Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Ariong
Jun 25, 2012

Alkydere posted:

For reference: if you find a free ladder to the next floor when in Utero II, you'll go straight to Sheol. Since I was going that way anyways I didn't mind skipping It Lives which always eats a bunch of my heaalth, just thought people might be interested to know.

Just be careful not to do that on a challenge run that ends in womb 2.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Alkydere
Jun 7, 2010
Capitol: A building or complex of buildings in which any legislature meets.
Capital: A city designated as a legislative seat by the government or some other authority, often the city in which the government is located; otherwise the most important city within a country or a subdivision of it.

Kaethela posted:

What's the difference between Golden God, Platinum God, and The Real Platinum God?

The amount of suffering you put in.

Zeron
Oct 23, 2010

Atomicated posted:

Wait, 5.7% have the polaroid but 7.8% have The Angels are Waiting? Doesn't the latter require the former to unlock?

Edit: or can you get that with the Negative? I've been focusing more on the Chapel than Sheol so far.

Pretty sure achievement stats have been hosed up since release, you can't really trust them.

Samuel Clemens
Oct 4, 2013

I think we should call the Avengers.

Not Al-Qaeda posted:

Picked up ipecac and it gave me tiny explosive shots instead of normal ones, don't really know why cause I didn't have soy milk. neat

The best thing about Rebirth is how many different item combinations now actually work together. On my last run I had Triple Shot, Ipecac and Monstro's Lung, and they all synergized. Charging the attack took forever, but on the flipside nothing could survive more than one hit, not even Isaac.

Einwand
Nov 3, 2012

You idiot.
In this world it's pet or BE pet.

On the meat boy/bandage girl conversation, there's a way to cheat it that's honestly less painful but still heavily luck based. You need to get pyromania + one of the shoot explosive tear boosts as well as the sharp plug, then you get a monster manual and just infinitely use it until it gives you the meat boy and bandage girl required for it. Pretty much the only thing you need before the chest is the sharp plug, and with some decent D6 luck in the opening chest room you can get the other pieces.
Also a lot of stuff that synergises with triple/quad shot doesn't work with the double shot item which bothers me.

PureQuestion
Oct 15, 2014

Made some stuff. Some of it even didn't suck.

Atomicated posted:

Wait, 5.7% have the polaroid but 7.8% have The Angels are Waiting? Doesn't the latter require the former to unlock?

Edit: or can you get that with the Negative? I've been focusing more on the Chapel than Sheol so far.

Negative works too, yeah.

Manatee Cannon
Aug 26, 2010

Unfortunately I didn't think to share my first floor Gnawed Leaf seed earlier, but I've got it again and this time I come prepared.

ABYE
28YS

It hasn't been an amazing seed outside of that so far though, no damage and I'm slow as poo poo. But I did get a revenge fly so once I take damage I can just sit in a corner and wait it out.

edit: well, now I have the Mark and Book of Belial so this seed gets pretty cool after a while. My speed isn't quite so dire, either.

Manatee Cannon fucked around with this message at 23:47 on Nov 12, 2014

Logan 5
Jan 29, 2007

Bash -> To the Cop

A few pages ago but in order to unlock Challenge #11 you need both Epic Fetus (which you get from beating #19) AND to have found Loki's Horns in your item pool. Check your item page, see if you got Loki's Horns yet.

ChibiSoma
Apr 13, 2008

by FactsAreUseless
You know what's a fun combination? Sacred Heart + Fire Mind!

Definitely the strongest I've been in Rebirth so far. The fact that I had a small army with me as backup wasn't hurting, either.

Oxyclean
Sep 23, 2007

So I had pretty much a freebie run as Eve when I got Ipecac early, then Mr Mega, and then Pyromaniac as one of my boss rush items. Went from having nothing cleared as Eve to Boss Rush, Issac and Chest. :getin: Sprinkle in Infestation 2 + Hive Mind and It Lives died quite literally instantly.

Also, I think "The Lost" would be an interesting character if he didn't have health up items on his loot table, and maybe even no items related to giving you health (eg: Scapular, Lil Chad) Items that are something & hearts/soul hearts/sin hearts are fine. While I understand it'd make him a lot easier to play (which might be against the point of him,) you still can't get around only being able to take one hit and it would make it a lot more fun then having several floors of no items.

Logan 5
Jan 29, 2007

Bash -> To the Cop
Does anyone know what unlocks the Missing No.? I was curious about it in looking at what I have left to unlock but the info on wikis gives conflicting info on what unlocks it.

