Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
SplitSoul
Dec 31, 2000

If it's at least as accessible as IV's files, I'll be looking forward to an Interstate '76 mod through LUA scripting or something. It could kinda work even with just the functionality of the Bond car guns and GTA Race rockets.

If only it could work in multiplayer also.

Speaking of which, that new Charger. :circlefap:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ElwoodCuse
Jan 11, 2004

we're puttin' the band back together

Capn Beeb posted:

I wouldn't be the least bit surprised if there was a single flag ticked off for the purchasable car.

HasGadgets=0

Or something equally trivial and stupid. How dare the player want this fun toy!

If I remember that mission, every car you wreck is a cutscene so it's more like "gadgets do not actually work and we can't fake it outside of a mission"

Duke Chin
Jan 11, 2002

Roger That:
MILK CRATES INBOUND

:siren::siren::siren::siren:
- FUCK THE HABS -

Top Hats Monthly posted:

I really wish the PC release wasn't later...I can't justify buying a new console

Samesies, hockey-bud. :reject::respek::( - Although I may actually be able to offset some of the cost of a PS4/game via a birthday/xmas split since they're kinda close together but not close enough where I get screwed by a combo-holiday. :v:

I DON'T KNOW WHAT I WANNA DO :ohdear:

A. Beaverhausen
Nov 11, 2008

by R. Guyovich
I would honestly hold off on a console until the inevitable redesign/price drop happens for whichever. If you have a pc that can handle it or it just needs a new graphics card just wait.

Top Hats Monthly
Jun 22, 2011

People are people so why should it be, that you and I should get along so awfully blink blink recall STOP IT YOU POSH LITTLE SHIT

Duke Chin posted:

Samesies, hockey-bud. :reject::respek::( - Although I may actually be able to offset some of the cost of a PS4/game via a birthday/xmas split since they're kinda close together but not close enough where I get screwed by a combo-holiday. :v:

I DON'T KNOW WHAT I WANNA DO :ohdear:

Yeah, I feel you. My birthday and Christmas are literally as far apart as possible so eh! I just wish it was released before Christmas you know? I'd be okay with a December release.

Also I can't wait to hop in the Sadler the first time and go jumping through the hills :circlefap: are we going to get more car mods in the next-gen? I really have to imagine they'd implement lift-kits.

E: Anybody got a list of things that are new in the next-gen, anyway?

Marklar
Jul 24, 2003

Ball is Love
Ball is Life
Not sure if this is of interest to anyone, but for some reason the preorder for the PC version of GTAV is included in the buy two, get one free deal at Target:

http://www.target.com/p/grand-theft-auto-v-pc-games/-/A-15835443#prodSlot=medium_1_6&term=Grand+theft+auto+V

Duke Chin
Jan 11, 2002

Roger That:
MILK CRATES INBOUND

- FUCK THE HABS -

A. Beaverhausen posted:

If you have a pc that can handle it ... just wait.

HNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNGH ADULT WITH DISCRETIONARY INCOME AND PURCHASING POWER HNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNGH

:homebrew:

edit: (hah, an "adult" who can't wait to spend money on fuckin' video games)

Duke Chin fucked around with this message at 03:11 on Nov 11, 2014

Top Hats Monthly
Jun 22, 2011

People are people so why should it be, that you and I should get along so awfully blink blink recall STOP IT YOU POSH LITTLE SHIT

Marklar posted:

Not sure if this is of interest to anyone, but for some reason the preorder for the PC version of GTAV is included in the buy two, get one free deal at Target:

http://www.target.com/p/grand-theft-auto-v-pc-games/-/A-15835443#prodSlot=medium_1_6&term=Grand+theft+auto+V

Sounds like something you would do for Christmas. GTA V will be released before Christmas for PC I knew it!

i want to pretend to be gta forums

Top Hats Monthly
Jun 22, 2011

I really hope we get racing wheel and joystick support. It'll be great!

Knuc U Kinte
Aug 17, 2004

Capn Beeb posted:

I wouldn't be the least bit surprised if there was a single flag ticked off for the purchasable car.

HasGadgets=0

Or something equally trivial and stupid. How dare the player want this fun toy!

