Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
sockpuppetclock
Sep 12, 2010
The best Scout hat is the Party Hat. :toot:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Xander77
Apr 6, 2009

Fuck it then. For another pit sandwich and some 'tater salad, I'll post a few more.

Ditocoaf posted:

I... I assume so too. The event is still going, and will probably end in about 21 hours. I guess I don't understand why you're saying "I thought" and "I assumed" in the past tense -- has something happened to change your mind?

Launching TF2 and getting the regular... err... opening picture thing... instead of the Halloween one.

CoolCab
Apr 17, 2005

glem

sockpuppetclock posted:

The best Scout hat is the Party Hat. :toot:

The Crafty Hair is stylin as gently caress, fits Scout best IMO.

IncendiaC
Sep 25, 2011

Xander77 posted:

Launching TF2 and getting the regular... err... opening picture thing... instead of the Halloween one.

There are still a bunch of Valve Halloween servers and people were still getting gifts on the server I was just on so it's not over yet.

LLCoolJD
Dec 8, 2007

Musk threatens the inorganic promotion of left-wing ideology that had been taking place on the platform

Block me for being an unironic DeSantis fan, too!
I'm on right now trying to get a couple more achievements on the 2014 map.

Edit: Valve servers are so bad. The players are mind-numbingly incompetent. Free kills, almost.

LLCoolJD fucked around with this message at 01:29 on Nov 12, 2014

Magypsy
Apr 2, 2010

People call me Pine! (Pine!)
Eastern Venus Space Police.
If there's slime, (There's slime!)
Involved in a crime, (Bad crime!)
We'll clean them up on the beat! (The beat!)
Yeah, the main menu's back to normal for me, and it says that I can't wear all of my Halloween tat. :shrug:

Still, I've changed my mind, this has been the best Halloween yet. Source: I sold all the stupid free spells and got like 12 keys worth of stuff, including killstreak stuff for all my main weapons and the Sniper ostrich!

EDIT: We've got our first short shorts :woop:

Magypsy fucked around with this message at 01:43 on Nov 12, 2014

khwarezm
Oct 26, 2010

Deal with it.

Magypsy posted:

Yeah, the main menu's back to normal for me, and it says that I can't wear all of my Halloween tat. :shrug:

Still, I've changed my mind, this has been the best Halloween yet. Source: I sold all the stupid free spells and got like 12 keys worth of stuff, including killstreak stuff for all my main weapons and the Sniper ostrich!

EDIT: We've got our first short shorts :woop:

I'm surprised at how many quality submissions there are for this tomb raider thing, I thought it would have been too restricted.

Also you see this holster here? I think they should add something like this to the Scout's character model if he uses the Pretty Boy's Pocket Pistol since that's a weapon that has a permanent passive effect that doesn't display itself at all if its not held out, which is some pretty drat lousy design (contrast with the Targe, Danger shield and Gunboats). If a Scout has 15 more health but is super vulnerable to flames that should communicated immediately instead of being a guessing game.

khwarezm fucked around with this message at 03:18 on Nov 12, 2014

QwertySanchez
Jun 19, 2009

a wacky guy
So there's a bug right now where if you go to your items, pick a weapon slot and view the entire backpack you can equip a primary in any slot. Though you can't select them, which limits it to passive stuff. Demoman with Grenade Launcher, Sticky Launcher and booties for 200 health, Heavy can eat a steak and instead of using gloves he can switches back to the minigun. If you're on the Halloween Doomsday map for the last few minutes it'll be played, then when everyone gets switched to melee, if you've got a gun in that slot you can ruin a lot of people's fun.

When I first saw/heard it I thought you could put any weapon in any slot. I was ready to go steak, kgb, family business heavy to have the ultimate fat scout experience, or scorch shot, reserve shooter, whatever melee pyro for a more challenging puff and sting combo, ooh! OR smg/cleaner, danger shield, bushwacka sniper for australian heavy.

