Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Ms. Unsmiley
Feb 13, 2012

Help Im Alive posted:

What are you guys talking about, there was already an excellent Wii U F-Zero game

Thrills, Twists and Turns

wasn't this the only nintendoland game that used a character's name instead of the series name? captain falcon is more recognizable than f-zero at this point, thanks smash bros

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

elf help book
Aug 5, 2004

Though the battle might be endless, I will never give up

sharrrk posted:

wasn't this the only nintendoland game that used a character's name instead of the series name? captain falcon is more recognizable than f-zero at this point, thanks smash bros

Yeah, but "Mario", "Luigi", "Donkey Kong", and "Yoshi" are series names so it's kinda hard to test your pattern.

It also used Takamaru instead of Mysterious Murasame Castle. And "Octopus" without mention of Game and Watch.

Spacebump
Dec 24, 2003

Dallas Mavericks: Generations

Louisgod posted:

If at any point you've pressed the brake button or took your finger off the gas in an F-Zero game just do us a favor and loving kill yourself.

Doesn't that make it impossible to turn in the first GBA F-Zero?

RyokoTK
Feb 12, 2012

I am cool.
Why are people posting as if anyone gives a poo poo about F-Zeros that aren't X or GX.

Electric Phantasm
Apr 7, 2011

YOSPOS

sharrrk posted:

It's probably because you dress up as Captain Falcon and drive the Blue Falcon only. No point in calling it F-Zero if you can't drive as anyone else from it.

Louisgod
Sep 25, 2003

Always Watching
Bread Liar

RyokoTK posted:

Why are people posting as if anyone gives a poo poo about F-Zeros that aren't X or GX.

I don't know but it's triggering me bigtime.

Asnorban
Jun 13, 2003

Professor Gavelsmoke

F-Zero GX was worth it just because it produced this: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dZLwM3nyY5g

oddium
Feb 21, 2006

end of the 4.5 tatami age

What're y'all's favorite F-Zero vehicles. Mine's the Hyper Speeder. Also the Spark Moon and Rainbow Phoenix are good.

elf help book
Aug 5, 2004

Though the battle might be endless, I will never give up

oddium posted:

What're y'all's favorite F-Zero vehicles. Mine's the Hyper Speeder. Also the Spark Moon and Rainbow Phoenix are good.

I don't really care about F-Zero.

Ms. Unsmiley
Feb 13, 2012

elf help book posted:

Yeah, but "Mario", "Luigi", "Donkey Kong", and "Yoshi" are series names so it's kinda hard to test your pattern.

It also used Takamaru instead of Mysterious Murasame Castle. And "Octopus" without mention of Game and Watch.

oh right i forgot about takamaru's ninja castle. that guy's in a similar situation to captain falcon.

Looper
Mar 1, 2012

Asnorban posted:

F-Zero GX was worth it just because it produced this: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dZLwM3nyY5g

This guy sounds like an rear end in a top hat, subs >>> dubs

PaletteSwappedNinja
Jun 3, 2008

One Nation, Under God.
Some people got hold of the JP version of Captain Toad, so lots of footage is starting to go up, for those who are still curious.

Fremry
Nov 4, 2003

PaletteSwappedNinja posted:

Some people got hold of the JP version of Captain Toad, so lots of footage is starting to go up, for those who are still curious.

I want this game so bad, but I also don't want any of it spoiled for me. Gonna be a long 3 weeks.

Kurtofan
Feb 16, 2011

hon hon hon

JordanKai posted:

Japanese Kirby & The Rainbow Curse box art! :3:

Needs more gold :911:

Ultigonio
Oct 26, 2012

Well now.

Fremry posted:

I want this game so bad, but I also don't want any of it spoiled for me. Gonna be a long 3 weeks.

I know this feeling precisely. Time to turn on my horse blinders and pray.

BowieFett
Oct 21, 2008

I hope the next F Zero game is called "F Zero Warriors" and you just run around a battlefield as Captain Falcon and kill hundreds of dudes with a single Falcon Punch.

Nolgthorn
Jan 30, 2001

The pendulum of the mind alternates between sense and nonsense

Fremry posted:

About 8 weeks for EU people.

PaletteSwappedNinja
Jun 3, 2008

One Nation, Under God.
Did anyone mention that Sonic Boom has a pause glitch with Knuckles that lets you skip the vast majority of the game and beat it in less than an hour?

Ultigonio
Oct 26, 2012

Well now.
Well, that was fast: Kirby and the Rainbow Curse now has an official release date of February 13.

Did anyone mention that Sonic Boom has a pause glitch with Knuckles that lets you skip the vast majority of the game and beat it in less than an hour?
I don't think it's been brought up yet, but I heard about it. Makes me wish I'd been watching Parax's streams.

JordanKai
Aug 19, 2011

Get high and think of me.

Ultigonio posted:

Makes me wish I'd been watching Parax's streams.

Well guess what? He's still streaming

http://www.twitch.tv/parax0

This game is both horrible and a gift a to all mankind. :allears:

Ultigonio
Oct 26, 2012

Well now.

JordanKai posted:

I still do not understand what the purpose of the ring cap was

why is this game so awful, why

Suspicious Cook
Oct 9, 2012

Onward to burgers!

JordanKai posted:

When I got to the stream the screen was just a dark turquoise. I thought something was wrong with the stream but then I remembered what game it was.

Suspicious Cook fucked around with this message at 01:13 on Nov 13, 2014

Astro Nut
Feb 22, 2013

Nonsensical Space Powers, Activate! Form of Friendship!