This does not make sense.

chitoryu12
Apr 24, 2014

Duke Chin posted:

edit: (hah, an "adult" who can't wait to spend money on fuckin' video games)

See, I thought this at first but eventually came to the realization that "adulthood" means being able to buy whatever you want and nobody can tell you no. It may not be smart to blow $100 on cheaply priced video games in one month, but you can.

I shudder to think of the days where I didn't have my own bank card or source of income and had to ask my mom any time I wanted to buy something that wasn't food. Now it's "gently caress you, I'm going to buy a second PC copy of every one of my console games. Just watch me."

Top Hats Monthly
Jun 22, 2011

I know I'm making GBS threads up the thread but I haven't played GTA in so long and now I'm curious

Why can helicopters keep up with the 747? What's the interior gonna be like?

Pwnstar
Dec 9, 2007

Who wants some waffles?

So are helicopters going to fly straight now or are they still going to jitterbug through the skies?

Beeb
Jun 29, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 15 days!

chitoryu12 posted:

I think if it's keeping the same coding scheme as the past games (which I admittedly don't follow well, as I'm merely a guy who uses computers a lot and not actually a coder or scripter or anything like that), the car with the gadgets is actually a separate entity altogether in the vehicle database and the game just spawns the appropriate one. In which case getting the gadget car is a matter of replacing the un-Bond version you can buy with the entry for the better one.

Yeah, this is pretty likely too.

Knuc U Kinte posted:

This does not make sense.

Nothing Rockstar has done with this game in regards to fun has made sense.

Scyron
Aug 27, 2005

I am sure a hacker knows all about rewarding and accomplished behavior. I mean, raping a chick with some mickeys is the same is getting laid right? Same result amirite guys? Nothing like work and not having to do it and get that sweet sweet payoff. :smug:
Remote play on PS4 is going to be awesome for the 100% checklist, again.

I sort of hope they change up some of the trophies or add some new ones for the new added content. I don't mind if the online is the same, since I should get all those the instant I login.

Psion
Dec 13, 2002

eVeN I KnOw wHaT CoRnEr gAs iS

Pwnstar posted:

So are helicopters going to fly straight now or are they still going to jitterbug through the skies?

I remember watching a prerelease GTA5 trailer, I can't find it now, where helicopters did fly perfectly straight. It was after I spent a lot of time in a Buzzard in GTAO when I noticed this so I was kinda annoyed at the time :v:

FCKGW
May 21, 2006

A. Beaverhausen posted:

I would honestly hold off on a console until the inevitable redesign/price drop happens for whichever. If you have a pc that can handle it or it just needs a new graphics card just wait.

Target has the XBone for $250 on Black Friday.

A. Beaverhausen
Nov 11, 2008

by R. Guyovich

FCKGW posted:

Target has the XBone for $250 on Black Friday.

Online black friday, or risk your life in store black friday?

LIVE AMMO COSPLAY
Feb 3, 2006

Psion posted:

The caltrops seemed really heavily scripted to me, like I'd fire them and it was just counting down until a cop car flipped out instead of them having to actually run over a caltrop. Placement didn't matter, basically.

the guns though, no excuses.

I did this mission the other day and I was able to caltrop random civilians.

The Mantis
Jul 19, 2004

what is yall sayin?
Never played. P excited

Bobby Deluxe
May 9, 2004

A. Beaverhausen posted:

Online black friday, or risk your life in store black friday?
Black Friday as in 'This is a black day because I bought the wrong console Friday' :haw:

If you're buying it mainly for GTAV, way way way more people are on PS4 right now.

Duke Chin
Jan 11, 2002

Roger That:
MILK CRATES INBOUND

- FUCK THE HABS -

Pwnstar posted:

So - loving - help - me if that goddamn fake rear end "turbulence" is still in when you have 100% flying skill!!!! :argh: It will be equal parts DukeRage™ and A Scathing Yelp Review. :argh:

Ghosts n Gopniks
Nov 2, 2004

Imagine how much more sad and lonely we would be if not for the hard work of lowtax. Here's $12.95 to his aid.