Sadly not this time, maybe any weapon in any slot will become a bug some other day. :smith:

QwertySanchez fucked around with this message at 04:55 on Nov 12, 2014

Xander77
Apr 6, 2009

Fuck it then. For another pit sandwich and some 'tater salad, I'll post a few more.

I've got a bunch of Halloween paint spells (Pigmentation, Staining, Dye Job) to give away.

http://steamcommunity.com/id/Xander77

Pickle dicker
May 25, 2014

by XyloJW

Xander77 posted:

I've got a bunch of Halloween paint spells (Pigmentation, Staining, Dye Job) to give away.

http://steamcommunity.com/id/Xander77

Not anymore you don't!
Goodbye 2014 halloween event, your map was poo poo and your crates where poo poo :saddowns:

Collateral Damage
Jun 13, 2009

This has to be added so I can run heavy with Law + Macho Mann + Short shorts. :cop:

Reiley
Dec 16, 2007

Pickle dicker posted:

Not anymore you don't!
Goodbye 2014 halloween event, your map was poo poo and your crates where poo poo :saddowns:

That mallet would have made a great Mjolnir but I honestly did not care one iota about getting four of those awful achievements.

IncendiaC
Sep 25, 2011
I tried doing the achievements but after 30 minutes I gave up and just SAM'd them. I spent the rest of the event playing on Helltower and Ghost Fort.

Also I made over $15 of steambux from selling spells (which I promptly wasted on dota hats).

Xander77
Apr 6, 2009

Pickle dicker posted:

Not anymore you don't!
Stuff on the marketplace is also gone (like it never existed, actually). Knew I should have dropped some things into dispenser.tf

Saoshyant
Oct 26, 2010

:hmmorks: :orks:

Eh, I did all four of the achievements and had fun doing so. Of course none of those were the melee kill one because that was retarded nor did I play the map again after getting the hammer, but it was fine while I did and I didn't feel the need to cheat with SAM.

Helltower and Ghostfort are still rather fun, though.

Otacon
Aug 13, 2002

If you have spells still and haven't booted up TF2 since yesterday, the spells exist UNTIL you open TF2. You can trade them to an alt account (and never open TF2 on that account) and still have your spells. Then, while TF2 is open on your main, have your alt trade you the spells - you'll be able to apply them to items! But! If you don't use the spell, upon closing and restarting TF2 it will disappear.

rednecked_crake
Mar 17, 2012

srsly who wants to play this lamer?
I never even knew how to use those spells.

Waldorf Sixpence
Sep 6, 2004

Often harder on Player 2
"Was the stylish bandit who robbed a country McDonalds in a navy suit and balaclava while wielding a knife dressed up as a [Team Fortress 2] character?"

no

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...huge-knife.html

Petiso
Apr 30, 2012

EDIT: Done.

Petiso fucked around with this message at 16:34 on Nov 12, 2014

ColonelMuttonchops
Feb 18, 2011

Young Orc

Waldorf Sixpence posted:

"Was the stylish bandit who robbed a country McDonalds in a navy suit and balaclava while wielding a knife dressed up as a [Team Fortress 2] character?"

no

Of course it wasn't cosplay, everyone knows spy wouldnt be caught dead in a McDonalds.

FedEx Mercury
Jan 7, 2004

Me bad posting? That's unpossible!
Lipstick Apathy
Oh nice the event is over I can play tf2 again :cool:

Saoshyant
Oct 26, 2010

:hmmorks: :orks:

Oh no, was your social status under incovenience due to an event running on some servers? How dreadful.

Circutron
Apr 29, 2006
We are confident that the Islamic logic, culture, and discourse can prove their superiority in all fields over all schools of thought and theories.

ColonelMuttonchops posted:

Of course it wasn't cosplay, everyone knows spy wouldnt be caught dead in a McDonalds.

He's not one of those Big Mac harlots.

Sea Lily
Aug 5, 2007

Everything changes, Pit.
Even gods.

