Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Mekchu
Apr 10, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Fix Lag posted:

Forward Unto Dawn was entertaining :colbert:

I'm sure the eve show will be nowhere near that good though.

Wasn't that a straight to DVD movie, not a show?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

xgp15a-ii
Jan 10, 2014
So I just got accepted into a wormhole corp that lives in a C2 wormhole.

Should I go fly down there now in a t2 fit drake and start punching sleepers or should i first spend a week sitting in jita training scanning and cloaking skills?

I'm sure if I asked them they'd say to just come along, but i'm nervous.

Mekchu
Apr 10, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

xgp15a-ii posted:

Should I go fly down there now in a t2 fit drake and start punching sleepers or should i first spend a week sitting in jita training scanning and cloaking skills?

Do you want to rely on someone finding and bookmarking your exits? Because if not, you should train those skills. Regardless of you wanting that to happen though, you want to train those skills.

vvvv That too.

FruitNYogurtParfait
Mar 29, 2006

Sion lied. Deadtear died for our sins. #VengeanceForDeadtear
#PunGateNeverForget
#ModLivesMatter
You should train to fly everything you possibly can so you can steal it all instead.

Gwyneth Palpate
Jun 7, 2010

Do you want your breadcrumbs highlighted?

~SMcD

xgp15a-ii posted:

Having some rudimentary probing skills will increase your quality of life in a wormhole considerably, as there is zero wormhole content available without the ability to probe.

Kalenn Istarion
Nov 2, 2012

Maybe Senpai will finally notice me now that I've dropped :fivebux: on this snazzy av

blowfish posted:

I wonder when we will be getting strategic supercarriers, which will function like pre-phoebe normal supercarriers but cost fifty zillion isk so they won't proliferate as badly :ccp:

Actually there should be a hard cap of the number that can exist at any one time, so the only way to get in on the Strategic Spacedick 2.0 game is to blow one up. There, I fixed nullsec.

We need t2 supers first, jeez

Narciss posted:

I forget.

:owned:

Meme Poker Party
Sep 1, 2006

by Azathoth

Kalenn Istarion posted:

We need t2 supers

Shut down EVE.

SpeedGem
Sep 19, 2012

by Ralp
I'm still in your corp stealin your isk

Narciss
Nov 29, 2004

by Cowcaster

xgp15a-ii posted:

Astrometrics 3 will have you able to scan functionally, but you really want to get Astrometrics 4 and the support skills at 3 by some point. A covops frigate for scanning is also a long-term must for WH life, but you can scan in a t1 frigate with a protocloak.

I would get Astrometrics 3/whatever a protocloak needs (probably cloaking 1), and see if you like WHs. If you don't like them with those skills you probably won't like them with better skills.

SpeedGem
Sep 19, 2012

by Ralp
30 million isk is nothing, lol.

You guys in chat are all scratching your heads who it is,

a ghost.

Gwyneth Palpate
Jun 7, 2010

~SMcD

SpeedGem posted:

a ghost.

i have discovered who you are

i demand tribute of 20% of your take

failure to comply will result in the revelation of your identity :twisted:

SpeedGem
Sep 19, 2012

by Ralp

Glory of Arioch posted:

i have discovered who you are

i demand tribute of 20% of your take

failure to comply will result in the revelation of your identity :twisted:

I now have access to all your systems, failure to comply with result in a self destruct sequence.

edit: its gonna be loving hilarious

Mitsuo
Jul 4, 2007
What does this box do?
revelation? not a naglfar?

Best Friends
Nov 4, 2011

Digital Ebola posted:

I really didn't want to engage on the topic but I can never stop myself from making horrible posts. For one, I'm not sure if that post was sincere or not, but yes, the meta functions on a completely different level. People play rough. Someday, I might be able to tell all about it, when this game is dust and we've moved on. There are battles going on that people never read or hear about. A battle of wits that I play every drat day, whether I want to or not because the meta doesn't ever shut off or take a downtime.

