Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Feenix
Mar 14, 2003
Sorry, guy.
Oh my good god even the FMV runs at a terrible clip.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tenzarin
Jul 24, 2007
Taco Defender
Did they take out loading screens in the game?, because I haven't seen one yet.

rizuhbull
Mar 30, 2011

Well playing offline didn't seem to change anything. Shame, was really hoping it was something concrete and simple like that and not an issue with the engine just being poo poo. For me anyway, low to high graphics only reduces maybe 5fps, so yeah, I don't know.

Back to Valkyrie Chronicles.

Lumpy the Cook
Feb 4, 2011

Drippy-goo-yay, mother-gunker!

ymgve posted:

Yeah, looking closely I see it's both at 1st and 12th here:

The base version and the "Gold" version count as two different entries, but it doesn't actually show which is which.

Merrill Grinch
May 21, 2001

infuriated by investments

Lunethex posted:

Did anyone make a club yet on the PS4 version?

I just did because I keep getting annoyed by that [GOON] club somebody sniped.

Search for clan tag LLJK on PS4 and we'll coop or whatever you can do with uPlay being down constantly.

TheCoon
Mar 3, 2009

Just noticed the companion app is available on the Windows Store so you can run it on PC without jamming up your phone or whatever. You need Windows 8/10.

Al Harrington
May 1, 2005

I used to be an adventurer like you, then I took an arrow in the eye

g0del
Jan 9, 2001

Fun Shoe

KittySpinEcho posted:

Also, why are people ragging on the free run? I've heard stuff like, I just keep running up things when I don't want to. What are your fingers doing? Are you pressing RT and A? That causes you to run up. Try not pressing A. RT + B lets you run and seamlessly jump down onto objects instead of awkwardly hanging from a ledge and dropping straight down. There is a bit of a learning curve with the controls but once you get the hang of it, running around the city is so much more fun than the previous games. I highly recommend using a controller for this game. You will thank me later.
How do you control the camera while pressing RT and A/B? Having to rely on the default chase-cam is a big part of why I can't play AC games with a controller.

Kurtofan
Feb 16, 2011

hon hon hon
So for people who played the game, how is Robespierre portrayed in this game? Big villain?

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

Kurtofan posted:

So for people who played the game, how is Robespierre portrayed in this game? Big villain?

The guy's named is Robe Spear.

If he isn't an Assassin with a really unwieldy signature style that's a missed opportunity.

ymgve
Jan 2, 2004

:dukedog:
Offensive Clock
Anyone else having an issue where the game will freeze completely for like 5-10 seconds, then resume as if nothing happened? Seems to happen a few times each hour.

Orv
May 4, 2011

Kurtofan posted:

He's a Templar, beyond that I don't know if any of us have gotten far enough because performance in cutscenes is an unbearable slideshow.

Grem
Mar 29, 2004
Probation
Can't post for 9 hours!
Well I dunno what's going on with the Youtube compression or anything but here's my experience with Unity summed up in a little clip.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4QTYz6YZ5OM&index=1&list=UUNiyyzrCdpzBRGnnbsc9syQ

A Fancy 400 lbs
Jul 24, 2008
Just went to download the latest AMD beta drivers, and this was in known issues:
Occasional stuttering in Assassin's Creed® Unity in CrossFire mode under specific game settings

Think someone should tell them it isn't their drivers for once? :v:

Orv
May 4, 2011
Faaaaaaart.

http://www.pcgamer.com/ubisoft-acknowledges-assassins-creed-unity-problems-on-amd-hardware/

But AMD owners seem to be the ones who are suffering the most.
"We are aware that the graphics performance of Assassin’s Creed Unity on PC may be adversely affected by certain AMD CPU and GPU configurations," Ubisoft Community Manager Justin Kruger wrote in an Assassin's Creed forum post. "This should not affect the vast majority of PC players, but rest assured that AMD and Ubisoft are continuing to work together closely to resolve the issue, and will provide more information as soon as it is available."

Tenzarin
Jul 24, 2007
Taco Defender
Snap it's AMD drivers at it again! Are AMD cards ever ready to handle new games?

Bloody Hedgehog
Dec 12, 2003

💥💥🤯💥💥
Gotta nuke something

Tenzarin posted:

Snap it's AMD drivers at it again! Are AMD cards ever ready to handle new games?

Are they still always super-late with their game-specific driver revisions? That's was one of the reasons I switched out to Nvidia a while back. Say what you will about the quality of AMD or Nvidias drivers, but at least Nvidia has their driver revisions for big games out on or before the games release date. Back when I was using AMD parts, they'd get theirs out a month after the game released.

TyrsHTML
May 13, 2004

Holy poo poo is there no way to actually search for a club. I had to spend 10 minute digging through the list to find saac.

Party Plane Jones
Jul 1, 2007

by Reene
Fun Shoe

Tenzarin posted:

Since NVIDIA THE WAY ITS MEANT TO BE PLAYED basically means AMD never actually gets developed on, they pretty much play catch-up with every release that comes out.

ghostinmyshell
Sep 17, 2004

I am very particular about biscuits, I'll have you know.

Party Plane Jones posted:

Since NVIDIA THE WAY ITS MEANT TO BE PLAYED basically means AMD never actually gets developed on, they pretty much play catch-up with every release that comes out.

But what do the consoles use?

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

TyrsHTML posted:

Holy poo poo is there no way to actually search for a club. I had to spend 10 minute digging through the list to find saac.