Also just found out there is a seed called "THEG HOST", a nod to Spelunky. Unfortunately it isnt anything as fun as a ghost that appears and chases you if you spend too much time on a floor, but just you take half a heart damage every 45 seconds

The Moon Monster
Dec 30, 2005

Just had a super easy run the gave me my first Chest attempt and clear. I was playing as Azazel and found Thunder Thighs in the first item room, one of the rocks in the adjacent room had a hidden passage which gave me :siren:FIRST FLOOR PRAYER CARD:siren: I managed to finish the game with max hp, despite making four devil deals. Almost accidentally picked up a dead cat on womb 2, though.

Later, I picked up technology 1 without thinking. It solved Azazel's range problem but the rate of fire was super slow. Still 2 shotted just about any normal enemies, and I had picked up a little brimstone earlier so no biggie. A few floors later I found Chocolate Milk, and apparently chocolate milk + technology = crazy rate of fire. Turned me into a laser machine gun.

I bought a starter deck, and since I cracked so many skulls I managed to find 2 jokers and a chaos card. I was able to find a total of 3 devil rooms, 1 angel room and The Krampus. The angel room just had 3 soul hearts, which was disappointing.

On Womb 2 I found a second chaos card and swapped my prayer card out for a crystal ball I got from the top secret room fortune machine. I beat It Lives easily, and 1-shot Isaac with one of my chaos cards.

I also had over 50 each of bombs/keys/pennies at this point.

Once I got to The Chest I used the crystal ball to map the place and it also popped out a Sun card. I was so sure of victory at this point I started playing pretty sloppily and was at low health by the time I got to the boss. So I walked in, and immediately tossed my chaos card diagonally past him! For some reason I had just assumed they only flew in cardinal directions, rather than using the same trajectory as tears. I was able to heal up with my sun card and beat him (didn't seem much tougher than Isaac) but if I hadn't found that sun card, or maybe if I picked up the fetus in a jar I had found a room earlier, it probably would have been the ultimate YASD.

The Moon Monster fucked around with this message at 00:03 on Nov 13, 2014

Manatee Cannon
Aug 26, 2010

Turns out "sit in the corner and wait" is a pretty good strategy for winning just about anything with the Gnawed Leaf when you have something that can deal damage without requiring you to move. First clear of the Dark Room complete. :v:

Andrast
Apr 21, 2010

I also just had my first clear of the Dark room but with a triple shot Brimstone. I don't even know what the Lamb actually does because it died so fast.

Power of Pecota
Aug 4, 2007

Goodness no, now that wouldn't do at all!

I think I'm due to get completely assed over on Suicide King, because I beat complete darkness and cat's got your tongue back to back last night and I just got a freaking Holy Mantle on Cursed.

Kurtofan
Feb 16, 2011

hon hon hon
Azazel with Anti Gravity is pretty funny, if terrible.

Alkydere
Jun 7, 2010
Capital: A city designated as a legislative seat by the government or some other authority, often the city in which the government is located; otherwise the most important city within a country or a subdivision of it.

Man, the little Decoy Dude (punching bag?) is worth his weight in gold.

Sebbe
Feb 29, 2004

Logan 5 posted:

Does anyone know what unlocks the Missing No.? I was curious about it in looking at what I have left to unlock but the info on wikis gives conflicting info on what unlocks it.

Yeah, I just unlocked it myself. It's for beating the boss rush as Lazarus.

TheRagamuffin
Aug 31, 2008

In Paradox Space, when you cross the line, your nuts are mine.
Hit a d6 room in Sheol that completely turned my Azazel run around. I don't even know what most of these items do, but I was shooting figure-eight-shaped brimstone lasers out both sides of my head, surrounded by blue spiders and flies, and got a ton of heart containers.

The hardest part of the Satan fight was waiting for the next phase to start.

Manatee Cannon
Aug 26, 2010

Andrast posted:

I also just had my first clear of the Dark room but with a triple shot Brimstone. I don't even know what the Lamb actually does because it died so fast.

I sat through my revenge fly and leech giving him a death by a thousand cuts, and he seems pretty tough. Though the run up to him seems way more brutal to me, though again I just sat there while everything died around me.

Alkydere
Jun 7, 2010

So, what's a good term for an Isaac run where you really don't want to re-roll anything and your D6 sits there getting used maybe once every other floor? Because I'm having one of those runs.