I won't go into too much about the Manny thing. It happened, I apologized. There is a narrative that everyone likes and there is what happened. In either narrative, I made the mistake. It was a great game of chess and I literally picked up the chess board and threw it at my opponent after I had already won. Was Manny in or out? To my knowledge, he wasn't in, but that didn't matter, because I went to Okcupid, picked out the unsecured profile that flagged on a Google search and waved it around. It took months to get him. Months. Picked up the case several times, sat it back down. Waited for data. It took coordination and it took saving every scrap of info I could find and then I had to wait for that Eureka moment, which doesn't come as easily as one would think. It was a massive amount work for not just me but many others. The decision to execute a Titan is not something we make lightly. It had to be sure and certain. It was and I won against an opponent that probably has more meta experience that most. I wanted people to know it and I'm pretty certain he understood that about me and that was my downfall to lead to such a mistake.

A wise man once told me that big dogs don't bark. I try not to these days. It sometimes sucks because people don't see the real victories very often. They also don't get to see the human side very often either. You think it's all google and ban lists? Try frantically trying to find a missing Vio after the Boston bombing. Or the random suicide watch that happens and people are desperate to find out if someone is okay. I won't even begin to talk about 2012 but let me say, I was as close to broken as one could ever be and we still managed to do good works through it all, as many senior SA mods can attest. And I still relive that night and the days that follow in my head. And the conversations before. And deal with a certain emptiness every morning while I have coffee before work.

I was asked by someone to keep Goons safe. It sounds silly because it's a video game but it's a video game where the strong survive, the weak crumble and where acting, lies, treachery and deceit are perfectly legal. Unfortunately, until that changes, there will some rear end in a top hat working that angle and someone like me there to try to catch it.

If you are worried about the meta, don't play it. If you are worried about your information, then don't post it on publically available services or participate in social networking. It's that simple. I'll do my best to not bark about it and the Manny thing wasn't the only lesson for me. I'm just like you, I struggle to grow and improve.

I don't have to peruse my journals to know that many of the posters in here are not real goons and I'm flattered that so many pages have been devoted to my space job. It gives me hope because if bitching about a incident that happened now ages ago is the only thing you have, I know Goonkind will be in space until CCP sells out or crumbles to the ground.

And that's all you get and hopefully it fuels another 50 pages.

oh my god, get help. First, it's a stupid video game, chill out, you are not important, it's supposed to be for fun. Lots of people do in real life what you do for a video game and it's not a big deal, they make it just fine through the day without god complexes. Second, what did the months of tracking down the titan dude have anything at all to do with going "and you're gay! ahahaha!" Third why do you think being gay is some sort of shameful scandal, are you for real or some sort of 1930s time traveler. Like what world do you live in where saying "you are gay for real" legitimately wins you the argument and the shamefully gay person is just supposed to slink off into the sadly gay night as everyone claps and cheers.

thank you.

Meme Poker Party
Sep 1, 2006

by Azathoth

Best Friends posted:

Third why do you think being gay is some sort of shameful scandal, are you for real or some sort of 1930s time traveler. Like what world do you live in where saying "you are gay for real" legitimately wins you the argument and the shamefully gay person is just supposed to slink off into the sadly gay night as everyone claps and cheers.

Maybe he's not a time traveler, maybe he just lives in the south.

Best Friends
Nov 4, 2011

Seriously the only reason Digi's post hasn't been emptyquoted and laughed at for like a million posts is 1) people in the space guild are afraid of his elite space FBI powers of looking up forumnames.xls and/or 2) the space guild has been eve-famous for so long that this thread has attracted too many broken people to even notice how hilarious that poo poo is.

"Look, people may be mad that I told everyone a dude was gay in order to win an argument because I am a loving weirdo, but we were on the chase for months, and I am a God, literal Christ Risen, because I know what IP addresses and google are."

