunk 1987

Speedball posted:

I'm still working towards it, but what DOES Inspire do?

Jack will say something inspirational every few minutes. It's neat for a while, but I might respec from the Inspiring build.

Speedball
Apr 15, 2008

Money Is Power maxes out at +249~ percent damage. Nice. I don't know if you can make it as ludicrous as a maxed-out Gaige on high Anarchy, but unlike Anarchy your shots don't miss half the time.

FAUXTON
Jun 2, 2005

spero che tu stia bene

Speedball posted:

Money Is Power maxes out at +249~ percent damage. Nice. I don't know if you can make it as ludicrous as a maxed-out Gaige on high Anarchy, but unlike Anarchy your shots don't miss half the time.

I never had a problem with shotguns when it came to Anarchy.

Bloody Hedgehog
Dec 12, 2003

💥💥🤯💥💥
Gotta nuke something
Jesus, Jacks wrist lasers are crazy. Plink away at a boss with your guns, bit by bit? Nah, wrist lasers activate, boss melts immediately.

Trudis
Mar 23, 2008

This is the Dawning of the Age of Hilarious
Any word on when the Baroness is going to be released? The lady and I have already gone through the original characters and I'm excited to play as Jack but we're waiting until Aurelia is out.

mycot
Oct 23, 2014

Hell Gem

CJacobs posted:

"He's got big dreams! And I've... got student loans."
The delivery of that is great since you can hear the awkward forced smile. Jack's voice actor has this genius when it comes to super casual dialogue.

Aurora
Jan 7, 2008

Has there even been any news on Tales from the Borderlands lately? They said they wanted to release in November but there hasn't really been any news.

mycot
Oct 23, 2014

Hell Gem

Aurora posted:

Has there even been any news on Tales from the Borderlands lately? They said they wanted to release in November but there hasn't really been any news.

I think that's a Telltale thing. Didn't the first episode of Wolf Among Us release with zero fanfare? The last stream had a short trailer with Patrick Warburton at least. edit: Here it is, at 1:29:00.

mycot fucked around with this message at 09:16 on Nov 12, 2014

DONKEY SALAMI
Jun 28, 2008

donkey? donkey?

Played as nisha and got excalibastard about lrvel 40. Now playing as Wilhelm and was curious and checked. Picked up at level 15.

Looks like can get for any playthrough once you get the 2500 points

Playing on Xbox using same log in

CJacobs
Apr 17, 2011

Reach for the moon!
Your badass rank carries over across your whole profile, so really you could go pick it up at any time as soon as you have access to Stanton's Liver, since it's always leveled appropriately for you when it drops from the stone.

Jusupov
May 24, 2007
only text
The nerf to melee athena is the worst. I get it that they had to reduce the roid damage in the shields a bit, but now they are like 6% of the original damage.

Fauxtool
Oct 21, 2008

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Jusupov posted:

The nerf to melee athena is the worst. I get it that they had to reduce the roid damage in the shields a bit, but now they are like 6% of the original damage.

Why balance anything at all in a game without pvp or leader boards?

Artificial Idiocy
Jul 11, 2008
It was trivializing the entire game. You could literally chain 1-shot every enemy in every encounter, and 2-3 shot bosses. Once you get a legendary roid shield with Athena, you can't go back to guns and your gameplay consists of waiting for your shield to go down, pinging the occasional shot to keep the melee damage buff up, then just rampage insta-kill charge attacks.

Genocyber
Jun 4, 2012

Artificial Idiocy posted:

It was trivializing the entire game. You could literally chain 1-shot every enemy in every encounter, and 2-3 shot bosses. Once you get a legendary roid shield with Athena, you can't go back to guns and your gameplay consists of waiting for your shield to go down, pinging the occasional shot to keep the melee damage buff up, then just rampage insta-kill charge attacks.

Then don't use it. It's a single player/co-op game so you're never going to be affected by it if you don't want to. For those that don't give a poo poo about their retarded raid bosses, it was quite nice.

Basebf555
Feb 29, 2008

The greatest sensual pleasure there is is to know the desires of another!

Fun Shoe
Does Flameknuckle always drop a Nukem in TVHM? I've heard a few people say they got a Nukem off him and then I started TVHM and sure enough, he drops the Nukem. I was just wondering if maybe they were throwing us a bone with an easy legendary right at the beginning of TVHM.

Artificial Idiocy
Jul 11, 2008

Genocyber posted:

Then don't use it. It's a single player/co-op game so you're never going to be affected by it if you don't want to. For those that don't give a poo poo about their retarded raid bosses, it was quite nice.

I was using it too, but I'm sort of relieved I can go back to using guns again without feeling like I was doing something far weaker than I could be.

I mean, if they accidentally put a gun in the game that just insta-killed everything with 1 hit, would we argue they should leave it in because it can be a single player game so it's up to the player if they don't want to use it?

I get your point, and the player obviously has the option not to use it, but it was clearly imbalanced so I don't think it was a mistake to nerf it. Also, this opens up the option to still use a melee/Xiphos build but without being completely overpowered.

