Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
doverhog
May 31, 2013

Defender of democracy and human rights 🇺🇦
Tecia has a win over Rose and was ranked high for a reason, would be pretty surprised (again) if she lost (again).

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CommonShore
Jun 6, 2014

A true renaissance man

doverhog posted:

Tecia has a win over Rose and was ranked high for a reason, would be pretty surprised (again) if she lost (again).

What that doesn't take into consideration is that she has been through one weight cut and one fairly rough fight already.

1st AD
Dec 3, 2004

Brazilian Jiu-Jitsu: sometimes passing just isn't an option.

doverhog posted:

A "win" over Rose

Gregor Samsa
Sep 5, 2007
Nietzsche's Mustache
I haven't been watching this show but have been reading this thread on and off and haven't seen Penne mentioned once, I don't think. She came in as a big favorite, so I'm surprised. Has she just had no camera time, or did she lose a fight, or what?

1st AD
Dec 3, 2004

She easily won her fight and made no effort to get herself any camera time, in fact all of her time on the show so far has been with Felice who is excellent at getting talking heads.

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

bone shaking.
soul baking.
Felice loves the camera and it shows. Penne went in there and just steamrolled a rookie like she should.

Dr. Abysmal
Feb 17, 2010

We're all doomed

Mr. Nice! posted:

Felice loves the camera and it shows. Penne went in there and just steamrolled a rookie like she should.

You might be thinking of Carla Esparza, Penne's opponent was not a rookie. Lisa Ellis has 23 career fights.

Lloyd Boner
Oct 11, 2009

Yes officer, my name is Victoria Sonnen...berg
Although Penne did steamroll her pretty much as bad as Carla did her opponent.

CommonShore
Jun 6, 2014

A true renaissance man

Was Penne the one who was actively avoiding the camera, for who the production guys had to sneak around to actually get footage of her talking?

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

bone shaking.
soul baking.

Dr. Abysmal posted:

You might be thinking of Carla Esparza, Penne's opponent was not a rookie. Lisa Ellis has 23 career fights.

Yeah, that's right. Watching her just maul Angela was pretty impressive. She won like a champion should.

1st AD
Dec 3, 2004

For apparently the second week in a row, Amazon has put the episode out early. I'm at work so I can't comment on it yet, but I'm hoping this early release trend keeps up.

1st AD
Dec 3, 2004

Lmao the Skrapettes are sooooo petty.

I'll comment on the fight when the rest of you catch up.

Wise Learned Man
Apr 22, 2008

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Lipstick Apathy
Maybe I'm just sexist, but the personal stories in talking-head segments this season are just so hard to watch. I know there have been a ton of dudes with lovely lives/upbringings in prior seasons, but every week is such a bummer now.

Lloyd Boner
Oct 11, 2009

Magana is the worst

double negative
Jul 7, 2003

indeed, the stupidity is melting all of our brains

Wise Learned Man posted:

Maybe I'm just sexist, but the personal stories in talking-head segments this season are just so hard to watch. I know there have been a ton of dudes with lovely lives/upbringings in prior seasons, but every week is such a bummer now.

Is it sexist for me to think that the way these women are acting makes all women look bad

Truther Vandross
Jun 17, 2008

Lloyd Boner posted:

Magana is the worst

This.

E: I don't like heather at all but how in the loving hell can you expect her to NOT help given how they treat her.

"You can't rationalize with someone mentally disturbed" - a thing said by Angela loving Magana

Truther Vandross fucked around with this message at 04:26 on Nov 13, 2014

Wise Learned Man
Apr 22, 2008

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Lipstick Apathy

double negative posted:

indeed, the stupidity is melting all of our brains

Is it sexist for me to think that the way these women are acting makes all women look bad

Yeah, this bullshit is even harder to watch than the weepy stuff, but for entirely different reasons.

Dr. Abysmal
Feb 17, 2010

We're all doomed
It's always the same couple of people on camera and the rest of the cast does not exist at all.

CommonShore
Jun 6, 2014

A true renaissance man

sportsgenius86 posted:

This.