Holy gently caress.

vodkat
Jun 30, 2012

cannot legally be sold as vodka

Chomp8645 posted:

Shut down EVE.

I would actually be genuinely excited for a server reset.

Narciss
Nov 29, 2004

by Cowcaster

Best Friends posted:

Seriously the only reason Digi's post hasn't been emptyquoted and laughed at for like a million posts is 1) people in the space guild are afraid of his elite space FBI powers of looking up forumnames.xls and/or 2) the space guild has been eve-famous for so long that this thread has attracted too many broken people to even notice how hilarious that poo poo is.

"Look, people may be mad that I told everyone a dude was gay in order to win an argument because I am a loving weirdo, but we were on the chase for months, and I am a God, literal Christ Risen, because I know what IP addresses and google are."

Holy gently caress.

Do you have any idea how much is at stake in a game like EVE? No, you don't; because your gaming experience is limited to Call of Duty and at best, Star Shitizen. If playing with the Big Boys scares you then kindly make your way back to the WoW or SWTOR threads. :smug:

----------------
This thread brought to you by a tremendous dickhead!

Meme Poker Party
Sep 1, 2006

by Azathoth

vodkat posted:

Me too. It's probably one of the only things that would get me to resub but it would never happen because people don't like to have fun.

SpeedGem
Sep 19, 2012

by Ralp

Best Friends posted:

Holy gently caress.

His myspace page is still active.

w0ppy71
May 6, 2014

vodkat posted:

I'm sure Greyscale can manage another one.....

Best Friends
Nov 4, 2011

Like for real, that post is strong evidence Digi needs at the very least a mental health sabbatical. Right now 100% he is looking up my facebook profile to try to get some sweet digs at how sexy I am or something (spoilers: extremely sexy), and thinking that is perfectly fine and normal. This poo poo is breaking him. You have told him too many nice things about his elite investigation powers and now he believes it and worse believes he has Great Power.

suck my woke dick
Oct 10, 2012

:siren:I CANNOT EJACULATE WITHOUT SEEING NATIVE AMERICANS BRUTALISED!:siren:

Put this cum-loving slave on ignore immediately!

SpeedGem posted:

a ghost.

Ahahahaha yeah it is nothing. I make that much in 20 minutes without even playing the game.

SpeedGem
Sep 19, 2012

by Ralp

Best Friends posted:

Like for real, that post is strong evidence Digi needs at the very least a mental health sabbatical. Right now 100% he is looking up my facebook profile to try to get some sweet digs at how sexy I am or something (spoilers: extremely sexy), and thinking that is perfectly fine and normal. This poo poo is breaking him. You have told him too many nice things about his elite investigation powers and now he believes it and worse believes he has Great Power.

I'd say something but I won't. you are both batshit nuts in a space ship game. I drink alot and steal your isks.

Narciss
Nov 29, 2004

by Cowcaster

SpeedGem posted:

I'd say something but I won't. you are both batshit nuts in a space ship game. I drink alot and steal your isks.

If youve got a funny story about stealing isk just tell us man. No one has any idea what youre talking about

suck my woke dick
Oct 10, 2012

Best Friends posted:

doxxing looking up personal information? More like doXXXing :pervert:

SpeedGem
Sep 19, 2012

by Ralp

blowfish posted:

Ahahahaha yeah it is nothing. I make that much in 20 minutes without even playing the game.

yep, but its on a timer, maybe i'll make a varient of it, since goons are malwared by the russians.

You guys heres a tip, run process explorer.

SpeedGem
Sep 19, 2012

by Ralp

Narciss posted:

If youve got a funny story about stealing isk just tell us man. No one has any idea what youre talking about

thats the best part.

suck my woke dick
Oct 10, 2012

SpeedGem posted:

thats the best part.

If Garr Khan posts better than you, you really done hosed up

SpeedGem
Sep 19, 2012

by Ralp

blowfish posted:

If Garr Khan posts better than you, you really done hosed up

click the ? mark by my name and follow the advice.

