Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
spongeworthy
Jan 16, 2009

Moose-Alini posted:

Eh idunno, those numbers look pretty similar to mine... Again, I havnt NOTICED worse battery drain since jailbreaking, maybe took a little hit when updated to ios8. Think some testing may be in line!

Mine has definitely taken a hit on battery drain since jailbreaking. I keep a close eye on it.. I'm randomly removing certain tweaks for a day or so to try and track down any particularly big offenders.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nostalgia4Dogges
Jun 18, 2004

Only emojis can express my pure, simple stupidity.

Check out batterylife or detailedbatteryusage if you haven't already

I jailbroke mine as soon as I got it and the battery hasn't been lasting me as long as I was hoping and hearing from others. I do run a lot of tweaks though.

Feenix
Mar 14, 2003
Sorry, guy.

Christoff posted:

Check out batterylife or detailedbatteryusage if you haven't already

I jailbroke mine as soon as I got it and the battery hasn't been lasting me as long as I was hoping and hearing from others. I do run a lot of tweaks though.

My battery feels worse and I only have f.lux, DetailedBatteryUsage, and NoSlowAnimations.

Thirst Mutilator
Dec 13, 2008

Feenix posted:

My battery feels worse and I only have f.lux, DetailedBatteryUsage, and NoSlowAnimations.

Same experience here on my 6.

BrainDance
May 8, 2007

Disco all night long!

Is there an alternative to infinidock that works on the 6+ in landscape mode?

I guess I can just wait for it to be updated, but figured I might as well check.

ClassH
Mar 18, 2008
Which version of pangu are you guys using who have the battery drain issues? 1.2?

spongeworthy
Jan 16, 2009

ClassH posted:

Which version of pangu are you guys using who have the battery drain issues? 1.2?

1.1.0 loader is currently installed on mine, but I think it was upgraded in Cydia after I originally jailbroke.

ClassH
Mar 18, 2008
Not sure if it matters but this article says cpu drain was fixed in 1.2
http://www.idownloadblog.com/2014/11/04/pangu-jailbreak-for-ios-8-updated-to-version-1-2-0-with-fixes-for-cpu-drain-and-safari-issues/

Feenix
Mar 14, 2003
Sorry, guy.

32 bit devices. I actually just came here to post my battery is about 25% drained and I haven't really done anything with my phone today.

decypher
Aug 23, 2003

Who else see da leprechaun say yaaaa!
My battery life has been great, if not better after jailbreaking. It's not the jailbreak.

spongeworthy
Jan 16, 2009

decypher posted:

My battery life has been great, if not better after jailbreaking. It's not the jailbreak.

What device? There are a lot of variables between thousands of devices with tons of different tweaks/apps. My battery life on my jailbroken iOS 7 on an iPhone 5 was outstanding, and my usage has not changed to this new i6.

Feenix
Mar 14, 2003
Sorry, guy.
I've removed all JB tweaks (but kept the jailbreak,). Gonna see what's what.

goodness
Jan 3, 2012

When the light turns green, you go. When the light turns red, you stop. But what do you do when the light turns blue with orange and lavender spots?
Ran over my phone with my car. Goodbye beautiful jailbreak :(

Should I buy a 6 and hope i can still jb it?

The Dave
Sep 9, 2003

You can jailbreak the current version of iOS so Id assume so.

Nostalgia4Dogges
Jun 18, 2004

goodness posted:

Should I buy a 6 and hope i can still jb it?

Just got mine and it came with 8.0.2

8.1.1 (which patches the current jb) should be out real soon if it's not already

Bouchacha
Feb 7, 2006

goodness posted:

How does that work?

goodness
Jan 3, 2012

When the light turns green, you go. When the light turns red, you stop. But what do you do when the light turns blue with orange and lavender spots?

Bouchacha posted:

How does that work?

Getting into the drivers seat, it slipped from my pocket onto the ground. I didnt hear it fall. Proceeded to reverse a foot and crunch.

Javid
Oct 21, 2004

:jpmf:
Welp. First try: upgrade goes fine, jailbreak kicks the ipad into recovery mode. Glad I took a backup! Gonna try it on a fresh install and restore next.