I mean, on one hand it's great and I don't mind getting a solid pile of health, tear and damage ups even though I'm not getting anything fancy. On the other hand...I want to use my D6.

The Crusher
Aug 13, 2007

ASK ME ABOUT HOW MUCH I LOVE NEKOMIMI CLIFFYB

Alkydere posted:

You're not lying. I got him really early and while his usefulness in the early stages wasn't readily apparent, he becomes incredible late game when half of everything homes in on you or targets you relentlessly. The fact he never dies or has to respawn is amazing.

Alkydere
Jun 7, 2010

The Crusher posted:

You're not lying. I got him really early and while his usefulness in the early stages wasn't readily apparent, he becomes incredible late game when half of everything homes in on you or targets you relentlessly. The fact he never dies or has to respawn is amazing.

I had him for a Duke, Megaman and Widow fight and while he's not so great with bosses themselves (especially Mega who sits there and just spits out fire) they're amazing for the boss's summons.

It's great watching all the damned spiders pick on him and leave Isaac alone.

Waffleopolis
Apr 24, 2005

It's time....for the MAIN event!
Finally beat Family Man, now I need to somehow unlock Loki's Horns to do Glass Canon. I hope this isn't a bug I'm running into. :(

Logan 5
Jan 29, 2007

Bash -> To the Cop
/\/\/\ Pretty sure it isnt, check your items and see if you've found Loki's Horns yet.

Sebbe posted:

Yeah, I just unlocked it myself. It's for beating the boss rush as Lazarus.

Ah, thank you. I still have to do boss rush with a few characters.

Andrast posted:

Dr. Fetus sucks in Rebirth. Epic Fetus on the other hand...

e: spoiled tagged the lamb just in case

Logan 5 fucked around with this message at 01:04 on Nov 13, 2014

Shadow Ninja 64
May 21, 2007

"I stood there, wondering why the puck was getting bigger...

and then it hit me."

Just had back to back runs with Lazarus that turned into Guppy. The second run also became Lord of the Flies. There were so many flies.

LazyMaybe
Aug 18, 2013

oouagh
it's really nice when you can just stand on the left of boss rush room and one-shot basically everything as it spawns
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rbFjBjvTO1w

SunAndSpring
Dec 4, 2013

Daeren
Aug 18, 2009

YER MUSTACHE IS CROOKED

Every time I think loss.jpg has run its course. Every single time.

limited
Dec 10, 2005
Limited Sanity
I had a full damage, quad shot that pierced and feared. Three familiars, and a whole bunch of hearts as Cain, in Utereo for the first time ever. Poised to get my murder on...

Then I picked up the dead cat from a secret room. :negative: I would complain about a lack of in-game wiki for stuff you've collected, but I'm never going to forget that drat thing now.

Sojenus
Dec 28, 2008

loss.jpg is his magnum opus whether or not he likes it.

Azazel is great but I've found that playing as any other character just feels tedious now. Slowly plinking away with non-piercing non-spectral slow firing tears that can miss just doesn't compare to flying around at high speed and vomiting on everything with nary a care in the world.

The Lord of Hats
Aug 22, 2010

Hello, yes! Is being very good day for posting, no?
Man, Azazel breaks the game in half *really* easily. I mean, he's a solid base, but he can very easily just rocket off into 'absolutely absurd'. My last three Azazel runs have been:

1. First Floor Tammy's Head, battery found later. Proceed to turn into giant DEATH WHEEL that kills bosses in one activation.

2. Ludovico Technique one of the four Boss Rush items. Proceed to hide behind the giant ring of death for rest of game.

3. Mom's Wig+Turn into Guppy+BFF: Azazel Beam now accompanied by endless stream of flies, one-shotting every single boss in the Boss Rush.

Zoness
Jul 24, 2011

Talk to the hand.
Grimey Drawer

Sojenus posted:

loss.jpg is his magnum opus whether or not he likes it.

Azazel is great but I've found that playing as any other character just feels tedious now. Slowly plinking away with non-piercing non-spectral slow firing tears that can miss just doesn't compare to flying around at high speed and vomiting on everything with nary a care in the world.

:agreed: the main downside of azazel is it takes a while to get used to characters that don't start off flying. considering how much lord of the pit costs he basically just has a 3 sin heart advantage on everyone even ignoring how amazing his attack is.

Waffleopolis
Apr 24, 2005

It's time....for the MAIN event!

