Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

Crappy Jack posted:

Yeah, I'm more on this side. The framerate is distracting from time to time, but I'm digging the improved parkour controls, and turning off the HUD and wandering around at street level is as immersive, if not more, than it was in AC1. Shame there's a bunch of graphical glitches like folks getting stuck on geometry, but even with that, the streets are great, and the crowds are fun to watch.

I'd love to do this but the sub-20 framerate makes me kind of sick when I try to climb around. If it was steady I'd at least be okay with it but it honestly ash ruined the fun part of the game for me because it runs that badly.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

J-Spot
May 7, 2002

Apparently Ubisoft support is advising people experiencing frame rate issues to play offline. It sounds ridiculous but I'm curious if anyone has tried this.

Stick Figure Mafia
Dec 11, 2004

Policenaut
Jul 11, 2008

On the moon... they don't make Neo Kobe Pizza.

Guuurrrl where you get your TressFX done?

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

why is ubi soft even programming an npc lady that will never be appearing outside of a cutscene to have hair that moves with full physics in cutscenes?? is it in case she spontaneously free falls through the floor?

Feenix
Mar 14, 2003
Sorry, guy.
That is the coolest glitch so far!

Also to the guy asking, the people in the assassins creed unity mega thread have tried playing off-line per Ubisoft's suggestion with no luck or improvement.

Obsurveyor
Jan 10, 2003

Real hurthling! posted:

why is ubi soft even programming an npc lady that will never be appearing outside of a cutscene to have hair that moves with full physics in cutscenes?? is it in case she spontaneously free falls through the floor?

Figuring out content tools/workflow/pipelines for planned future content/games.

Stick Figure Mafia
Dec 11, 2004

Obsurveyor posted:

Figuring out content tools/workflow/pipelines for planned future content/games.

Assassins Creed: Undead Nightmare confirmed

Calaveron
Aug 7, 2006
:negative:

Bayonetta/rear end Creed crossover confirmed

TaurusOxford
Feb 10, 2009

Dad of the Year 2021

Stick Figure Mafia posted:

:stare:

60 dollar AAA game ladies and gentlemen.

Obsurveyor
Jan 10, 2003

Thought of another reason too: 1920x1080 pre-rendered video takes up a ton of disk space compared to in-game cutscenes. If you've got the power in the hardware, like we do now, it's probably worth investing in the tools.

Example: I made an hour and a half video for work a few weeks ago and it took up 18GB on a Blu-ray and the content was static most of the time, so the compression should have been real good.

J-Spot
May 7, 2002

Hey, they're ripping off character design from Fallout!

A True Jar Jar Fan
Nov 3, 2003

Primadonna

Has anyone made a game where this kind of horror is intentional and not caused by awesome glitches?

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

Surlaw posted:

Has anyone made a game where this kind of horror is intentional and not caused by awesome glitches?

those exploded faces are really appearing during normal play of ACU? holy hell i thought they were photoshopped

Knifegrab
Jul 30, 2014

Gadzooks! I'm terrified of this little child who is going to stab me with a knife. I must wrest the knife away from his control and therefore gain the upperhand.
If I own the last of us on ps3, the hard copy, can I get the remastered at a discount or for free or anything?

Stick Figure Mafia
Dec 11, 2004

Surlaw posted:

Saints Row IV had these great glitch zones where all the NPCs would go into their T-poses and would get all stretched out and rag doll and switch clothes and junk. That was played for humor not horror though.

Neo Rasa
Mar 8, 2007
Everyone should play DUKE games.

:dukedog:

Real hurthling! posted:

those exploded faces are really appearing during normal play of ACU? holy hell i thought they were photoshopped

You can get it in Tomb Raider also (even in the PS4/PC re-release) but it's rare, very brief and you have to intentionally go for it by wedging yourself into a corner and spinning the camera the right way and such. But here it's just straight up "hey guys we forgot to tell the game load faces for NPCs."

Is it because of tressfx? I know the initial console release of Tomb Raider didn't have support for it technically but is some bit of code related to it what causes it? These are the only games I've seen it in this bad.

The Cameo
Jan 20, 2005

Knifegrab posted:

If I own the last of us on ps3, the hard copy, can I get the remastered at a discount or for free or anything?

Not at this point. I think Gamestop had a deal back when it came out.

A True Jar Jar Fan
Nov 3, 2003

Primadonna

Saints Row IV had these great glitch zones where all the NPCs would go into their T-poses and would get all stretched out and rag doll and switch clothes and junk. That was played for humor not horror though.

Oh right, that was still pretty great. I remember being annoyed that they'd go back to normal when you went into Photo Mode.

I guess Colonel Campbell's face loses some flesh layers sometimes during the end of MGS2. Also good. Good bye flesh.