There's 2 buttons on the Search option. One is by name/tag,

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

BabelFish posted:

If the random 5 diamond dudes you find on the street are any indication, they just get more health.

It's pretty funny to jump from the starting weapon to an upgraded 5-diamond sword. Most combat is over in seconds. (Turns out you can do all the passive money improving missions, including the 5-diamond one at the end in starting gear, assassinates are always instant kills)

Where'd you find that guy anyway? I'm curious to give it a shot.

Wiggly Wayne DDS
Sep 11, 2010

ghostinmyshell posted:

But what do the consoles use?
AMD APUs, but that doesn't mean the developer is talking to AMD about the PC version for driver-specific optimisations.

Shooting Blanks
Jun 6, 2007

Real bullets mess up how cool this thing looks.

-Blade

So I think I joined the PC Unity clan but there's like 30 desinoobers and nobody else in there soooo...maybe it's broken? Is it a feature or a bug?

socialsecurity
Aug 30, 2003

I played a bunch yesterday smoothly but today has been crash city, think it has something to do with the districts to the south.

Orv
May 4, 2011

Shooting Blanks posted:

So I think I joined the PC Unity clan but there's like 30 desinoobers and nobody else in there soooo...maybe it's broken? Is it a feature or a bug?

That is a display bug. For instance 3/5 times I look at the membership list I see only SgtWheelmans.

Also I am forever stalked by his cyberghost while I'm at the Cafe Theatre.

Shooting Blanks
Jun 6, 2007

Real bullets mess up how cool this thing looks.

-Blade

Well, anyone online in the goon PC group want to try some of the more difficult coop stuff?

Edit: VV Just Added VV

Shooting Blanks fucked around with this message at 01:50 on Nov 13, 2014

Orv
May 4, 2011

Shooting Blanks posted:

Well, anyone online in the goon PC group want to try some of the more difficult coop stuff?

Yes, but also that means playing the game... yeah fine, add Orvidos on Uplay.

wjs5
Aug 22, 2009
I cant even get the game to realize that it is online, it gives me an error when I try to look at the club list or do anything multi.

Snuffman
May 21, 2004

ymgve posted:

Anyone else having an issue where the game will freeze completely for like 5-10 seconds, then resume as if nothing happened? Seems to happen a few times each hour.

Nvidia?

I thought it was just me and my video card was overheating or something. Happens waaay more in the south...I haven't been to the southernmost districts but get a feeling I might see that crash everyone is seeing.

ymgve
Jan 2, 2004

:dukedog:
Offensive Clock

Snuffman posted:

Nvidia?

I thought it was just me and my video card was overheating or something. Happens waaay more in the south...I haven't been to the southernmost districts but get a feeling I might see that crash everyone is seeing.

Yeah, newly bought Nvidia 980. It only seems to affect the game itself, as I could alt-tab out of the game fine. Also, it is a total freeze, where I can't do anything. I've seen someone else posting about a "freeze" where the game world stops, but they can still rotate the camera around, but this is different.

The Iron Rose
May 12, 2012

:minnie: Cat Army :minnie:
So fullscreen mode as opposed to borderless windows (ugh) works way better turns out. Shame. I hate non borderless windows.

Empress Brosephine
Mar 31, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
The time rift missions are pretty cool. They should've animated most of the Paris Stories missions though as those actually have interesting historical figures in them.

Bloody Hedgehog
Dec 12, 2003

💥💥🤯💥💥
Gotta nuke something

The Iron Rose posted:

So fullscreen mode as opposed to borderless windows (ugh) works way better turns out. Shame. I hate non borderless windows.

Why?

Buck Turgidson
Feb 6, 2011

𓀬𓀠𓀟𓀡𓀢𓀣𓀤𓀥𓀞𓀬

Grem posted:

Well I dunno what's going on with the Youtube compression or anything but here's my experience with Unity summed up in a little clip.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4QTYz6YZ5OM&index=1&list=UUNiyyzrCdpzBRGnnbsc9syQ

Wow that jump at 0:15

somethingawful bf
Jun 17, 2005

Snuffman posted:

Nvidia?

This is exactly me. Nvidia 770 and last night got to the south areas and it kept freezing for like 2-4 seconds and hitching super bad. Haven't played it since.

The Iron Rose
May 12, 2012

:minnie: Cat Army :minnie:

Literally no idea.

Lunethex
Feb 4, 2013

Me llamo Sarah Brandolino, the eighth Castilian of this magnificent marriage.

Merrill Grinch posted:

I just did because I keep getting annoyed by that [GOON] club somebody sniped.

Search for clan tag LLJK on PS4 and we'll coop or whatever you can do with uPlay being down constantly.

Hope there'll be more people.

im pooping!
Nov 17, 2006

So I've reclaimed my pirate ship in Rogue, and can't really figure out the deal with Naval battles. At the beginning of the game, it seems like you can sink all the British ships you want, but the French are your allies. Then it switches around and it doesn't seem to switch ambient missions in naval combat. So during the whole fight where you need to stop your allies from being destroyed, you are actually supposed to sink British ships and a popup keeps saying "Do not shoot your allies".

Quite confusing. Maybe I'm just playing too far ahead in the game, but I don't remember seeing these missions when the French were my naval allies.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tenzarin
Jul 24, 2007
Taco Defender

The Iron Rose posted:

Literally no idea.

I have an idea, can you verify your installation in steam? verify game cache, etc.

• Locked thread