Duke Chin posted:

So - loving - help - me if that goddamn fake rear end "turbulence" is still in when you have 100% flying skill!!!! :argh: It will be equal parts DukeRage™ and A Scathing Yelp Review. :argh:

You and me both :argh: I raged a good bit about it

the truth
Dec 16, 2007

Duke Chin posted:

That's one of the worst three design decisions in my opinion, in addition to the cops randomly spawning on mountains and the antiquated garage/car ownership.

Top Hats Monthly
Jun 22, 2011

I have a feeling these new Taurus interceptors aren't heavy enough to stop a semi when the brakes are fully down but what do I know

E: When you're fully on the gas in a semi and a police car stops infront of you and you grind to a halt.

Top Hats Monthly fucked around with this message at 16:09 on Nov 11, 2014

wa27
Jan 15, 2007

The helicopters are pretty ridiculous. The tricky part of flying a chopper should be landing precisely and maneuvering through obstacles, not flying in a straight line in open airspace.

GreatGreen
Jul 3, 2007
That's not what gaslighting means you hyperbolic dipshit.
Yeah, whoever put in the flight turbulence has pretty much never been in an aircraft before, outside of a hurricane. It's pretty easy for even somebody who's never even driven a car to hold a plane straight and level.

Besides that, increasing your flight skill shouldn't magically reduce the wind in the air, it should increase your turning and acceleration/deceleration speed.

Top Hats Monthly
Jun 22, 2011

-quote still is not edit :downs:xinfinitiy-

crazysim
May 23, 2004
I AM SOOOOO GAY

the truth posted:

That's one of the worst three design decisions in my opinion, in addition to the cops randomly spawning on mountains and the antiquated garage/car ownership.

I like the mountain cops. Sisyphus rolled a boulder up a hill but what if there was gunfire, explosions, and only 3 working wheels?

Dang It Bhabhi!
May 27, 2004

ASK ME ABOUT
BEING
ESCULA GRIND'S
#1 SIMP

p sweet 1.18 didnt come out today. im stoked

Top Hats Monthly
Jun 22, 2011

fyodor posted:

p sweet 1.18 didnt come out today. im stoked

What are you talking about? :confused:

Scyron
Aug 27, 2005

I am sure a hacker knows all about rewarding and accomplished behavior. I mean, raping a chick with some mickeys is the same is getting laid right? Same result amirite guys? Nothing like work and not having to do it and get that sweet sweet payoff. :smug:
The last leaked update before 1.17 I believe hinted at 11.11 seeing a new patch for vets day, or military day or something, if I am not mistaken?

Maybe ps3/360 will get it next week, when the PS4/xbone launches with that content included on disc already?

7 RING SHRIMP
Oct 3, 2012

Was planning on getting it on PS4 because I assumed the graphics would be better but I just picked up an Xbox One and kind of want that exclusive content for rebuying it. One bud wants to buy it for PS4 because graphics and he likes that controller, other wants to buy it for Xbox One because he's got his old character. We all want to play together and we all own both consoles.

Flip a coin?

Crappy Jack
Nov 21, 2005

We got some serious shit to discuss.

EATIN SHRIMP posted:

Was planning on getting it on PS4 because I assumed the graphics would be better but I just picked up an Xbox One and kind of want that exclusive content for rebuying it. One bud wants to buy it for PS4 because graphics and he likes that controller, other wants to buy it for Xbox One because he's got his old character. We all want to play together and we all own both consoles.

Flip a coin?

You can transfer existing characters to PS4 or the One no matter which system they were originally on, PS3 or 360, so that shouldn't matter. Also I think the exclusive content is only available if you played the last-gen version, not played the current gen remake on a different system.

History Comes Inside!
Nov 20, 2004

EATIN SHRIMP posted:

Flip a coin?

You can move character from any old platform to any new platform, but only once. You're night tied in to console families.

EFB; buy it on PS4 anyway

7 RING SHRIMP
Oct 3, 2012

Crappy Jack posted:

You can transfer existing characters to PS4 or the One no matter which system they were originally on, PS3 or 360, so that shouldn't matter. Also I think the exclusive content is only available if you played the last-gen version, not played the current gen remake on a different system.

Bobtista posted:

You can move character from any old platform to any new platform, but only once. You're night tied in to console families.