Ultigonio posted:

I still do not understand what the purpose of the ring cap was

why is this game so awful, why

I can get the purpose of it - what I don't then get is why there's still so many rings around, even where you can't really get hurt. Guidance, perhaps, but there still should have been some way to make use of the excess, in that case. Its not like they can pull a LW either and patch in lives later.

axelblaze
Oct 18, 2006

Congratulations The One Concern!!!

You're addicted to Ivory!!

and...oh my...could you please...
oh my...

Grimey Drawer
For the life of me I can't get excited about Rainbow Curse, as much as I like the style but I also really did not care for Canvas Curse at all.

Lemming
Apr 21, 2008

axleblaze posted:

For the life of me I can't get excited about Rainbow Curse, as much as I like the style but I also really did not care for Canvas Curse at all.

I'm having a lot of trouble keeping myself calm right now

DEEP STATE PLOT
Aug 13, 2008

Yes...Ha ha ha...YES!

Lemming posted:

If you're having trouble keeping calm, pop in some Kirby and you'll be all better

ikanreed
Sep 25, 2009

I honestly I have no idea who cannibal[SIC] is and I do not know why I should know.

syq dude, just syq!

Lemming posted:

How kirbylike.

I tell you all kirbstians are hipocrites. None of them can just chill out and eat everything in sight like their holy game tells them.

axelblaze
Oct 18, 2006

Congratulations The One Concern!!!

You're addicted to Ivory!!

and...oh my...could you please...
oh my...

Grimey Drawer
I dunno, Canvas Curse was one of the first DS games I owned. I really tried to like it but I just didn't find it fun. :shrug:

Lemming
Apr 21, 2008

axleblaze posted:

I dunno, Canvas Curse was one of the first DS games I owned. I really tried to like it but I just didn't find it fun. :shrug:

:whitewater:

Grass Effect
Aug 10, 2014

axleblaze posted:

You abomination of nature. Canvas Curse was incredible. I need to 100% it again, come to think.

PaletteSwappedNinja
Jun 3, 2008

One Nation, Under God.
I liked the core gameplay but there was way too much padding and not enough unique content, so I hope they address that with the new game.

Pomp
Apr 3, 2012

by Fluffdaddy

Suspicious Cook posted:

When I got to the stream the screen was just a dark turquoise. I thought something was wrong with the stream but then I remembered what game it was.

The first thing I hear is sonic loudly declare that it's TIME TO GET WET

the truth
Dec 16, 2007

Tonight I bough W101 and ZombiU based on recommendations from this thread as part of the Target B2G1 deal. Hope they don't suck!

Scholtz
Aug 24, 2007

Zorchin' some Flemoids

What was your third game? Those are pretty cheap games to use a B2G1 sale for.

Macaluso
Sep 23, 2005

I HATE THAT HEDGEHOG, BROTHER!
So I got myself an HD tv finally! Hooray! Except I loaded up Mario Kart 8, and while the game is still pretty, and the menus look great, the models themselves seem very... I dunno like they aren't smooth enough? It's not enough to really detract from the game, but it's still pretty noticable and I'm wondering if that's just how it IS or if I just don't have something configured that well. I also loaded up Bayo2 and it also has that issue, like it's being upscaled or something but the resolution and everything is all set correctly

greatn
Nov 15, 2006

by Lowtax

the truth posted:

Tonight I bough W101 and ZombiU based on recommendations from this thread as part of the Target B2G1 deal. Hope they don't suck!

Well, the thing that does kind of suck for you is those were already price reduced anyway so you're not getting much of a deal.

PrBacterio
Jul 19, 2000

Macaluso posted:

So I got myself an HD tv finally! Hooray! Except I loaded up Mario Kart 8, and while the game is still pretty, and the menus look great, the models themselves seem very... I dunno like they aren't smooth enough? It's not enough to really detract from the game, but it's still pretty noticable and I'm wondering if that's just how it IS or if I just don't have something configured that well. I also loaded up Bayo2 and it also has that issue, like it's being upscaled or something but the resolution and everything is all set correctly
Your HDTV presumably runs at 1080p, while all those games you've mentioned render at 720p natively so yes, it's probably the upscaling that's doing it. You can set it up so that either the WiiU does the scaling itself or leaves it to your TV, depending on which one has the better scaling algorithm built in, but I forget how to do that just now.

Lemming
Apr 21, 2008

Macaluso posted:

If there's an overscan setting on your TV make sure to turn it off. It seems to be on by default on a lot of TVs. What it's doing is cutting the edges of the signal off on all the sides in case of interference, which never happens, so you get a slightly zoomed in version of whatever you're watching and it looks really lovely.

Ultigonio
Oct 26, 2012

Well now.

I liked the core gameplay but there was way too much padding and not enough unique content, so I hope they address that with the new game.

Nintendo's been pretty good about not padding their games as of late, but the amount of unique content in their current games varies from quite extensive to... really quite light.

Other than that, what I've seen of Rainbow Curse looks very good, but it kind of annoys me that Kirby bounces off enemies when dashing into them rather than just boosting right through. Canvas Curse had some really incredible flow in its gameplay, hopefully Rainbow Curse manages to keep hold of that.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

greatn
Nov 15, 2006

by Lowtax

Ultigonio posted:

Nintendo's been pretty good about not padding their games as of late, but the amount of unique content in their current games varies from quite extensive to... really quite light.

Other than that, what I've seen of Rainbow Curse looks very good, but it kind of annoys me that Kirby bounces off enemies when dashing into them rather than just boosting right through. Canvas Curse had some really incredible flow in its gameplay, hopefully Rainbow Curse manages to keep hold of that.

I'm hoping the bouncing is a really good traversal tool, letting you reach places you may not be able to by ramming an enemy at the right time or from the right angle.

• Locked thread