These seriously look a lot better than I thought it would be possible for them to. Working around the weird leg geometry of the Heavy and Sniper to make it look like they're wearing less pants is pretty difficult. I'd use these if they got in. Especially with paintable boots. :allears:

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

Saoshyant posted:

Oh no, was your social status under incovenience due to an event running on some servers? How dreadful.

Halloween would be great if it just meant more servers instead of changing those servers into Halloween versions. If people could just choose normal or event lakeside, I think there'd be less people shooting each other when Merasmus shows up.

Magypsy
Apr 2, 2010

Kelp Plankton posted:

These seriously look a lot better than I thought it would be possible for them to. Working around the weird leg geometry of the Heavy and Sniper to make it look like they're wearing less pants is pretty difficult. I'd use these if they got in. Especially with paintable boots. :allears:

Yeah, they look really good, especially considering Sniper's weird bendy legs. They even got their immaculate waxing routines down to a tee!

ate shit on live tv
Feb 15, 2004

by Azathoth

Nehru the Damaja posted:

He has always had terrible hats. I love the class and the character and so many of the miscs, but Scout has some of the worst hats in the game, probably only competing with Pyro as the other comic relief class.

Scout Bonkhelm is his best hat, and the only one that I care about.

Irony Be My Shield
Jul 29, 2012

Waldorf Sixpence posted:

no

Well I can't see any other reason why he'd wear a balaclava, they must be onto something.

Magypsy
Apr 2, 2010

The second pair of shorts have arrived, one that should get in based on its name alone.

xzzy
Mar 5, 2009

I really like the idea of the heavy dual wielding pistols.

That should just become a new primary for the heavy.. allowing slot one to dual wield whatever weapon is in slot two. Then of course allow the heavy to equip the pistol.

QwertySanchez
Jun 19, 2009

a wacky guy
Just the prospect of Heavy maybe getting dual pistols makes me excited for this. It'd be a secondary though, no dual pistol, shotgun fatscout :(

Peanut President
Nov 5, 2008

by Athanatos
The robbery was in New South Wales, shouldn't he be dressed as the Sniper?

Tollymain
Jul 9, 2010

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
but sniper isn't actually australian

Peanut President
Nov 5, 2008

by Athanatos

Tollymain posted:

but sniper isn't actually australian

:negative: gently caress.

a cock shaped fruit
Aug 23, 2010

The true enemy of humanity is disorder.
Honestly some of the Tomb Raider submissions are just dreadful. There is also a shameful number of people who are re-submitting their ancient crap for a second chance in the hopes of it picking up steam with the 'Tomb Raider' tag.

Like this:

http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=527

http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=537

Or, the good ol' LET'S ADD THE TOMB RAIDER TAG FOR NO REASON submission:

http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=336941710

Xander77
Apr 6, 2009

a cock shaped fruit posted:

Or, the good ol' LET'S ADD THE TOMB RAIDER TAG FOR NO REASON submission:

http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=336941710
What, you don't recognize the iconic Lara Raider sunglasses?

a cock shaped fruit
Aug 23, 2010

The true enemy of humanity is disorder.

Xander77 posted:

What, you don't recognize the iconic Lara Raider sunglasses?

Sure do.

http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=337230002

However, Mopheus ain't wearin' them.

Jimbone Tallshanks
Dec 16, 2005

You can't pull rank on murder.

Any shorts added better be Medic-wearable so we can combine them with a Vintage Tyrolean and have 2/3rds of a lederhosen outfit.

Nehru the Damaja
May 20, 2005

I think Valve seeded the Halloween unusuals a bit odd because that one I got? The Big Elfin Deal with Phantasms Jr.? There's at least three of them in existence. With the rarity of unusuals, the number of Halloween effects (what, 7?) and the goddamn hundreds of hats possible, that should be extremely unlikely right?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Magypsy
Apr 2, 2010

Jimbone Tallshanks posted:

Any shorts added better be Medic-wearable so we can combine them with a Vintage Tyrolean and have 2/3rds of a lederhosen outfit.

The Medic's puffy trousers aren't really short shorts friendly. But hey, if tumor legs are your thing, who am I to judge? :shrug:

• Locked thread