RagnarokAngel
Oct 5, 2006

Black Magic Extraordinaire

The Cameo posted:

Not at this point. I think Gamestop had a deal back when it came out.

Yeah for the first week you could trade in the original to get 50% off. Theyre not doing that anymore though.

Ruddha
Jan 21, 2006

when you realize how cool and retarded everything is you will tilt your head back and laugh at the sky
lmfao assassins creed has always been a lovely rear end game series but how could they have possibly have let this out? did they EVER gently caress it up BAD

RagnarokAngel
Oct 5, 2006

Black Magic Extraordinaire
Arrogance. Gamer swine will buy whatever slop you throw in their trough and like it.

Neo Rasa
Mar 8, 2007

RagnarokAngel posted:

Arrogance. Gamer swine will buy whatever slop you throw in their trough and like it.

It's true, despite all the anger now Ubisoft show off a new AC at E3 2015 and say they promise to fix all the glitches and really listened to the fans that make industry so great and everyone will bend over again. See: AC2, AC Brotherhood, AC Revelations, AC3. Unity gets a semi-pass because Black Flag is legit good so expectations were high but holy LOL at anyone that buys next year's AC game.

Donovan Trip
Jan 6, 2007
I think a better policy than not reviewing it would be reviewing it but giving it an instant zero. Otherwise a bad game doesn't get pinged on metacritic as it should. It almost gives the game a pass.

Neo Rasa
Mar 8, 2007

echronorian posted:

I think a better policy than not reviewing it would be reviewing it but giving it an instant zero. Otherwise a bad game doesn't get pinged on metacritic as it should. It almost gives the game a pass.

Welcome to game journalism!!! :D

Feenix
Mar 14, 2003
Sorry, guy.

echronorian posted:

You can't really give a game a bad review if it's not bad though. That's loving with your own credibility. You can choose not to review it. But if you do review it you need to give it an appropriate score.

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

organize digital employees

Real hurthling! posted:

These Glitches Turn Assassin's Creed Unity Into A Grotesque Worthy Of Picasso And Goya

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

Surlaw posted:

Face looks a lot like the opening of Dead Space 2.

Snooze Cruise
Feb 16, 2013

hey look,
a post
Finally the Assassin Creed games have revealed their true form.

shmee
Jun 24, 2005

The weird Ellie glitch in The Last of Us somewhat ruined the mood as well.

crackton
May 9, 2009

Calaveron posted:

Bayonetta/rear end Creed crossover confirmed

These aren't actually real glitches, are they ?

Snooze Cruise
Feb 16, 2013

hey look,
a post

crackton posted:

It is a bad game.

Snooze Cruise
Feb 16, 2013

hey look,
a post
And by bad I mean I don't just mean like its not a good game, which you know it isn't a good game, but rather its bad as in evil.

Its an evil nightmare demon I mean look at those pictures.

Assassin Creed Unity will suck your soul.

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

crackton posted:

Yes, those are real glitches.

Obsurveyor
Jan 10, 2003

Spoiler: It's really a "They Live" game!!

goferchan
Feb 8, 2004

It's 2006. I am taking 276 yeti furs from the goodies hoard.

Ruddha posted:

lmfao assassins creed has always been a lovely rear end game series but how could they have possibly have let this out? did they EVER gently caress it up BAD

I havent played it, or Unity, but from the impressions I've heard AC3 was about as bad. Black Flag was cool and Brotherhood was cool but even then I picked them both up way after launch for about $30 apiece . no hate towards anyone who is but I cant really understand what elements of the series make ANYONE a die hard assassins creed fan

The Cameo
Jan 20, 2005

shmee posted:

The weird Ellie glitch in The Last of Us somewhat ruined the mood as well.

"Remember me, Joel?! When I replaced your daughter? I sounded -- JUST -- LIKE -- THIS!"

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

organize digital employees

goferchan posted:

I havent played it, or Unity, but from the impressions I've heard AC3 was about as bad. Black Flag was cool and Brotherhood was cool but even then I picked them both up way after launch for about $30 apiece . no hate towards anyone who is but I cant really understand what elements of the series make ANYONE a die hard assassins creed fan

They have cool and underused historical settings.

TaurusOxford
Feb 10, 2009

Dad of the Year 2021

Feenix posted:

You can't really give a game a bad review if it's not bad though. That's loving with your own credibility. You can choose not to review it. But if you do review it you need to give it an appropriate score.

They can if everyone agrees to do it. What's Ubisoft going to do? Blacklist every games journalist? It's not like a zero is that much of a stretch considering Unity is basically on par with a NES cartridge that hasn't been pushed in all the way.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fork of Unknown Origins
Oct 21, 2005
Gotta Herd On?
I've never played a Little Big Planet game before; do they have good couch co-op? My wife loves playing Spelunky with me because she likes 2-D platforming, so it looks promising.

• Locked thread