E: I don't like heather at all but how in the loving hell can you expect her to NOT help given how they treat her.

"You can't rationalize with someone mentally disturbed" - a thing said by Angela loving Magana

Even that aside - just she's just being a good sport and a nice person. They're taking the team aspects way too seriously. There's no "betrayal" or anything going on - the "Scrapettes" are just looking for a reason to talk poo poo. There's literally nothing that Heather could be doing that they wouldn't be poo poo talking right now. If she sabotaged Tecia's weight cut and pissed on her bed, they'd probably say that she was just being "fake" and was desperate to impress them or some poo poo, and that they could "see right through her" again.

gently caress, I hope Torres knocks her out with one of those heel kicks she was throwing.

Ironic Twist
Aug 3, 2008

I'm bokeh, you're bokeh
The Battle of the Up-Dos

CommonShore
Jun 6, 2014

A true renaissance man

Well that was a pretty cool running exchange.

Lloyd Boner
Oct 11, 2009

Those were some violent exchanges.

double negative
Jul 7, 2003

Fun first round, especially towards the end. Tecia's kicks controlled things for the better part of the round

Troxartas
Jan 13, 2007

The Old Warhorse
That was probably the best round of this season so far.

1st AD
Dec 3, 2004

"Bec Rawlings is the best boxer in the house"

*gets out struck by a roid midget whose only good offense is side kicks*

Jupiter Jazz
Jan 13, 2007

by sebmojo
Holy poo poo the drama on this show is loving hilarious. The shade they throw is just too dark. Team Melendez's "scrapettes" just don't give a poo poo. :lol:

Wise Learned Man
Apr 22, 2008

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Lipstick Apathy
Jojo is so polite :3:

Truther Vandross
Jun 17, 2008

Felice gon die

Lloyd Boner
Oct 11, 2009

Jojo vs Rose should be the finale

e: that poo poo's gonna be crazy

Wise Learned Man
Apr 22, 2008

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Lipstick Apathy
It's a goddamn travesty that Rose and Jojo are fighting so early, and I hope that whatever the outcome we see them fight again someday.

E: Lloyd! :argh:

CommonShore
Jun 6, 2014

A true renaissance man

Nice staredown.

1st AD
Dec 3, 2004

Sucks that JoJo vs Rose is the last quarterfinal because that's the fight I'm most interested in watching.

It's probably a good fight too if they're saving it for towards the end of the season.

double negative
Jul 7, 2003

1st AD posted:

Sucks that JoJo vs Rose is the last quarterfinal because that's the fight I'm most interested in watching.

You and everyone else who's watching this show. No surprise it's coming last

CommonShore
Jun 6, 2014

A true renaissance man

double negative posted:

You and everyone else who's watching this show. No surprise it's coming last

I would be fine with them cancelling the rest of the tournament and awarding the title to the winner of that fight.

1st AD
Dec 3, 2004

I have a feeling Carla vs Tecia and Felice vs Randa are gonna be kind of lovely. But Rose vs JoJo should own and I want to see the manner in which Aisling crashes and burns before getting subbed by Jessica.

Ironic Twist
Aug 3, 2008

I'm bokeh, you're bokeh
gently caress Karyn Bryant for comparing Bec's hellish ex-relationship to her name-calling at Heather.

double negative
Jul 7, 2003

1st AD posted:

I have a feeling Carla vs Tecia and Felice vs Randa are gonna be kind of lovely. But Rose vs JoJo should own and I want to see the manner in which Aisling crashes and burns before getting subbed by Jessica.

I'm kind of thinking that Carla vs. Tecia could be good. Carla will probably wrestle her to death but hopefully in a competitive match

Dr. Abysmal
Feb 17, 2010

We're all doomed
Ha, they have to make the coach's challenge into trivia because they absolutely cannot trust Pettis to not hurt himself

heeebrew
Sep 6, 2007

Weed smokin', joint tokin', fake Jew of the Weed thread

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_0e_p3XttBg fight highlights

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jupiter Jazz
Jan 13, 2007

by sebmojo
That fight was violent. :stare:

• Locked thread