Gwyneth Palpate
Jun 7, 2010

~SMcD

SpeedGem posted:

yep, but its on a timer, maybe i'll make a varient of it, since goons are malwared by the russians.

i run a mac, check mate :smugdog:

Rhymenoserous
May 23, 2008

SpeedGem posted:

Already do check and m8. m8.

SpeedGem
Sep 19, 2012

by Ralp
Theres your ghosts.

Mekchu
Apr 10, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

vodkat posted:

If/when CCP ever merge TQ and Serenity I'm all for that. Maybe not in regards to skills, but who knows there could be some amazing content in doing a full reset of everything.

SpeedGem
Sep 19, 2012

by Ralp
steal stealing your isks

ullerrm
Dec 31, 2012

Oh, the network slogan is true -- "watch FOX and be damned for all eternity!"

Oh, hey, there's sperg in jabber about a new Russian war, 300+ posts in the Eve thread, let's see wa--

:yikes: :yikes: :yikes:

In no particular order:

Digi hates him! Find out this one cool trick to save months of counter-intelligence and instantly identify all the stupid pubbies in your alliance!
Here's the trick: Look in a mirror. :getout:

Hazdoc posted:

There's a pretty fine line between comparing IP addresses to catch spies, and posting people's dating profiles to :iceburn: somebody on a lovely website.

Actually, the line is so thick that it could pass for the Berlin Wall. It's the difference between "getting rid of a spy", and "getting revenge on a spy."

On a side note, if you haven't been playing for a few years, you may only know "Kugu" for the forums named after him, and not the man. Kugu is/was a computer security consultant -- pentesting and IDS -- who dabbled in blackhat poo poo. He was getting paid by an alliance to directly break into competing alliances' websites, in order to do IP harvesting and intel gathering. There is some serious gray area poo poo out there that sane men should not touch.

blainestereo posted:

Sorry to interrupt but someone mentioned Dust 514 several pages ago and it got me curious - has it affected Eve alliance game/metagame while it lasted? Also, is it even alive still?

It hasn't affected nullsec, certainly. It's had a minor role in FW, as performances in DUST can modify the rate at which systems flip hands. It is barely hanging on by a thread, as everyone's waiting to see what happens wrt Project Legion.

ItBurns posted:

Is there any decent passive income?

Does blackops still exist?

There is very little passive income left in the game -- if you mean truly zero-effort poo poo like PI or datacores. There is a TON of extremely-low-effort income in the game, though; a lot of it doesn't even require you to be at your keyboard.

If you mean the ships, hell yeah, Black Ops still exist. If you mean the SIG, it's effectively mothballed at the moment; the Reavers, who may or may not exist, may have supplanted them.

Cao Ni Ma posted:

Who the gently caress is jeff? Some outed spy or something?

He is a Thought Leader in PL, and one of the moderators of Reddit's Eve shitbucket. He occasionally comes in here to troll. He is generally a good guy, though.

Rhymenoserous posted:

It would be nice if the mods just banned the really weird fuckers (BFM) rather than having to resort to Imp zone frontier Justice that shits up threads for all of the other people doing a thing/playing a game.

Modding in this forum is super inconsistent; you just get used to it.

And frankly, it's not the end of the world to have a big old derail now and then -- it lets everyone unwind and flush out the bowels a bit.

Widestancer posted:

I guess this part would be more believable if the first reaction to most of the people here was "yeah that was hosed up and it happened a long time ago" instead of impassioned arguments defending stuff that to any outside observer is really weird and hosed up.

You are the best troll ever. :shobon: You can stay.

Glory of Arioch posted:

won't someone please think of the children
besides bfm, i mean

:drat:

Zephyrine posted:

So the skill "Advanced target management"

Not counting the use of auto targeting systems. The only use for this skill at level 4 is a Triage Carrier with a T2 Triage module right?