I'm not sure I follow(the bolded part). I've played GTAV on Xbox 360 and now I want it for either the One of PS4. I don't really care about my character other than the fact I want those missions and that car and the same system as both friends. Any idea if they'll be graphical differences between the One and the Playstation 4?

Psion
Dec 13, 2002

eVeN I KnOw wHaT CoRnEr gAs iS
as I understand it:

You get your exclusive transfer/whatever/stuff content on whatever you transfer to. So you can get it on Xbone OR PS4 - what matters here is which platform you choose to transfer your existing 360 character to.

360 -> xbone, get all the cool poo poo on xbone.
360 -> ps4, get all the cool poo poo on ps4.

that's it. Pick one, basically.

you can't do 360 -> xbone -> ps4 or anything like that. It's a one-time transfer.

e:
there's one other option which is to wait and do 360 -> PC.

Personally, I think Rockstar might bow to pressure and allow a (360 OR PS3) -> (PS4 OR XBONE) -> PC progression via support since it means someone triple-dipped on GTAV, but the way they have everything written up says one-time, no you can't do it twice, nope nope nope, so don't count on that.

Psion fucked around with this message at 21:38 on Nov 12, 2014

Brightman
Feb 24, 2005

I've seen fun you people wouldn't believe.
Tiki torches on fire off the summit of Kilauea.
I watched disco balls glitter in the dark near the Brandenburg Gate.
All those moments will be lost in time, like crowds in rain.

Time to sleep.

EATIN SHRIMP posted:

I'm not sure I follow(the bolded part). I've played GTAV on Xbox 360 and now I want it for either the One of PS4. I don't really care about my character other than the fact I want those missions and that car and the same system as both friends. Any idea if they'll be graphical differences between the One and the Playstation 4?

More than likely they'll be completely equal and any differences will be negligible, but so far the majority of cross platform games have performed better on PS4. I think all the trailers and poo poo have been captured using PS4, no idea if that really says anything about it though.

Intel&Sebastian
Oct 20, 2002

colonel...
i'm trying to sneak around
but i'm dummy thicc
and the clap of my ass cheeks
keeps alerting the guards!
I'm replaying the SP game at the moment...and I'm starting to think they went overboard frontloading the good stuff like Houser mentioned in that interview. All the Lamar love comes mostly from 2 classic scenes right of the top of the game and the Jimmy/Boat rescue mission is the best one-off mission in the entire game imo.

I mean there's fun stuff to do down the road but at some point they take all the character agency and interesting scenes out and it starts feeling like the regular ol "Oh no I'm in debt/trouble, guess I have to work for a guy I hate who I always talk poo poo to when I visit".

The Simeon/Franklin/Lamar relationship at the top of the game is pretty unique and worked, why couldn't they figure out how to set up more situations like that?

I'm almost sure there's way more car variety on the street at the start of the game too. A memory/ram issue maybe?

Intel&Sebastian fucked around with this message at 21:50 on Nov 12, 2014

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Brightman
Feb 24, 2005

I've seen fun you people wouldn't believe.
Tiki torches on fire off the summit of Kilauea.
I watched disco balls glitter in the dark near the Brandenburg Gate.
All those moments will be lost in time, like crowds in rain.

Time to sleep.

Intel&Sebastian posted:

I'm replaying the SP game at the moment...and I'm starting to think they went overboard frontloading the good stuff like Houser mentioned in that interview. All the Lamar love comes mostly from 2 classic scenes right of the top of the game and the Jimmy/Boat rescue mission is the best one-off mission in the entire game imo.

I'm almost sure there's way more car variety on the street at the start of the game too. A memory/ram issue maybe?

I find there's more car variety if you drive around to different areas more. Missions sorta forced you into this, but I find when you're just loving around you end up sticking to certain areas for whatever reason.

Was driving around a bunch last night trying to purposefully go where I don't usually and started noticing different things and more stuff like boats on trailers, u-haul things, and station wagons with suitcases piled on top. Also things like farm equipment, construction stuff, some different cars than what I usually see, but mostly lovely sedans I didn't care to drive.

Also this happened:

I'm not sure if this is impressive or not, but the shadows still "worked":

If you turned around the shadow was filled in because the back of the jacket was fine. Was sorta weird, has probably been seen before though.

• Locked thread