Nostalgia4Dogges
Jun 18, 2004

Did you do OTA update?

Javid
Oct 21, 2004

No, I never do those. Download the ipsw file and shift-upgrade from itunes. It worked fine after the restore, anyway.

Nostalgia4Dogges
Jun 18, 2004

Gonna check out springtomize 3. It's usually a ton of features I never use but whatever. It's $3 but free if you had 2. $2 for me since I had the first one I think?

Javid
Oct 21, 2004

Ahh, charging for updates, a prominent reason not to pay for Cydia packages.

This upgrade has been significantly less awful than 6->7.

Really looking forward to/hoping for tweaks for the hey Siri function. I assume it's only while plugged in because it chugs power listening for the magic words, but turning it on at certain times would be handy.

Detailed battery usage is awesome. Lack of updated background manager is not. The latter is fairly vital in my efforts to keep the tumblr app from making GBS threads itself if I look at anything else, as is ifile to cull its hilariously bloated cache usage.

Javid fucked around with this message at 09:33 on Nov 12, 2014

Nostalgia4Dogges
Jun 18, 2004

Dude Cydia packages are like $2-3 usually are you serious? Only the big ones are $10-15 like bitesms and tethering poo poo

And it's free if you had the last version

Like stick it to the man all you want but this is little individual developers and poo poo that make good stuff and I have no problem supporting them with 3 $1 burritos from Taco Bell

I mean lol

Grassy Knowles
Apr 4, 2003

"The original Terminator was a gritty fucking AMAZING piece of sci-fi. Gritty fucking rock-hard MURDER!"

Christoff posted:

Dude Cydia packages are like $2-3 usually are you serious? Only the big ones are $10-15 like bitesms and tethering poo poo

And it's free if you had the last version

Like stick it to the man all you want but this is little individual developers and poo poo that make good stuff and I have no problem supporting them with 3 $1 burritos from Taco Bell

I mean lol

And it's not like this exact same 'issue' isn't in the regular App Store--at least there's the ability to discount upgrades to previous owners.

ICHIBAHN
Feb 21, 2007

by Cyrano4747
Please let's not do this

bobfather
Sep 20, 2001

I will analyze your nervous system for beer money
The Sprintomize dev deserves none of your money, because the tweak is exactly the same as it was when he first released it for iOS 7 like a year ago, charged people for it while simultaneously saying 'new stuff is coming', and then no new stuff ever did come.

If you buy Springtomize, it will get maybe 1 feature update before iOS 9 hits. It will definitely get bug updates after too many people start to complain that the tweak is destructive to battery life, or isn't compatible with other, better tweaks. Also, I'm pretty sure the dev only updated the package to make it compatible with iOS 8 so the Cydia store would let him sell it again to a new bunch of rubes.

Moral is, get HideMe8 instead.

goku chewbacca
Dec 14, 2002
iPhone 6 on 8.1

Looks like I purchased TetherMe too long ago to get the TetherMe for iOS8+ for free. Should I consider other tethering apps? I'm on Sprint, so not as at risk of being caught as AT&T unlimited data customers.

And the extensive list of tethering apps include:
  • TetherMe ($3. Uses native hotspot feature. Only method of obscuring tethering is to change the APN?)
  • MyWi (why is this $20? Does not obscure tethering?)
  • PDANet ($16. Standalone app not the native hotspot. Data uses phone APN, can request mobile webpages. Changes User-Agent string of tethering traffic to iOS Safari?)

Am I missing anything?

decypher
Aug 23, 2003

Who else see da leprechaun say yaaaa!

goku chewbacca posted:

iPhone 6 on 8.1

Looks like I purchased TetherMe too long ago to get the TetherMe for iOS8+ for free. Should I consider other tethering apps? I'm on Sprint, so not as at risk of being caught as AT&T unlimited data customers.

And the extensive list of tethering apps include:
  • TetherMe ($3. Uses native hotspot feature. Only method of obscuring tethering is to change the APN?)
  • MyWi (why is this $20? Does not obscure tethering?)
  • PDANet ($16. Standalone app not the native hotspot. Data uses phone APN, can request mobile webpages. Changes User-Agent string of tethering traffic to iOS Safari?)