Correct. Lv3 will cover you for all T2 logistics cruisers; lv4 will cover T2 triage. There is no need to train it past that.

Dr. Pangloss posted:

All that to say, on my way out of Syndicate, I met up with a decidely unfriendly Sabre pilot. He nearly got me before I raced back to the gate and jumped back through with just a little structure left. I thought it looked pretty awesome. Since I stupidly (fortunately, now) trained small projectile turrets to go with my caldari frigate five skill, I'm now focusing up on getting to Minatar ships. I have a while to train, and will go back through the thread to find a fit, but is there something similar I can do in a harpy or tristan that will prepare me for the strategies of using an interdictor? Should I just focus on going out there and attacking everything I can and start learning what kills me fast and what takes slightly longer to kill me?

I'd focus on just killing poo poo fast / dying fast. That said, PM me with an API key so I can see what you've got trained, and I'll try to suggest some fits for you.

Artificer posted:

Presumably if they nerf nullsec too much, then a lot of the nullsec players will leave, losing CCP money, right?

72% of Eve's subbed player population lives in highsec. We're the outliers here, not the norm. (But we're also the most vocal and active, and nullsec shenanigans make great marketing, so they do their best to keep us happy.)

No More Heroes posted:

Apparently Legion of Deaths Geminate staging of BWF is under siege by Solar with bubbles anchored on the station and sbus onlining.

This is honestly a return to form for Solar -- they lost BWF themselves not that long ago. Still, it's awesome.

In general, do not get involved in Russian space politics where possible. Not only is it barely comprehensible to Western minds (and heavily driven by dominant personalities building cults around themselves), but they get offended if you stick your nose in without being prompted to do so, and will slice your dick off. Just let them have it out.

Unfunny Poster posted:

I don't really get incursions, are they just regional/area specific events/instances that pay out higher for ratting?

Is that supposed to be fun?

Yep. A constellation at a time gets invaded by Sansha; the entire constellation gets cynojammed, everyone's tank/gank gets nerfed while they're in there, and the normal rats stop paying out bounties. Most rats are replaced with special Sansha rats that use advanced AI -- they will tackle you, neut you, manage range, and generally wreck you. But, if you're willing to actually fight the newly-arrived Sansha rats, you're rewarded with CONCORD LP (which can be used for awesome stuff, or converted to other LP to buy less awesome stuff). And, in lowsec and nullsec, there are special raid bosses that need large fleets to kill and can drop extremely lucrative items such as Revenant BPCs.

Because it requires large fleets and relatively pimped-out ships to run, most incursion runners are complete shitlers and incredibly fun to suicide-gank.

quote:

Everything else in the last two pages

:gas:

ullerrm fucked around with this message at 00:49 on Nov 13, 2014

ullerrm
Dec 31, 2012

Oh, the network slogan is true -- "watch FOX and be damned for all eternity!"

e: Doubleposting all the time. I blame Radium.

SpeedGem
Sep 19, 2012

by Ralp

ullerrm posted:

e: Doubleposting all the time. I blame Radium.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=u8kuNkbKybY&list=UUW8OHQJOYCT-ADkX93d65dg

suck my woke dick
Oct 10, 2012

ullerrm posted:

On a side note, if you haven't been playing for a few years, you may only know "Kugu" for the forums named after him, and not the man. Kugu is/was a computer security consultant -- pentesting and IDS -- who dabbled in blackhat poo poo. He was getting paid by an alliance to directly break into competing alliances' websites, in order to do IP harvesting and intel gathering. There is some serious gray area poo poo out there that sane men should not touch.

Well I would certainly expect him to be against :frogsiren:DOXXING:ducksiren: exposing peoples' identity on the internet

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SpeedGem
Sep 19, 2012

by Ralp

blowfish posted:

Well I would certainly expect him to be against :frogsiren:DOXXING:ducksiren: exposing peoples' identity on the internet

He mad

• Locked thread