Genocyber
Jun 4, 2012

Artificial Idiocy posted:

I mean, if they accidentally put a gun in the game that just insta-killed everything with 1 hit, would we argue they should leave it in because it can be a single player game so it's up to the player if they don't want to use it?

It's called the Norfleet and yes.

And melee w/o being OP was always an option, because it was only the Shooting Star and Avalanche that had absurd roid bonuses.

Tezzeract
Dec 25, 2007

Think I took a wrong turn...
Holy smokes, you can grind purples to get legendaries now!!! You can't moonstone guarantee it though.

Basebf555
Feb 29, 2008

The greatest sensual pleasure there is is to know the desires of another!

Fun Shoe

Tezzeract posted:

Holy smokes, you can grind purples to get legendaries now!!! You can't moonstone guarantee it though.

Really? I got like 6 purples in the final lootsplosion and the grinder wouldn't let me use them. They definitely weren't from the golden key chest either. Was this added in a patch in the past day or two?

wdarkk
Oct 26, 2007

Friends: Protected
World: Saved
Crablettes: Eaten

Basebf555 posted:

Really? I got like 6 purples in the final lootsplosion and the grinder wouldn't let me use them. They definitely weren't from the golden key chest either. Was this added in a patch in the past day or two?

Presumably the patch yesterday.

Jusupov
May 24, 2007
only text

Genocyber posted:

It's called the Norfleet and yes.

And melee w/o being OP was always an option, because it was only the Shooting Star and Avalanche that had absurd roid bonuses.

Thumpprrr too, though it has a nasty downside.

mycot
Oct 23, 2014

Hell Gem

Jusupov posted:

Thumpprrr too, though it has a nasty downside.

Well if it has a downside then it doesn't count as "broken".

Doodles
Apr 14, 2001

Basebf555 posted:

Yes, it was part of the patch. I ground myself a Blowfly last night.

Okay, that prior sentence sounds REALLY awkward, no matter how accurate it is.:fap:

Jusupov
May 24, 2007
only text

mycot posted:

Well if it has a downside then it doesn't count as "broken".

It still had higher damage than Shooting Star, and still does. You could barely notice the downside if you had healing. The downside is your health getting set to 1 at times.

Kaubocks
Apr 13, 2011

So how does the new 3 Purple > Legendary recipe work? Is it just 3 random purps for a chance at a random legendary? Or is it 3 of the same type of weapon for a chance at the same type of legendary?

POWERBALL
Feb 16, 2012

by zen death robot
Maybe I won't actually have to gently caress with the loot tables to remotely enjoy this game now XD

Tsietisin
Jul 2, 2004

Time passes quickly on the weekend.

Well I just tried it on 360, put in 3 purple sniper rifles just obtained from the gold chest. Ended up getting an Invader back again, but hey, achievement and a legendary so I know it works. Doesn't look like you can use moonstone though.

Edit: I forgot to mention, I tried it twice. The first time I just got back another purple.

Genocyber
Jun 4, 2012

Tezzeract posted:

This is pretty much the best thing they could have done, from both a normal playthrough and endgame grind standpoint.

I R SMART LIKE ROCK
Mar 10, 2003

I just want a hug.

Fun Shoe

Genocyber posted:

This is pretty much the best thing they could have done, from both a normal playthrough and endgame grind standpoint.

Agreed, once you get a legendary in the type you want; then you can 2 purple + 1 orange moonstone grind that for luneshine bonuses.

DONKEY SALAMI
Jun 28, 2008

donkey? donkey?

got he legendary fire bee grenade last night. don't remember anything like it in bl2?

this thing clears out any congested area fast. just got to stay out of its way

AirRaid
Dec 21, 2004

Nose Manual + Super Sonic Spin Attack
Fire Bee was in BL2. Careful you don't burn yourself to death :v:

HAmbONE
May 11, 2004

I know where the XBox is!!
Smellrose
Well for the second time everything in my stash has disappeared.
Badass points keep getting reset but I can recover them by loading the different characters. Still I have to redo all the points again.

Also got this going on

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bugsy
Jul 15, 2004

I'm thumpin'. That's
why they call me
'Thumper'.

Slippery Tilde

HAmbONE posted:

Well for the second time everything in my stash has disappeared.
Badass points keep getting reset but I can recover them by loading the different characters. Still I have to redo all the points again.

Also got this going on

Its a bug that showing the menu prompt for it, but they haven't patched it in yet. When they do add it it is going to be free at least. Sucks that your poo poo keeps getting deleted.

quote:

Originally Posted by JeffSk
We announced today that an Ultimate Vaulter Mode with a resettable campaign is in the works and will be released as a free update alongside a future add-on.

What some people have been seeing after the latest update looks to be a bug that exposes the menu framework for that third playthrough -- problem is, the accompanying content isn't there yet. We're still wrapping up work on Ultimate Vault Hunter mode and will add that to the game in a future update that will make UVHM function properly.

http://www.gearboxsoftware.com/community/articles/1264/handsome-jack-doppelganger-pack-out-today

• Locked thread