Am I missing anything?

I bought TetherMe again. It's cheap and has always worked reliably. It enables native tethering and also supports the new instant hotspot feature in Yosemite. Minimal, effective and cheap.

Tapedump
Aug 31, 2007
College Slice
Is it common for AdBlocker / AdBlocker 2 to straight up prevent an entire web page from being displayed? Take addresses.com for example. It won't load at all in Safari when the ad blocker is enabled.

Other than whitelisting each page that suffers from this problem, am I missing something? This happens on more than two different iOS devices.

Tapedump fucked around with this message at 18:14 on Nov 12, 2014

Moose-Alini
Sep 11, 2001

Not always so

Tapedump posted:

Is it common for AdBlocker / AdBlocker 2 to straight up prevent an entire web page from being displayed? Take addresses.com for example. It won't load at all in Safari when the ad blocker is enabled.

Other than whitelisting each page that suffers from this problem, am I missing something? This happens on more than two different iOS devices.

Yeah happens to me to. Wonder if it's the website detecting the Adblock and not loading. If come across this on pc before where it gives an error or a warning.

Tapedump
Aug 31, 2007
College Slice
It's been happening for a year or more, including both versions of AdBlocker. Chrome on iOS has the same problem when added to the Enabled list.

Windows Chrome/FF with ABP have no such problem, so it sucks that some sites just straight hang with AdBlocker 1/2.

averox
Feb 28, 2005

:dukedog:
Fun Shoe
Jailbroken iOS 8.1 6+ user and no changes to my battery life. I don't have a ton of crazy poo poo installed from Cydia but I can give a run down later.

Also I've had the Adblocker preventing webpages from being displayed before.

kitten smoothie
Dec 29, 2001

Tapedump posted:

A really crappy hostname filter that triggers on ad*.com?

spongeworthy
Jan 16, 2009

Tapedump posted:

I'm not sure if it's updated for iOS 8, but if you install "Hosts File Flipswitch" you could toggle it off temporarily while visiting an affected website.

It probably still works from iOS 7.

Moose-Alini
Sep 11, 2001

Not always so
MY GIRLFRIEND got a iPhone 6+ yesterday and I jailbroke it. Is there anything like five icon dock that works? It bunches all five icons on the right, and doesn't work t all when held sideways and the dock goes to the side. I hate how the dock moves btw...

spongeworthy
Jan 16, 2009

Moose-Alini posted:

MY GIRLFRIEND got a iPhone 6+ yesterday and I jailbroke it. Is there anything like five icon dock that works? It bunches all five icons on the right, and doesn't work t all when held sideways and the dock goes to the side. I hate how the dock moves btw...

Add http://repo.rpdev.info/ and there are an assortment of betterFive* tweaks compatible with iOS8.

Kheldarn
Feb 17, 2011

OK, no reply from the author of Reminders+. Can someone here try it and see if it works? It's on the Big Boss repo, so no speical repo needs to be added.

ibntumart
Mar 18, 2007

Good, bad. I'm the one with the power of Shu, Heru, Amon, Zehuti, Aton, and Mehen.
College Slice

Moose-Alini posted:

Infinidock works on iOS 8.1. It's not five icons, though. It just lets you put as many icons as you want and scroll through the dock.

Whirlwind Jones
Apr 13, 2013

by Lowtax
Is that thing that hides the fact that you're jailbroken (tsprotector?) updated yet? Super Stickman Golf just started doing jailbreak checks and now I can't play my turn based games and I'm FREAKING OUT.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rabite
Apr 13, 2002

Dynamiet Rab

Whirlwind Jones posted:

Is that thing that hides the fact that you're jailbroken (tsprotector?) updated yet? Super Stickman Golf just started doing jailbreak checks and now I can't play my turn based games and I'm FREAKING OUT.

Look up tsprotector 8, it is still in the testing stages

typ0s2d10.appspot.com/repo

• Locked thread