Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

ThePhenomenalBaby
May 3, 2011
Nanako should have died and Dojima should have been the killer

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cake Attack
Mar 26, 2010

no

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
Yu should've been the killer.

projecthalaxy
Dec 27, 2008

Yes hello it is I Kurt's Secret Son

Everything should be made more grimdark all the time regardless of logic or reality.

TheKingofSprings
Oct 9, 2012

What he said but the game should've been better written to accommodate the actual killer

Factory Davey
Jan 9, 2010

I am aware of what the hands look like. I did my best. :(
Dojima wasn't voiced by JYB so that theory just makes no sense.

ThePhenomenalBaby
May 3, 2011

projecthalaxy posted:

Everything should be made more grimdark all the time regardless of logic or reality.

It worked for the late 80's and 90's and it sure as poo poo can work for persona

Manatee Cannon
Aug 26, 2010

Baltazar Robotnik posted:

Dojima wasn't voiced by JYB so that theory just makes no sense.

Every character should be voiced by him so you can't tell what to expect. Or who is talking.

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
Every character in the game should be voiced by Steve Blum, Crispin Freeman or Johnny Yong Bosch, especially the women.

Manatee Cannon
Aug 26, 2010

And Nolan North, reprising his role as Nolan North Voice Option in hit video game Saints Row 4.

The_Frag_Man
Mar 26, 2005

projecthalaxy posted:

This but seriously. I want the Transformers: Buckets of Blood of Persona.

Alder
Sep 24, 2013

Jmcrofts posted:

Can someone hit me up with suggestions on what SMT games are worth playing?

I've played and loved p3 and p4, and I played Devil Survivor 1 and SMT4 as well and thought they were pretty good. Never played any of the others. I have access to all consoles except PSP and Vita.

I was thinking I'd try out Digital Devil Saga and Nocturne maybe? Is Devil Summoner 2 better than those?

Devil Survivor 2 will (probably) be released for the 3DS soon again. I would play P3P and P4G if you haven't yet if you have a Vita ofc.

I couldn't get into DDS but Nocturne can be Nintendo hard for some parts. I liked DS2 more than the other former games but YMMV.

Beef Waifu posted:

Yeah and like every new Persona game, it gets silly and laughable when it tries to get dark because it doesn't do it well.

DS1 & 2 has some nightmare fuel now that I think about it more :banjo:

They both feature dark rituals and wow, it's creepy even for a M game.

TurnipFritter
Apr 21, 2010
10,000 POSTS ON TALKING TIME

Dehry posted:

Persona Q is still a persona game. It gets dark.

Attention Atlus: No one actually likes dark zones! They're boring and tedious and bumping into walls isn't very fun.

Captain Walker
Apr 7, 2009

Mother knows best
Listen to your mother
It's a scary world out there
I legit like Soul Hackers and Persona 1, I can understand the dislike for them but unlike, oh, Strange Journey, they have their ridiculous dungeon design coupled with fun battles. Persona 2 is really good regardless of your tolerance for old school design, as it evolves P1's formula with some more modern sensibilities, plus you can save anywhere so the dungeons are much less annoying.

StandardVC10
Feb 6, 2007

This avatar now 50% more dark mode compliant
I've got a day left in this Persona 3 run. What's the best way to fuse Alilat? I need something that doesn't involve Orpheus Telos or Metatron, because I have no way of getting those.

ApplesandOranges
Jun 22, 2012

Thankee kindly.
Asura (Sun) x Susano-O (Fool) will work, as will Asura x Ananta/Atavaka (Aeon). The former requires 12 Personas though, unless you already have them saved in the Compendium.

ApplesandOranges fucked around with this message at 06:13 on Nov 13, 2014

StandardVC10
Feb 6, 2007

This avatar now 50% more dark mode compliant

ApplesandOranges posted:

Asura (Sun) x Susano-O (Fool) will work, as will Asura x Ananta/Atavaka (Aeon). The former requires 12 Personas though, unless you already have them saved in the Compendium.

I had Susano-O, and... yeah making Asura was a total pain in the rear end. Looks as if it'll be worth it though, Asura looks useful.

Neo_Crimson
Aug 15, 2011

"Is that your final dandy?"

Beef Waifu posted:

Every character in the game should be voiced by Steve Blum, Crispin Freeman or Johnny Yong Bosch, especially the women.

this unironically

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
I was not being ironic, fellow goon.

Expect My Mom
Nov 18, 2013

by Smythe
I'm still hoping Pharos makes an appearance in Persona Q so we'll have three people in this game voiced by Yuri Lowenthal.

I don't even know if Persona Q has voice acting for sure, but yes I need 3x the Yuri.

Expect My Mom fucked around with this message at 07:34 on Nov 13, 2014

MonsieurChoc
Oct 12, 2013

Every species can smell its own extinction.
I'm still sad they had the goddamn P2 bunny in PQ but no P2 characters. I want to try and apply the penal code to Shadows, dammit!

Inflammatory
Apr 22, 2014

Moltrey posted:

I'm still hoping Pharos makes an appearance in Persona Q so we'll have three people in this game voiced by Yuri Lowenthal.

I don't even know if Persona Q has voice acting for sure, but yes I need 3x the Yuri.

it does.

BottledBodhisvata
Jul 26, 2013

by Lowtax

Beef Waifu posted:

No they aren't, you drama queen.

you wanna fight

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
I'm a lover not a fighter, thank you for the offer though.