Logan 5 posted:

/\/\/\ Pretty sure it isnt, check your items and see if you've found Loki's Horns yet.

Nope. Checked the items, none, Checked the Secrets, none. CHecked the Steam achievements, none. Loki's Horns ISN'T unlocking for me.

Manatee Cannon
Aug 26, 2010

Sometimes the stuff you get for killing bosses isn't awarded to you when you kill them. I seem to recall Gish and Chub not unlocking their stuff the first couple times I killed them when they were in boss rooms. It'll happen eventually.

The Lord of Hats posted:

Man, Azazel breaks the game in half *really* easily. I mean, he's a solid base, but he can very easily just rocket off into 'absolutely absurd'. My last three Azazel runs have been:

1. First Floor Tammy's Head, battery found later. Proceed to turn into giant DEATH WHEEL that kills bosses in one activation.

2. Ludovico Technique one of the four Boss Rush items. Proceed to hide behind the giant ring of death for rest of game.

3. Mom's Wig+Turn into Guppy+BFF: Azazel Beam now accompanied by endless stream of flies, one-shotting every single boss in the Boss Rush.

The only problem with Azazel is that a lot of cool gimmick stuff just doesn't work with his baby's first brimstone attack. Nothing is quite as broken as Ludovico Technique+Gnawed Leaf, though.

Literal Nazi Furry
Jan 27, 2008

Swastika - Helvetica - Ikea
Last night I dreamt of Adolf searching for Anne.
I lay on my back
standing alone in the corner watching the girls dance.

I'm on crystal meth.
I piss in my pants.

Alkydere posted:

He is a cool friendly mulligan buddy that just wants to hang out and be besties with you which makes him already worth his weight in gold. :3:

VDay
Jul 2, 2003

I'm Pacman Jones!

Manatee Cannon posted:

The only problem with Azazel is that a lot of cool gimmick stuff just doesn't work with his baby's first brimstone attack. Nothing is quite as broken as Ludovico Technique+Gnawed Leaf, though.

Doesn't moving the Ludo tear/beam/knife around knock you out of the rock state and counts as "moving"?

Logan 5
Jan 29, 2007

Bash -> To the Cop

Waffleopolis posted:

Nope. Checked the items, none, Checked the Secrets, none. CHecked the Steam achievements, none. Loki's Horns ISN'T unlocking for me.

I'm not sure what you mean by this. Are you saying you HAVE fought and beat Loki but Loki's Horns still isn't unlocked, either in your items or achievements? Cause if yes, then yeah that's probably a bug, must have been caused by one of the more recent updates because I had no problems with it.

It might be unlocked when you actually pick up the item too, have you always passed on it/not seen it?

Choco1980
Feb 22, 2013

I fell in love with a Video Nasty
Finally, after DAYS of playing, I got my first heart kill with Eve. It took Brimstone, judicious use of Guppy's Head, and Infamy to do it. Also, this was my bomb run, as I first got the Sad Bomb, which turns your bombs into Tammy's Head. Unfortunately it doesn't make them shoot out brimstone shots, it does give the damage up. I also had Number One, Bobby Bomb, and Butt Bomb, which fills the room with stunning gas when your bombs go off, and finally I had the Fly BFF, which takes on all of these properties, making him crazy powerful. He hit the Fallen at 2/3rds health, and one shotted him, not even letting him split into two. I had Guppy's Tail but didn't need it, and even had two hearts left at the end. A lot of people talk about how the way to play as Eve is to deliberately pop Whore of Babylon, but I tell you, she is just. too. weak. to start out. Her shots do piddly damage, and she's also slower than Isaac (the benchmark starter, obviously) making it hard for her to dodge fast enemies. I swear I get hit by those dashing big poops every room I encounter them in. You really have to depend on the drop RNG if you want to get anywhere with her.

Question: For my first heart kill, I used a shovel and went down and fought Satan as well, getting me ending #12. The next time I beat her I got ending #2. The stat screen shows ending #1 unlocked, but I don't think I unlocked anything/got any achievements for it? Am I wrong?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Bee
Nov 25, 2012

Making his way to the ring . . .
from Deep in the Jungle . . .

The Big Monkey!

VDay posted:

Doesn't moving the Ludo tear/beam/knife around knock you out of the rock state and counts as "moving"?

It does, but it still stays a tear when you aren't.

Pop it where Mom's Heart sits, or where Satan' usually hovering, or on one of Mom's doors, and trivialize entire phases of the fight while waiting.