BottledBodhisvata
Jul 26, 2013

by Lowtax

Beef Waifu posted:

I'm a lover not a fighter, thank you for the offer though.

i can do both

Expect My Mom
Nov 18, 2013

by Smythe

Thank God.

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022

oblomov
Jun 20, 2002

Meh... #overrated

Beef Waifu posted:

Yu should've been the killer.

He does kill with his swag!

Alder posted:

Devil Survivor 2 will (probably) be released for the 3DS soon again. I would play P3P and P4G if you haven't yet if you have a Vita ofc.

I couldn't get into DDS but Nocturne can be Nintendo hard for some parts. I liked DS2 more than the other former games but YMMV.

DS1 & 2 has some nightmare fuel now that I think about it more :banjo: They both feature dark rituals and wow, it's creepy even for a M game.
DS2 should release in US spring-summer I figure. Good luck to Europe though. DDS was pretty darn cool, so was Raidou 2. Nocturne is hard, but I don't think it's Nintendo hard if you are methodical about demon fusion.

Captain Walker posted:

I legit like Soul Hackers and Persona 1, I can understand the dislike for them but unlike, oh, Strange Journey, they have their ridiculous dungeon design coupled with fun battles. Persona 2 is really good regardless of your tolerance for old school design, as it evolves P1's formula with some more modern sensibilities, plus you can save anywhere so the dungeons are much less annoying.

I really liked Soul Hackers re-release on 3DS, but I really don't think P1 aged well at all. Soul Hackers are actually fun and P1 is tedious. Strange Journey gets annoying as poo poo toward last 1/3 of the game due to dungeon design. Battles are fine. I'd love SJ 3DS remake with redone dungeons.

P2 was good, but it still annoys the hell out of me with the whole PSP/PS1 situation with the split parts. Gah... I do have the Japanese PSP copy but haven't had PSP for years. Hmm... is there an english patch for P2EP?

The_Frag_Man
Mar 26, 2005

Oh yeah, we never got the 2nd half translated.. that loving sucks.
In Europe there's no way to play the 2nd half, the PS1 version is not on the PSN.

THE AWESOME GHOST
Oct 21, 2005

I mean with PS1 games it's not a huge deal. There's so many ways to play games cross-region or with fan patches and that sort of thing.

Also if you want to wait:

http://www.tradukosoft.info/post/97859888885/regarding-persona-2-eternal-punishment-a-quick-faq

These guys are working on patching the Japanese PSP version.

That said I have had Innocent Sin for years and never got past the first couple of hours. I need to get back into it but man the battles bored me, especially coming from other SMT games which have pretty good battle systems.

hubris.height
Jan 6, 2005

Pork Pro
i was really hoping for tons of p5 news after the tgs trailer but it has been quiet as it could possibly be ever since the trailer

cmykJester
Feb 16, 2011

by Nyc_Tattoo
Yeah. Isn't p5 supposed to come out next year?

Manatee Cannon
Aug 26, 2010

The_Frag_Man posted:

Oh yeah, we never got the 2nd half translated.. that loving sucks.
In Europe there's no way to play the 2nd half, the PS1 version is not on the PSN.

Sure there is. You can just make an American account and buy a US PSN code off Amazon or wherever.

oblomov
Jun 20, 2002

Meh... #overrated

cmykjester posted:

Yeah. Isn't p5 supposed to come out next year?

It's supposed to come out this Winter in Japan... which is not looking likely.

oblomov
Jun 20, 2002

Meh... #overrated

Manatee Cannon posted:

Sure there is. You can just make an American account and buy a US PSN code off Amazon or wherever.

Can also import PSX copy, rip it and play it through Emu. It is a bit pricey though. I snagged a copy fairly cheaply around a year ago but I got lucky on ebay.

Arist
Feb 13, 2012

who, me?

oblomov posted:

Butt Ghost
Nov 23, 2013

oblomov posted:

It was supposed to come out this Winter in Japan, but it was delayed. They announced it during the anime teaser at TGS.

Manatee Cannon
Aug 26, 2010

I bet the PS4 version is why it got pushed back. Wonder when they decided to have a PS4 version, since until TGS it was always just assumed to be PS3 exclusive.

CottonWolf
Jul 20, 2012

Good ideas generator

Manatee Cannon posted:

I bet the PS4 version is why it got pushed back. Wonder when they decided to have a PS4 version, since until TGS it was always just assumed to be PS3 exclusive.

Sales and marketing. It's a much easier sell generally if it's cross gen. We're at the point where lots of people won't consider buying last gen games at this point. (Not that I actually think that's true of Persona, given its fanbase, but still.) Plus, Sony probably wanted another "PS4 Exclusive".

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

hubris.height
Jan 6, 2005

Pork Pro

CottonWolf posted:

Sales and marketing. It's a much easier sell generally if it's cross gen. We're at the point where lots of people won't consider buying last gen games at this point. (Not that I actually think that's true of Persona, given its fanbase, but still.) Plus, Sony probably wanted another "PS4 Exclusive".

yeah odds are there was a sony rep who said 'we'll give you a few bucks extra to cover costs and some incentive to cross plat on this for ps4'

i'm glad it got announced for ps4 but by now i'd hope we'd have a name for main character and some little tidbits and teases of info